slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Having a Target of Losing 12st i wanted to break it in to 3 Stone Groupings..i started of at 23st 10lbs and have lost 3st 5.5lbs..havent been to class for 4 weeks throught having emergency surgery but stuck to plan throughout..will be looking forward to getting a surprise when i return next week :D

My "Mini Targets" are

- to lose 1st 8lbs and collect my 10% body weight loss award by 25th September 2012

- to lose a further 1st and complete the Couch To 5K Programme by 25th December 2012

- to reach a BMI of below 30 by 3rd March 2013

- to get to Goal Weight, meaning my total weight loss will be 3st 8lbs or more by 24th June 2013

- to reach a 'healthy BMI' by 25th December, making me the lightest I've been in 7 years

This is my 5th day on Slimming World and I can tell this time is different.
I want to lose the weight steadily and I feel my mini targets are challenging yet realistic rather than setting myself up for disappointment and upset. I know I can lose weight and I finally want to do it badly enough

My "Mini Targets" are

- to lose 1st 8lbs and collect my 10% body weight loss award by 25th September 2012

- to lose a further 1st and complete the Couch To 5K Programme by 25th December 2012

- to reach a BMI of below 30 by 3rd March 2013

- to get to Goal Weight, meaning my total weight loss will be 3st 8lbs or more by 24th June 2013

- to reach a 'healthy BMI' by 25th December, making me the lightest I've been in 7 years

This is my 5th day on Slimming World and I can tell this time is different.
I want to lose the weight steadily and I feel my mini targets are challenging yet realistic rather than setting myself up for disappointment and upset. I know I can lose weight and I finally want to do it badly enough

I'm a C25K graduate :) I did it in the nine weeks of the programme as well .... Just dont go too fast ! I loved it and decided to try and up my speed, ended up hurting my back have had to take a few weeks off. :(

I already have a back problem that I've been suffering from since having 'spontaneous childbirth' 12 months ago. I'm waiting on having an MRI scan to diagnose the cause but my GP thinks I have a spinal injury, I'm going to commence the 9 weeks programme after I've found out to be on the safe side. I'm quite nervous about it because I've tried running on a treadmill - around 3 years ago when I was 2st lighter and I felt like I was going to fall over. I couldn't get passed the feeling of not actually moving anywhere

How did you find the program?
Did you have prior experience of running?

Running on a treadmill is so weird. I can do it now but it took me a lot of very fast walking holding on & a lot of encouragement from a member of staff at my gym to do it.

Being able to run at all is something I never thought I could or would do.

Just worked out that when I reach target I will have lost 43.5% of my starting weight! If I'd looked at it that way in the 1st place it would have seemed far too daunting. 36% gone so far which I find staggering.

mrsthunderbolt said:
Running on a treadmill is so weird. I can do it now but it took me a lot of very fast walking holding on & a lot of encouragement from a member of staff at my gym to do it.

Being able to run at all is something I never thought I could or would do.

Well done!

I am going to start the programme outside in open air and hopefully I'll find that easier

mrsthunderbolt said:
Just worked out that when I reach target I will have lost 43.5% of my starting weight! If I'd looked at it that way in the 1st place it would have seemed far too daunting. 36% gone so far which I find staggering.

Youve done so well, I have 33% to lose, I'm positive with the help of the lovely people on Minimims I'm going to do it this time. I've never been so strict with myself before. How long have you been on SW? Did you always use this site from the start?

I already have a back problem that I've been suffering from since having 'spontaneous childbirth' 12 months ago. I'm waiting on having an MRI scan to diagnose the cause but my GP thinks I have a spinal injury, I'm going to commence the 9 weeks programme after I've found out to be on the safe side. I'm quite nervous about it because I've tried running on a treadmill - around 3 years ago when I was 2st lighter and I felt like I was going to fall over. I couldn't get passed the feeling of not actually moving anywhere

How did you find the program?
Did you have prior experience of running?

'spontaneous childbirth' I'm almost too frightened to enter that into google, in case of what it might tell me. In terms of the programme, I loved it. I can't praise it enough. I had never done any running or organised exercise. Each week pushes you, but it never pushes you beyond. The progression rate is just right.

I can run for 30 minutes straight, no stopping, no deviation etc. My back only became an issue because I started to ramp the speed up. I finished the programme at a very pedestrian 7kmph. I restarted it running at 13.5kph intervals. By week 4 second time round I could do the 30 minutes at 8.5kph.

I started my first week 1 at 304lbs...., I finished week 9 at about 255lbs. I shouldn't have started to sprint until I was no more than 210lbs.

I hope to be back on the treadmill in a fortnight. I am currently (unofficial pre weigh in) 241lbs.

The positive impact of the programme on your health is staggering. You will feel physical improvements in your body after only a couple of weeks. Your breathing and heart rate are the first to improve, it will take you aback just how quickly you go from not being able to run a minute at a time, to doing three, than five, than ten, than twenty and finally thirty minutes.

Have decided that after recieving my redundancy letter yesterday i am dropping out of group until i find another job, so will be continueing to follow the plan but will be publishing my losses / gains on here.

So week 18 loss of 1.5lb taking me to a total loss now of 4st 1lb!

gazter said:
'spontaneous childbirth' I'm almost too frightened to enter that into google, in case of what it might tell me. In terms of the programme, I loved it. I can't praise it enough. I had never done any running or organised exercise. Each week pushes you, but it never pushes you beyond. The progression rate is just right.

I can run for 30 minutes straight, no stopping, no deviation etc. My back only became an issue because I started to ramp the speed up. I finished the programme at a very pedestrian 7kmph. I restarted it running at 13.5kph intervals. By week 4 second time round I could do the 30 minutes at 8.5kph.

I started my first week 1 at 304lbs...., I finished week 9 at about 255lbs. I shouldn't have started to sprint until I was no more than 210lbs.

I hope to be back on the treadmill in a fortnight. I am currently (unofficial pre weigh in) 241lbs.

The positive impact of the programme on your health is staggering. You will feel physical improvements in your body after only a couple of weeks. Your breathing and heart rate are the first to improve, it will take you aback just how quickly you go from not being able to run a minute at a time, to doing three, than five, than ten, than twenty and finally thirty minutes.

It's not that frightening, in my case I dilated from 0cm to 10cm without anybody knowing and was ready to push, I had my daughter within 26 minutes.
It sounds like you have mastered the programme, I definitely want to be able to do that. I will be investing in some running trainers
Thank you for your help

It's not that frightening, in my case I dilated from 0cm to 10cm without anybody knowing and was ready to push, I had my daughter within 26 minutes.
It sounds like you have mastered the programme, I definitely want to be able to do that. I will be investing in some running trainers
Thank you for your help

Before you buy your trainers get your 'gait' measured. Some running shops have treadmills setup with a camera they can analyse your running style and recommend the best kind of trainers.

Hi guys. I've also a lot to lose. My end target is to be a dress size 12. Not sure what weight that is. I'm only 5ft but starting weight is 18st 9lbs and am roughly size 24 / 26. Have been in slimming world before but once I had a gain I gave up and beat myself up more by comfort eating.

I have a lot to lose and after reading this I think mini-goals is the way to do it. So first goal is my half stone award which I want by the end of July.

I have Tuesday weigh ins so my 1st weigh in is the 10th July.

So many inspirational people on here I hope I can depend on the support to get me through if I do have a gain.

Youve done so well, I have 33% to lose, I'm positive with the help of the lovely people on Minimims I'm going to do it this time. I've never been so strict with myself before. How long have you been on SW? Did you always use this site from the start?

It's took me 58 weeks so far. I've been on Minimins more or less since the start, the support on here really helps.

It's took me 58 weeks so far. I've been on Minimins more or less since the start, the support on here really helps.

That's just short of two pounds a week of weight loss on average, just short of eight stone. An incredible success story. I feel good at four down, how amazing to be eight down?

Did you find you had to change things around here and there to keep it sustained? I just have this fear that at some point the loses are going to come to a complete stop, despite me doing everything right!

That's just short of two pounds a week of weight loss on average, just short of eight stone. An incredible success story. I feel good at four down, how amazing to be eight down?

Did you find you had to change things around here and there to keep it sustained? I just have this fear that at some point the loses are going to come to a complete stop, despite me doing everything right!

I find now that I don't get away with so much as I did when I was hugely overweight, I've had holidays, nights out etc & still lost but now it's much harder.

I lost 7lbs the other week (my biggest loss to date) just by upping my superfree & cutting back a wee bit on portion sizes. I did end up gaining 1lb the following week although I've no idea why & this sent me on a downward spiral where I gained 4lbs in 1 week! I'm now back on track & fully focused, I've lost 2lbs this week & 3 the week before.

mrsthunderbolt said:

That's brilliant!

I often don't comment on posts but I find reading them is inspiring, its took away any doubt that I can't do it. I'm nervous for my first weigh in, I'm not sure if I shod wait until my official weigh on Monday at group or whether to weigh tomorrow morning as I started SW at home on Sunday last week

1st week and I lost 9lbs, so so so happy! ive found this site really great for support and advice. The recipes are great as well. Here's to another great week!!!!

Nadine84 said:
1st week and I lost 9lbs, so so so happy! ive found this site really great for support and advice. The recipes are great as well. Here's to another great week!!!!

That's brilliant Nadine! Well done =]

I weighed yesterday at group and in 8 days I lost 7.5lbs, I can't wait for next week already

Well done for all of the fab losses!

I was really worried about tonights weigh-in but lost 3lbs. Though I felt like I ate loads of cake I clawed it back with all the super free I had. Back on track properly this week!

Back