the shame of being me

just read all of
subscribed.gif
Willowfire365's diary and feeling really strong now YAY!

Hi Cherrygem, I have just read your first entry on this thread and I see that things have not changed at all as you are still in this constant roundabout and it is not good for you on so many fronts!

Firstly, locking you out of the kitchen is not the answer, in fact I do wonder whether this seemingly "helpful" boyfriend is actually being a bit of a controller of you.
Secondly, the fact that you have the internet leaves you the opportunity to search for help for your disorder.
Try everything you can to seek out an answer to your problem... what about asking your doctor for some counselling? I found that extremely helpful and I think you need to talk over why you have this need to gulp food down in such a destructive manner.

Hope you will get some help soon and feel much better about yourself.

Take care .... :)

You know very well that THAT is not at all true!!
I must agree with your Gp as I am not in favour of these sachet type diets... sometime or another you will have to cope with eating healthily so you may as well start NOW!!

(Sorry to have insinuated that about your bf but was married for many years to a man who was very controlling so I know how humiliating it can be.)

So what is your next step?
Why are you on here if you don't want to do anything about losing weight?
Have you just accepted that you will always be the way you are?? ... I don't think so!
Perhaps your problem is more to do with being depressed..so why not get some help for that?

:psiholog:

I am in counselling (as i'm going blind after laser eye surgergy went wrong) i have had probs wth my bf he's the reason i put on weght he cheated on me with a girl x3 times bigger than me, i had a nice figure when we met. That klled my confidence and i stupidly thought thaat he preferred larger girls, so i put on weight but we went to couple's counselling and he explained cheated because he was insecure cause i use to get so much attention wen out. Now i'm five stone heavier and cant allow myself lose weight even though i desperately want to

Glad to hear that you are having counselling, Cherrygem. Do you actually tell everything to your counselor such as the things that you have just told me?

Really and truthfully my lovely, I think you would do well to tell the Bf to buggar off! If he has cheated on you once he will do it again and will always find a good excuse to have done so! You will only get the respect that you show for yourself my woman... believe me, I've been there, done that and got the T shirt!!

What do you think would happen if you were on your own?
Will it be such a devastation to manage things alone?
Keep thinking of more positive things like..
I am worth more!
I can do this myself!

Go for it sweetie and look towards having a happier life...

i love him and we are alot stronger than and if he didnt love him he'd have bolted knowing that i'll be fully blind in four years. he comes to all my appointments and is every supportive. i want to see myself slim before its too late so why cant i allow myself to do it? all my counsellor says is to think about whats stoppin me but i cant find an answer

Just read through this thread and felt compelled to send you a virtual hug cherrygem. My heart aches for you :( It's such a shame you feel so sad and lost!

Maybe you are worried that if you slim down to your original weight your boyfriend will be jealous of other guys attention and you fear he may stray again? If that's the reason and you feel you can't trust him, then however lovely and supportive he may be, it's a very distructive relationship and you'll be stuck in this 'place' in your mind for a long time.

You need to address your trust issues, then your feeling of self worth will return. You need to learn to love yourself hun, you are number one in your life, remember that.

Sending you strength and lots of hugs!

F x

Back