Stirky's JUDDD journey!

Hi Katie, yes Iris is great! Love her posts, I often lurk around on the cc board as that's what I was planning on changing to when I get nearer my goal, but will see now how JUDDD goes :)

Yes having a great weekend thanks. Fab day yesterday, still eating the same type of things on up days as don't want to get into that mind set that I can eat whatever I like, else I will and I'll end up consuming way too many calories lol! But actually had breakfast and chicken salad roll for lunch, rather than the slimfast shakes I'm used to having, so that was nice :)

Down day today, but feeling great so far. Wasn't hungry when I got up, so went and did horses first and just had water. Now just had 3 crackerbread with cheese spread and cucumber and a cup of green tea. Only 86 cals :) Will probably wait not until later this afternoon for lunch, usually have lunch at 12. So far so good, but will see how I am this evening lol, have my jelly in the fridge for later :D

Yes you should give it a try, it's not as hard as I thought it would be, but still early days lol. Although I've always found any plan to be harder at the start and once I get into it and stick to it, it gets easier. So hopefully this one will too, quite ok at the mo!

Sun 6th Sept

SUN: DD (472) 100% woo-hoo! :D

I don't feel like I've been too healthy today lol! I was intending to have fruit for one of my snacks, but ended up having two packets of snacks instead which I never usually do and two cans of coke another thing I never normally do, don't even have them everyday usually! Was going to have more green tea instead. Oh well, not too bad. Don't feel hungry which is the good thing. It's worrying that I'm finding this a lot easier than I thought it would be! Just hope it doesn't get tougher!!!

Water: 3 1/2 litres

Mid-morning: 3 x crackerbread with cheese spread and cucumber 86
Green tea
Lun: Salad with 4 slices chicken 78
Sn: Skips 89
Can diet coke 1
Din: WW Tomato soup 74
1 x crispbake 29
Eve: Jelly 32
Walkers french fries 82
Can of coke 1

Last edited:
Well done on 100%, looks like you have eaten more than me for less calories. :eek: Really need to have a look and pinch some ideas. Jelly looks a must for next time I go shopping. Heres to tomorrows UD :D

Yes it is surprising how much you can eat for under 500 cals. Think the key to this diet is planning, if I decide what I'm going to eat first thing then it's easier to stick to, rather than be hungry just grab something and realise you haven't got that many cals left. I was thinking about using my slimfast shakes on dds, but they have 217 or 223 cals in each, so would have to survive the day on just two shakes. Think I'd rather plan it out and eat food, although maybe just having two shakes you wouldn't feel hungry at all. May give it a go one day and see! I do love my slimfast shakes lol!

Yes the jelly is great!!! I had strawberry tonight, yummy! Have a great day tomorrow!

Just having a cup of green tea before bed. Love green tea, have the one with jasmine this evening, no cals too, can't get better than that lol!

What does green tea taste like? Reminds me of nettles :ignore: lol. I know what you are saying about the shakes, and I know you shouldn't, but I made my slimfast shakes with water and a dash of milk and they work out at about 120ish calories. :)

I love green tea, just make it nice and light and use the tea bag again next time :D Sometimes I'll even use mine three times lol! It's very refreshing, and the one with jasmine or lemon is lighter tasting and nicer than the plain green tea (although I like that too).

Never made the shakes up with water and milk, how do they taste?

Thanks I will give the tea a go, I can only try I suppose.

The shakes are OK but you may have to play with the milk amount for you taste to start with. They obviously are not as rich but saving 100 calories is well worth it.

I also take multi vitamins to be on the safe side when dieting. Not sure if anyone else does? They can't do any harm and I get mine from Morrisons, 4 months worth for about £1.50!

Yes I always take multi vits too. I get tesco own brand which are around the same sort of price I think.

Stirky, great examples of what you can do with less than 500 cals to play with!

Thanks Karen, really trying to plan my days out well. I'm not actually feeling hungry, thought I would. Today is an up day and I haven't eaten that much but feel really stuffed! Not that I'm complaining :D Off to do my workout in a bit :)

Monday 7th Sept

Finished my up day, had my 45 min workout and feel good although feel like I've eaten too much today! Think next up day I'm going to have my slimfast shake for breakfast and maybe even one for lunch. Also thinking of having a shake tomorrow on my dd and see how I feel on that, last two dd's have been great with what I've eaten :)

Actually looking forward to my dd tomorrow, up days are nice but keep feeling guilty that I'm eating, lol! Doesn't feel like you're actually on a plan to lose weight which is the weird thing. Just got to get into the swing of it and it'll be fine :)

Last edited:
Doesn't feel like you're actually on a plan to lose weight which is the weird thing.
I feel the same. Have tried ALL the diets and this one I just class as an eating plan......strange.:confused: Well done on your UD:)

Tues 8th Sept

Down day today, it's 1.30pm and I'm just sitting down to a nice bowl of WW tomato soup with two crackerbread, weird thing is this'll be the first thing I've had all day :eek: Haven't felt hungry, just feel now like I should eat.

Even went to two supermarkets this morning and no temptations at all! Gave my son his lunch, and just given him and my daughter a biscuit and still not tempted! Even when I was on slimfast I couldn't resist a sneaky biscuit now and again!

I was thinking I'd just have two slimfast shakes today, but now I've got here I've decided I'll go the same way as my other down days and have sensible low cal options instead. Don't know how I'd cope with just two shakes lol!

Hope everybody else is having a good day, I'll report back later :)

Last edited:
Hey hon, sounds like you've got it well under control. You don't have to eat on a DD if you're not hungry btw - the reason they went with the 20% figure is that most people wouldn't be able to fast for a whole day. So you can either eat your 20% cals or not, it's up to you; what keeps your metabolism going is making sure you eat enough on an up day.

You're doing great :)

LOl think I'd pass out or become majorly crabby if I didn't eat at all lol! I've been really really tired today, will definitely be an early night could quite easily go to sleep now! I had a really bad nights sleep last night, got woken up numerous times (hubby was on call and went out about 2am, and the kids woke up, plus the kitten was driving me mad and ended up shutting her downstairs!) plus my shoulder was really hurting, don't know why, but everytime I got woken up it took ages to get back to sleep again! So that coupled with a dd today, I'm exhusted! But apart from that been doing well. Haven't been feeling really hungry and wanted to binge or anything, although was glad to have my dinner tonight! WEird as I wasn't hungry at all this morning. Feel fine again now tho and still have 110 cals left for something later :)

Tues 8th Sept

Right that's me done for the day! Finished 100%, definitely not going to have anything else now. Today has been harder than two previous dds, manily due to me being so tired (sleep last night would've helped!), plus feel peckish this evening, but going to have an early night and fend that off! Will prob have another cup of green tea before bedtime. Looking forward to tomorrow, going to the pub for lunch with the kids, my mum and my great aunt. Something I do now and again, my mum and great aunt go every week and I'll join them prob about once every six weeks or so lol. Always felt guilty about going when I was on slimfast, would just have sandwich or something and count that as my main meal for the day, having a shake for dinner, or completely end up blowing the day! But tomorrow will be great as I can go without feeling guilty! Yay!

Right todays rundown:

TUES: (480) DD 100% :)

Water: 4 litres

Br: Green tea
Midday: Can diet coke 1
1.30pm!!!: WW Tomato soup 74
2 x crackerbread 38
Sn: Tesco caramel wafer 80
Green tea
Din: Salad with 4 x chicken slices 78
Early eve: Jelly 32
Oaty bar 67
Eve: 1 x crispbake 29
Walkers french fries 81

Last edited:
Well done for today. Thats why I love this diet you can still have your pub meal. Can I come too? lol. Hope tonight is better for you x

Weds 9th Sept

Yes had good sleep, apart from being woken up 45mins early by hubby's on call phone grrr! Then all the kids woke up, but I went to bed at 9pm and had a nice long sleep so can't complain! Feel much better today.

It's weird how on ud's you don't wake up famished wanting to eat everything in sight. In fact it's the opposite! Since being on juddd I've felt less hungry than when I was on slimfast and a lot less inclined to go stuffing my face, in fact the want to binge just hasn't happened at all! On up days I find I'm eating very sensibly sticking to healthy options and not able to eat loads as I'm not hungry enough. Love it! When I was on slimfast I would have the odd day where I was SO hungry!!!! Then I'd just end up blowing it, not by having a major binge as would never let myself, but by just eating extra 'snacks' and going over my calorie allowance.

I even had a slimfast shake for breakfast this morning and had a banana as didn't feel like anything else for breakfast, well actually I was going to have a bagel with my banana but my little girl pinched it lol!

Off to get the kids in a minute and out for lunch, of course you can come Jelly lol! Lovely sunny day too for a change :D

Last edited:
Back