Now to stick to the plan .....

Thanks.

Ouch! How did you fracture yours?

I went to the GP yesterday and had an injection, but it hasn't helped either. I just want some relief from the pain and to get a good nights sleep. I went to the hospital for an x ray too just to check what's going on. Can't believe it takes 10 days for the GP to get the results.

I run an animal rescue and it got crushed under a hutch which was being moved onto another one. In the course of x rays ( not til December when I couldn't stand the pain any more cos it was misdiagnosed as frozen shoulder in the first place) I found out my shoulder joint is wearing out too. It is slowly getting better but I can't dress myself very well and I was never offered any pain relief at all. I hope you get something sorted out asap. They gave me exercises to do which I laughed at cos one was holding a sweeping brush behind my back. I can't get my arm anywhere near my back!

The GP said they usually recommend exercises and anti-inflammatory tablets. It's a pity they do just assume it's frozen shoulder without checking with an x ray. I asked for one just in case. I wasn't given any exercises or tablets in the end, but I'm taking ibuprofen 3 x daily and painkillers at bedtime. I think it's easing, but it varies from hour to hour so not sure.

I'm still sticking to the diet, but am certain I've not lost any weight so far. My clothes still feel tight. I'm thinking of going back to Dukan when I finish my four weeks on this if there's no result.

DD today. I stuck within my food limits. I was so busy/stressed at work I didn't eat eat lunch till 3.30. I caught up later with a vegetable omelet with one yolk. Then sabotaged the day a bit by having 2 large voddy/tonics when I got home, and now on the red wine. Hic! I do feel I deserve and need it today though. Glad it's Friday tomorrow.

Weigh in tomorrow. 2 weeks done, and I'm feeling fatter. Not sure if I can stick another 2 weeks. Maybe I'll look at 5:2. Hmm .. not sure.

Thanks LB.

Well - 1lb lost. Big deal! I'm going to do 2 fast days this week and see what happens. I'll try and walk daily. I couldn't get out of the office at lunchtimes this week, but should be ok next week. I hear the weather is going to warm up a bit, so that should help to get me out. It would have been a down day today, but I'm just going to eat normally.

Thanks LB.

Well - 1lb lost. Big deal! I'm going to do 2 fast days this week and see what happens. I'll try and walk daily. I couldn't get out of the office at lunchtimes this week, but should be ok next week. I hear the weather is going to warm up a bit, so that should help to get me out. It would have been a down day today, but I'm just going to eat normally.

1lb off is better than a 1lb on. That's fine :) It does seem to be getting more spring like even here on the coast. I even got some washing dry on the line today - the first this year.

Strangely, my shoulder problem has improved. I realised last night that I could lift my arm with no pain and just a little stiffness. Weird after a week of severe pain. I was prepared for a long-term problem as I've had 2 friends with a frozen shoulder that have been suffering for 12 months and more (and still not resolved). I don't understand it, but am thankful for the relief. I've just been taking ibuprofen 3 x daily. The shoulder is still bruised to touch.

Had a 'normal' eating day today. Scrambled egg on toast for breakfast, cheese & pickle sandwich for lunch, wine and light cheese spread on ryvita for dinner, porridge for supper. Nice just to have what I want, when I want without any pressure from myself. I will have 2 fast days this week.

On a DD today. Had a 20 minute walk in my lunch break. I am thinking more and more that this isn't working for me. I will probably abandon this plan on Saturday unless there's at least a 2lb loss. Dukan is beckoning me. The only drawback with that is - giving up alcohol. I'm not sure I can stay reasonably sane without a drinky. We shall see.

So, I've done 5:2 this week. Weigh in tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I've not lost any weight. My clothes are feeling just the same.

Hi Jewelly, some times the results on this diet can be a bit odd, give it a month before you decide, to me, dieting every other day is way more of a sustainable lifestyle than anything else and it does work, all be it slowly at times.

I know it's tough when you're starving your ass off on a DD and don't see much movement on the scales though xxx

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I think I'm still looking for quick results, but I also know that slow losses tend to be more long-term. I need to be sensible - not easy!

Anyhoo, weigh in says I've lost 2lbs this week. Don't know where from, but I'm not complaining. I did 5:2 this week, so will continue the same next week. It's good to have weekends off. I must confess I had a lot of wine and choccie last night as I'd had a stressful week at work and wanted to treat myself. So glad it's the weekend;)

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I think I'm still looking for quick results, but I also know that slow losses tend to be more long-term. I need to be sensible - not easy!

Anyhoo, weigh in says I've lost 2lbs this week. Don't know where from, but I'm not complaining. I did 5:2 this week, so will continue the same next week. It's good to have weekends off. I must confess I had a lot of wine and choccie last night as I'd had a stressful week at work and wanted to treat myself. So glad it's the weekend;)

That really is a great result well done xx

Honestly what other plan lets you have wine and choccie and deal with life stress and still gives you a 2lb loss????? I love this plan I'm never trying anything else, it can be tough and results slow but not as tough as dieting every day and constantly feeling guilty about off plan eating.

Slow and steady wins the race and it does stay off, I've been kinda off lan for 2 weeks now and I've only gained about 2-2.5lbs which I'm delighted about

I'm still on track with the 5:2 plan. This is week 4. Good DD yesterday - had a long walk. Up day today, so no problem. I went to the GP today and the shoulder xray showed wear and tear, but not arthritis as such, so he's recommended exercises twice daily.

Glad to hear no arthritis Jewelly, I am riddled with osteo arthritis, the shoulder one is a right pain when it flares up, not sure whats worse the injections or the shoulder pain!

Also great to hear you are still on plan, I have been a bad girl this week.

I'm still here and still on track, but havent been able to post. My internet has been down. Just had the engineer round to fix it. Yay!

I had lost 2lbs at Saturdays's weigh in, so I'm very happy. I will stick to the 5:2 as it seems to be working, slowly but surely.

Thanks. You've got a lot going on at the moment. I'm sure you'll get back into it when the rest of life settles down. Sometimes we just need to get by the best we can. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're showing very little damage on our stats - just do what you can, when you can. :)

Back