Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

Oh totally! That's a very realistic goal. Just stick to the plan and if you feel weak get yourself on here for some moral support. And bear in mind that the first week is the hardest so once you've climbed over that wall and been weighed you'll be so proud of yourself which will make you all the stronger and excited for the next week. And if you've been good and stuck to it by the book you'll find the next week a hell of a lot easier. :)

Whoops almost forgot...

Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby
4. wannabe10

New members: please copy and paste the above, put your name at the end of the list and post it in reply here on this thread.

Oh and don't forget, we're CDers that don't have much to lose (usually BMI 25 and below) but if you're over BMI 25 with not much to lose, feel free to join if you feel this will be of support to you. :)

Yay wannabe10! That's the attitude!

Daydreaming is really useful actually. Visualising the you that you really want to be on a daily basis does wonders.

Paul McKenna really advocates this practice. Most of us get down on ourselves, beating ourselves up about how rubbish we are and we tend to get stuck in a rut with it. the more you visualise yourself being the you that you want to be, the more chance there is of you achieving it.

xx

Oh and the hunger will wear off I promise. Depends how long it takes you to get into ketosis. Did your CDC give you any Ketostix?

Great thread! It can be much harder to diet when you are closer to goal so good to have that extra support from friends:cool:

Just to clarify the BMI and which plan business.

You can do 810 to goal :clap: 810 is fab. So pleased they brought it in.

You cannot do SS or SS+ at BMI 25 or under as it's unsafe. You will be losing too much lean mass (muscle etc). Muscle burns more calories than fat, so it will be harder to maintain :( Besides...not so good without that muscle to make you look well toned.

When Cambridge bring out these rulings, it's not to mess up your plans, nor to keep you dieting longer ;)

I can imagine them over their test tubes saying "yeah :clap: fantastic....that works"

and "oh no, no, no....that is definitely not safe:eek::eek: Oh my....we better put it in the book that there is no way they should do that to save them having to do the research :D"

Of course.....what you do to your body is up to you, but as long as everyone is clear of the facts and feels that it's worth taking the risk:confused:, then so be it.

Just wanted to state the reasons behind it for anyone else lurking who perhaps haven't seen the messages of warnings in other threads.

Great thread! It can be much harder to diet when you are closer to goal so good to have that extra support from friends:cool:

Just to clarify the BMI and which plan business.

You can do 810 to goal :clap: 810 is fab. So pleased they brought it in.

You cannot do SS or SS+ at BMI 25 or under as it's unsafe. You will be losing too much lean mass (muscle etc). Muscle burns more calories than fat, so it will be harder to maintain :( Besides...not so good without that muscle to make you look well toned.

When Cambridge bring out these rulings, it's not to mess up your plans, nor to keep you dieting longer ;)

I can imagine them over their test tubes saying "yeah :clap: fantastic....that works"

and "oh no, no, no....that is definitely not safe:eek::eek: Oh my....we better put it in the book that there is no way they should do that to save them having to do the research :D"

Of course.....what you do to your body is up to you, but as long as everyone is clear of the facts and feels that it's worth taking the risk:confused:, then so be it.

Just wanted to state the reasons behind it for anyone else lurking who perhaps haven't seen the messages of warnings in other threads.

Thank-You very much! I'm hoping to get to my healthy BMI with SS then get to goal with 810. I'll see how I go, I'm starving today!

Thanks for clarifying KD. I almost fell off the 810 wagon the other night when I heard the opinion that I shouldn't be starting CD on it because I'm under BMI 25.

I'm feeling less hungry in my 2nd week but I'm considering stepping up to 1000 kcals a day so I can do a bit more toning exercise.

Is only one wk on 810 ok? Are there any implications for my weight if I step up the levels so soon?

I would like to lose another half a stone within the next 3 weeks. What do you think?

xx

Hang in there Gemma hun. It does subside if you stick to the rules, honest. :) You'll probably even feel much better tomorrow than you do today. Just keep yourself busy to take your mind off it. xx

Oh yeah totally!

I've been to a funeral today of a school mate (he was only 34). It was so touching - hundreds of people were outside the crematorium - that's how popular he was.

I went to the wake afterwards and felt like a right numpty when I had to keep refusing drinks from people that I haven't seen for years. The Irish in me usually makes me the best candidate for getting drunk at a wake and as the social club is only a walk away from my house I could've quite easily had a few and left the car behind.

I did well though. I chugged my water down and didn't even go near the buffet! Was right in the mood for a cheese sarnie too! :)

Well it's someone I haven't seen since school but he was a funny and popular guy back then so I decided to go down with some old school friends I'm in touch with through facebook just to pay my respects. The turnout proved his great personality hadn't changed of the years. I knew his other half too. They had a little boy of 3yrs. So sad. :(

It was really nice to see so many old faces from my distant past all together at once but shame it had to be under such tragic circumstances. Feeling quite sad at the mo but I guess things like this should make us value life and grab it by the you know whats! :)

Is only one wk on 810 ok? Are there any implications for my weight if I step up the levels so soon?

I would like to lose another half a stone within the next 3 weeks. What do you think?

xx

I think that the longer you have been on Cambridge, the more important it is that you do at least 2 weeks on each step.

I don't think you've been on it very long???

If so, one week should be fine...but...you might find your weight loss slows a bit. There again, on 1,000 you could do more exercise :clap:

Your decision really. Whether it's really important to you to lose that last few pounds, or if you have a little more time to lose it slower.

Probably easier to stick to 810 for a little longer if you can, to be sure of the loss, but if you are getting really hungry, it may be your body telling you that you need more.

Totally confused now? :D

I am really concerned now after reading you post KD. My CDC told me to SS until I get to a BMI of 22 and then to start working up the stages... I feel absolutely fine and am doing x3 30 mins toning sessions a week starting next week to keep my muscles in check... I really like my CDC and don't want to get another one but she does seem to be giving me different advice to other people's CDC.....

I am really concerned now after reading you post KD. My CDC told me to SS until I get to a BMI of 22 and then to start working up the stages... I feel absolutely fine and am doing x3 30 mins toning sessions a week starting next week to keep my muscles in check... I really like my CDC and don't want to get another one but she does seem to be giving me different advice to other people's CDC.....

Unfortunately, she's not just giving different advice to other people's CDCs, but also to what she's been told, what Cambridge say, and even what is in the book.:sigh:

I have no way of knowing whether the amount of toning you do is enough to compensate for any loss of lean mass, so I wouldn't dream of trying to guess ;)

If you like your CDC, then I can see no reason for sticking with her for the packs, but then following the book to keep safe. It does bother me though when CDCs decide to go against all the research and make up their own rules :sigh:

Can happen when people are so totally focused on what the scales say, rather than how they look and what's going on 'inside' IYKWIM

Back