PogMoma's Diary

Ooo fitbit I love mine, definitely encourages you to do more exercise! Sounds like you're walking quite a bit already, good luck with the stairs!

Food looks quite nice, I don't know much about Dukan but I know it gives good losses, best of luck for today!

X

I've sent you a friend request from MFP, we can hook up on fitbit too I think. I couldn't believe your avatar, it's the one I had on weight watchers! :eek:
How's Dukan today?

I have accepted :) I don't know how the Fitbit friends works but if you drop me your email or whatever I need, I'll try add you later this evening.

Hahaha no way! Maybe we are twins :p

Dukan is going well today. Pretty much the same food as yesterday so I think your cats will like me a lot today too lol

Mandy - I've joined the group :)

I've had another good day but it's only day 2 so I'm not getting too excited. Also I weighed this morning and found I lost 0.8kg but again, early days so not getting too excited. I know how quickly I get bored of so much protein.

Food for today.

2x boiled eggs
2x seafood sticks
Tuna steak (raw) with chilli sauce
60g Tin tuna
Rump steak with A1 sauce
Oatbran pancake
2x black coffees
1x green tea
1.5l water

Also I went to the gym after work and tried the sit-down bike machine. 30mins later I get off the bike and I nearly fall over. Legs were like jelly lol Just because it looks more laid back doesn't mean it is! I'm definitely going on this from now on rather than the normal exercise bike. Better work out :)

Oh yea and my new toy the Fitbit. Apparently I've done 9,887steps today??? Wa??? I have the setting on 'normal' but I think it's really sensitive. I honestly don't believe I walked that much unless my drinking lots of fluids and rushing back and forth to the loo makes it all up lol Actually I did walk to the gym from work which is further away than home but still... We'll see.

Tomorrow is the planned off diet dinner day. OH's birthday is Friday but we've decided to combine our once a month date night and birthday together so we're eating out once instead of twice. Helps with the diet!

Food looks quite nice, I don't know much about Dukan but I know it gives good losses, best of luck for today!

X

Dukan Diet in a nutshell :)

4 phases

Attack - short, protein only phase to shock the system (1-10 days depending on how much you have to lose)
Cruise - alternate between protein only days and protein+veg day until you reach goal
Consolidation - start introducing carbs and fruit (to do for 5 days per every lb lost ie if you've lost 20lbs, consol should be 100 days)
Stabilisation - eat whatever you want (obviously not binging) but have one day a week protein only

Oatbran - to have in every stage, can make into porridge, pancakes, bread etc. Basically the only carby carb you can have until you reach goal.

Dairy - only low fat or no fat allowed.

There is more to it but that's the short version :)

It does really work but only if you do all the stages, unlike me - I abandoned it during the Cruise phase, went back to how I ate before and gained it all back! Nonono, not this time if I can help it lol x

I have a picture of you like the first Bridget Jones film falling off the exercise bike lol.
I don't have a hope keeping up with you steps wise, my boss is back from holiday tomorrow so I won't get as much privacy to desk jog :) maybe we'll get some more people to join the group?
What's your plan for date night or shouldn't I ask ;)

Ooo fitbit group - I'll join!

Food looks good pog, hope you have a good day today :)

I have a picture of you like the first Bridget Jones film falling off the exercise bike lol.
I don't have a hope keeping up with you steps wise, my boss is back from holiday tomorrow so I won't get as much privacy to desk jog :) maybe we'll get some more people to join the group?
What's your plan for date night or shouldn't I ask ;)

Hahaha yes it was something like the Bridget Jones scene. I sat down to rest for a moment and when I got up I nearly fell over again lol

The thought of you jogging at your desk makes me giggle hehe.

I don't think we're allowed to actively try and get people to join other site groups on here but hopefully we'll spread the word somehow :p

We try and go to new places for date night and a few weeks ago I bought a Group-on voucher for this seafood place. Lobster, squid, chips and dessert for £29 for two people. Not too bad? OH isn't a big fan of seafood but he's a picky eater so he doesn't know what he likes unless he's tried it lol He's looking forward to the lobster tho since he hasn't had it before. He'll try anything at least once so hopefully it will be a good one!

Hope everyone reading has a good day :) x

Great! The more the merrier :D
Can I friend you on MFP too?

Of course! I can't remember how to do it but my username is the same as on here :)

Hahaha yes it was something like the Bridget Jones scene. I sat down to rest for a moment and when I got up I nearly fell over again lol

The thought of you jogging at your desk makes me giggle hehe.

I don't think we're allowed to actively try and get people to join other site groups on here but hopefully we'll spread the word somehow :p

We try and go to new places for date night and a few weeks ago I bought a Group-on voucher for this seafood place. Lobster, squid, chips and dessert for £29 for two people. Not too bad? OH isn't a big fan of seafood but he's a picky eater so he doesn't know what he likes unless he's tried it lol He's looking forward to the lobster tho since he hasn't had it before. He'll try anything at least once so hopefully it will be a good one!

Hope everyone reading has a good day :) x

OMG that seafood thing sounds amazing! Hope you enjoy Pog :)

Thanks Clareel and Mandy, date night was good. Food was great, service was great, we enjoyed the evening :)

Today's food was;

Dukan pancake
Lightest Philadelphia
1x boiled egg
2x mini snack salami
2x seafood sticks
2x wafer thin ham slices
1x black coffee
2x green tea

...and of course the date night dinner :D

One lobster to share
Fried squid
Chips
Salad
Coke
Dessert was this amazing pineapple sorbet inside a pineapple where the inside was scooped out

The food was soooo good! They had a fish counter with everything on ice on display, you pick what you want and they can cook it the way you want. We're planning to go there again. Yum. Next time if I'm still on Dukan I'll just have fish and salad, no chips.

Fitibit says I have done 13,029 steps??? I'm sure it's over counting!

I forgot to weigh myself this morning but I will tomorrow to see what damage dinner has caused lol
I feel so positive right now anyway, I'll just get straight back on it :)

Oh god that meal and dessert sounds lush! Where was it if you don't mind me asking? Well done on eating well in the day - as you knew you were going off plan in the evening it must have been tempting to have a whole day off, but you did a good job there :)

With regards to the fitbit, I thought mine was over counting at first, so I walked 1000 steps and counted each one - fitbit measured 996 steps to that's close enough for me! Maybe do a little test like that? I'd say it's quite possible if you walk around quite a bit during the day? I manage over 20,000 some days.

Hope you have a good day today, best of luck with WI

x

I'm going to get so shown up with my steps :eek: I've checked mine too and it's pretty accurate. I've given up on the sleep monitor though, it was too depressing and made me feel more tired!

I took your advice Clareel and counted steps from my desk to the loos - 55 but Fitbit counted 58. Maybe short distances are over counted because of momentum?? I don't know, I'm talking rubbish here lol Do I go to the loo that often during the day???

I shall experiment this weekend and count for longer distances and see what it says.

Although weird thing is, it resets at night, I go to bed with the sleep tracker on it seems to think I've done 50-100 steps overnight. I only went to the loo once last night and it counted 99?? Weird.

Oh yea yesterday - I didn't even think about writing the entire day off just cos I knew I had an off plan dinner coming up. I must be in the right set of mind to do this. Thanks for reminding me Clareel, a tiny eye opener for me :)

Hope everyone is having a good day x

I'm going to get so shown up with my steps :eek: I've checked mine too and it's pretty accurate. I've given up on the sleep monitor though, it was too depressing and made me feel more tired!

Really? Interesting! I'm still early stages so I find it interesting to see what the sleep tracker says. If I've had too much water and tea I tend to wake up during the night to go to the loo a bit.

I'm not naturally a competitive person but do I hint a bit of competition for steps going on here? :p

Really? Interesting! I'm still early stages so I find it interesting to see what the sleep tracker says. If I've had too much water and tea I tend to wake up during the night to go to the loo a bit.

I'm not naturally a competitive person but do I hint a bit of competition for steps going on here? :p
You'll win, no problem at all ;)
I'm happy if I reach 6000, that's virtually doubled what I did before I got it. Mine says I've done about a 100 if I sleep in it, maybe it's jolts it every time you move? I know I'm a bad sleeper, seeing it on a chart made me feel even worse!!
How's Dukan today?

It's good that you've doubled since you started. I thought I was doing much less than 10,000 but it looks like I'm going to have to up my goal!

Ah ok I'll just have to ignore the 100 odd while sleeping then.

Dukan is going well today. I experimented with eggs at lunch. Put two in a bowl, swirled round with a fork and zapped it in the microwave for 1min 30secs. Not the nicest but not too bad. Had it with ham :)

I'm going to weigh and measure tomorrow morning to see if there's any progress so fingers crossed. I think I'm in the right mind frame at the moment so will do an extra Attack day tomorrow and start Cruise on Saturday. Can't wait for salads and veg!

Back