PogMoma's Diary

Day 11

Total cals - unknown

I went out with my friend and had an unplanned dinner. Evening was supposed to be simple film and go home but friend arrived too late so we had to watch later ones which meant we had about 2 hours to kill. A bit annoyed but nothing major. I do like TGIF food tho lol

That's a lovely compliment Pog, you are paying more attention to your eating now so every chance you do look a bit slimmer :) Glad you enjoyed lat night, nothing wrong with a nice bit of food and good company, we have to have a life as well! X

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning I tried my very small size 14 jeans on and I could do them up! A couple of months ago the zip wouldn't even go up properly. Now I can do the button up but I have a serious muffin top when wearing those so I can't wear them outside yet lol Weight and measurements haven't changed so I'm a bit miffed.

My OH had to go to Suffolk last night to sort stuff out and will be back Saturday or Sunday so his cooking meal has been postponed until then. No plans to eat out until next Wednesday so I can focus on being good for a bit. Might try go to the gym at some point over the weekend too.

It's Friday! Hope everyone has a good day :) x

Hehe thanks Cactus :)

Day 12

Total 1,302cals

I have a feeling I've had more than this but that's what MFP says so I'll go with it.

I'm getting impatient and I want to lose weight NOW so I've decided to go on the Dukan Diet from Monday. I will do a big shop either Saturday or Sunday and plan meals. I wanted to start next Sunday after my OH's cooked Valentine's meal, OH's birthday etc but sod it, let's start and see what happens lol I think the sooner I start, the sooner I'll feel better about myself even if it means I go off plan for OH's birthday dinner. I'm actually looking forward to the positive effects of Dukan. No bloating, feeling trimmer quickly etc.

Afternoon Pog, that's good news that you are going back on Dukan, if it worked for you before I'm sure it will again : )

Yesterday and today were pretty easy going days food wise. I didn't count calories too much but at the same time I didn't binge and stuff my face with anything and everything.

My OH cooked dinner yesterday including pudding which has last until today. Very nice, very yummy. He should cook more often but he absolutely hates it and gets very stressed. Actually I had to take over near to the end for the main meal cos he was getting so worked up!

Did my big shop today and the fridge and cupboards are full of Dukan friendly stuff. I've read the book again and I think I'm ready to do this. I got my OH to read the book too so he understands what I'm doing.

Technically you can eat however much you want whenever you want of the allowed foods so I think it will be a bit pointless counting the calories although it would be interesting to know and see the difference. I'll try log everything on MFP and see if it's worth it.

Oh yea, one weird thing I noticed over this weekend... When I was on 100% VLCD I was shocked by how much hair I was losing everyday. That was the main reason I stopped VLCD. I have been watching my calories intake for quite a while now but yesterday and today (when I wasn't watching my calories) I noticed less hair was falling out. Coincidence? I guess I'll never find out. I think that's why I reckon Dukan will do me good for a change. It's gonna be tought but I know it works and I know it makes me feel better so I need to stick to it.

Tomorrow is a new start! (Famous last words lol)

There is always time for a new start x

Good luck honey x

Right, here's the plan.

I went on the Dukan website to check how many days I should do the Attack phase for and it came back with 3 days. However I have my OH's birthday dinner planned for this Wednesday. I will do Attack until Thursday, see if I can do it for Friday as well as take it from there.

Measurements;

72kg
Body fat 44.6% (half my body is fat???!!!)
Chest 102cm
Left arm 29cm
Right arm 29cm
Waist 86cm
Belly 107cm
Hips 107cm
Left thigh 59cm
Right thigh 61cm
Calves 39cm each

I'll measure again once I finish attack.

Thanks Mandy I do feel quite positive :)

Day has gone ok so far. Not hungry at all. Will post food when I get home but so far I've had a lot of tuna lol

Go for it honey x

Evening Pog, well done on a good weekend and getting started with Dukan today :) You sound really positive and I'm sure you will succeed! Looking forward to seeing how you get on X

Thanks Peeps :)

I think I had a successful day diet wise.

Rather than having breakfast, lunch and dinner I just ate whenever I felt hungry or even a bit peckish. All Dukan friendly food of course.

In total I had;

2x boiled eggs
Tuna steak (raw) with a bit of chilli sauce to dip
60g tin tuna in brine
2x wafer thin ham
Rump steak with A1 sauce
1x sugarfree Werthers
Oatbran pancake (oatbran, egg white, fromage frais, sweetener)
A few spoonfuls of Quark for dessert
1x black coffee
2x green tea
1l water

MFP says that all comes to 1,154cals. Interesting. I thought it would be more than that but then again, I suppose to high cal food are usually carby stuff.

Technically speaking I'm sure the chilli sauce and def the A1 sauce are not allowed but I don't want to risk going off the rails because I got bored or I couldn't take just eating protein. I found today quite easy but I'm sure it will become boring quite soon! Tomorrow's menu will be pretty much the same but I'll update how I get on.

Ohhhhhhhhhh my Fitbit One arrived today! It's so beautiful (drool, I love gadgets). I'm charging it up right now and trying to figure out how to delete activities. It seems to think I've already walked 87steps?! Or is it because I had it in my bag and I walked home? Nah... the walk home is way more than 87steps, I have no idea what that's all about! Anyway, looking forward to see how much I do actually walk every day and hopefully it will motivate me to move more. Walking back and forth to work 25mins each way every day doesn't do anything for me now. I need to do more! I might start walking up the stairs at work. Our company uses the ground floor and floors 3-6. I work on the 5th floor so I'll try going up to the 3rd first and take the lift the rest of the way if I need to. I always walk down the stairs but never up hehe. Bearing in mind these are office building stairs, there are lots of them compared to normal flats! I'm gonna die aren't I, I struggle to climb up to my flat which is on the 3rd floor lol

Well done! I have to admit I skipped most of the first bit, I read it tomorrow when I've eaten ;)
You'll love your fitbit, it's my latest obsession! I'm going to get caught desk jogging one of these days. It sounds like you do a lot of exercise already, don't go for your free week of the fitness programme until you have a week or so of data on it, then it can grade you more accurately, I've just started mine today.
Well done on your first day x

Back