Now to stick to the plan .....

I've not posted for a week. Not sure why really - partly I suppose because I put on 2lb at the weekend weigh in and got pee'd off with it all. I'm still trying my best, but finding I'm not sleeping too well on the 'down' days even if I leave all the calorie intake until the evening. My body still knows I haven't eaten enough. I keep waking up, and then I keep getting plagued with thoughts about work worries. Argh!

I really must get walking regularly. I went for a massive trek on Easter Sunday (someone else's idea - I never expected it to be so long!), and slept a full 10 hours that night. But I haven't had a good walk since! I get so frustrated with myself. Forever making excuses. Now it's snowing outside - AGAIN! - so I'm telling myself it's too cold to go out for a walk.

I'm mostly sticking to the 5:2 plan. My son's wedding is only 8 weeks away. Panic stations. I'm feeling so low in confidence about whatever I'll be wearing as I can't help keep comparing myself to the mother of the bride who is slim (and more stylish than me). God, I'm such a moaning minnie today. Sorry to anyone who reads this! Will buck up next time.

Sorry you feel down in the dumps about it all, in general it does seem like you are doing well.

I have been sleeping badly too and it does really get you down, but i am the opposite sleep fne on down days and can't sleep on up days as they have been sugar filled days. Also at 49 I think I am beginning the menopause as i often wake up just drenched in sweat joy oh joy. I spend half the night throwing covers off and the other half shivering and trying to get warm .

Keep on going, have you bought an outfit for the wedding if not why not book a personal shopper at oen fo the department stores, they are usually free and may help you find something you wouldnt normally look at

Teresa

Thanks Teresa. The personal shopper idea is brilliant! I'll wait another few weeks (in case I lose weight!) and look into that. I've got a dress I like, and bought some sandals to go with it. It's just feeling confident enough to wear it and not worry if others might think it's too bold. Weigh in today showed a 1lb loss. I'll keep on with this diet. They key for me really is to walk more as well to get more benefit.

I sympathise with you having night sweats. I'm just out of the menopause - the flushes seemed to go on for years. I started taking apple cider vinegar daily, and I think it really helped. It's something I stumbled across when looking at weight loss remedies, but it's being hailed as a remedy for all sorts of things. It has cleared up the psoriasis flare ups I've had on my hands for years too. Unless I am just gullible, of course, and it's all just a coincidence. We never know these things for sure, do we?

I see you're not far from your weight-loss goal. Well done. Keep it up.

Well sts at the weigh in on Saturday. Can't complain tho - at least it's not a gain. I've started exercising in the last week so I hope for a loss next time.

I put on my outfit for my son's wedding yesterday and popped next door to show my elderley neightbour and her daughter. I got the seal of approval from them, so feel much more confident about it now. Happy days.

Stayed the same again this week. Something's gotta change. I've been walking 2 miles every other day all of last week. Maybe I'll increase that and try to keep my fast days at 500 cals - I have gone over a bit as I've been so hungry some days.

Well, I got a bit stuck. My motivation went, I stopped weighing in, but at least I never on a binge-fest. I basically kept the calories reasonable, but was struggling to keep to the fast days as I just simply felt too hungry each time I tried to do one, so I caved in. I stopped doing my walking exercise. My weight hasn't shifted (my clothes are telling me that).

This week, though, I fasted from 8pm Tuesday to 8pm Wednesday with very little discomfort. Started a fast at 8pm again last night and intend to feast at 8pm tonight. This might be the way forward for me. I cetainly hope so. My son's wedding is on 26th. Don't panic!!

Although I'm not posting on here much lately, I am still following other people's progress and willing them on in my head. Good luck everyone.

Hi jewelly
I am new to the board and new to JUDDD.

I am still adjusting and yes, the down days can be rough. not alot of calories to play with. SOUP is a great down day meal. For me I am lucky cause it just fills me up SO much that it holds the hunger at bay. a can of soup is 160 cals and I add a bit more water for volume. I can literally eat 3 a day and stay at 460 cals. find small meals that are super filling. that will get you thru a down day. best I have found so far is to keep it small but BIG. Like a salad. tons of green veg. very low cal but alot of volume to eat.

best of luck. Don't panic. the 26th is a bit away and you can get some more lbs off by then. just work that plan and stay strong!

Hi Firedragon

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you enjoy the plan. I think it's the best I've come across.

I wish soup did it for me. It doesn't fill me at all. I think I see it as just a drink. I need something more solid in my tummy! I started out on this diet having lots of veggies on down days to fill up. But I've found that the best way for me is to just delay the time of my first food in a day as long as possible. That's why not eating from 8pm one till 8pm has worked for me this week. Some people have done 5 - 5. Whatever suits. Before I eat in a day, I don't feel the hunger so much. I just have coffee with milk all day. I suppose I could substitute some of the coffee for soup, but I'm pretty sure it would switch my 'eat' button on. I'd rather wait till the end of the day and have a normal meal. As it's the end of a 24hr fast it can be anything - and wine if I want!

Weigh in this morning showed a 1lb loss. That's ok. A loss is a loss and my jeans did feel slightly looser yesterday. Might have been my imagination of course, but I'm just encouraging myself along!

1lb loss again this week. I'll keep going. Even though it's slow, I'm hoping it will be longer lasting than other diets.

Another 1lb off. Had my son's wedding last weekend, and I felt I looked ok. I'm so glad I've been able to stick (mainly) to this diet. Without it my weight would have crept up and I would have felt rotten at the wedding. I've got 2 weeks in the sun coming up from 11th June - so not sure how that wil affect things. I'm just going to try and be reasonably careful with what I eat. Drinking will probably not be too restricted - though I will be walking and swimming every day. I just need a chilled break with no pressure on myself. Any damage can be repaired later. Can't wait:)

Last edited:
Thats the spirit Jewelly, slowly but surely and like you say getting it off slowly it's more likely to stay that way, holiday sounds great, where you off to?

I'm going to Crete. I love the Greek islands and intend to visit a different one very year if I can.

I'm stick checking in on your blog from time to time. I hope you're settling in now and getting into good routines again. You seem to be back on track. Good luck :)

You know i've never been to Crete. It's not one of those places that jump out when i'm thinking about a holiday but that's probably because i don't actually know anyone whose been there.

Have you been before?

I haven't been to Crete before, but I've spoken to a few people who have been and got good reports. It's the largest of the Greek Islands I think. There'll be a few trips to historical sites I expect, but I'm mainly going for the weather, sea swimming, friendly people and real Greek yogurt!

(Note to self - don't get greedy, only a small bowl of yogurt a day if you don't want your sinuses blocking up)

Back