Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

I looked at the new WW plan but anything where a quorn sausage is labelled a treat isn't that appealing!! :p I did propoints for a while but looking over my old info I forgot how much I hated the push of WW foods. Think I'll probably go the SW route but will tweak things a bit as I'm only using it to eat healthier not lose weight as I'm using the fasting for that. Will work out a plan over the weekend for Monday's fresh start :)

So fast today didn't happen and weekend plans are cancelled. Damaged roof is more damaged due to the strong winds and subsequently we now have more water coming in. Add to that we spent most of the morning moving everything upstairs we could and getting sandbags to prevent being flooded. Thankfully the sea stopped 3 houses away from us so we are safe...for now! So I've eaten rubbish all day...chocolate, crisps, lots of buttered thick white toast. Then again it wasn't your typical day and stress levels were high. The insurance assessor cancelled again (3rd time!) so phoned and ranted at insurance company who finally after being passed to several departments waived the repairs through as I pointed out the longer we waited, the more damage and water coming in,the higher the claim would be. Roofer we've had on standby (friend of a friend) is coming tomorrow weather and high tide permitting to, if not fix, at least do a temporary repair to make us watertight. Will start back on plan on Monday and do my regular 3 DDs. :)

Quorn sausages as treats! How ridiculous is that!

Sorry to hear about about all the hassle with your roof, i'd be off plan slightly if i had all that to deal with. Enjoy your weekend off and then jump back into it on Monday.

Hi and Happy New Year - let's hope it's a good one for all of us. I thought I'd been on every diet in creation but I've not tried fasting so thanks to your post - I'm going to have at that - I like the idea and your attitude in not setting a goal date - good luck - I'm going to look for more of your post to follow your progress. Good luck

Quorn sausages as treats! How ridiculous is that!

Sorry to hear about about all the hassle with your roof, i'd be off plan slightly if i had all that to deal with. Enjoy your weekend off and then jump back into it on Monday.

Having a really lazy Sunday after roof was made watertight yesterday. Will regroup and start fresh tomorrow :)

Hi and Happy New Year - let's hope it's a good one for all of us. I thought I'd been on every diet in creation but I've not tried fasting so thanks to your post - I'm going to have at that - I like the idea and your attitude in not setting a goal date - good luck - I'm going to look for more of your post to follow your progress. Good luck

Thank you :) Hope fasting works out for you, let me know how you get on!

I'm by the sea too but we got off light here - hope insurance pull there finger out. xx

Thankfully roof was mainly repaired yesterday and we are watertight again for the first time since Christmas Eve. Love living by the sea but the storm the other day was quite frightening. Another high tide and strong wind alert for tomorrow but at least we still have the sandbags in place. We were a lot luckier than some though and the occasional loss of power and a bit of stress is nothing in the big scheme of things. Insurance claim is going to be into 4 figures and would have been far less if they had let us get the repairs done sooner.

So...plan for the week ahead :)

Going to combine Slimming World with my 3 days of fasting. Really using it to help me make healthy choices food wise. I've tried Extra Easy in the past and barely lost anything as I have portion control issues :rolleyes: It did make me eat really well though with plenty of fruit and veg. I'm not going to be uber strict about some of it though. I will count syns, have my healthy extras and in general follow the rules but with a few exceptions:

I will not syn a banana if I mash it and have it on toast
I won't syn tinned fruit if it is in juice.
If I add a banana, strawberries or raspberries to milk from my hea and make a milkshake/smoothie I won't syn them....it's not like I'm adding 2 mars bars and blending them.
If I heat frozen berries to add to my porridge they won't be syned either.
If I have a baked potato as a heb on a red day it will be a medium potato... not weighed so I end up having to cut a bit off so it exactly weighs 230g!
Rolls, bread and wraps...as long as it is brown whether it be seeded, granary or a 100% wholemeal it will count as my heb (anything over 120 calories will be syned)
Oats so simple will count as a heb :)
Muller lights....just no!! People have 3 or 4 a day because they are free...they're a 100 calories each. The same goes for bananas.
I will add superfree where I know it's needed but I'm not going to eat it just for the sake of following the rules if a small meal is all I need to satisfy me. Eating more than I need superfree or not is silly.
I will weigh all pasta and rice to keep my portion size under control.
I can have my weekly syn allowance of 105 syns as and when I want them as long as I don't go over.
I'm sure there will be others that crop up along the way.

I already home cook most of my meals. I eat loads of veg, fruit fish, and chicken. I eat lean meat occasionally. Like I say I am following the principles of SW but with a few changes as I'm losing weight principally through fasting. All I'm really hoping to do is cut back on the chocolate, crisps and less healthy snacks on an UD by combining them. Will it work? I don't know :p

Back to work tomorrow. Going to be a bit different for me as I'm going to be working from home. The department I was in was merged with another due to cutbacks and I was lucky to be kept on though my hours have been reduced to 30.. but on the bonus side I can do my work from home. With money saved on daily petrol and parking it shouldn't make a massive difference. I am going to have to be really disciplined though with being at home and keep away from the fridge. DD tomorrow and I'm glad that this week marks getting back into a normal routine with eating. Hoping for my first 2014 loss next Saturday :)

Monday - DD- 500 calories or less - SW Extra Easy

2 x weetabix (heb 134 calories)
250ml semi skimmed milk (hea 125 calories)
Home made cauliflower and broccoli soup (80 calories)
Banana (112 calories)
Drinks- 6 glasses water, 4 teas, 1 coffee (2 calories), can of coke zero(1 calorie)

Total calories 454
Syns 0
Weekly syns remaining 105

Has been an ok day. Not too hungry though period pain and heartburn (again :rolleyes:.. thanks to the garlic bread last night...and the chocolate...and crisps!) have made it a tiring old day. Working from home went ok. Need to average 6 hours a day to complete my weekly hours and allotted work load. Started at 7 and worked till 11 and then did 2 till 4....worked this morning in my pyjamas :p Need to get a shop in tomorrow and organise myself meal wise for the week. Debating joining SW again for all the latest healthy extras and a new food directory but might just try to wing it with the help of minis? I have all the stuff I got when I attempted it in 2012 (briefly!!) so not completely clueless...I hope!

So...plan for the week ahead :)

Going to combine Slimming World with my 3 days of fasting. Really using it to help me make healthy choices food wise. I've tried Extra Easy in the past and barely lost anything as I have portion control issues :rolleyes: It did make me eat really well though with plenty of fruit and veg. I'm not going to be uber strict about some of it though. I will count syns, have my healthy extras and in general follow the rules but with a few exceptions:

I will not syn a banana if I mash it and have it on toast
I won't syn tinned fruit if it is in juice.
If I add a banana, strawberries or raspberries to milk from my hea and make a milkshake/smoothie I won't syn them....it's not like I'm adding 2 mars bars and blending them.
If I heat frozen berries to add to my porridge they won't be syned either.
If I have a baked potato as a heb on a red day it will be a medium potato... not weighed so I end up having to cut a bit off so it exactly weighs 230g!
Rolls, bread and wraps...as long as it is brown whether it be seeded, granary or a 100% wholemeal it will count as my heb (anything over 120 calories will be syned)
Oats so simple will count as a heb :)
Muller lights....just no!! People have 3 or 4 a day because they are free...they're a 100 calories each. The same goes for bananas.
I will add superfree where I know it's needed but I'm not going to eat it just for the sake of following the rules if a small meal is all I need to satisfy me. Eating more than I need superfree or not is silly.
I will weigh all pasta and rice to keep my portion size under control.
I can have my weekly syn allowance of 105 syns as and when I want them as long as I don't go over.
I'm sure there will be others that crop up along the way.

I already home cook most of my meals. I eat loads of veg, fruit fish, and chicken. I eat lean meat occasionally. Like I say I am following the principles of SW but with a few changes as I'm losing weight principally through fasting. All I'm really hoping to do is cut back on the chocolate, crisps and less healthy snacks on an UD by combining them. Will it work? I don't know :p

I could have written exactly the same. When previous doing SW i ate tinned fruit, mashed banana's, didn't weight potatoes acurately and i still lost weight. It wasn't that i was ignoring SW rules its just no one had told me about the fruit and i didn't have any scales. I was just sensible. And that's how i'm eating now.

Good luck for your WI on Saturday x

Day 2 of Slimming World....BIG FAT FAIL!! This is what I've eaten

Breakfast - 2 Warburtons brown sandwich thins toasted and spread with 1 light laughing cow and topped with half a tin of baked beans

Lunch - Ainsley Harriot roasted veg cous cous, lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, gherkins, ham, smidge of chilli sauce and salad cream. Another Warburtons brown sandwich thin with light laughing cow

Dinner - Salmon steak baked with soy sauce, ginger and garlic, new potatoes, carrots and peas. Tablespoon of tartare sauce and tiny knob of butter on potatoes

Snacks - Dolce Gusto skinny latte
Tinned pineapple rings and a third of a tub of Yeo Valley 0% fat vanilla yogurt
Packet of Kallo corn and rice snacks
4 mini chocolate balls

I don't think that's a bad day's food. Fruit, veg, fibre and a couple of treats. If I had syned it...it would be 30+ syns. Other half caught me this morning before he left for work pouring over my SW books and his comment was "is doing one diet at a time not hard enough?" I explained I was going to use SW to eat healthier on my up and down days to which he replied "do you really need a book or plan to tell you what to eat? Do you need to pay someone to tell you what you already know? You're not stupid!" Fortunately he left before I lobbed the books at his head, but it did make me stop and think. And...he's right. Fasting is working. I don't need to run another diet alongside it. I just need to cut down on the rubbish and make better choices...eat like a "normal" person. So that's what I'm going to do. Stop over thinking things and making it more difficult on myself and do the best I can. I'm sure getting down to a normal weight from an obese weight will be the biggest benefit to my health regardless of the odd chocolate or two. I don't want to become food obsessed and a diet bore. I'm not wimping out I just don't want to set myself up to fail and it has been going so well so far why mess with it.:eek:

I've really enjoyed catching up on your diary. Well done, you've done so well!

I kind of agree with your last post about running with 2 diets - you are doing so well with the fasting, you don't really need to reassess unless you get a STS or gain! Then you will have the benefit of looking back at your diary and hopefully you would then be able to identify what caused it. I read a book recently about dieting and how it's over complicated - it suggested it's better to change one habit at a time, see the affect it has and then reassess and maybe change another habit etc. For someone like myself who gets fed up of diets very quickly this made sense - hence I'm doing something very similar to you. If I find I don't lose anything, I shall still stick to my 3 days under 500 cals but look at changing my way of eating on my non calorie counting days - trying to make one manageable habit change at a time!

I was glad to hear you got your roof fixed - that must have been really stressful.

Thanks Elkay :) I think I just over reacted to my excess munching over the festive period and went into panic mode. So much heartburn from so much rubbish left me feeling lousy!! :( I don't normally eat that badly. I make most main meals from scratch and love fruit and veg. My issue is portion control, which I think I am managing to get a grip on, and snacking in the evening. But my fast days are so far not a problem. It's like my brain switches off and I don't feel the urge to cheat. So if they are working I'm just going to continue not calorie counting/SW/WW/Whatever plan on UDs and try instead making a few healthier swaps here and there and not over think it. Like you say I can always re think things if I stop losing. Until then I'm just going to go with the flow and my 3 fast days. :D

Wednesday - DD

Cauliflower and broccoli soup 80 calories
6 melba toast 78 calories
1 light laughing cow 25 calories
1 cereal bar 95 calories
John West Tuna Light Lunch 211 calories
4 glasses of water, 3 black teas, 1 fruit tea (4), 1 buttermint tea (4), 1 can coke zero (1)

Total of 498 calories :)

We had workmen in today to take up the ruined carpets and laminate from the rain getting in and check the floorboards. They were very polite, wiped their feet and were super speedy...and then one of them dropped his tool box on my scales :mad: He was very apologetic and to be fair I should have moved them out the bathroom when I realised they needed to take the flooring up. They were only £20 or something a few years back, but it means....I NEED TO GET NEW SCALES :eek: This fills me with horror as what if my scales were just old and tired and being kind to me saying I weigh less than I do??? Or if I'd beaten them into submission by constantly jumping on them and they gave me a nice number in the hope I'd get off them! Will pick up a new set on Friday ready for Saturday's weigh in. OH wants all singing and dancing ones that tell you your body fat, water percentage, muscle mass, BMI, BMR and presumably what you should be having for your breakfast!! I want ones that will be kind to me!

Oh no! The battery on my scales is saying low and i'm filled with dread at the thought of changing it just in case it starts to weigh me differently! When i had to buy a new set of scales 2 years back i bought a salter set from Asda. They were £9.99 and only weighed 0.5lbs more than my original scales. Score. Fingers crossed that you can get a set that won't break your heart when you get on them!

Oh no! The battery on my scales is saying low and i'm filled with dread at the thought of changing it just in case it starts to weigh me differently! When i had to buy a new set of scales 2 years back i bought a salter set from Asda. They were £9.99 and only weighed 0.5lbs more than my original scales. Score. Fingers crossed that you can get a set that won't break your heart when you get on them!
We are going scales shopping tomorrow. I can see us coming back with several sets and picking the one that is nicest to me :p

Thursday - UD

Breakfast - Danio cherry yogurt

Lunch - Other half of the Ainsley Harriott cous cous with packet of chicken tikka slices

Snack- M&S sushi snack pack and a Dolce Gusto Mocha...we got the machine at Christmas and I'm limiting myself to 1 drink a day!!

Dinner - Home made kedgeree...made sure to weigh the correct amount of rice to keep my portion under control!

3 teas and one coffee with semi skimmed milk, 2 glasses water, no sugar squash

The only other thing I had today was....a scan bran cake :eek:...and I loved it :eek: which was a real revelation. I've had 4 packs sitting in the cupboard for forever and had no inclination to use them but on a whim today thought I'd give making a cake a go. I didn't have any Options sachets as I personally don't like them..I find them a bit watery and tasteless. I did however find a packet of Mars milkshake mix at the back of the cupboard so used 20g of it instead to make a chocolate cake. I had a third of the cake (145 calories. I worked it out as had no idea if it was a good or a bad choice for a snack) with some Yeo Valley vanilla fat free yogurt. Was so tasty and SO filling I haven't wanted anything else today. Think I might try having some on my DD tomorrow. Now planning on making a scan bran cake with mini marshmallows and maybe the curly wurly one I've seen mentioned. I'll sicken myself with them and then won't touch them for months! :p

Friday - DD

Scan bran cake - 218 calories
100g Yeo Valley vanilla yogurt - 87 calories
Home made tomato and rice soup - 125 calories
2 x crackerbread - 38 calories
1 light laughing cow - 25 calories

2 litres of water, 3 black teas, 1 can of coke zero (1 calorie!)

Total calories 494

We bought new scales. OH won and they are all singing and dancing tell you everything you didn't want to know as well as your weight. I used to have scales that said "overfat" when I stood on them and hated them with a passion....I feel I've taken a dislike to these new ones before even stepping on them. Whatever they say in the morning I'll just need to suck it up and take it as my starting point for the year. I was only meant to have the 1st and 2nd of January off after amazingly losing 0.6lbs over Christmas but instead had the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th as an all you can eat buffet! Whatever the number there is no point avoiding it :eek:

First proper weigh in of the new year....on new scales....1.4lbs off :D So my 5 day new year food fest was cancelled out by 5 days back on plan and an additional pound and a bit to boot! So that's 21lbs lost in exactly 2 months with Christmas and New Year thrown in the mix. I can't ask for more than that for only having to "diet" 3 days a week. :bliss:

I now only weigh once a week on a Thursday at tesco. It's a 15min walk there and back. I took a hammer to my scales early November after getting pig sick of the fluctuations lol! Xxx

I now only weigh once a week on a Thursday at tesco. It's a 15min walk there and back. I took a hammer to my scales early November after getting pig sick of the fluctuations lol! Xxx

If we had anywhere within walking distance I'd happily do the same. At least I'm not as bad as I used to be weighing myself after every time I peed or even passed the bathroom :rolleyes:

Woohoo! Well done!
Thank you! x Was a relief with the new scales.

Saturday - UD

Breakfast - 1/2 ginger and chocolate scan bran cake and a Danio peach yogurt

Lunch - Home made vegetable and bean soup and a Tesco butternut and feta salad

Dinner - Home made pasta bolognese with some parmesan on top followed by an M&S count on us chocolate muffin dessert

Snacks - 2 light babybels
4 crackerbreads with chilli low low cheese spread
Dolce Gusto vanilla latte

1 1/2 litres of water, 3 teas with semi skimmed milk and a bottle of coke zero

Sunday - UD

Breakfast - 1/2 ginger and chocolate scan bran cake

Sunday Dinner - Home made vegetable and bean soup. Chicken en croute ( Sainsbury's...tasteless!), garlic and herb sweet potato wedges, carrots and green beans

Tea - 2 rolls with veggie burgers, cheese slice, gherkins, tomato ketchup. M&S skinny frappe dessert.

Snacks - 2 mini light babybels
4 chocolate balls
Dolce Gusto vanilla latte

1 1/2 litres of water, 4 teas with semi skimmed milk, 2 glasses coke zero

In a flat mood today and am a bit of a grump. Feel fat and frumpy...mainly because I am.( Was looking at photos from Christmas :rolleyes: ) I'm not one of these people who it helps to break down the weight to lose into chunks...I need to keep whacking myself in the face with how much I need to lose so I don't give up. It's not a small number I need to lose it's a big number and reminding myself of it makes me realise how important it is not to remain obese for any longer than I have to. Going to take my grumpy self off to bed and wake up for another successful fast day tomorrow.

Back