Rumbly Tums Diary - restart 2013 :)

Hoorah to the bra being smaller - always a good sign, I remember buying my first new set of brazzies, I made sure they were sexy as hell (if not a little chavvy, leopard print, the works ;)) instead of my big grandma hammocks!

Have a brill Sunday. xxx

You make my want to die laughing - Grandma hammocks? Im a hideous 40E - you know the kind of bras....straps as wide as the M6, cups that just about fit on my head. Quite the passion killer !

you make me giggle so much.... my hubby is constantly asking my what im laughing at!!!

He heeeee, Kes...... if only each time we laughed that it would burn off a lb or two

well you never know it could do.. if not it will tone our tummy muscles. as when i have a good laugh my muscles bloody hurt!

My head hurts today. I thought I had avoided headaches but I got a stinking one tonight :(

Day 4
I hated today.

I was not at home all day as I went to an event with some pals. I took 2 shakes and a bar including my 99p ikea latte wizzer machine (ingenious and discreet!). I did not tell my freinds im doing CD as some of my freinds slam this diet, don't they? But one of my friends noticed I had lost weight in my face. I told her I was doing a high protein diet as its better than saying low carb as that also raises eyebrows.

Im not ashamed to be on this diet at all but its not worth other people shoving their opinions down your throat.

Anyway, we woke up dead early to travel. This meant starting my plan at 0630 (instead of 9.30) as we were going to be on the road for 2.5 hours. I knew that I'd get hungry today as I was starting my plan realy early and I'd have to stretch my meals out throughout the day to even it all out. I had to drink loads of water (as always) which meant lots of service station stops!

We arrived at the event which I knew would be laden with teas, coffees, cream cakes, danish pastries, scones and biscuits. I spied them immediately but didn't feel deprived that I forced myself not to have any. Ive also ruled out tea and coffee on this plan, I just don't need the toxins. I just kept my bottle of water handy to keep me replenished.

At lunch time my freinds nipped to the shops to buy sammiches. I just decided to discreetly pick at my bar and chew it slowly. I glugged water throughout lunch and day to keep my tummy feeling full. I didnt feel sad that they had lots fruits, snacks, crisps, sodas and bauguettes. I felt pretty good about myself for that.

We set off later than anticipated to get back home. I was literally chewing the steering wheel as I was so hungy. I stopped at an M&S service station where I picked up a pack of 200g of chicken breast and ate the whole lot in an orderly fashion even though I was starving. I realy could have wolfed it down but I believe in savouring everything on this diet otherwise Id only reach out for something hideously WRONG afterwards - like biccies and bread.

I got home and couldnt wait for my final shake and a lovely iced water. I settles down to watch x factor etc but then i started with a nasty headache. I dont know why cos Ive drank lots of water today and evenly, too.

With it being a day away from home and my normal routine I REALLY HATED IT. I can see why people might give up on this diet, especially shift workers. I truly empathise with them. Being in your routine and comfort zone offers familiarity and no temptations. Sigh, I hope I don't have "an away day" again soon.

Tomorrow I am going to enjoy being back in my routine but whats aggrivating me a little is that my first WI is on day 6 (tues) and not day 7. I haven't stepped on our scales at home as I want to be pleasantly suprised when I do get weighed by my CDC however, Id love it to be a jaw dropping loss as Ive been 100% on this diet and drank 2.5 - 3 ltrs of water without fail.....Ive even stuck to level 2 perfectly.

im sure you will have jaw dropping faces when you get on those scales...
i weigh in at the cdc on a tuesday too..so we will be able to report what they have both said...

maybe the stress of being out has sub conciously made you tense in your shoulders and back (therfore giving you a headache! ) i get this more often than not, and a nice relaxing massage (either from a pro or from a member of your family... (kids do the best ones sometimes!!) might be just what you need...
i know exactly what you mean abut being out of routine. at home im fine i can do this without any problems... at work.. im ok if i am not rushed about from here and there.. but if things get throw out of wack or i get something different happen im like EEEKKKKK

I agree with Kes... sounds like you carry your tension in your shoulders and upper back which is a common trigger for headaches. If you can't get a massage a heat pack can help unknot the muscles. The worst thing about such headaches is the more in pain you are the more tense you get resulting in more pain so painkillers can be great at breaking this cycle.

You coped really well though so use that to boost your confidence if you have another "away" day... you don't really want to be hiding at home for the next 3+ months.

Gg :)

how are you feeling now????

Hi kes, headache has gone but last night and now I gave very flushed cheeks. Don't know why.
How are you, my friend?

i am good... although the end of the bread (the crust) jumped into my mouth at lunchtime... lol.. woops...

maybe you are coming down with something... i dont know what causes flushed cheeks.... (im no mediacal!)

i am good... although the end of the bread (the crust) jumped into my mouth at lunchtime... lol.. woops...

That dang bread that comes with springs!! Nightmare ;)

i know and it even had a bit (now imagine what wallas and gromit have) that spread a small amount of butter on it too.... just purely annoying!

i had flushed cheeks on atkins....maybe its a carb deficiency thing or a ketosis thing

It's all that fat burning :D

if only we could really feel that fat nurning - id turn the heat up to a furnace temperature!

Day 5
Daughter ill and off school so both had a lie in. We woke up at 1.30pm and immediatley made my shake and grabbed my 500ml of water. She woke up at 2pm and starving so I made her a hot meal and wasn't even tempted t nick any even though I would normally find it hard to have a mouthful. I watched her eat and didnt feel deprived.

I can honestly say that I have not looked at any food this week and feel weak. Its taking a lot of will power but I think Ive taken inspiration from my freind who lots 4 stone on lighter life and am taking her stance on it. She inspired me so much and after a year she has kept it off and looks fabulous.

I want to look fabulous for my fortieth instead of hiding in big sweatshirts and yoga pants. I want to be the centre of attention (im nt a centre of attention girl, at heart) but on that day I want to shine. I want to wear a DRESS. I havent worn a dress for YEARS, well not one that fits where it touches! My dresses have been maxi style and unflattering, really.

I haven't got graphs or pictures in the house because Ive tried that before only to have family see them and look at me and think "she wont do it, she always gives up". Well, I want to show them, if not shock them and prove that will power and determination can work. Ive never felt so smug on a diet before on day 5....rtruly. Normally Im licking counter tops or dreaming about the food I am missing out on. But no, my head is truly ruling my heart this time.

I think what is working is telling myself that I wont waste £40 over a bit of food that will ruin a good result. I can't afford to waste £40 for a weigh in that shows a gain. That £40 could have been spent on my girl or in savings. Our household finances cannot afford to waste £40 on nothing so to me, its an investment. That investment in happiness and health.

awww you brought a few tears to my eyes...
you are such an inspiration... to all of us... you are so positive, and so up beat... although you have things that throw difficult things at you (like the day out yesterday, and also you lil one being ill) you dont let it get you down..
well done, i hope that the scales show a mahooosive loss tomorrow.. cant wait to see your results!

Great post Rumbly.
It sounds as though you are really "in the zone" good for you.
I also started off quietly at home without pics or anything. It was only when I was sure the weight was coming off ans started to show, after about 2 stone, that I told anyone apart from my OH.
Stick with it, you'll be there n a few months and your daughter will be so proud of you.

Wow Slenda.. you look fantastic!!

Back