Pandas Calorie World!

Feel quite miserable atm... I can't face work but have too, Tuesday is coming too fast, way too fast. I fed him a bit this evening and we washed his bottom to keep him fresh, he just lay in my arms, no struggling, no kicking about... this is what he'd usually do. :( I think he's given up. I know it's the right thing to do but it hurts me so much... i feel like my hearts being ripped out my chest :(

Woke up this morning and threw up a few times, still went to work but didnt eat until 6ish.

6pm 2 pieces of corned beef with 2 pieces of wholemeal bread.

Dinner 10pm the new goodness sainsburys brand, bbq chicken and rice, good for you naan and gu dessert

good luck today hun, i know its hard but its for the best xxx

Hope you are doing ok today. Thoughts are with you.

Hey guys, we put off the vet visit until 3pm, I was pretty much okay until we started getting him ready and then the tears flowed, I then regained myself in the car until we got close to the vets, I felt like I was having some sort of fit, my throat closed and I was trying so hard to regain control of myself, I cried my way into the vets, into the vet room and then the vet (who was lovely and I've never met before but apparently she met Zambi when he had his ultrasound a few weeks earlier). She calmed me down, talked me through the situation, let me decide when it should happen, they took him out to be gassed (just to go to sleep) then she did the injection just outside the door and I held him until his heart stopped, tbh when she brought him in, he looked dead already so I didn't see the point in holding him until the injection worked but still did... You know, I hoped I could hold him when he went to sleep (from being awake).

We've decided to bring him home, show him to his cage mate (seemed freaked out by it but not bothered by the loss), we're going to bury him tomorrow night in my OH's garden.

Breakfast - Nothing, felt sick.
Lunch - 3 Slices of Corned Beef 204cal, Wholemeal bread, 2 slices 196cal, Walkers baked stars 94cal.
Dinner - Sainsburys Italian Mozzarella pasta bake (1/2pack) 495cal, 2 mini naans 240
Snack - Gu Cheesecake - 318cal.

I did have a cookie and forgot to log it so I'm over but don't know how much because it's like a special edition sainsburys cookie, I'm over around 150cal.

Thanks for thinking about me guys... I'm okay now, had a bit of a break down after we got him home, was rocking my pig in it's blanket until my boyfriend suggested we box him up for burial. I felt like I shouldn't let him go, he didn't feel dead, just asleep :/ The vet said it's very normal for us to be so conflicted in 'putting' an animal down because we're programmed to look after them and keep them safe and it's like doing the opposite.

aww i hope youre doing ok love, yeah it is one of those things that just doesnt seem right but you know its right in the long term, and thats nice that you got to hold him after. just remind yourself that he was ill and in pain and you helped him to feel better xxxxx

I have put on weight, I think it may be because I kinda went off plan Saturday and Sunday... I regret it because it made me so ill Monday. I'm also not drinking hardly any water, I've decided I'm only allowed to drink water until the evening when I'll allow myself some tea... so today i've had 1 pint with my breakfast.

Breakfast - 2 pieces of wholemeal toast 196cal, Can't believe its not butter 14g 70cal.
Lunch - Wholemeal bread 98cal, greek stype muller corner 115cal, WW tomato and basil soup 77cal.
Dinner - Steak stirfry. - fine egg noodles 178cal for 1 nest, light soy saue 3cal, mushroom stirfry 60cal, sunflower oil 80cal, beef 123cal.
Snacks - 2 xLindt Bell 218cal, lindt reindeer tiny one, 58cal, gu hot chocolate pot 300cal. baked stars 94cal.
3 pints of water.

1710cals to use, 1670 used, 40 left.

:)

Last edited:
Poor wee Zambi. At least he isn't suffering any more. My 3 boars seem to have adjusted well since we lost Nebula which is good.

Upping your water intake is a good idea. I find it so difficult some days to get through the 2 litres but I know it's good for me. I basically don't drink anything else so I need to make sure I get my h2o!
Don't let your gain get you down, you'll lose it and then some. You've had a tough week.

We took another of our pigs to our specilist tonight, he'd stopped eating a day or two ago, turns out his back teeth were growing inwards over his tongue so I'm glad thats sorted, he wants us to syringe feed him for a day or two to pick his weight up and get smaller pellets.

Damn, anyone fancying a box full of Lindt chocolate, they're selling all the Christmas stuff for 80p and under on there website ;) such a temptation, we got our box yesterday, I'll post a picture.
xx

Isn't it just ^_^ Usually though it's out of view... I am struggling with staying on calories right now, I don't know why, might have been Tuesday but I've got to the point where atm i don't care, but yet being sick last Monday from eating take-away says something to me and the sight of my stomach when I lay in the bath repulses me. I didn't eat until near 3pm today which is something I do quite a lot, if I eat 'early' I tend to over eat in the evening but I don't think it's healthy to wake up at 10am and then not eat until near 3. I've had to start syringe feeding my other pig, he keeps dribbling because of his teeth being sorted yesterday and seems unhappy, but it'll take him a few days to get used to his normal teeth again. He needs to eat by himself though because otherwise his teeth will grow over his tongue again >.<

I used to be terrible for not eating til late afternoon. Now I force myself when I wake up...it's why I always usually have a smoothie because I can sip it and it doesn't seem like much but fills me up well!!
Aww bless, poor wee piggie. I think Spooky may have a problem with his back teeth, gonna need to whisk him to the vet. Do they literally just clip them shorter?

Well I don't visit the vet because they ALWAYS gas them before where my rodentologist wraps them in a towel and does it whilst they're awake, they struggle but it's quicker and they don't have the risk. He uses what looks like tiny plyers that snipe away at the teeth, do you know much about the inside of their mouths? They have the 4 front teeth we can see, these are about the size of a coffee cup handle (when taken out completely) you see barely any of it!, then they have a ton at the back like our molars. Cally's it seems are going to keep growing over his tongue every few months... he snipped his tongue by accident so i think thats why he's dribbling, we all know what it's like to have an ulser. >.<

Breakfast - Nothing.
Lunch - Chicken and Vegetable BIG soup 299cal, tesco tiger roll 140cal.
Dinner - The Hairy Dieters Chicken Jalfrezi 2 portions 558cal, 2 deli wrap 384cal.
Snack - Creme Egg 180cal,
Exercise - 20 minutes on the spin bike - 400cal earned.

3 pints of water

Today.

Breakfast - Small Banana 58cal.
Lunch - Mission Deli Wrap x 2 284cal, 44g cheese 183cal, tomato 22cal.
Dinner - The Hairy Dieters Chilli Salad Bowl 397cal, - minced meat with various spices in a bed of salad (tomato, cucumber, spring onion and lime juice) in a mission wrap with salad and WW Cream stuff lol.

Snack - Cadbury Caramel Hot Pudding 300cal - really wasn't worth it, should of had a GU pud instead...

Still got some more cals left and I may do 20 minutes on the exercise bike for an extra 400cals... I'm to go bed just before 12 for a 7:45am wake >.<!

Last edited:
oooo, you have an exercise bike? I'd love one of them...

And I would rather the vet didn't gas my piggies either, especially not for something like clipping their teeth! I did indeed know about their 'hidden' teeth at the back. Last time I had Spooky at the vet she used that wee contraption thingy that pushes their cheeks apart/keeps their mouth open so she could see his back teeth and they were ok then but that was nearly a year ago. I have an appointment on Tuesday for him. Just off to clean them out actually - which is a work out in itself! The 3 of them are in a c&c cage that's 5ft 10 x 3ft 6, takes up a good part of my bedroom haha.

Hope you have had a nice Saturday so far! x

Had quite a hard day today, couldn't sleep till near 3, then had work from 9am, felt sick most of the day, heaved a few times after my break at lunch time on floor, where customers are but no one saw me... We were so busy it was a 45 minute wait for anyone who wasn't booked in.

I had food there because I forgot to prepare and couldn't touch food this morning. So ended up having a Tenpin Ltd Spicy Veggy burger which turns out is a CURRY burger, worse thing I could of had, a plain burger would of been better on my stomach >.<, I think it caused heartburn, which in turned created a lump and caused me to panic, I actually felt faint at one moment,

I'm working tomorrow 10-5, (I'm just really bad in the mornings so working in the mornings is very hard). 12-7pm Monday... Friday 5-1am then Saturday 9-5pm! i'm not looking forward to a night/morning shift.

Back