slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

just want to ask for those of you who was very overweight when they started slimming world how did you plan your losses? did you give yourself a big target or aim a bit by bit or see how you got or getting on,
myself when started 2 mths ago was 22st 13lb:rolleyes::sigh: and i know i got long way to go so far doing okay lost 18.5 lb in 2 mths
and aiming get my club 10 then thinking to aim 2 stone at a time ?

It was very much hope for the best. I had absolutely no idea how much weight you should lose a week, i had no idea how long it would take. I didnt even know how much i weighed. I knew it was a lot. When i did my very first weigh in, she asked me what my target weight was, i had no idea. I was just staring at the 21st9 thinking wow.

I stood off the scales though and was quite philosophical. I said to my friends who i had dragged along that i would never see that number ever again.

Each week i have had what seems incredible sustained losses. I keep wondering if it is all a fraud though, have i just somehow lost water and it will all come back! I adjusted to the mini targets quite well, either half stones or round numbers in terms of pounds or bmi numbers.

I seem to be losing weight on average three to three and a half pounds a week, which looking from the outside is a huge amount of fat to be losing, but still somehow it feels slow.

I have a great little spreadsheet that someone put together for weightwatchers:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/130342-excel-spreadsheet-weightloss.html

It gives you a date for, if you continued to lose, how soon you could reach your target weight. I went for the weight that would have me no longer classed as obese (210lbs), the spreadsheet says i should hit that on September the 4th.

September 4th is like nothing! A few months away from being a totally different person. I havent been not fat since i was eleven years old, but here it is, a couple of months, eight weeks (to me that's just one Full Council meeting cycle) and i can hit it.

It took me twenty five years to get this fat, a few months to undo all that damage. I love Slimming World!

Ok so had my weigh in on Saturday and lost 2.5lb but over a 2 week period which i was really dissapointed about to be honest, i am now 1/2 a pound off of my 4 stone award which is typical lol.

I then went on to have a blowout over the weekend, i normally have a treat on weigh in day but with my current emotional state it got a little out of hand this weekend so now i have put a lot of pressure on myself for the week ahead :(

But anyway im here to say that as of this morning i am back on plan 100% and i have 5 days to undo the damage i have done in the last 2 days.

I just wish this crappy company i am working for would get these redundancies over and done with as its just getting us all down sitting in here while they do their bullshit coonsulation period!

Hi,
Weighed In tonight a big minus 5lb :) :) :) :) :)!!!

Total Loss: 51lb or 3st 9lb....

Ally, I have just started my weight loss diary on here called 'Big G to Little G' only on day 2 but have a search & something I do in there future may help.

For everyone that's struggling, if you are having difficulty try to Plan everything. I plan all meals & snacks so I only buy the food I need.

There is a saying:

PERFECT PREPARATION PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE!!

Prepare & Plan guys....

Good Luck

Gavin

We had a stand in consultant last week & there were only a few of us who stayed to class. I STS so was a bit disappointed but at least it wasn't a gain. At the bit when she went round the class she mentioned I'd lost 11.5 lbs in 11 weeks (two of which i was on an all inclusive holiday) but seemed to want me to set a written down target & also a target loss for this week! Even though she said I was clearly doing it ok I felt as if it wasn't enough. I declined both as I'm just not putting extra pressure on myself in front of others.

In my own mind I want to get another 4 stone off but , like others, I have set my mini targets at half a stone at a time. For me it seems to be a stone a dress size. Think I need to do more exercise to try & change my body shape though!

Good luck to you all on you mini/ full targets. :)

Pompey77Gav said:
Hi,

Ally, I have just started my weight loss diary on here called 'Big G to Little G' only on day 2 but have a search & something I do in there future may help.

For everyone that's struggling, if you are having difficulty try to Plan everything. I plan all meals & snacks so I only buy the food I need.

There is a saying:

Prepare & Plan guys....

Good Luck

Gavin

Well done. Brilliant loss this week & fantastic overall loss to date.

Good advice. Think that's what I'll do for the rest of the week. I've done my shopping but have bought fresh meat etc. just need to get more super- free veg.

Lovely thread. My first goal, was to lose 2 stone and I managed that quite quickly. After that i've had lots, like to lose 3 stone, 50lbs, be under 20 st for Christmas ( I managed by the skin of my teeth 19:13.5). My next goal is to lose 100lbs and I have 6lbs left to go.After that I want to have lost 8 stone by the end of the school hols, 9st by Halloween and the magic 10 stone off by Christmas. I dont know where I want to be weight wise as i've never been there yet. Started at 24 stones and just keep on trucking til I feel the right size.

Strange thing Ihave found is the numbers each week, a week where I think i'll lose big, it might be a pound and a week I deserve less I may do 4lbs off so I always take a whole months weightloss into account not just the current week as I can find that demotivating.

At first my target was just to see ANY loss each week, then when I got rolling it was the usual club 10. I think club 10 is a great target because when I reached it I really did feel in a lot better health.

Since that I'm taking it a stone at a time. I do have a goal in mind but like many have said it's too much to think about all in one go. I do also set myself other mini targets by date that I aim for to help me keep focused.

For me it was about each new 1/2st award and about not giving up no matter how hard it got. I'm 18 months in and 7st 10lb lighter. I'm struggling to shift my last stone now but I'm not giving up and I will get there even if it takes me 6months.

Going to group and staying to group was a real motivator for me.

ILoveCake said:
For me it was about each new 1/2st award and about not giving up no matter how hard it got. I'm 18 months in and 7st 10lb lighter. I'm struggling to shift my last stone now but I'm not giving up and I will get there even if it takes me 6months.

What a fabulous weight loss & commitment. I'm a slow loser so I know it will take me a long time but when I'm feeling low (which has only happened this week) I love coming on here & read post that will inspire me to carry on.

With your motivation you will def get that last stone off. Good luck. X

i only lost 1lb this week been slow last 2 wks going back to food diary this week see if im slipping somwere and not keeping record not helping

Hi,

There is a saying:

Prepare & Plan guys....

Good Luck

Gavin

well done 5 lb is great

wow almost 8 stone lighter in 18mths i think thats fab well done you

3lb off for me this week, so very happy with that, its great to see the number on the scales going down each week. i have found that filling in my food diary everyday is definitely helping keep me 100% on plan. have lost 19lb so far and a lot of people have been noticing a difference already :)

What is club 10? I'm not going to any classes, going solo at home so just wondered.

Reading this thread is very inspirational! I will do it :)

3lb off for me this week, so very happy with that, its great to see the number on the scales going down each week. i have found that filling in my food diary everyday is definitely helping keep me 100% on plan. have lost 19lb so far and a lot of people have been noticing a difference already :)

well done

Back