Rumbly Tums Diary - restart 2013 :)

why does this diet make you thirsty? Ive eaten less on a calorie controlled diet and not been as thirsty.

It's probably because the fat is water soluble so uses up a lot of the water intake to burn it. Dry mouth is a common side effect too. Plus we are not "retaining" water any more so have no "stores".

Thanks GG xx

Day 2 continued
Im having a mint shake for lunch - I like to make mine with 7 floz of water instead of 8 and enjoy it like a thick shake. Ive got a lovely iced bottled of water to wash it down with.
Just been on the phone to my AMAZING CDC and she is exchanging all my unwanted flavours for mint choc tomorrow and she is allowing me to have bars in my first week (because after my foody tea, i miss my choc treat) and she knows Im really driven by my goals.
I have updated my facebook page with a new picture of me today too (just my face) and people are commenting how good I look (but thats from the 8 weeks worth of gymming I did prior to this plan. I didn't lose weight but my face shape changed - its the only thing that did). That makes me feel good about myself today. Infact I think I smiled - a feeling I havent enjoyed for a while.
I havent told anyone but my mum and Hubby about this diet as I know from when I did it last that everyone made jibes and ill judged comments about it. So my facebook freinds have no idea im doing this neither. I dare not show my face on this forum as well, just in case one of my facebook buddies is a member here but I will show my face when Ive got to goal - im a tad shy and embarrassed about my weight gain as it is.
I can't believe how focused I am even though its only day two. Last time, on day one I was a different girl. This time I just keep saying "its medicine, it will make me feel better" over and over again.
God, what am I like?

ive just read all your posts on your diary, and i am honestly giggling here... you are so funny sometimes....

i would love to be able to have a nap during the day... (and im only 27!!) lol but work does not let me do this! lol i think i would get into trouble... Kids, go play i need to sleep! lol

how did you get on swapping your packs???
i like the choc mint one, but only hot... have you tried it hot??

thanks Kes. I don't think Id like it hot because normal hot chocolate makes me wanna spew as it is. But my CDC is coming tomorrow to exchange my bananas and butterscotch's for just choc mint. YAY!

oh thats good... it is wierd how we all like different things... i guess it all comes down to what you were given as a kid, that forms your likes and dislikes. :)

I honestly and truthfully ADORE the choc mint. Its like a super treat for me and more tastier than bloody water!
Im so psyched right now...honest to god, I feel I could run around the street in the nake! But that would be wrong and arrestable

lol maybe when you get to goal!! hehehehe

Ive been to the loo 45 thousand times today. Im at more risk of falling down the stairs from the constant trips than dying of starvation on this diet!

GREAT - it's working then!
Good luck xx:wave_cry:

Thanks for all your input everyone xx

Day 2 continued
Well for tea I had two small pieces of cod steak dry fried in cajun seasoning with dry fried mushrooms in cajun seasoning and a dollop of cottage cheese. I thoroughly enjoyed that with 500ml of water.

Before my tea, I had a bath as I was frozen and promptly fell asleep for two hours which I find helpful on this diet, especially in the early days. When I compare my plan to the last time I did CD, I found sleep helped a lot (when I could - child/dog/hubby permitting).

Im definitely in Ketosis which I know is quick after 2 days but I used to be the queen of carbs (hence the huge tummy) so it doesnt take long for ketosis to kick in, especially if you are following the diet 100%.

Im just glugging my 3rd shake now with my 5th bottle of 500mls of water taking my intake to 2.5 litres today (all ice cold - I can only stomach ice cold water, weirdly). Before I made the shake, I was absolutely ravenous even though I felt full after my little meal. I was hoping that I'd never get like this on my plan but im putting the rumblies down to changes that my body simply has to get used to.

I can't express enough how much I love the choc mint compared to all the other flavours. Its so rich and tasty - I think the mint slightly taints the chemically taste associated with these shakes and thats fine by me.

My daughter just asked me to get her some ice cream as she got a sore throat and I wasn't even tempted to lick the lid or spoon (poor love, sore throats she cannot handle very well - must explain that she is a special needs child. She is almost 15 and is the love of my life. She is only physically disabled and has a 2 -3 year development delay. ooooh, she really is such a sweetheart). Normally Id have my head in the ice cream tub, devouring as much as a brain freeze would allow!

Going to settle down to watch a dvd and then off to bed. Day three beckons and those packets of sawdust await with a vengeance tomorrow.

Hugs and loves x

I love your positive approach.. just what I need.. and I also love it how you call them packs of sawdust... very funny

lol Kes, - its TRUE! Its chemically enhanced sawdust that magics away the lard.

Day 3
Oh Chic mint shake? How I love thee. I couldnt wait to get out of bed and take in your silky smoothness with absolutely NO bitter after taste. I coupled you with a 500ml bottle of ice cold water and I feel that I could take on the world. Christ knows what im going to be like on day 33 let alone day 3 but I might as well as relish in the positivity whilst its still in abundance!

My AMAZING CDC came this morning to exchange my banana and butterscotch shakes for choc mint and I asked for 4 bars. Now, when I CD last time, those bars were the treatiest of treats EVER. Id either cut them in half to form a twin style twix bar and have one with my lunch shake and one after my mini fish dinner or I would chop them into miniscule cubes and save them for a spell of TV at night (after my mini fish dinner).

The plan today is that Ill have another yummy choc mint shake for lunch, then my fish dinner with a devilled egg and veggies and THEN........ dvd night with a tub of choppped chews that I will put in the freezer for an hour before hand (to make them extra chewy thus lasting longer) and chew on them slowly. I will savour every last bloody crumb, I will tell you that for nothing!

Romanticising on this eating plan sure helps - Im not sure who I am trying to convince... you or me??!!! But so far its all sooooooo good. At £40 week, it flaming well has to be and all!

by the way, my tummy has gone down A LOT. I don't look like Im about to give birth anymore but quite easily be mistaken for being 5 months pregnant, instead of 9.

by the way, my tummy has gone down A LOT. I don't look like Im about to give birth anymore but quite easily be mistaken for being 5 months pregnant, instead of 9.

Great! Mine too! I can now bend down to tie my shoelaces! And I have gone down 2 belt loop holes. :D

Day 3 continued
Went out to town this afternoon with my lovely girl and her freind. This involved a trip to Mcheart attacks. I was very good and had an ice cold water (it costs more than diet coke!). I was restrained and I REALLY did not feel deprived one bit.

Came home ravenous and wolfed down my choc mint - my beloved chocky minty lushy saw dust. Yum! Polished that off with more ice cold water (500ml).

Tea was a few crumbly pieces of chicken breast, 1 dollop of cottage cheese, 3 mushrooms and more water and tonight? OMG - TONIGHT is chewy chocky orange bar night, cut into a gazillion pieces. I cannot wait to savour every single morsel.

Tomorrow is my true test day. Im away for the day down in Bicester with a few friends. Ive packed two shakes and a bar and a 2ltr bottle of water. I have one of those cappucino wizzers in my handbag so I can mix my shakes on the go. Have you tried them? They are only 99p from Ikea and mix your drinks a flaming treat. You just have to mix your shakes into a paste first then slowly add more water as you wizz it up to a delicious froth.

Im determined to get through tomorrow as I know there will be treats on the tables, cupcakes and sammiches. Instead I shall tell myself that this food is the anti-christ and that I will die if even one crumb comes near my mouth. Thats going to take some bloody will power, I tell you xx

Hugs and loves x

Great! Mine too! I can now bend down to tie my shoelaces! And I have gone down 2 belt loop holes. :D

I cannot wait to get to that level - good for you! The day I can bend over without passing out will be a good day indeed x

i live near Bicester!!!!!!
are you shopping etc at the outlet shops???

good luck tomorrow!!!

great idea about the bars in the freezer... that sounds like a fab idea!!

I haven't weighed myself but will tell you that my bra is quite loose on me and my yoga pants don't nip!!!! Hooray!

Back