Ruth's Journey To A Healthier Tummy- Experiments!

Very intresting :)

I'm lookin to do a low to moderate carbs plan. Then will use my up days for competiton training :)

Thinking under 50g would be doable, then 100g moderate carbs days

I'm finding your thread facinating and Yummy sounding :)

Xxx

Thank You!

Yes that sounds sensible! Good Luck!!!!

I have never watched my carb intake before so it should be interesting...

Ruth
x

Watching my carbs is for me the single most important factor.

Like Rebekah I try and keep carbs below 50g on DDs and below 100g on UDs. DDs so far have been 25-40 and UDs 60-80g. I also do my running and strength training on UDs, with just a walk or a bit of swimming on DDs.

Breads my downfall. I don't eat pasta or rice, cakes or biscuits etc, But I NEED my bread so I limit myself to max 1 slice of wholemeal multiseed a day.

I don't really eat any- except if I go into town for my lunch and buy from M&S! I thought it would be good to keep my eye on it though!

I do like potatoes! I do boiled and homemade chips but thats it! I had a bad experience with pasta last week so won't be going there again!

Ruth
x

Hi Ruth I am aiming for something similar , not bothering about the carbs but I want to find my maintenence cals for my tues thurs UP days, I will leave my DD s unchanged and so too my weekends as I love having the weekend off but I know I eat too much on my UPs so starting tomorrow I am going to limit myself to 1500 and see where I go from there, hopefully I should have a sts, then theoretically lose following my DD fri but of course this is all theory but thats part of the excitement. Ideally I would like my plan to be M,W,F DD Tues and Thurs as maintainence level whatever that turns out to be then UP S at the weekend. In theory I should lose at least a 1lb a week without worrying about a STS but unless I try it out I will never know. Really hope you see a good loss tomorrow as that will back up my plan and of course be brilliant for you xx

Im hoping it works too! I think it will be a lot better as I am not doing myself any favours by having an M&S lunch 1-2 times a week and it will save me money too!! I am still going to enjoy myself as thats what its about I am just trying to instill good habits into myself before I eat my body weight in M&S lunches ;)

I think its good that im starting to experiment now too as Im getting to that point of 13.3 where I get stuck so its good to mix things up a bit to prevent everyone getting in a rut!!

Ruth
x

I have looked through my diaries and I can't see a point in reducing or watching my carbs as I barely eat carbs normally! Everything in moderation is great too!- I am going to make healthier choices like cutting down on M&S lunches to both save money and have a healthier palette but I am still sticking with my ID days- I think that it will be less of a sudden change for my body to adjust to- I still get a pang of stomach discomfort when I go from an UP to a DD and I didn't have any this morning- and I have it nearly everyday :)

Then when my body adjusts back to the change and I don't get any stomach discomfort at all I will head back slowly to full UPs, increasing my calories a bit everytime :)

Definitely sticking with that!!

Ruth
x

Trefoil said:
I have looked through my diaries and I can't see a point in reducing or watching my carbs as I barely eat carbs normally! Everything in moderation is great too!- I am going to make healthier choices like cutting down on M&S lunches to both save money and have a healthier palette but I am still sticking with my ID days- I think that it will be less of a sudden change for my body to adjust to- I still get a pang of stomach discomfort when I go from an UP to a DD and I didn't have any this morning- and I have it nearly everyday :)

Then when my body adjusts back to the change and I don't get any stomach discomfort at all I will head back slowly to full UPs, increasing my calories a bit everytime :)

Definitely sticking with that!!

Ruth
x

According to the book you don't have to eat all your Up -- you eat as needed. You do not want to go without having sufficient nourishment for more than a day or o to avoid solo g your metabolism -- but you don't want to eat two days worth of calories on an Up Day.

Last edited:
According to the book you don't have to et all your Up -- you eat as needed. You do not want to go without having sufficient nourishment for more than a day or o to avoid solo g your metabolism -- but you don't want to eat two days worth of calories on an Up Day.

Aaah right ok! Thanks Mel- Im struggling to get my book to open on my KOBO app!! Thank you so much! I will just eat what is needed in the future then and not force myself to eat :D

Hope you're ok!!

Ruth
x

Trefoil said:
Aaah right ok! Thanks Mel- Im struggling to get my book to open on my KOBO app!! Thank you so much! I will just eat what is needed in the future then and not force myself to eat :D

Hope you're ok!!

Ruth
x

Just had some roasted lightly salted edame. Yum!

Your totally right, the freedom to have what you want in moderation sounds lovely

I shall see what works come September! I got stuck at 13,3 and 12,3 frustrating!! It will shed off hun Xx

Kobo is **** and so is their so called customer service. Download a free app called media console overdrive. Then go to your Kobo library and press on the thing on the right of the book which asks if you want to open as a PDF or something similar. Your book will open. Took me 3 days to figure that out so glad I can pass the wisdom on cos tbh the book didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, which was disappointing given the trouble I'd gone to to read the thing.

RebekahR said:
Your totally right, the freedom to have what you want in moderation sounds lovely

I shall see what works come September! I got stuck at 13,3 and 12,3 frustrating!! It will shed off hun Xx

That's what I love about this plan!!! Thanks for the support :) I just have to persevere with it and not give up!! Hope you're ok!!

Ruth
X

Rhyannasmum said:
Kobo is **** and so is their so called customer service. Download a free app called media console overdrive. Then go to your Kobo library and press on the thing on the right of the book which asks if you want to open as a PDF or something similar. Your book will open. Took me 3 days to figure that out so glad I can pass the wisdom on cos tbh the book didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, which was disappointing given the trouble I'd gone to to read the thing.

:( yep I just found out how bad they are! Thanks for the tip I really appreciate it! I was on hold for 30 mins to their customer service before my 'call failed' or they probably hung up!!!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

3lbs gone today!!! 13,3!!! I can't describe how pleased I am!!

This is the weight I get stuck at so I must not lose focus and stay there *tells self strictly!!*

I have loved this week! I am so chuffed :)

Thanks for all of the support and help :)

Ruth
X

What a fab week you're having. Well done!

Trefoil said:
3lbs gone today!!! 13,3!!! I can't describe how pleased I am!!

This is the weight I get stuck at so I must not lose focus and stay there *tells self strictly!!*

I have loved this week! I am so chuffed :)

Thanks for all of the support and help :)

Ruth
X

Morning Ruth,

Whoop! Big loss!!! I think you are this week's JUDDD BIggest Loser.

You meant to write, "This is the weight I USED to get stuck at!"

Or with better grammar, "This is the weight at which I used to become stuck.". (Not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition -- you didn't I did. ;)

oasis6918 said:
That's fab! Well done! x

Thanks so much :)

Rhyannasmum said:
What a fab week you're having. Well done!

Thank You :D

Loopeylou said:
Wow that's incredible, well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank You!!!

MinnieMel said:
Morning Ruth,

Whoop! Big loss!!! I think you are this week's JUDDD BIggest Loser.

You meant to write, "This is the weight I USED to get stuck at!"

Or with better grammar, "This is the weight at which I used to become stuck.". (Not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition -- you didn't I did. ;)

Thanks! I will definitely use that :) hee hee!!

Biggest loser wooo!!!

loulabelle81 said:
Well done you!!! Large pat on the back. X

Thanks so much :)

roosnanny said:
well done. :D

Thank You!!!

I really appreciate all of the comments :) thank you!

Ruth
X

Back