Now to stick to the plan .....

So disappointed that I have STS after sticking totally to the plan for 7 days. I barely drank alcohol which was hard for me. I've just totted up my average calories for the week and it's 975. I've followed the guidelines for my height/weight and recommended calories on the Judd website. I don't get it. I don't want to start messing with the plan although it is tempting. I want results, and it's hard to be patient. I'll try drinking more water I think.

This is going to make it harder to stick to. I've already consoled myself with a piece of toast and 2 potions of tiramisu! I normally stick to meals only. At least it's an UP day (but not mentally!). I will try and keep going for 4 weeks before giving up.

Bloomin' diets.

That seems odd, JUDDD aside if you're only having 975 cals on average then just on CC alone you should be losing.

I do know that LB finds that if she goes too low she seems to stall too though?

More consolation going on here. Just had 185g bag of peanut M & M's - my fave chocolate treat! That was for my dinner. Wine to come later. Oh well.

Hi, just popping in to subscribe, as another 50+ new JUDDDER. Sorry about your sts today. I'm definitely not a JUDDD expert, but wonder if that daily average is too low for you? Also I think sometimes our bodies need a bit of time to settle in to a new eating plan. Don't give up, and enjoy your up day. I will keep my fingers crossed for a better
result for you next week.

Hi, just popping in to subscribe, as another 50+ new JUDDDER. Sorry about your sts today. I'm definitely not a JUDDD expert, but wonder if that daily average is too low for you? Also I think sometimes our bodies need a bit of time to settle in to a new eating plan. Don't give up, and enjoy your up day. I will keep my fingers crossed for a better
result for you next week.

Hi moonwatcher. Thanks for posting. I've only got around a stone to lose. Maybe it's tougher because of that too. I dunno. Anyway, it's early days and I will keep going. Just going to check your diary to see how it's progressed for you ...

I've stalled and my calories come in at around 900 a day averaged out over the week. The first month I lost doing that and less tho. I'm debating ditching JUDDD tbh. I am fed up of seeing the same old, same old on the scales this month.

I've stalled and my calories come in at around 900 a day averaged out over the week. The first month I lost doing that and less tho. I'm debating ditching JUDDD tbh. I am fed up of seeing the same old, same old on the scales this month.

It's so hard to keep going without good results. Most diets start well and then stall after a while, dont they? I wish we knew the answer to steady and consistent weight loss. Maybe it is just plain old healthy eating, keeping the calories within reason and exercising regularly. I think we all want a quick fix though, and those fixes are only short term as opposed to lifetime changes in our ways. I loved Dukan because I lost a lot on a daily basis at first, which is always a great motivator to continue. But it never lasted.

I wish you well on whatever you decide. I know it's not easy.

I'm going to try sticking at it for 4 weeks doing alternate days before I give up. I would encourage you to do the same if you will/can. Then we can say we've given it a fair trial. I might get the shakes & health bars or whatever for the next week to use on down days just to be sure I'm really doing less than 500 cals and TRY HARDER to get walking more (it's so effing cold outside tho!).

"I'm going to try sticking at it for 4 weeks doing alternate days before I give up. I would encourage you to do the same if you will/can. Then we can say we've given it a fair trial. I might get the shakes & health bars or whatever for the next week to use on down days just to be sure I'm really doing less than 500 cals and TRY HARDER to get walking more (it's so effing cold outside tho!)".

Totally agree!! With our body's Ups & downs, stress, hormones etc...Its hard to make a fair judgement on anything less than a month especially if you know you are sticking to the guidelines. Then you can tweak it a little once you've learnt your body's trends & responses thats where the daily weighing came in useful for the first few months as painful as the bounces were @ times, I had to remember you cant put on 2 - 3lbs of fat after one UDs that would be some UD, 7,000 - 10,000 calories over BMR lol

I've just cooked a batch of quorn-based bolognaise. About 6 portions. It's not very appealing. I added some grated carrot at the end and some salt to give it a bit more taste. Still pretty yuk. I don't think I'll be eating it today. I'll just freeze separate portions and keep for desperate emergencies.

I've got some turkey breasts (lol - sounds so funny!) - so will try currying it. DD today and struggling a bit to fancy anything low cal. Already had 200 cals and not had lunch yet.

It's so hard to keep going without good results. Most diets start well and then stall after a while, dont they? I wish we knew the answer to steady and consistent weight loss. Maybe it is just plain old healthy eating, keeping the calories within reason and exercising regularly. I think we all want a quick fix though, and those fixes are only short term as opposed to lifetime changes in our ways. I loved Dukan because I lost a lot on a daily basis at first, which is always a great motivator to continue. But it never lasted.

I wish you well on whatever you decide. I know it's not easy.

I'm going to try sticking at it for 4 weeks doing alternate days before I give up. I would encourage you to do the same if you will/can. Then we can say we've given it a fair trial. I might get the shakes & health bars or whatever for the next week to use on down days just to be sure I'm really doing less than 500 cals and TRY HARDER to get walking more (it's so effing cold outside tho!).

Yes I'm going to keep at it but changing my DD to full days instead of a split fast. I was doing 5 pm - 5 pm and I don't think the time scale was long enough to burn any fat. This is nearly the end of my second month on it and my first month I had fantastic losses so I got a bit spoilt :) Good luck xx

I've just cooked a batch of quorn-based bolognaise. About 6 portions. It's not very appealing. I added some grated carrot at the end and some salt to give it a bit more taste. Still pretty yuk. I don't think I'll be eating it today. I'll just freeze separate portions and keep for desperate emergencies.

I've got some turkey breasts (lol - sounds so funny!) - so will try currying it. DD today and struggling a bit to fancy anything low cal. Already had 200 cals and not had lunch yet.

I hate Quorn and was one of the reasons I stopped doing Slimming World. There is nothing as vile as a Quorn "sausage" :). ( except Quorn mince)

I like quorn meatballs, unfortunately it doesn't like me anymore, last time I ate it I thought I was going to have to go to A & E!! Anyway that was before I knew it was fungus.........really fungus meatballs......erm yum............not!

Yes apparently quite a lot of people can't tolerate it. Got to be honest though, I just don't like the taste. To me there is something a bit soapy about the flavour. :yuk:

I'm not going to post much as i've got a frozen shoulder which is very painful. Trying to rest it, but I'm on the computer most of the day at work. Booked a day off tomorrow. Really tired.

I'm still pretty much sticking with the plan. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

I'm not going to post much as i've got a frozen shoulder which is very painful. Trying to rest it, but I'm on the computer most of the day at work. Booked a day off tomorrow. Really tired.

I'm still pretty much sticking with the plan. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

I feel for you. I fractured mine last September and now it's locked solid and I can't move it above my waist. I've been waiting for physio for weeks and had steroids into the joint but it hasn't worked. Take care xx

I feel for you. I fractured mine last September and now it's locked solid and I can't move it above my waist. I've been waiting for physio for weeks and had steroids into the joint but it hasn't worked. Take care xx

Thanks.

Ouch! How did you fracture yours?

I went to the GP yesterday and had an injection, but it hasn't helped either. I just want some relief from the pain and to get a good nights sleep. I went to the hospital for an x ray too just to check what's going on. Can't believe it takes 10 days for the GP to get the results.

Back