Starting all over again... SW

Monday morning, mid June and it's cold!

Anyway, I am going to have a good week this week. I am introducing more water into my day (aiming for minimum 2 litres) so have scheduled my phone alarm to go off every 90 minutes as I forget to drink (funny how I never forget to eat!).

Started today with a banana and have already had two glasses of water.
Mug shot at lunchtime with an apple and a pear

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th June

Well I managed to get all the water drunk yesterday!. Actually focusing on drinking water did make food less of a focus so I think that was a good move. So I set all those alarms again today and have kept it up. (Lots of loo trips!) I had a lemon & ginger tea this morning and water all day since. I'm normally a tea addict but haven't had a normal cup since Sunday, I just haven't fancied one.

Having a Green Superfree/Free day today.

Started off with a Banana and half a tub of v low fat cottage cheese.
Mid morning: half a tub of v low fat cottage cheese with half tin baby whole sweetcorn.
Lunch: 75g quorn chicken style with chunky mixed salad of radish, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, jersey potatoes topped with V low fat vinaigrette.
Afternoon: Orange, Apple.
Tea: I intend to have the same as I had for lunch and save my yoghurt and a second apple for supper.

Feeling very positive! No alcohol this week so far and I have no intentions or desire to have any.

Feeling really good, couldn't get on laptop yesterday but had a completely superfree/free day again yesterday, forgot to set my water alarms so wasn't so good with that but still positive about losing this week. I don't feel bloated at all and the challenge of only eating superfree/free is amazing!

I have eaten loads of fruit/veg/cottage cheese/eggs with only a small amount of pasta etc and if I felt hungry I just checked the lists and found something I could have that was superfree! Setting the water alarms today and doing it all again.

Also I have had NO alcohol since Saturday and finally feel like I am leaving the addiction behind, which is a major thing for me! I have only eaten 1 packet of walkers cheese & onion but it was only 1 from a multipack bag so 25g, I can live with that considering I would normally consume a 150g bag! I wouldn't have bothered but hubby wanted one so I was tempted too.

Started today with a banana, cup of tea and a glass of water!

Sorry for jumping in, If you have an iPhone there is an app called iDrated or iDrate that reminds you to drink. You put in how much you've had and it works out what time to remind you. Not sure if its available on other smart phones, it's pretty cool!

What a good idea! Thanks for that! I have an android so will have a look for it. There may be a similar program if that one isn't available.

Sorry for jumping in, If you have an iPhone there is an app called iDrated or iDrate that reminds you to drink. You put in how much you've had and it works out what time to remind you. Not sure if its available on other smart phones, it's pretty cool!

Well the good news is that my determined efforts have resulted in me losing 1lb. Not as majestic as I'd imagined but I have achieved so much else this week.

I have certainly got a different attitude towards alcohol, I am learning to moderate my snacks, my skin is so much clearer after only one week so that must be the water! Also, I have felt less focused on food, whether that is the water or not writing everything down in this diary I can't decide. I have left my Food Optimising book open on the counter top and my method was 'If it's names not on the list, it's not going in!' That really worked!

This weeks goals are to introduce more exercise as previously discussed and to return to a more normal green/red/extra easy plan.

Have a good weekend everyone!

I have found one on Android called Water Your Body, seems good and there were lots to choose from, thanks again for the idea!

No worries! I was delighted when i found it as it kept me drinking, whereas before I'd forget! Wouldn't happen with eating! Doh!

Ha Ha, that's exactly what I said last week! I never forget to eat and never lose my appetite even when I'm ill!

No worries! I was delighted when i found it as it kept me drinking, whereas before I'd forget! Wouldn't happen with eating! Doh!

Slow start to the week due to poorly boys and hubby working at home. Monday turned into an extension of Sunday. Tuesday is my first focused day.

Got my water app set and started the day on a banana, just starting to feel peckish now so will grab a pear or nectarine. Going to have a green superfree day and plan to have veg pasta at lunch then jacket potato with cottage cheese and beans at teatime!

Well my slow start wasn't much of a worry, this week I have lost a startling 2lb! I am now 10st 11lb!

I am so pleased! I have mainly been doing a superfree/free plan with an occasional Healthy Extra thrown in, but to be honest there is so much good food on superfree/free that I haven't really needed it. I think drinking the water has helped me keep the cravings at bay and not drinking alcohol has also helped me control the munchies. I really feel that I have turned a corner here. Not writing everything down has made me less paranoid so I am also going to continue with that! Basically I have lived on Cottage cheese, eggs, beans, mushy peas, salad in abundance, lots of fruit, only measured amounts of pasta (35g dry weight) and 0% yoghurts.

Here's to a good weekend ahead! I can't eat salty snacks as a trip to the doctor revealed my blood pressure is a bit up so I will need to be imaginative if I treat myself to a glass of wine tonight!

Last edited:
Had a really bad weekend. I've been getting these really bad headaches and they seem to be linked to drinking wine. I had three glasses of wine on Friday night and I was ill all weekend. The doctor is treating me for sinus problems so I am assuming the alcohol is aggravating my sinuses. For the time being I am going to have to go teetotal. I can't go through another weekend like this one. On the plus side I won't be throwing syn points down my neck!

So that's sinusitis and high blood pressure. Need to carry on losing this weight! I only have a stone to lose so I am really going to get my head down. Since I started this up again I have lost 7lb so I'm already a third of the way there!

I am continuing with my superfree/free plan and I have done really well today eating lots of fruit and salad, cottage cheese, jacket potato and yoghurts.

Put a pound on this week but I'm not worried, I know I hit the snacks a bit hard last night, got the munchies, should have gone to bed!

Good news is that I have lost an inch off my waist so I am really pleased!

Still tee-total and feeling liberated. Not been drinking as much water as I should have, so must try and pick that up over the weekend.

Have been on holiday, visiting family, completely fallen off the wagon. Remembering how good I felt when I wasn't drinking has made the decision to stop again very easy. Back to it today with a vengeance. I am still under 11 stone which is a bonus.

I will be doing a free/superfree week and the good news is that my husband wants to join me as he is suffering with pains in his hip and has a very large gut that needs sorting out, so today I am going to write him a list of what he CAN eat (as he is very negative focusing on what he can't eat!) and hopefully he will see some results by the end of the week.

Update: Have had a really good day
Breakfast: Banana/Muller-lite
Lunch: Egg Salad
Afternoon: Fruit (2 peaches)
Tea: Chicken, Veg & Butterbean pasta with Sweet Potato Wedges
Supper: Mullerlite, Cottage Cheese & Sweetcorn
Drinks: Diet Ginger Beer.

Hubby did okay, no alcohol or crisps tonight which is a good start, but he did have toast & hot chocolate :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still going strong, no alcohol yesterday, no crisps either.

Breakfast was cottage cheese & sweetcorn followed by a banana
Lunch was remainder of previous nights chicken pasta followed by a mullerlite yoghurt

For tea, I cooked a chicken and served it with dry roast veggies (just sprayed with frylite & sprinkled with paprika). Was delicious, nibbled on veggies in the evening.

I have taken a liking to Tesco's diet ginger beer, it's got quite a bite to it so that has been my 'tipple' of choice recently.

Feeling fine :)

Today I started the day with a yoghurt and a banana

Lunch at the park with my little boy so I got a Boots Meal Deal, not slimming world friendly at all but chose a lower calorie sandwich so hopefully limited the damage!

Tea was pork loin steaks served with mushroom risotto.

Full now!

Here we are again, three months down the line, still weighing the same, still overindulging. I really need to get a grip on myself.

I have been better behaved with the alcohol and snacks but still lapsing on the weekends.

I am switching to the Original Plan as I don't think Extra Easy is doing anything for me.

Starting strictly tomorrow!

Trip to the doctors confirmed that my Blood Pressure is still elevated. Over 3 readings the lowest reading was 127/97. So I am no longer allowed the combined pill. Have decided to come off oral contraception completely while I get myself in order. The good news is that my cholestorol was 4.8 so no worries there, also blood sugar levels are fine.

Had a good full first day on Original:

Breakfast: Ham & Mushroom 2-egg Omelette (using frylight)
Mid Morning: Tangerine
Lunch: Banana, Sardines with Mushrooms & Sugarsnaps (odd combination but avoiding carbs)
Mid afternoon: Orange and Apple
Tea: 100g cooked weight wholemeal pasta (HEb) with extra lean mince ragu sauce packed with carrots/peppers/celery/onion/mushroom & green veg on the side followed by a fat free yoghurt
Supper: 2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g loaf (HEb) with 4 extra-light laughing cows (HEa - other HEa from milk in unsweetened tea)

I am fully satisfied with what I have eaten, not hungry in the slightest and I am not having any alcohol.

Good day!

Day 2 - Woke up feeling great, I must remember that feeling when I am tempted by naughty stuff at the weekend!

Throughout the day: HEa: Skimmed Milk in unsweetened tea
Breakfast: Large Banana
Mid Morning: Bowl (remainder) of Home made Ragu Sauce without the pasta so just mince & veg no HE or syns.
Lunch: Quorn Chicken & Chestnut Mushroom Omelette made with two eggs.
Tea: Quorn Sausages with 227g Baked Potato (with skin),broccoli & caulifower with turkey gravy (approx 2 syns) followed by a fat free yoghurt, apple & orange
Supper: 2 slices small wholemeal (HEb) + 4 extra light laughing cows (HEa)

No alcohol, No salty snacks!

BP 134/89

Last edited:
Back