Starting all over again... SW

Making a pledge for tomorrow. I am going to do a full set of measurements and weigh in. 0 alcohol all week. I have been considering switching to the original plan because as much as I love pasta etc.. I'm not sure it works for me as I feel totally bloated all the time. Also, I think I have been overdoing the fruit this week, perhaps I should cut it down to one piece in the morning and one in the afternoon. Too many sugars.

So today:

Breakfast: 0% cottage cheese, beetroot & banana platter

Lunch: Salad, new potatoes, continental meats & cheeses (they won't last forever...)

Afternoon: nothing because too full from lunch

Tea: Will be much the same as lunch (managed to not eat olive bread today so a bit of an improvement).

Have set up a My Fitness Journal log. Measurements were scary!

Monday 10th June
Weight 11st 1lb, Vitals: 40, 35, 39. Very heavy around waist. I would like to see that go down intially to 32, then will reassess. So I think I need to follow the red plan so I am limiting my carbs a bit. Some time ago I did Atkins and it really worked for me but I found it too restrictive. The red plan is more protein based, so I can do low carb healthily, and again, cut down on my fruit as I have been going over the top.

Breakfast: Banana, Melon - no more fruit today!
Lunch: Wholemeal pasta (35g dried weight) with 100g red salmon & mushrooms & tomatoes.
Afternoon snack: Fat free cottage cheese, oxo drink (syn free)
Tea: Chicken (no skin or oils), Large mixed green salad, beetroot, tomatoes, mushrooms with 2 extra light laughing cow.
Supper: 2 slices wholemeal toast with 4 extra light laughing cow (will have abt 8:30)
Drinks: Tea, water, pepsi max

Going to try and save my sins for later in week so no wine in house and all cans of cider locked in garage!

So thats Free, Superfree, HEXa: Milk & Laughing cows, HEXb: Pasta & wholemeal toast. Job done!

Last edited:
Tuesday 11th June
Weigh in 11st (lost 2lb according to Wii, must have been top end of 11st 1 yesterday).

Fully intend to do another red day today as I have loads of chicken leftover from yesterday. Found it hard restricting my pasta at lunchtime & not eating so much fruit but think it made sense as I don't feel half as bloated today.

Breakfast: Ham Omelette.
Lunch: 100g (cooked weight) Wholemeal pasta HEXb with tinned salmon, tomato & mushroom (same as yesterday basically!)
Afternoon: Banana, orange, cuppa tea (HEXa milk), 0% Activia yog (free)
Tea: Chicken & Ham salad. Made some syn-free hummus so may have to count today as an extra easy. I think that will work so I can still have my toast supper! Or I could syn the chickpeas? 1.5 syns per 28g, I guess 3 or 4 syns would cover the portion I had.
Supper: Wholemeal toast & laughing cow. Diet coke.

Last edited:
Wed 12th June
Breakfast: Banana & 0% acvtivia yog (syn free)
Lunch: Hummus, new potatoes, cottage cheese, 4 pitted black olives (half syn), 28g chedddar cheese (HEXa), large green salad.

Switching to a green day to allow for the hummus/potatoes

Tea: Egg, Beans & 150g Rustic oven chips (1.5 syns)

Supper: Wholemeal toast with laughing cow (HEXb/HEXa)

Last edited:
Well done on your loss! I've not been on here for days, so it's been lovely reading your diary and catching up. I should start one really, it might make me think more about whether to have wine in the evenings (which I still haven't managed to pack-in).

I think also I'll have a look at the other plans......My club put me on extra-easy, but I'd like to see how different the other ones are.

well done you !!!!!!!!

Bar snacks indeed <wink>.

Thurs 13th Red Day

Breakfast: Banana & 0% activia yog
Lunch: Chicken & Mushroom omelette, cottage cheese & green salad
Afternoon: Orange
Tea: wasn't very hungry so just had HEXb wholemeal pasta with some fat free dressing stirred in (not good for superfree but really couldn't face anything)
Supper: 2 slices wholemeal toast with 4 extra light laughing cows (HEXb/a).

35ml Vodka & diet Coke (4 syns)

Last edited:
I think also I'll have a look at the other plans......My club put me on extra-easy, but I'd like to see how different the other ones are.

I can't be bothered weighing stuff which is why Extra Easy is the one I like following BUT I think as I don't have loads to lose, I think I need to be a bit more focused so that is why I have dropped EE for now. It is too easy to just not count at all on EE so I get lazy with it.

I do find it difficult restricting pasta but I have switched to wholemeal pasta only and find that if I weigh out 40g and make more sauce less pasta then I am not going back for seconds (I am a great believer in making massive pots of food as it saves time and money and will feed whoever turns up on the doorstep, and when you have a teenage son that can happen a lot!)

I find keeping this diary useful just to focus and remember what I have eaten throughout the day, so it might be worth your while trying it. Also the thought that other people might read what you are eating makes you think before you raid the cupboard (or lie about it of course)!

Good luck!

Okay drumroll.........

I am under 11 stone!!!

Okay, it's only a pound under but I finally did it after faffing about for weeks/months.

It's now Friday morning, I figured if I make Friday a regular weigh in morning (used to be Thurs evening when I went to group) then I can have Friday as my treat night then do my beloved curries on Saturday night (Extra Easy SW style of course) then Sunday-Friday regular Original or Green days.

I wonder if it will work if I do 5 original/green plan days followed by 2 extra easy at the weekend? Sounds like a good idea to me.

So I will be on Extra Easy today.

Meals: Banana & 0% activia yoghurt.
Early lunch: Wholemeal pasta with tomatoes/sweetcorn/ham (eaten cold with fat-free salad dressing)

Last edited:
I haven't logged any menus for the weekend that is because I have been so busy and I haven't really been very focused. Back on track today as I am preparing lunch for Fathers Day and making lots of SW friendly food. I am having either a green day or extra easy day today as I have bought continental meats for husband and sons, but they are no good for me, so I am making pasta salads and savoury rice to accompany which I will be very happy with! So I will have plain Ham as my HEb & cheese as my HEa.

Monday 17th June
Looking forward to a positive week. There's no wine in the house and I'm avoiding going to my local shop so no accidentally buying any! Going to do a meal plan for the week and get a Tesco delivery instead.

Started the day with a 2 egg mushroom omelette.
Early Lunch: 1% Mug Shot, New potatoes (with skins), beans & cottage cheese. (Was going to do red but the fridge has more 'green' to use up!), Apple, Pear.
Tea: 85g lean ham, homemade savoury rice & green salad
Supper: wholemeal toast with laughing cow
Diet Cola & Vodka 4 sins

Last edited:
Tuesday 18th June
Breakfast: Banana & Low fat natural yoghurt
Lunch Home made savoury rice (so it's another green day)
Had some chocolate... No idea why. Anyway will check syns later. 6 squares of fruit & nut! shocking! abt 7.5 syns!!! Oh dear, never mind!
Tea Healthy Salad, potatoes, hard boiled egg.
Diet Cola & Vodka 4 sins

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th June (Red Day)
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Hard Boiled Egg with large salad & ham
Afternoon: orange, pear
Tea: Large Salad with plain tuna, chunk of 28g cheese, half portion of new potatoes (198g was too much!)
Diet Cola & Vodka 4 sins

Last edited:
Thursday 20th June
Breakfast: Beans & Cottage Cheese
Lunch 1% Mug Shot/Noodles, Banana, Orange, 0% fat yog
Tea: Wholemeal Pasta, with assorted mixed veg thrown in, beans & topped with 28g grated cheese (HEa x 1)

Okay, I'm over it. I have done okay this week, it was a bit of an experiment that I didn't follow as strictly as I should have done. That is why I prefer extra easy, there is a bit less focus on what you can and can't have.

I came across a set of measurements from over 10 years ago. Interestingly enough I was a bit heavier than I am now but my bust, waist and upper arms were not as big. My thighs are thinner now though. I guess that's all the running around I do after my little boy. I do walk a lot!

I am going to revert to extra easy and stop fretting about it and instead focus on my exercise routine. this means picking up on my fast walking (used to be able to do this before Joe refused his pushchair, now it's a toddler paced stroll!) and making my yoga part of my weekly routine. It wouldn't do me any harm to do an occasional workout either and I get on well with 'Beverley Callard Real Results' so that sounds like a good mix.

I need to stop sulking now and get on with it!

Have a good weekend everyone. I will not be posting again until Monday!!

Last edited:
Back