Starting all over again... SW

Thank you! It is the boost I needed. Determined to get under the 11 stone mark by this time next week :)

Thursday 2nd May
Beans & Tomatoes
Lunch: Leftover Spag Bolognese
Tea Noodles, Lean Bacon, Tomato
Supper: W/meal toast with laughing cow
No syns today!

Looking after my poorly boy today so haven't been quite so focused.

Breakfast: Banana, Beans
Lunch: Veggie Frittata (Pasta, Eggs, Veggies, Herbs, Milk & Cheese) so Syn free and HEa at least.
Afternoon: Orange, Apple
Tea: Noodles (rubbish but easy, still full from Frittata & fruit!)
Will be having wine tonight but not too much in case the little lamb is restless overnight

Have had a pretty rough weekend. Poorly husband, poorly little one. Haven't been keeping track at all. But I didn't overdo the alcohol and stuck mainly to simple foods, salads, meats, potatoes, cheeses,, olives, ciabatta. An array of mediterranean platters if you like, to keep the boys interested as it was so warm and that is their favourite food to eat.
So as all is mostly back to normal I did a weigh in this morning, fearing the worst, to find that I still weigh the same as before the weekend, so I am very pleased!
Here's to a good few days ahead!

Tuesday 7th May
Breakfast: Beans & Tomatoes, Beetroot. (Odd concoction I know but just fancied a bit of beet!)
Lunch: Noodles & leftover veggies (leeks, carrots, green beans)
Afternoon: Banana, Apple, Orange
Tea: Wholewheat Pasta with egg, sweetcorn, red peppers, eaten cold with tbsp Kraft fat free vinaigrette
Supper: 2 sml wholemeal toast with laughing cow light
Diet Coke with 35ml shot of vodka

Good day!

Last edited:
Really pleased to weigh myself this morning and find I am dead on 11 stone (with light clothing). A very good start to the day. I just wish the Wii wouldn't moan at you if you don't weigh in every day, it goes against the principle of most diets that you shouldn't over obsess with weigh-ins and that once a week is standard.

Anyway.
Fruit breakfast, Banana & Orange, will need something mid morning though!
Lunch/afternoon: Mug Shot, orange, banana, apple
Tea: Roast pork (a bit fatty, probably will avoid in future) with homemade savoury rice
Supper: W/meal toast & Laughing Cow Light HEa&b

Last edited:
Thursday 9th May
Breakfast: Mushroom 2-egg Omelette (no fat)
Lunch: Noodles, Orange, Apple, Banana, Plum
Tea: Remainder of homemade savoury rice with some sweet chilli sauce. (synned)
Supper: w/meal bread & laughing cow light
Small vodka & diet coke, 1 packet Mccoys (grrrr)
Too many syns for my liking today and went on silly things. Will make up for it on Friday (Mushy Pea curry without any pickles sounds in order! SW Chips maybe instead to satisfy my carb cravings)

Friday 10th
Breakfast
Egg & Beans, no oil
Lunch
Noodles, Banana, Plum, Orange
Tea
Mushy Pea Curry

My son has got chicken pox and I have got tonsillitis, not a good week. Will be interesting to see the disastrous results when I am over this, have been living on soup and tinned peaches and ice cream :-(

Sunday 19th May
Not too bad. Weighed in at 11st 1lb this morning. Still struggling with my throat but started the day off well with chopped banana and pear smothered in a strawberry mullerlite. Easy on the throat to eat and quite filling.

All back to normal this week, little son back to nursery, big son back at college/work, hubby back at work. Looking forward to a healthy week and with lots of me time I am going to get some exercise done (and not just running around after everybody!).

Started the day off well with a tomato & mushroom omelette.
Lunch: Chicken & Mushroom Rice, no oils used, syn free on EE
Snack, Melon & Pear
Tea: Ham salad
Supper: Wholemeal toast with laughing cow

Last edited:
Tuesday 4th June

Breakfast: Banana, Pear, Yoghurt
Lunch: Chicken Pasta
Afternoon: Melon & Orange
Tea: SW Roasties & Ham & Salad
Supper: Wholemeal Toast & Laughing cow

Did fast walk to the supermarket rather than getting bus, a good 20 minutes!

Wed 5th June
Breakfast: Banana, Melon
Lunch:Noodles
Afternoon:Orange, Pear, Plum, Nectarine
Tea:Ham, Salad, Home-made Hummus, Rustic oven chips
Supper: Wholemeal toast & laughing cow

Did a Yoga session! I love Yoga, I think I will introduce this at least once a week and build it up again, I used to do it daily.
Also ordered a pedometer so I can track my steps and build in a walking routine.

Last edited:
Xandielou,

You are my double!!! Well, what I mean is I'm exactly the same as far as preferring savoury to sweet things. I am perfect all day long and then wine-time looms and everything goes out the window.

I've read the whole of your thread with interest and think you're doing really well.

I might start a diary too, maybe that will spur me on!

I go to SW classes on a Wednesday, but missed last week's weigh-in and then it was my birthday this weekend gone....I've been really quite good with food, but absolutely terrible with wine.

Do you fancy buddying-up? We might be able to encourage each other??

Hillie
x

Thanks for the kind reply! I think I'm doing rubbish but that's only because of the illness setbacks though. The sunny days this week have helped and turned my head. This last two weeks I have been trying to introduce a fresher diet for the whole family but using slimming world ideas. We all love the mediterranean style of eating, fresh meat, salads etc, and I absolutely love fruit which helps. Even my 3 year old would live on olives, ciabatta and spicy meats!

Yes, savouries have always been my downfall. I don't understand the concept of 'sharing' bags ;-)

It would be good to try buddying up, not sure how that works though?

Good luck for this week!

Sandy

Just wanted to add, I have done really well today, it's now 9:45, no wine in the house and I haven't raided the kids crisps! I should go to bed while I'm ahead!!

Well done.......did you manage to keep it up until bedtime?!

I had my weigh-in and unfortunately have put on 1.5lbs grrrr. Completely my own fault as i've been really bad on the wine front for the past two weeks. I can no longer blame my birthday (last Saturday) as an excuse so I've just got to knuckle under and make sure there's no wine in the house!

I'm not sure how the buddy thing works either!! I'll try and find out!

I've been really good so far today............but it IS only 9.30 in the morning LOL!!

Yes I managed to stick to it. I just had a slice of toast instead. Really pleased with myself!
Sorry about the gain but at least you know where it's coming from, I am the same, I yo-yo up and down around the same few pounds. I think I need to put an embargo on wine from the house for now, perhaps until July 6th when my sister is coming up for the weekend. That gives me a bit of an aim and will save me some cash. I will also stock up on diet cola, diet lemonade & diet dr pepper so I can't consider myself deprived ;-) I get fed up of tea & coffee by teatime!

So, good start to the day:
Breakfast: Fat-free yog & banana
Early lunch (to fit in with nursery times): 1% Mug shot & handful of grapes.
Late Lunch/afternoon: Apple, Pear, Plum, Orange. Think I have overshot my fruit quota today!
Tea: Ham & Mushroom/Veggie Savoury rice (home made, no oils used)
Supper: Small bowl savoury rice with a dollop of mango chutney.

Last edited:
Well done!

Really did well resisiting the urge to go to the shop tonight. Hubby has some kind of wheat allergy so he has reverted to using white bread instead of wholemeal. We have run out and I was going to go and get a loaf for the morning. I decided it could wait until the morning, I'll nip out before breakfast!

Friday 7th June
Meant to weigh in this morning but never got a chance as the house was so busy. I will consider myself maintained! If I resist weighing in until next thurs/fri then I hope to see a loss. We have decided to go to the pub tonight, so I'm not buying wine in. The pub we are going to is a good 20 mins walk away (and back) and will save money on bus/taxis into town. Can't decide what to drink tonight. I usually opt for cider as its more refreshing and it's a lovely hot day. But mostly am I going to resist the bar snacks?? Will have a good tea then hopefully it will be damage limitation!

Breakfast: Banana, Fat Free Yoghurt
Lunch: Leftover Mushroom rice (oh go on then if I'm being honest I added a dab of lime pickle & mango chutney - syns? No idea will have to look up later!)
Afternoon: Orange, Beetroot!
Tea: Wholemeal pasta with adzuki beans, pesto & parmesan
Supper: Cider & a few bar snacks - no point in even going there!

Last edited:
Saturday 8th June
Breakfast: Fat free yog, banana
Lunch: Salad, spicy meats & cheeses (continental market on in town!)
Tea: 1% Mug shot, Banana, orange
supper: cider & crisps. Why do I do it to myself??

Last edited:
Back