QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Morning Capricorn, Hope your having a great day, im about to shake my wobble on the wii too! I always do a 20 min walk and then loads of step, i love the step!!! Im off uni/work this week, so its lush having time on my hands to relax! Just had a lovely brekkie, best sausages ever, with roasted tomatoes and a poached egg. Mmm! Gonna try and have a bowl of pineapple now too, although might wait until after i have exercies. Ooh, i might have a nose at your diary if you dont mind, always good to get meal ideas!

Chelleb79, of course you can join us, welcome! Il add your name to the list, Have a great day xx

Louise - 5lbs
Capricorn - 4lbs
Corsacar - 5lbs - 4lbs off!!!
Freyasmommy - 3.5
Dudette - 5lbs
Chelleb79 - 5lbs

Good afternoon ladies!
Unfortunately it's work for me today :( just came on here to vent a little bit about how much I don't like my job!
Also to ask some advice/reassurance. I an going to lunch at Wetherspoons with my friend tomorrow. Now I KNOW wetherspoons is the food of the devil bit I also know the 3 bean chili is only 4 1/2 syns so I can have it but I feel terribly naughty and k just need to know that k really can have it? You know sometimes you just need to be told yes it is okay!
Hope you are all having a lovely day!
Xxx

Hi all

I'm working today and have been out of the office most of today without access to minimins! I really missed just nipping on.
Anyway, I'm having a better day than I thought I would as I knew being out and about would be harder than my planned meals and snacks at my desk. So far so good though. Having good old sausage and mash with onion gravy tonight so a nice low syn meal with my veggie sausages.
All this talk of the Wii is making me feel inspired. I'm going to sort out my Wii fit tonight and get the minutes clocked up. Have a feeling I need replacement Wii controller things but need to check. Will definitely do some exercise tonight though.
Feeling confident and positive today that this group is going to help me shed the pounds, so thanks everyone :)

Hi Ladies, nice to see everyone on here! Corsacar - 4.5 syns at wetherspoons is a bargain ha ha. You should not feel guilty/naghty at all hun, the beauty of sw is that you can also have a life, build it into your syns and youll be fine. But most of all, enjoy it. I went for pub lunch, similar to wetherspoons, and i had gammon steak, with jacket potatoe, side salad and it was lovely. And i counted it all as free. I checked that the gammon was grilled not fried etc, and i just had a blob of mayo instead of butter, so it was a few syns for that! Its the deserts that get me ha ha!!

Chelleb79 - well done on surviving the day, honestly, i used to work in an office and it is soooo hard sometimes. I worked with 5 men in an office and my gosh, they did not stop eating. It was torture, especially when i was strictly dieting, as in Cambridge/lighter life. You just get through brekkie and everyone then starts debating what theyre having for lunch! So i say good on you, it aint easy! I had to change the batteries in my wii last night, so now its all ready to go again, gonna go on a bit later, im aching from yesterday! xx

Hey losc! Thankyou hun, it's just very easy to worry about having a slow weight loss just because of one thing when really 4.5 syns is a lovely low syn meal as far as eating out goes!
How has your day gone?
I work in an office and I always make sure I have some fruit to snack o. Because eveyone else lives off biscuits and crisps all day!
How has everyone felt today?
Xxx

Evening all

Hope everyone is well -I don't know how you all cope with workmates etc :eek: Im really lucky as I have a hubby who will eat most things and really doesn't have a sweet tooth -and we don't have to keep snacks in the house :D-I know that as long as I don't buy it then Im fine ;)

I had to change my evening meal as hubby got home from work and we decided to go for a walk around the 9 hole golf course -so I couldn't leave jackets in the remoska THAT long (we were nipping into the supermarket on the way home) ...so I got a home made chilli out of the freezer before we left....
We have just eaten -hubbie had rice with his and Im had jacket potato zapped in the micro with mine nomnomnom..
Anyway it was all still "free" :D ...and the plus point is that I have done 1hr15mins walking -plus 55 mins on wii fit AND I have played quite a few games on there too that don't add onto the piggy thing :p

So I have definitely earnt a sit down now ;) -
Im still on just on 0.5syn for today and I need to eat an alpen bar to make up my healthy B... so no chance of needing any more syns today...
Have a great night all and thats another day closer ladies :D

Capricorn, you have really done well with your exercise today and your syns.

All my good intentions to exercise tonight have not gone to plan. I have a poorly baby who just wants to cuddle mummy as soon as I walk in the door, so getting her to bed and settled has taken a while, then turned my attention on dinner, got that in the oven and all I've managed in 10 mins on the exercise bike/cross trainer contraption. Because I knew I wouldn't have long, i did go at a super speed and came off with wobbly legs but I still feel like I'm lacking on the exercise front.

Its my day off tomorrow and so hopefully I'll get more chance to do something. The Wii remote is going on charge tonight and I've got a fitness DVD at the ready.

I'm sticking to the eating plan quite nicely now but I really need to start more regular exercise.

Morning everyone -hope we have all got up refreshed and full of positive thoughts again :D

Im a bit achey after yesterday exercise -I thinks its the shock to my muscles being brought out of retirement :p..... So today will be a slightly easier day, still going on the wii -just won't trek round the golf course too :D

Im trying another new meal tonight -SW Indian curry pork patties (0syns ),,,,, Im doing sauted potatoes n onions with them (1syn-as I use oil not spray) and then Im doing it with salad and a cooling cucumber and yogurt dip.... Hope its nice -I haven't had one of the SW recipes let us down yet :bliss:
Im struggling to use my syns (I know I should be glad as its preferable to needing more:p) .... I think because I like fruit so much -that is naturally what I will opt for in between meals.... and I don't want to get into eating for the sake of it -THATS what got me here in the first place :giggle:
Including today I have only used 13.5 syns in 4 days .. Im sure I will figure it out eventually..
Corsacar- hope you enjoy your lunch out today
hope everyone is having a good week :D

Afternoon Team Queen! What a morning, meant to be having some jabs for work today, but appt changed til June. Not gonna pretend im not glad! although i actually find it much worse injecting someone else than having one myself! Well, back to the diet!

I didnt even get chance to go on the wii last night.Naughty me. But i am gonna go on it today, i will make sure of that! Oh capricorn, i so wish i was like you, i tend to use my syns, i cant resist a curly wurly or pack of low fat crisps some days! But i do find that when i dont use my HEXB for breakfast, i use much less syns throughout the day. So as i have only just ate breakfast, ooops, had a bowl of strawbs, pineapple and grapes! And having Jacket Spud for lunch so My B is still available for supper! Wooo. Small pleasures! You must try the honey and soy pork fillet with spring onion and red pepper mash(out of the sw book) it is by far my fave recipe from my books! it is gorgeous. Let us know what the patties taste like, which book are they from.

So how is everyone feeling about targets? I am really hoping for 2.5lbs this week, and next week and will be chuffed if i get my 5lb target met! Fingers Crossed. Weigh day saturday! Keep me posted!

Go forward and shrink xx

Ooops, have a great lunch Corsacar! xx

losc- how strange...I have the honey n soy pork on my meal plan for next week :D
Have you tried the Lancashire hotpot out of that book? OMG it is divine and :drool: doesn't cover it :p -I halved the recipe as there is just the 2 of us -but it was still too much when you add steamed veg....
The Indian patties are in the "simply summer" book -Im hoping they are scrummy... Im really loving trying loads of new recipes.... It means I really look forward to my meals, which is probably why I don't feel the need to eat extras inbetween meals (well apart from fruit)

My weigh in is Sunday and its my * week so Im bloating, but I feel great and Know Im sticking to it -so if it doesn't show a loss this week it will eventually *ooohh hark at me being all optomistic* :8855: oh and I have still done 30mins of step/boxing/kung fu on the wii -I couldn't resist..

Awe thanks girlies! I'm just waiting for my friend to show up now so thought I'd post quicckly and then I can come back on later :)
just a question, these recipes sounds gorgeous but what book are they out of?
Hope you are all having a positive day, it seems so far so good :)
xxx

Hi, hope you have a lovely lunch out corsacar, the recipe for the pork is from the "extra easy cookbook". They really do help me out, some really nice recipes in there. I am gonna have to try the pork patties recipe, sounds lush! Stir fry and Sw egg fried rice for me tonight!
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Evening lovelies

OK -the indian curried pork patties were lovely :drool: -I halved the mix for just us 2 -BUT there was still too much -I managed half mine :eek: so I have a pattie and half the sauted potatoes left, which I will now have with lunch tomorrow -once I have stuck some fresh salad on..
They would be a good bbq item too.... next time Im doing the same 1/2 mix and making 6 patties and freezing 2 as hubby said there was too much for him too ;)
Losc -if you do them they want a lot more seasoning in than you think -I mixed mine and cooked a small piece in a dry frying pan to test it was ok -oohhhh and I sealed them in a dry frying pan and then baked in the oven on a rack -I think they would be too well done on the outside before they were cooked on the inside if done under a grill.......an breathe :eek:

Well I never got any more than the 0.5syn down me -and only managed to wedge my healthyB down about an hour ago... I don't know what has happened to me-but I hope it blinkin lasts :8855:
Oh and before I go -I have racked up 55mins on the wii today (so much for a lazy day) -I am addicted to the boxing -especially as I have just unlocked the 10mins advanced one :thankyouthankyou:...I love that, the step and kung fu -I have told hubby that when I get to a healthy weight I think Im going to try kick boxing -he is worried now :8855: -he is ok though because it will be a long time before that happens;)
Hope everyone is well and feeling positive...and again...thats another day closer folks :D

what do you have to do to join, i have lost 5 stone but have ten stone to go, would love to join?????????
Hi there -Consider yourself Joined :D....
Well done on the weight loss so far ...look forward to getting to know you .....and what has helped you shed so much ;)

Vening all and welcome slimline tonic!
Well my lunch at spoons was delicious, and I was shocked when I didn't eat it all! Only ate about 1/3 of the rice that is with the chili and I'm sure before I would have polished it off quite nicely!
I've been feeling pretty crappy and ill for a couple of days, haven't deviated from plan, the biggest issue is it's making me not want to eat anything...which I know can be just as bad as eating the wrong things!
I'm going to try and just think of golden oldies to have until class on Monday and then I will definitely purchase a book or two to kickstart my ideas! My lack of planning this week has been a major downfall as well!
However I am still writing down everything I eat which I find helpful! Do any of you guys do that?
How have your days been?
Xxx

Morning all

Glad you enjoyed your meal out Corscar... its amazing when you leave something on your plate isn't it :D ....it has always been an alien concept to me-but at last I seem to have got the idea that I DON'T have to leave a clean plate-same as I have realised that just because I have cookd it, doesn't mean I have to put it on the plates in the first place :p....although it is still a bit odd that Im halving the recipes and there is still often too much for us :confused:
Hope you are feeling better soon, I know what you mean about knowing that not eating enough is bad too -Im trying to get more syns down me but Im struggling as I don't want to be eating for the sake of it or eating when Im not hungry -*gawd thats what got me here in the first place*
I plan like a demon .. and I write down what Im having for the day on my SW online site and on my diary on here too -heck I have even started planning what main meals we are having for the following week too :eek: -I just list 7 meals and then pick which we want when -according to what wants using up first etc... I allready have next weeks meals decided :8855:I find it helps get plenty of variety in and helps to make sure Im not letting stuff go off and get wasted.

Well I think it might be a sedate one for me today -hubby is golfing all day so I might settle on the sofa with my cross-stitch ..not exactly energetic, but I will fit some wii in too..

So what does everyone else have planned for today then?
Hope everyone is still in good spirits and focussed ..have a great day everyone :D

Hi all

Didn't manage to get on yesterday, eventhough I was off work, but the reason is a good one...I was doing some exercise!!!
When my daughter went down for naps, instead of me chilling on the sofa and watching tv (or coming on here!) I got the Wii out! I bought a new game Just Dance. It is hilarious and loads of fun, so I think I'll be doing that again. I also went on a long walk to the supermarket, where I would have usually driven. So yesterday was a go active day.

I also find it hard using up my syns most days. This last week I have decided that I will try and make sure that I have a minimum of 5 syns. I have bought a few little treats which are a couple of syns each so I top up in the evening to make sure I get to 5. Mini chocolate twisters are my favourite at the minute and make a lovely quick dessert after dinner.
I'm feeling quite confident about the 2 week challenge. It was my * week last week which didn't help the WI so I'm hoping (everything crossed) that it will all catch up this week when I WI Monday.
I find it helps me a lot when I write it down, but I do through phases. At the moment I'm writing down odd days but I really should do it everyday.
I'm going to have a look over the weekend to try and get some SW cook books. I've not got any, so I've been using the old faithful recipes I know, but would love to try out some new ones. Got a couple of good ones from this site which have now become regular favourites. That is one of the real plus points about being on SW, I cook soooooo much more now.
Still feeling so positive about it all and I've even started to feel a difference. Whether its just my attitude or whether it is the weight I've lost, but I feel a lot more confident in my appearence and that is only going to get stronger.
Hope everyone is having a good day xx

:D Hi Girlies, How is everyone today. Oooh, arent we all getting good doing our exercises! i have also decided to start running up and down the stairs ten times each day! Cant hurt can it! :angeldevil:

I write everything down that i eat. I have a diary,and everything goes in there, the good the bad and the ugly! it helps to see what i have eaten when ive had a really good loss etc! Well today i have had a bit of a lazy day, Had loads of uni stuff to sort out, stressing me out the last 24 hours to be honest but im hoping it will be sorted soon. Gonna do a bif of housework and then throw myself around on the wii!

Sorry to hear youve been unwell corsacar, try and eat simple foods, that can be made quickly etc if your unwell, the last thing you will feel like doing is cooking, but do make sure you eat! Maybe make some soups or something, as they can be quite comforting and if you make a big batch, it will last for a few days. I have made a new discovery! Cadbury chocolate mousse light is only 3 syns i believe, so i shall be buying some next week! Not sure whats for tea tonight, thinking of doing turkey breasts stuffed with sage and onion stuffing and some roasties and veggies.

I am already getting nervous for weigh in saturday, i really hope i have lost something. :p Have a fab day ladies, and il check in later.

XXX

Ps. Slimline tonic, do you want to participate in our two week mini challenge? if so, just let us know what your aiming for and welcome!

Back