Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Monday - DD

Cherry and chocolate scan bran cake - 210 calories
Home made carrot, tomato and rice soup - 100 calories
4 x crackerbread - 76 calories
30g low fat soft cheese - 29 calories
Small banana - 84 calories

2 litres of water, 4 black teas, can coke zero (1 calorie)

Calorie total - 500

Good and easy DD. I must admit the scan bran is really filling and is working out brilliant on a fast day....and I've never been as regular!! :p

I wish this section was busier :(

Tuesday - UD

Breakfast - 2 mini babybel light

Lunch - Vegetable and rice soup. 3 Warburtons brown sandwich thins with low low chilli cheese and wafer thin ham

Dinner - Haddock, new potatoes, green beans, carrots, asparagus and tartare sauce

Snacks - Banana, chocolate and ginger scan bran cake with a pot of low fat custard
Banana crunch Nakd bar
Smoked paprika popcorn
Dolce Gusto skinny cappuccino

2 litres of water, 4 teas with semi skimmed milk

Spent the evening watching weight loss shows on youtube....it just made me hungry!!

Thank you! xx My food looks A LOT compared to what everyone else is eating especially as I do no exercise, but it's working so far so I'm not going to knock it!! :D

Wednesday - DD

2 1/2 scan bran with 30g low fat soft cheese - 107 calories
"Whatever is in the fridge" soup ( carrot, onion, butternut squash, sweet potato, red pepper, garlic) - 124 calories
Udon noodles with chicken breast and a made up sauce ( bbq honey sauce, soy sauce, spring onions and coke zero!!) - 258 calories

2 litres of water, no added sugar squash (7 calories), 4 black teas, coke zero (1 calorie)

Total day's calories - 497

The scan bran wasn't the best to eat just as crispbread but was ok with soup....and a gallon of water! Bit of a disorganised day as I really need to do a food shop but got through it all the same :)

I'm going to buy some scran bran from hb seems a great way to get fibre in. Your doing fantastically so I'm not surprised your not going to change anything. I wouldn't either :) xxx

I didn't realise that despite the fact I was eating plenty fruit and veg that my diet was woefully short of fibre. (I think 25g a day is the recommended amount?) Especially as I've found with fasting it seems to slow things down a lot and it wasn't that I couldn't "go", it was just a lot more effort and was having days where I felt bloated. Adding extra fibre has helped so much. I've got the scan bran for days I want to make "cake" and some all bran cereal and some wheat bran that I can add to soups and porridge on other days. Gives me an added 10/11g a day. And an added bonus is it makes me drink more water! :)

Thursday - UD

Breakfast - 40g All Bran with a banana and semi skimmed milk

Lunch - 3 Warburtons brown sandwich thins with salad, low low chilli cheese and wafer thin ham. Lemon greek yogurt

Dinner - Home made smoked haddock, red leicester and spring onion fishcakes and salad with a chive and mayo dressing

Snacks - 8 chocolate balls
2 mini babybel lights
gingerbread skinny latte

2 litres water, 4 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk, coke zero

Having a fat week so impatient to weigh in on Saturday morning and see if I've lost anything.

Friday - DD

Exactly the same eaten as Wednesday as I still need to do a food shop :rolleyes: So came in at 497 calories. Never been tempted to cheat on a DD but it is definitely harder to keep my mind off food now I'm working from home. I also never get a break from the house...the washing...the ironing...constantly surrounded by things that need doing. And no one during the day to talk to, even if just in passing while making a cuppa, is really isolating. And getting distracted by household chores means I only just made my deadline today and that is ridiculous as I'm only on 30 hours. The novelty has certainly worn off and I'm keeping an eye out for a new job. Weigh in tomorrow :eek:

I can imagine how easily distracting that would be working from home. Great down day! I'm fasting today hurrah! Good luck for weigh in ( not that you need it ) ;) xxx

So...yesterday's weigh in...STS. Now normally on any diet I've been on before I'd have done one of two things, either go into panic mode and reduce what I was eating to a bare minimum and hope the scales shifted and then in a few days time through hunger and crankiness would binge or I'd have given up instantly and gone on a massive binge there and then. I did neither. For 2 reasons...1...I calorie counted all my food this past week both up and down days as everyone else seems to eat far less than me and I was feeling like a bit of a pig. My calories averaged out at 1500 calories a day, which is perfect for losing weight at my size so I know I didn't do anything "wrong" food wise....and 2...the super duper new scales that analyse everything showed I was retaining water, either that or I had found a miraculous way to burn 10% body fat in a week by sitting on my behind. So I just carried on as normal wondering was it hormones or whatever making me retain water. I now know why I was retaining water. The fibre I've added to my diet the past week by adding bran works by absorbing water to help keep things moving. Although I felt fine and was nice and regular and not bloated or uncomfortable there was obviously a bit of an...ermm...backlog! That has now resolved itself...8 times since yesterday's weigh in :eek: I'm not going to weigh again till next Saturday, though I was tempted, as I think once a week weighing is healthier for me. Hopefully my body has now adjusted to the extra fibre :D

Saturday - UD

Breakfast - All bran with a banana and semi skimmed milk

Lunch - 3 Warburtons brown sandwich thins with salad, low low cheese and ham.

Dinner - I made a spinach, chickpea and tomato curry.

Snacks - Gingerbread skinny latte
2 mini babybel light
Greek honey yogurt
Packet of crisps
8 chocolate balls

Sunday - UD

Sunday Dinner - Vegetable and rice soup. Roast beef and gravy, potatoes, carrots, peas, parsnips, 2 yorkshire puddings .

Tea - 3 Warburtons sandwich thins with ham and low fat soft cheese

Snacks - 4 chocolate balls
4 crackerbread with soft cheese
Scan bran cake topped with chocolate fudge icing
Slice of chickpea dahl loaf

Monday - DD

Lentil soup with 2 and a half scan bran mixed in (disguised it perfectly!) - 198 calories
Chicken salad with chilli dressing - 263 calories
Tonic water - 7 calories
Coke zero - 1 calorie
Fruitbroo drink - 15 calories

Total day's calories - 484

Tuesday - UD

Breakfast - All Bran with semi skimmed milk and a banana

Lunch - 3 x Warburtons brown sandwich thins, garlic and herb soft cheese, ham, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes

Dinner - Cod with new potatoes, green beans, carrots, tartare sauce and a knob of butter

Snacks - Skinny cappuccino
2 mini babybel light
Salt and vinegar popcorn
4 Crackerbread with peanut butter
4 Miniature Heroes
Cereal bar

Seemed to have snacked a lot today but dinner was a small portion and calories are within limit. Have picked up some kind of cold/virus thing and have lost track of how much water etc I've had as have been constantly drinking to help scratchy throat. Ache all over and am ready for bed.

:sick: Full of the cold and feeling grotty but still sticking to plan...maybe a bit high on my UDs :eek:

Wednesday - DD

Lentil soup with 2 1/2 scan bran- 198 calories
Skinny cappuccino - 50 calories
Coke zero - 5 calories
Tuna light lunch - 218 calories

Total day's calories - 471

Thursday - UD

Breakfast - All bran with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - Pittas with salad and chickpea and lentil dip

Dinner - Noodles with chicken and veg with a sticky bbq sauce

Snacks - 2 mini babybel light
Homemade bran biscuit...was vile :rolleyes:
Strawberry greek yogurt
4 miniature heroes
And then I wolfed down a whole packet of M&S cheese tasters....100g....520 calories....at 10.30pm :eek: Ho hum it's done now!

Today I have woken up and can't taste anything due to the cold, so minimal effort going into today's food.

Friday - DD

Scan bran cake - 219 calories
Miso soup sachet - 18 calories
4 x Crackerbread - 76 calories
1 x light laughing cow - 25 calories
Vegetable and rice soup - 142 calories
Coke zero - 5 calories

So today's calories will come in at 485. I have drunk far more coke zero than usual the past few days but I'm using it as a substitute for the copious amounts of chocolate I'd normally eat when feeling under the weather.

Weigh in day tomorrow.

Weigh in....4lbs off!! :banana dancer: So today marks 75 days of doing 3 fasting days a week (less over 2 week Christmas and New Year period) and I've lost 25lbs, I'm just over a quarter of my way to target and I've lost more than 10% of my starting weight. I'm so happy that this is working for me. It doesn't feel like dieting, it's just 3 days of "work" a week. And I don't skimp on my 4 normal eating days to get results. If I average my calories out over the week combining UDs and DDs it is roughly between 1450 and 1600 calories a day...was 1648 this week due to the family pack of crisps I scoffed the other night :D I know that fasting is just a way of doing calorie restriction to enable weight loss with purported health benefits thrown in but the format of it makes it easier for me personally to stick to. If I was eating 1600 calories day in day out I know I would have cheated by now if not given up or worse slashed my calories to try and speed up weight loss. I am very happy losing between 1 and 2lbs a week for putting in such minimal effort. I'd do cartwheels in the living room today with weigh in result but fear for the safety of dog and OH if I landed on them :p

Weekend's food!

Saturday - UD

Breakfast - All bran, semi skimmed milk and a banana

Lunch - Pittas and chickpea and lentil dip....a new one that Tesco have brought out and I really liked...so I just know they'll discontinue it! :rolleyes: 2 mini babybel lights.

Dinner - Home made pizza, salad and half a baked potato with butter. Followed by apple and blackcurrant crumble and custard.

Snacks - 4 miniature heroes
2 fruit yoyos

Sunday - UD

Breakfast - All bran and semi skimmed milk

Sunday Dinner - Butternut squash, sweet potato and bean soup. Baked chicken fillet in a thai red curry type sauce with rice and vegetables.

Tea - 2 wholemeal rolls with 2 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, butter and cranberry jelly.

Snacks - Cereal bar
Peaches with natural greek yogurt and two tsps of maple syrup
Crisps...an individual sized bag :p

Would really like to be in the 14s on Saturday weigh in. I haven't seen 14 anything in about 5 years :eek: Just going to continue as I have been and not try and cut corners.

Hello :)

I've just read all the way through your diary, and it's so nice to read about how well it's working for you! I also love your positivity!

I'm on my first ever DD and it's going well so far, but tonight will be the test as I don't generally eat much during the day anyway.

I am hoping that this is something that I can stick with long term, as I need to lose at least 12 stone. Aim is to lose 5 stone this year, and so far I'm 7lbs down :)

I look forward to keeping up with your diary, and so happy that you decided to continue writing it :)

Jo
X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi there I have just read through your diary too and this is also my first ever DD. Going well so far. Really well done on your loss, it's so encouraging to see that this plan works as I do feel it's something that is very doable for me.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks both of you x It's nice to have some more company on here! Really hope the plan works out well for you :)

Monday - DD

All bran and skimmed milk - 197 calories
Udon noodles with spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms with garlic and chilli - 265 calories
Coke zero - 5 calories
Light laughing cow triangle - 25 calories

Today's calories - 492

Still full of the cold and can barely taste anything :( Knew I'd put too much chilli in dinner when my lips and tongue started burning!

I hope you feel better soon, colds are rotten :(

Can I ask what Udon noodles are please? Are they a brand or a type of noodle? Thanks :)

Back