Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

I'm also fasting.. ( my diary is on the 5/2 section) think they're similar. I'm finding the same... No one is posting anywhere really! It'll be buzzing after Christmas! You've done absolutely fantastic! Welldone! Xxx

Thank you xx Gosh you are nearly at target that must be a great feeling!! Your weight loss is really impressive :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed this section gets busier in the new year.

OMG 26 days in and 15lbs down!!! That is incredible!!!!!!!!!! This plan suits you so much :) Truly amazing :)

Don't worry about the forum being a bit quiet. It tends to get like this for a bit and then suddenly they'll be loads of people trying various different types of fasting. My guess is from January they'll be plenty of new faces and they need diaries like yours to find inspiration from.

I have to say this is the easiest I've ever found it losing weight so I'm going to stick around as I'm in it for the long haul xx :D

Wow, congratulations on your incredible weight loss so far! Very inspirational. I'm following a very similar way of eating to you and have lost 7ln in 4 weeks - a great achievement for me as the older I am getting, the harder I find it lose the weight and I don't get that initial boost of losing well in the first week or so! I stick to 500 calories on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and estimate my calories on Tuesday and Thursday at around 1800 but then I eat/drink what I want at the weekend. I find this works quite well for me and allows the flexibility to swap days if needed.

Good luck - I look forward to reading of your continued success!

Your way of eating does sound very similar to what I'm doing. I haven't been counting my UDs on the whole but have done a couple of times so I could get a rough idea and I'm coming in at 1800- 2000ish most up days and a bit more at a weekend. Hope what you're doing keeps giving you the great results you've had :)

Another busy week at work...roll on a week on Friday and two weeks holiday. Realistically this is probably the last week I'll get a loss till the New Year. I'm hoping by fasting through the festive period I'll be able to limit any gain... and you never know might be able to maintain :p Although I'm off for 2 weeks I still plan to fast 3 days a week but will jiggle them around to fit so that I can still do all the family and friends social occasions. I'm not setting out to over indulge or gorge myself on food and alcohol but I will be enjoying myself on my UDs without worrying about calories. This week I've had Monday and today so far as my usual DDs and will do Friday as well. Came in at 501 on Monday and 499 today. I've a night out on Saturday and then a birthday lunch on Sunday. Then next week is work Christmas lunch and two nights out with my work and then OH's work. Still keeping away from the scales apart from a Saturday morning and still loving this way of eating :)

So weekly weigh in this morning :) Had my DD yesterday to give me three for the week and I'm over the moon that the scales said another 3.6lbs off this week!!! I don't know how it works with only doing 3, albeit very strict days, of dieting and getting such good results but I'm sticking with it!! I confess to doing no exercise other than trying to walk to work and back a couple of times a week which in total would be 2 hours maximum a week. I have been working long hours and have been extra busy so maybe that has helped. I'm out tonight and out for lunch tomorrow. Tuesday is work lunch...we've booked for 1pm and no one is going back to work in the afternoon :D I have a night out on Friday so am swapping my Friday DD to Thursday. I'm going to keep my weigh in day as Saturday as I want to keep it consistent no matter how I juggle my DDs around. I would be happy if I could maintain this weight till the holiday period is over and hope fasting will be able to help me do it. :)

Had a busy couple of days so didn't manage to update but stuck to plan and had my 3 DDs as planned. Weigh in this morning and another 2.2lbs off :D So that's been 26 days on plan 12 DDs and 14 UDs and a total loss of 15lbs :bliss:I am really happy. However I don't feel I really fit in on this forum. I kind of feel I'm the only one fasting and actually enjoying it. I started this to hopefully get support and encouragement from others and give it in return.I obviously came along at the wrong time as it is very anti fasting here... which is weird for a fasting section!! Part of me wants to stick around and show how it works for me and the other half of me would rather find somewhere more supportive and friendly. Thanks to Sarah and Dee for the support you have shown....I'd have been talking to myself otherwise :p Might stick around till January and see if there are any new potential fasters in the new year weight loss kick. :)

Sorry about the negativity from me. However I've been here a year andI lost 18 lbs in the first month then basically sts for months and months. I only lost what I did in the end by calorie counting on UD's. I can only have an average of 800 a day to lose anything. I was woo hoo in the beginning too. :) I hope your loss continues but in my case the less I ate the harder it was. Good luck xx

Sorry about the negativity from me. However I've been here a year andI lost 18 lbs in the first month then basically sts for months and months. I only lost what I did in the end by calorie counting on UD's. I can only have an average of 800 a day to lose anything. I was woo hoo in the beginning too. :) I hope your loss continues but in my case the less I ate the harder it was. Good luck xx

I can totally get that JUDDD isn't going to suit everyone. And I know I'm full of the initial buzz you get at the start of any diet thinking "this is going to be the one that works!" Like I said anyone can feel free to say I told you so if in 6 months I've given up fasting and my head is stuck in a bucket of popcorn and I've put all the weight back on and more! :p For now...it's working...and more than that I'm actually enjoying it. I know my DD calories come in at 500 but if I add all my calories up over a week ( 3 DDs and 4UDs) and divide it by 7 to give me a daily average I'm coming in at 1400-1600 calories a day. And if my weight loss stalls I'm not planning on eating any less than that as a daily average....I'll just need to get off my backside and exercise. I've read a lot about BMR and TDEE and have experience of being really stupid and eating less than a 1000 calories a day for months...and ending up stalling because I was eating too little and making myself ill...and then piling all I lost and more back on in a short period of time. If I lose a pound a week I will be happy. I know a lot of people say that but I mean it. In a year that is nearly 4 stone. I'm not in a rush and want the weight to come off and stay off. I know you are far more experienced than me with JUDDD, all I can do is keep going and see if it works for me. I've nothing to lose except hopefully some pounds! :) x

So this week has gone to plan. Haven't managed to get on and update as have been flat out at work as I finish tomorrow for 2 weeks :D

Saturday - Went out Saturday night with friends and OH. Had a good few drinks and then a pizza and chips and garlic bread.
Sunday - 3 course Sunday Lunch as we were celebrating a friend's birthday.. so may have had a couple of slices of cake too!
Monday - DD and came in at less than 500 calories
Tuesday - Work Christmas Lunch....then some shopping....cocktails....KFC!
Wednesday - Fasted and came in at less than 500 calories.
Thursday - Was going to fast today instead of tomorrow as out tomorrow night but I'm the designated driver so will be sticking to diet coke... and when sober have the strength to avoid takeway... so just had a normal UD today and will have my DD as normal tomorrow.

Hoping my 3 DDs will offset being out so much this past week. Will weigh in on Saturday morning as normal! :D

Quick update as have spent the last 5 hours wrapping presents...and swearing at everything that didn't come in a nice easy box to wrap!! Weighed in yesterday and had a loss of 0.4lbs :D Pretty amazed as 3 of my 4 UDs last week were very calorific with being out...and drinking :p Will do what I can fast wise this week as both OH and I are off for two weeks so it will be hard to stick to. Going to have a DD tomorrow for definite and also Friday but may not manage Christmas Eve as planned. Will weigh in next Saturday and see what the damage is!!

Well done on your loss Ali. I've also spent the last 5 hours wrapping presents! If i never have to wrap another it will be too soon!!!!!!! Sodding presents.

Anyway have a very Merry Christmas x x x

Thanks Sarah hope you have a great Christmas too! :xmascheers: x

So I fasted yesterday and came in at under 500 calories. Today I'm fasting till 6pm and then I'm totally off plan till I fast on Friday :D Will do the same next week and then start back to normal the week after. Despite the abysmal weather I'm really looking forward to Christmas and New Year and feeling really positive about 2014 :)

So..weigh in today (while chomping of a breakfast of Miniature Heroes :p)...and I STS :D Delighted is an understatement!! I did a normal fast of less than 500 calories Monday and Friday and Christmas Eve I fasted till 6pm. I ate LOADS on my off days, although I didn't have any alcohol as I was designated driver. I don't like mince pies, christmas pudding or christmas cake but more than made up for it with crisps, nuts, home made walnut cake and double cream, trifle and a whole array of beige party food. Didn't count a single calorie or restrict myself. I did make sure to drink my 2 litres of flavoured water every day though. I think fasting is a miracle!! I'm not a big fan of new year but I'm sure I will eat more than is good for me anyway. Will do the same this coming week as last though won't be able to weigh in next Saturday as we are away. So my first 2014 weigh in will be on the 11th of January where I will hopefully get a loss to kick start my 2014 challenge. Now that I seem to have mastered fasting I need to start looking at what I'm eating on both up and down days and make my choices healthier with less junk. Not aiming to cut calories just focus more on nutrition and giving my body what it needs rather than seeing what treats I can have :)

I'm WI on Thursday so will know the "damage" by then. Well done on sts. :)xx

Well done on STS.

I gained 2lbs but i was expecting so much worse!

Thanks both of you x Good luck with your weigh in Ladybird and 2lbs is nothing Sarah and will soon be gone :)

I am so glad the weekend is nearly over. I have probably eaten more today and yesterday than I did Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I hate the weekend between Christmas and New Year. Time seems to drag and OH and I have had our usual "festive fall out". I think it's too much time spent in together with nothing to do but eat and feel sluggish and lethargic which makes us both snappy. The weather has been rotten and we still have storm damage to the roof which has caused a leak that although we have managed to contain it means emptying buckets every few hours even during the night with the rain we've had. And I feel compelled to eat all the food that I stockpiled for Christmas etc because that's what you're supposed to do. It's madness. I've spent half the day taking stuff to try and settle my stomach and get rid of the persistent heartburn I've got. So....I snapped. Was at Tesco getting milk and they had a foodbank collection. There was a number on the leaflet and I phoned and asked if I could donate all my excess festive goodies. OH and I got loads of biscuits, chocolates, jams, preserves and even a hamper. And there is all the emergency stuff I bought like tins of salmon, extra pickles, cranberry sauce, crisps, nuts...the list is endless. OH and I went through the cupboards and gifts we got and boxed up everything that wasn't going to be used. We filled 3 decent sized boxes that are being picked up tomorrow and will be donated to shelters and hostels. I kept some tins of biscuits and sweets to hand into the community centre who do various mother and toddler and OAP sessions. We are not leaving ourselves short and aren't being martyrs or ungrateful for the gifts we received. I would just rather it went somewhere it was needed and appreciated more than us just sitting ploughing our way through it like gluttons. And I know half of it would end up in the bin as it would be opened and then left till about March when it was binned as the biscuits would have gone soft etc. I don't know if it is the change in my head that has come from fasting or if it is just the mindset that I'm in at the moment anyway but binging and eating food to excess just doesn't have the same appeal any more and I could certainly do without feeling so bloated and sluggish. Roll on tomorrow's fast.

Hi Ali
just been reading your thread and you are doing brilliantly! I did well last year but my real problem was eating too much on Up Days. This year I want to lose the last stone and a half and I am trying to be very careful and cut out the carbs which do the most damage for me.

Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration!

Hi Ali
just been reading your thread and you are doing brilliantly! I did well last year but my real problem was eating too much on Up Days. This year I want to lose the last stone and a half and I am trying to be very careful and cut out the carbs which do the most damage for me.

Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration!

Aww thanks silverslimmer :) I agree it's making sure you don't see the UDs as a reason to pig out that's the key. Hopefully this year will give us all the results we want.

Happy New Year everyone :new_year: xx

So I decided to weigh in this morning to mark this year's weight loss challenge. I fasted on Monday and came in at 499 calories and fasted yesterday till 6pm and then only had around 1000 calories. This morning I weighed in at 216lbs /15 stone 6 lbs. So I've managed to drop another 0.6lb despite my horrific over eating weekend (took till yesterday for the heartburn to stop!) Today has been fairly normal eating wise...home made soup. chicken with bacon and cheese, last of the stuffing and a load of veg. I'm sure I'll have a few treats later but nothing too over indulgent. Have friends coming for a meal tomorrow and I'm attempting pulled pork for the first time and am making a baked cheesecake too. Then it's back to normal. This coming year I want to lose 76lbs....hmmm that's quite a challenge :eek: Need to decide how to tackle the healthier eating side of things...maybe SW or WW on my UDs??

Well done on your loss. I guess you could experiment with both SW and WW to see which suits you better. WW have a new eating plan out this year which i think it kind of similar to SW but not 100% sure.

I looked at the new WW plan but anything where a quorn sausage is labelled a treat isn't that appealing!! :p I did propoints for a while but looking over my old info I forgot how much I hated the push of WW foods. Think I'll probably go the SW route but will tweak things a bit as I'm only using it to eat healthier not lose weight as I'm using the fasting for that. Will work out a plan over the weekend for Monday's fresh start :)

So fast today didn't happen and weekend plans are cancelled. Damaged roof is more damaged due to the strong winds and subsequently we now have more water coming in. Add to that we spent most of the morning moving everything upstairs we could and getting sandbags to prevent being flooded. Thankfully the sea stopped 3 houses away from us so we are safe...for now! So I've eaten rubbish all day...chocolate, crisps, lots of buttered thick white toast. Then again it wasn't your typical day and stress levels were high. The insurance assessor cancelled again (3rd time!) so phoned and ranted at insurance company who finally after being passed to several departments waived the repairs through as I pointed out the longer we waited, the more damage and water coming in,the higher the claim would be. Roofer we've had on standby (friend of a friend) is coming tomorrow weather and high tide permitting to, if not fix, at least do a temporary repair to make us watertight. Will start back on plan on Monday and do my regular 3 DDs. :)

Back