PogMoma's Diary

I'm so proud of myself. It's someone's birthday and I resisted cake! (A bit sad I know lol)

Defo something to be proud of pog! well done :)

Day 9

Total 1,522cals

Well I survived the gym. I left just before I nearly died lol I'm so unfit it's shocking! Gym buddy was the same too since he hadn't been for ages either. We agreed to try and go at least twice a week. I found out he nearly cancelled on me today but then I emailed to confirm gym tonight was still on so he decided to come after all haha.

I've definitely gone off Exante products. I had a strawberry shake when I got home (I was quite looking forward to it too!) and nearly gagged. I struggled to finish it and had a gherkin and loads of peanut butter to get rid of the taste. Bleurgh. I think I'm going to have to put the shakes up for sale too :(

Oh my days my arms, shoulders and bottom (from bike seat) hurt but in a good way.

Hi Cactus, thanks :)

I have just the one baby. She was a Christmas present from my OH and she's a funny little thing.

I can't see your diary anymore :( How many posts do I need to get access to Gold?

How are you doing?

Aww Pog, I didn't realise that little hedgehog was actually yours! She's very cute! I didn't know you could keep them as pets, do they live inside? Sorry if I sound thick I do love little baby animals lol.

Hope you're not too sore after the gym sesh yesterday! X

Hello :) Here to subscribe - I love your diary! We have similar tastes, pizza and percy pigs :D

Welcome :) Love the pizza and Percy Pigs!

Aww Pog, I didn't realise that little hedgehog was actually yours! She's very cute! I didn't know you could keep them as pets, do they live inside? Sorry if I sound thick I do love little baby animals lol. Hope you're not too sore after the gym sesh yesterday! X

Yep she's all mine! She's an African Pygmy Hedgehog and they're bred to be kept as indoor pets. Different to the British Hedgehog that lives in the garden. She sleeps in a shoebox inside her rabbit cage hehe x

Not too sore after gym but arms feel restless!

Day 10

Total 1,849cals

I had a fair amount of sushi and miso soup for lunch and a few mugs of green tea and water throughout the day so I was very surprised when I was nearly home I started feeling really faint and dizzy. When I got inside and sat down it got a bit worse so I wolfed down some digestive biscuits hoping it would make me feel better. My OH came home armed with McDonalds so I had a cheeseburger, chips, apple pie and coke. I felt a lot better after that although I still have a slight headache. No idea what happened there, quite surprised. I had planned to have some chicken and salad for dinner today but that went out the window :(

Work was VERY quiet today so I had a LOT of time to think about things. Mainly diet related things lol Hard not to ignore the tyre round the middle if you don't have much work to distract you!
I'm on Day 10 on this 12-8pm calorie counting thing I'm attempting for the first time in my life but I don't feel much better than before and the scales certainly don't show a loss. I'm constantly maintaining within 1kg from when I started. Is it too early or is this not for me?

I love all food including junk food and I like both sweet and savoury. I eat food because I like it. The flavours, textures etc but I'm not always good with cooking things from scratch. I could easily have three packets of crisps instead of proper food for lunch or dinner and the calories would be similar.

In this case it's about the quantity (calories) but what about the quality (actual food)?

Maybe I do need structure. Maybe I do need rules.

The only thing that made me lose weight AND made me feel healthier was the Dukan Diet. It was so hard giving up carbs for so long and I hit a plateau on the weight loss after losing 2 stone, I was fed up so threw the towel in and didn't even bother to consolidate what I had lost till then. I was only half a stone away from goal. That was two years ago. Needless to say, I soon piled it all back on because I went back to my old ways. Since then I've been dabbling with all sorts of diets but I found it hard to stick to any other diet and have maintained this weight - which is my heaviest and pre Dukan weight. I can say at least I haven't gone over that but I don't want to stay like this!

With a heavy heart, I think I will have to go back to Dukan. I say heavy heart cos I know it won't be easy but hey, if losing weight was easy there would be no overweight people!

It's my OH's birthday next Friday and we have plans for dinner plus something planned for Saturday too. I still have quite a bit of food that's not allowed on Dukan - that my OH doesn't eat - left in the flat. I'll have those and limit the damage until I can start Dukan next Sunday. I need to psych myself up for this!

Hi Pog, sorry you're struggling but sounds like you might have a plan there. I don't know much about Dukan but if it's worked for you before then maybe it's worth a try? I'm the same as you I LOVE food, all food lol. It is so hard losing weight but it's hard being unhappy with our weight as well so I guess we have to pick which one we want!

Hope everything works out for you anyway and you manage to find something that suits :)

Morning!
I feel your pain - we're so similar in out thoughts about food/cooking/eating etc that we could be twins. It's still early days for you doing 16:8 everything I have read about fasting diets says that any weight loss will be erratic and to only take notice of a monthly result, I know that is easier said than done as we all like to see the scales go down. I would suggest giving it another week or two unless it really doesn't feel right for you. As for Dukan, I've had several friends do it and they've all had good results, they are all also like yourself, now back to square one! Have you ever tried doing 5:2? The 2 aren't much fun, but the other 5 sure are :).
You have to find something that you can keep up for years or in the long term it'll never work.
This is all very good coming from me who changes diets on a weekly basis :D
Hope you're feeling ok today x

Morning, thanks ladies!

I'm feeling a bit better today. Tired but that's ok.

Mandy - I tried 5:2 for a couple of weeks last year and although it seemed to work, I got so obsessed with food on the fast days and binged on non fast days I had to pack it in. I was on one of the 5:2 groups on FB where I found out about 16:8. People who stalled on 5:2 seemed to switch to 16:8 and it worked for them. But I think I need more structure otherwise I'll make bad food choices and at best maintain but not lose!

I think initially I want to lose weight relatively quickly and then maybe go back to some sort of fasting to maintain.

Yesterday I worked out I could reach goal by the end of May on Dukan and consolidate until mid November. Am I dedicating this whole year to get back into shape? If that's what it takes lol

I'll still be doing 12-8pm watching calories until end of next week and I'll weigh in officially next Friday to find out how I've done on 3 weeks of this. Who knows I might be pleasantly surprised but not holding my breath.

It sounds like you've thought it all through and know exactly what you're doing :)
Dukan certainly does work, so go for it!
Pleased you're feeling better x

Hi Cactus, thanks :)

I have just the one baby. She was a Christmas present from my OH and she's a funny little thing.

I can't see your diary anymore :( How many posts do I need to get access to Gold?

How are you doing?

She sounds cool, I'm sure they aren't much hassle to look after?

Ah you need 1500, I'm doing ok, can't complain : )

I know what you mean Pog about needing rules etc on a diet, if Dukan worked for you before then that is probably what you should do, even if it is tough just remember it is only temporary

It sounds like you've thought it all through and know exactly what you're doing :) Dukan certainly does work, so go for it! Pleased you're feeling better x

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. My friend just told me I was on the Dukan Diet in 2011! Oops!

She sounds cool, I'm sure they aren't much hassle to look after? Ah you need 1500, I'm doing ok, can't complain : ) I know what you mean Pog about needing rules etc on a diet, if Dukan worked for you before then that is probably what you should do, even if it is tough just remember it is only temporary

They're relatively easy to look after but they require lots of attention, handling everyday if you want them to be tame and friendly. Lots of patience and perserverance and even then they may not love you back. But she's cool, such a little monkey. When I'm away from home I miss her :)

Hmm it might be a while before I get 1500 posts! Shame.

Yes it's only temporary. As long as I stick to the plan I won't have to be on a strict diet forever.

I was talking to the girl who sits behind me and mid sentence she goes "You've lost weight!" lol Apparently my middle was tubbier before and it def looks smaller now. I think it's the top that makes it look smaller but whatever the case, that's cheered me up a bit!

Back