The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

PP day
B - 2 muffins
L - salmon/prawns/philly extra lite sauce/strawberry mousse
D - chicken/dukan bbq sauce/ 2 muffins/ a couple of vodkas????

Last edited:
a couple of what????????????????

i think she said Vodkas :giggle:

I was going to say you'll be slipping out of that lovely new dress in a few weeks time cos it'll be too big, so enjoy it whilst you can! Then i saw you used a naughty word.... The V one! O my, wash your mouth out - bet it warmed you up though! Lol

2 vodkas is nothing :p ...least you wernt like me and ordered a slinky new dress then scoffed 3 warm hot cross buns with butter & a large bag of bacon fries :( god they gave me a tummy ache

Wish my shopping trip was as successful as yours T - another look tomorrow aft between classes me thinks. Love TK but always end up in the homeware section just love it. Have a good day Mrs x

Ohhhhh Elllllllllieeeeeee!! What are we going to do with you???? LOLOLOL! You make me giggle again and again!!!
Sorry everyone had a couple of vodkas (still nowhere near the Ellie Epic of 4 bottles of wine!!!) I know it was naughty but it was needed. My girls were determined to party last night and I wasn't allowed to go to bed so I really did need the drink!!! We sang kareoke until after one in the morning which was good fun, thank goodness I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours!!!! I did have a very small moment of wanting to eat something really bad, especially as they all went to Pizza Hut but I refrained and boy I am glad I did this morning. Mind you they all have bad hangovers and have just had bacon baps and hot chocolate whilst I sat there with my black coffee (don't you hate it when cafes don't have skimmed milk!!!GGGGRRRR, my personal little bug bear!!!) Have to admit I really wanted a sneaky bite, that bacon smelled sooooooooo good.
Had a wonderful day yesterday with the horses, they were just awesome and the two I rode were fandabadastic!!! I had a grin from ear to ear for the whole day..................Wish every day could be like that but usually after a great one comes a downer so I am prepared for it!!!! LOL!
Will do a photo of 'the dress' when I get a mo to get dressed up and put me heels on!!! I just love it - I even got it out of the wardrobe last night to look at it in awe again and relish the size 16 label!!! How sad am I!!!
Bought another pair of trousers yesterday - well technically not trousers as they were jodphurs but even though they were an 18 I could not get them to do up!!! I HATE the flippin low rise design that's sooooo popular atm, I mean who wears low rise jodphurs for goodness sake!!! Rant over, but please!!
PV day today and muchly excited, marinaded some chicken ready to make curry tonight - going to try it with the celeriac mash so hope I can get past the smell of celery!!!! Realise I might have a tad of a hangover myself, my tummy is making some very alarming noises and feels a bit like a washing machine!!! LOL That'll teach me!!!

Chris, stay away from the homeware - trawl the rails, there are bargains to be had for a 5ft 10 slim jim!!! Also young lady have you considered skirts and dresses - then there is no length issue!!!! LOL x

I hate jods like that too trudy... you end up with your butt on show when riding.... ive got some nice ladies waterproof canvas ones in stock ;) with a full legnth waist lol... i need to sort through my jods as most are too big for me... starting to wish id never sold the small ones that i thought id never get into LOL

Chris, stay away from the homeware - trawl the rails, there are bargains to be had for a 5ft 10 slim jim!!! Also young lady have you considered skirts and dresses - then there is no length issue!!!! LOL x

OH NO - dont do skirts or dresses - (Ms Olive Oil lady friend of Popeye look) but still a length issue im afraid cant afford Long Tall Sally they are too long anyway - just cant win :cry:

I HATE low-rise, and low-rise jodphurs must be the worst! Well done for not going to Pizza Hut, that is great self-control with a drink in you!!!!! How's the curry?

PV day
B - 2 muffins
L - chicken with bbq sauce/ tuna with maya dressing/quark and tomato
D - BNS/Cauliflower/Chicken/Spinach curry/ 2 muffins

Curry was okay CD but must have done something different as not as tasty as normal???? Also didn't make the celeriac mash as was too tired and cold to do anything other than throw the curry together. One thing I hate since losing weight is how I can't tolerate the cold weather!!! GRRRRR - honestly today was one that just chilled you to the bone. Last job of the day was to pick up our HGV lorry from the garage - I could hardly drive it cos I was sooooo cold!!!!! Also out of practice cos it's winter time so literally drove like a moron for the first couple of miles!!! Worst thing was my dyslexia kicked in big time at the garage and I could just not understand how the guy wanted me to reverse the lorry out of the bay - in the end he took pity at my total lack of a brain and did it for me - what a girl - so sorry ladies!!! LOL.
Thanks to riding again I have found my seat bones again and wish I hadn't - went to ride today and realised just how saddle sore I was - not fun and defo need to get some jodhs because I have bruises all the way up my legs from riding in jeans!!!! Just had a soak in the bath to try and ease the pain - I am a sorry state tbh!!!
Really want to watch Masterchef and One Born Every Minute but not sure I can stay awake that long!! That tired that I haven't even admired my dress today never mind put it on!!!! Ah well my bed is defo calling so nite nite all!!!

Got up feeling a bit more chipper than last night. Horses have all been stars again today - sooooo lucky to work such nice horses. Best Boy had his first session of work since his operation and despite having been in a stable for over two weeks he was amazing......... leg has healed a treat and he is sound!!! YAY. My legs are not healing so well - defo need some jodhs cos they are chaffing really badly!!! Ouch. Love riding again and the horses are enjoying it too!
Just attempting the beef joint in Diet Coke which I hope will be yummy, rubbed in some pepper and garlic first and it smells nice but not sure how tender or moist it will be???? Justed turned the cooker down to low for the afternoon so we will see what we have at the end of the day............. Will let you know the verdict.
Made muffins with Goji berries today and was pleasantly suprised - quite nice in fact. Might be a permanant addition to the diet!!! Just off for lunch now, chicken wrapped in lean ham with dukan bbq sauce!!! Yum...

Slow cooked beef was okay but think that I will try it again but strip the fat from the meat first - v tender and will be lovely tomorrow with some veg but on it's own with nothing it was a bit boring!!!
Anyway PP day today:-
B - 2 muffins
L - chicken wrapped in lean ham with dukan bbq sauce/ strawberry mousse
D - slow cooked beef/2 muffins

Tried on 'the dress' for my friend and she loved it!!! She in turn tried on the LBD that is my target dress for me to see and - boy I have a way to go before that one will fit!!! Something to look forward to! Hope we don't get the predicted snow tonight!!! Horses and snow = no fun!!!

Hi Trudy,

Really enjoying reading your diary! Your before and after pics are fantastic and great motivation for me as I'm on my 4th week. I can't wait for 'after'!

Maybe there should be a before and after picture thread to help us all stay inspired no matter what stage of the diet we're at?

Gem

Thanks Gem, I think there is a before and after thread somewhere on the forum???? Not sure tho! I see you and I have the same target weight!!! Race you there!!! LOL - it's a great diet, hard work at times but sooooo worth it. Well done for getting four weeks under your belt, I remember when I had done four weeks I felt like I had been on the diet for every - now it is just part of everyday life!!! x

morning trudy, hows the weather with you ?? I had my caramel apple muffins this morning again :p the flavour has really grown on me ;) going to try the nougat later in my yoghurt and will make more muffins for over the weekend

Ellie, weather cold and wet and the boiler gone out so I am freezing my butt off! My hands and feet are suffering!! We are all jumping around to get warm. Horses are a little bit stiff and miserable cos of the lack of sun and the damp!! Just about to ride on of our big horses for the first time - shes 16.2hh and I am a little bit scared - she is v hot!!! LOL........... never know might chicken out!!! I haven't tried the nougat yet, quite taken with my goji berry and vanilla ones so might stick to them for a bit!!! Can't wait to be cocooned up in a spa next week and stay warm and inside for three days - you watch the mare will foal and my boss has decided to stay at the farm whilst I am away which means all hell could break loose and she will be on the phone or changing everything whilst I am gone, now that drives me nuts!!!! LOL x

im quite liking the smell of the nougat :) ...smells like marzipan lol. Turn your phone off while your away ;) windy & damp here... the boy was pessoad this morning and being ridden this afternoon...he will be in a right mood lol

Back