Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

So have had a good UD. Today's food consisted of sausage sandwiches with tomato and red pepper relish, 2 tea biscuits with chocolate peanut butter, sea bass baked with garlic, chilli and lime served with new potatoes, carrots, green beans and baby sweetcorn. 2 mini babybel, 4 crackerbreads with a cheese triangle and marmite on top and a WW chocolate brownie dessert. DD tomorrow and will weigh in again in the morning. :)

Another DD done :) Today I had the usual black tea, diet coke and then had a chicken and vegetable chow mein from M&S and a Warburtons half pitta with a cheese triangle and a quorn sausage. Total calories for the day came in at 460.

Weigh in:

11/11/13 - 235.6lbs - starting weight
12/11/13 - 233.2lbs - post DD
15/11/13 - 231lbs - post UD

16/11/13 - 229lbs - post DD
17/11/13 - 229.8lbs - post UD
18/11/13 - 230.6lbs - post UD
19/11/13 - 228lbs - post DD
20/11/13 - 228lbs - post UD

So Thursday was an UD and I had a lot to eat...cold, stressed, tired and grumpy led to a cheese and carb fest!! As it was an UD though at least I wasn't breaking the rules :D Yesterday was a DD and I had vegetable soup and 2 Warburtons half pittas with ham and coleslaw and came in at 494 calories. Today was weigh in day. Last Saturday I was 229lbs and this week I was 226.8lbs...so a loss of 2.2lbs :) Really happy with that as I have not calorie counted my UDs and have just eaten what I wanted... without going mental as it was an UD kind of thing. This week I plan not to weigh daily and weigh in just next Saturday. I'm doing it to see if I make healthier choices on my UDs if I can't see how the scales are doing...I think the daily weighing reassures me I can get away with eating chocolate and crisps and while I'm not looking to exclude anything from my diet it wouldn't do me any harm to make some healthier choices. If using this way of eating lets me lose 1-2 lbs a week I will be very happy. I'm not looking for quick results rather permanent results. So 12 days into this plan, 6 UDs and 6 DDs, and 8.8lbs lighter.

Weigh in:

11/11/13 - 235.6lbs - starting weight
12/11/13 - 233.2lbs - post DD
15/11/13 - 231lbs - post UD

16/11/13 - 229lbs - post DD
17/11/13 - 229.8lbs - post UD
18/11/13 - 230.6lbs - post UD
19/11/13 - 228lbs - post DD
20/11/13 - 228lbs - post UD
23/11/13 - 226.8lbs - post DD

Last edited:
Gosh it's quiet on here. I'll just keep plodding on rambling away to myself as I'm hoping this diary will be something to look back on with a sense of achievement when I've lost my excess weight. (hope I don't end up eating my words!!) This honestly doesn't feel like dieting doing 3 fast days a week. I've tried calorie counting, Slimming World and Weight Watchers half heartedly in the past and found on all of them food became like an obsession and filled every minute of my day either thinking about it, planning it or counting it. I became grumpy and unsociable as if I went to a friend's house for lunch I'd be quizzing them on every ingredient and wanting to know amounts of oil used etc. This feels far more relaxed...and I'm liking that :) I can also see how I will be able to use fasting to maintain my weight by cutting out a fast day or upping my fast day calories. On the other ways I tried to lose weight I always worried that I'd need to count syns, calories or points every day forever more. I know the other plans work well for many people and each way of dieting can suit them down to the ground but for me if I can lose weight and, way down the line, maintain a healthy weight with fasting I can see it becoming a permanent lifestyle choice. I haven't struggled on any of my fast days yet as I am looking at them the same way I do with other things in life....I can't always get what I want instantly I have to earn and work hard to get what I want ie a car, tv, holiday and I'm using the same method with eating. My fast days are earning me being able to eat normally on UDs while still losing weight. I think because fast food, takeaways,sweets, chocolates, crisps are so readily available it's all too easy to see them as the norm to eat instead of a treat. I did, it's why I am obese. I am the only one responsible for letting myself get so fat and I am the only one who can do something about it. I'm determined and 3 days of "work" is a small price to pay if it gets me to a healthy weight!

Saturday's food:

Semi skimmed milk in 4 cups of tea.

Pasta with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes with some garlic and herb philli stirred in.
2 Warburtons half pittas with a cheese triangle

Garlic sweet potato mash with a dollop of creme fraiche, roast chicken and gravy, stir fried cabbage, leek and carrots, 2 chicken yorkshire puddings.
WW chocolate brownie dessert.

Snacks: 3 x mini babybel light, Daim bar, kit kat.

I stuck to my no daily weigh plan. To be honest I'm quite relieved as it is too cold to be standing in the buff weighing every morning, once a week will be enough :D

Ali, well done on the losses :) I'm up to my ears in moving plans so not popping on as much. Its so wonderful to hear how this is working out for you. I totally agree with you about the fast days earning you the UDs & as long as you eat sensibly this plan will reward you.

Thanks for the kind words Dee. Hope your move goes well xx

Quick catch up on food!

Sunday - UD

Curried parsnip soup
Beef with onions and gravy, new potatoes, carrots, baby sweetcorn, cauliflower

Pasta with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and philli with garlic and herbs

Semi skimmed milk in 4 cups of tea

Snacks - 3 mini babybel light
fruit pot with tbsp of creme fraiche
Daim bar
4 crackerbread with a light laughing cow triangle

Monday - DD - 474 calories

Honey and vanilla porridge
Salad with ham and butternut squash wedges
Black tea, diet coke

Tuesday - UD

4 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk

Crunchy bran with semi skimmed milk

Vegetable soup
Crackerbread with laughing cow and marmite
Peach slices and creme fraiche

Breaded haddock, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, butter and tartare sauce

Snacks - 3 mini babybel light
4 squares of milk chocolate

DD tomorrow and still managing to stay off the scales!! :D

Thursday's food - UD

2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

Falafel wrap from M&S
Half a packet of lean honey roast ham
Peaches and creme fraiche

Oven baked trout done with garlic tomatoes and herbs served with new potatoes (with butter!) and carrots, cauliflower and baby sweetcorn

Snacks - 2 mini babybel light
Sushi snack pack from M&S
4 squares of milk chocolate

I also had 2 cups of Fruitbroo. Found it in Sainsbury's and it's a hot drink kind of syrup and only 15 calories a serving. I had honey and lemon and also picked up a peach one I'll try tomorrow. It's been a good day food wise. I've had weird cravings for fruit the past few days....normally it's chocolate!! Though having it with full fat creme fraiche probably ruins the benefits :p Last DD of the week tomorrow and then weigh in on Saturday. Have already been thinking how I'll work fasting over Christmas and new year. I'll probably do Monday, Tuesday, Friday both those weeks so I can fit in my 3 DDs. I'm actually enjoying this way of eating. :)

Weigh in today....4lbs lost!! :scale: So 19 days since I started, 9 DDs and 10 UDs and 12.8lbs lost. I am really happy :D

Saturday's food - UD

Honey and vanilla porridge

Home made vegetable and bean soup
M&S Vietnamese pork mooli

Home made veggie tikka masala curry and rice
M&S skinny chocolate frappe dessert

Snacks - 2 cheddar babybel
2 goat's cheese babybel
Lucozade energy drink (...Christmas shopping on a Saturday afternoon essential!!)

Well done on your loss, that's really impressive :)

Thank you! I was quite surprised when I got on the scales as I'd kept off them all week :)

Oh dear it appears that fasting isn't too popular, even on this section of Minis. I guess everyone has to work out what plan suits them best and what works for them personally and find something that they can stick to. The majority of diets Slimming World, Weight Watchers, calorie counting... and fasting too ...all work on the same principal of creating a calorie deficit to lose weight. They just go about it in different ways and what suits one person isn't going to suit another. I like fasting. I have found it really easy to do and not hard work at all. I'm sure I'm like everyone else when they start a new diet and they think it's the best thing since sliced bread....feel free to take a swipe at me in the new year if I'm sitting with one hand in a tin of quality street, another in a tub of miniature heroes and my face in a bucket of gin and getting fatter than ever. :p I know that no diet is a magic cure for sorting out my piggy gene. No diet is going to stop me from putting something into my mouth that I shouldn't or from making my portion sizes too big....let's face it most people who have weight to lose got there by putting too much in their mouth. An eating plan/diet, whatever you chose is only going to work if you have the commitment/willpower, call it what you will to stick to it. Fasting is working for me. I'm happy and relaxed doing it and plan to stick with it and see where it leads. For me personally it's a good fit and giving me good results.

Anyway last couple of day's food. :)

Sunday - UD

Home made vegetable and bean soup
Roast pork loin, baked potato, salad, cottage cheese, coleslaw and dressing

Tagliatelle with mushrooms, spinach, ham and creme fraiche
Yoghurt

Snacks - 2 Fruitbroo hot drinks
Pink and white biscuit
Kit Kat
4 squares of chocolate
3 Mini babybel
Advent calendar chocolate

Monday - DD - 490 calories

Roast pork loin, baked potato, salad, dressing, cottage cheese
Yoghurt
Mini babybel light
Black tea, flavoured water, 2 butter mint teas

It's definitely giving you great results :)

Oh and your tagliatelle dish sounds lovely. I've never tried creme fraiche before, I assume it tastes like cream?

So when is weigh in this week?

Creme fraiche looks like double cream and is thick and creamy but also has a tang to it, nicer than sour cream but more in that direction. Made a good quick sauce and whole meal was done in 10 minutes :) Staying away from the scales till weigh in on Saturday. I know one week I'm bound to get a small loss or a gain as I have done previously on diets around the 3/4 week mark...and for no rhyme or reason...bodies are weird and you don't lose weight evenly even if you eat the same calories or foods!

Tuesday's food - UD

Sliced peaches and creme fraiche

Carrot and butter bean soup
2 mini wheat and white wraps with 2 slices of ham and cottage cheese

Breaded haddock, new potatoes, carrots, green beans and broccoli, butter and garlic tomato sauce
Pink and white biscuit

Snacks - Fruitbroo hot drink
2 mini babybel
Packet of crisps

Had a busy couple of days so didn't manage to update but stuck to plan and had my 3 DDs as planned. Weigh in this morning and another 2.2lbs off :D So that's been 26 days on plan 12 DDs and 14 UDs and a total loss of 15lbs :bliss:I am really happy. However I don't feel I really fit in on this forum. I kind of feel I'm the only one fasting and actually enjoying it. I started this to hopefully get support and encouragement from others and give it in return.I obviously came along at the wrong time as it is very anti fasting here... which is weird for a fasting section!! Part of me wants to stick around and show how it works for me and the other half of me would rather find somewhere more supportive and friendly. Thanks to Sarah and Dee for the support you have shown....I'd have been talking to myself otherwise :p Might stick around till January and see if there are any new potential fasters in the new year weight loss kick. :)

I'm also fasting.. ( my diary is on the 5/2 section) think they're similar. I'm finding the same... No one is posting anywhere really! It'll be buzzing after Christmas! You've done absolutely fantastic! Welldone! Xxx

OMG 26 days in and 15lbs down!!! That is incredible!!!!!!!!!! This plan suits you so much :) Truly amazing :)

Don't worry about the forum being a bit quiet. It tends to get like this for a bit and then suddenly they'll be loads of people trying various different types of fasting. My guess is from January they'll be plenty of new faces and they need diaries like yours to find inspiration from.

Wow, congratulations on your incredible weight loss so far! Very inspirational. I'm following a very similar way of eating to you and have lost 7ln in 4 weeks - a great achievement for me as the older I am getting, the harder I find it lose the weight and I don't get that initial boost of losing well in the first week or so! I stick to 500 calories on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and estimate my calories on Tuesday and Thursday at around 1800 but then I eat/drink what I want at the weekend. I find this works quite well for me and allows the flexibility to swap days if needed.

Good luck - I look forward to reading of your continued success!

Back