Time to get serious!

Hey crazy diamond! Fab well done Hun :)!
Sorry took soo long to reply been In work that's god your not hungry I'm not and I'm now in ketosis checked with the sticks and its purple yaaaaay!! Things will be easier now, haven't noticed much of a weight lose tho so relying on the scales sat hmmmmn.. Which will spur me on further!! Yes true is expensive mines more again tho cos have an extra 7 products a week arghhhh lol! How's your day been?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gee yeah, eek, that's not good! My cwpc said its cheaper than regular eating, but when a meal costs £1.70 at work for me I beg to differ!

When you say purple- what reading are you getting? Tested again tonight and still getting "faible" ketones are there but I guess I wanted a darker colour. I guess I'm in ketosis... Buy if that's right it means I have been Since day 2 which doesn't seem right.

Today has been great, a few disapproving mumbles from my colleagues seeing the calorie value of my soup earlier though! Had the oriental - enjoyed it, deffo will order more of those next time!

Just had a strawberry tetra - bleughhhh! So glad I wasn't really craving my next pack, had it because I'm supposed to! Hope this lasts!

Gee yeah, eek, that's not good! My cwpc said its cheaper than regular eating, but when a meal costs £1.70 at work for me I beg to differ!

When you say purple- what reading are you getting? Tested again tonight and still getting "faible" ketones are there but I guess I wanted a darker colour. I guess I'm in ketosis... Buy if that's right it means I have been Since day 2 which doesn't seem right.

Today has been great, a few disapproving mumbles from my colleagues seeing the calorie value of my soup earlier though! Had the oriental - enjoyed it, deffo will order more of those next time!

Just had a strawberry tetra - bleughhhh! So glad I wasn't really craving my next pack, had it because I'm supposed to! Hope this lasts!

Yeah, I haven't weighed myself just don't look different lol I hope that I have lost and f not may have to look about giving in :/ I'm sure I have tho been 100% yes very true it isn't cheap is it mines £224 a month! A lot of money for sure!
It's like a dark burgundy colour means in ketosis :) it could be right did you not eat any carbs before you started diet? Yeah said it was lovely that one not all like that lmao!
What day you in now? Yep double yuuuuuuuck strawberry tastes vile don't it !! Yes we'll done if you in ketosis can you taste a metally taste in your mouth? And is your mouth dryer than normal that's some common signs :)

Hi there

i am currently on day two of the Cambridge diet and I am thinking exactly the same as you, am I going to like any of these shakes, soups etc.
i hate the chocolate/toffee bars and the spicy tomato soup. I did however enjoy the choc velvet in a carton and the vegetable soup.
Anybody got any good recommendations???

Love Grace x

Yeah, I haven't weighed myself just don't look different lol I hope that I have lost and f not may have to look about giving in :/ I'm sure I have tho been 100% yes very true it isn't cheap is it mines £224 a month! A lot of money for sure!
It's like a dark burgundy colour means in ketosis :) it could be right did you not eat any carbs before you started diet? Yeah said it was lovely that one not all like that lmao!
What day you in now? Yep double yuuuuuuuck strawberry tastes vile don't it !! Yes we'll done if you in ketosis can you taste a metally taste in your mouth? And is your mouth dryer than normal that's some common signs :)

You will have lost big style, the benefit if being male!!

Hmm... Still not sure about ketosis- it's kinda metallicy, but only if I think about it, and I'm still on the mid-light pink, so I have no idea! Was feeling much better this morning though - we'll see what the sticks say tomorrow!

So that's day 3 over with! What day are you on Scott? L

Hi there

i am currently on day two of the Cambridge diet and I am thinking exactly the same as you, am I going to like any of these shakes, soups etc.
i hate the chocolate/toffee bars and the spicy tomato soup. I did however enjoy the choc velvet in a carton and the vegetable soup.

Love Grace x

Oriental soup is good, has a nice bit of chilli to it. Think ill have veg tomorrow then - shake for breakfast and dinner as I'm running out of porridge!

Do you have much to loose grace?

Hi there

Love Grace x

Hi grace if you dot like the shakes or anything call your CDC they will let you change them :)
You can try different wys mind, another way if your doing SS+ with milk you can add milk to your shakes rather than water? May taste nicer then? Or warm the tetras up like a nice hot chocolate ?? Btw well done for day 2 Hun ketosis will be with you soon probs another 1-2 days max!!! Then it's easier :) spicy tomatoe soup is vile hehe! Bit I love the oriental chilli yum yum! Like a Chinese I also like the chicken and mushroom soup and the maple and pecan porridge is lovely!! Not sure of the bars as not had them yet, have decided if I have a good lose at weight in (this sat) then. Ill have some bars how's your day been so far?
Take care
Scott x

You will have lost big style, the benefit if being male!!

Hmm... Still not sure about ketosis- it's kinda metallicy, but only if I think about it, and I'm still on the mid-light pink, so I have no idea! Was feeling much better this morning though - we'll see what the sticks say tomorrow!

So that's day 3 over with! What day are you on Scott? L

Very true Hun :), I certainly hope being a male lays off hahah ;-)!!!!
I will post what ever I have lost sat let's hope it is good.. Aww that means your in ketosis and hydrated mine was purple meaning in ketosis and dehydrated lol!
One thing as well, there's no stages to ketosis it's just your in or your out simple, so showing pink means your in :) you should notice your not hungry (as much) um day 4 I think :) x

Hi there

Love Grace x

if you like the choc tetra you can add hot water to it and make it into hot chocolate esp when you are properly in ketosis and feeling freezing, plus I find it fills me for longer as its warm.

hope this helps
xxx

Very true Hun :), I certainly hope being a male lays off hahah ;-)!!!!
I will post what ever I have lost sat let's hope it is good.. Aww that means your in ketosis and hydrated mine was purple meaning in ketosis and dehydrated lol!
One thing as well, there's no stages to ketosis it's just your in or your out simple, so showing pink means your in :) you should notice your not hungry (as much) um day 4 I think :) x

Ah so I actually hit ketosis evening if day 1 - that's mental, especially considering the night before I had lasagne, pizza, and garlic bread! It was light pink then, then the next one up ever since! I am definitely hydrated! You however need to drink more then MR! I'm sure you were reciting the 'drink yourself slim'. Mantra!

Oh and on the maple and pecan porridge - I had a colleague in the office sniffing the air saying thu could smell something really nice like fudge - which turned out to be my porridge when I gave her a sniff lol

Ah, fun with Ketostix.

First of all, any shade of pink means you're definitely in ketosis. Dark pink doesn't necessarily mean you're dehydrated though. It means there's high concentration of ketones in your urine. Now, that might be because you haven't drunk enough. But it also happens a lot at the beginning of this diet simply because your body is making lots of ketones (i.e., burning lots of fat). Hurrah. So if you are drinking the recommended amount of water, no need to worry about dehydration.

Next - it's perfectly possible to be in ketosis but never have it register pink on a stick. Because some people are very efficient with their ketone production - they make just enough to provide energy for the body and no more. Or they sweat ketones. Or they're expelled on the breath (remember learning about excretion in biology? :D).

But really, you don't even need to know whether you're in ketosis, because if you're doing SS, SS+ (and mostly on 810) by the book, you'll be in ketosis pretty much by default. It's not something particularly magical, it's just an indicator that you're using fat for fuel rather than glucose. :)

Ah, fun with Ketostix.

First of all, any shade of pink means you're definitely in ketosis. Dark pink doesn't necessarily mean you're dehydrated though. It means there's high concentration of ketones in your urine. Now, that might be because you haven't drunk enough. But it also happens a lot at the beginning of this diet simply because your body is making lots of ketones (i.e., burning lots of fat). Hurrah. So if you are drinking the recommended amount of water, no need to worry about dehydration.

Next - it's perfectly possible to be in ketosis but never have it register pink on a stick. Because some people are very efficient with their ketone production - they make just enough to provide energy for the body and no more. Or they sweat ketones. Or they're expelled on the breath (remember learning about excretion in biology? :D).

But really, you don't even need to know whether you're in ketosis, because if you're doing SS, SS+ (and mostly on 810) by the book, you'll be in ketosis pretty much by default. It's not something particularly magical, it's just an indicator that you're using fat for fuel rather than glucose. :)

Thanks lily, that's awesome, something to feel happy about :)

Omg, just stopped off at the bathroom scales on the way back from the loo... I weigh the same as I did this morning - no fluctuation - I like this :)

What I however don't like Is my new bedtime routine...

1) hot shower to warm up (I shower in the mornings usually so I am now showering before and after bed!) cos I'm so bloody cold

2) kit up with usual bed attire plus knee high football socks for warmth retention

3) bed, a little tv/Facebook or whatever

4) once settled and comfortable - go to the loo grrr

Never thought I'd go there but considering buying a onesie!

Ah so I actually hit ketosis evening if day 1 - that's mental, especially considering the night before I had lasagne, pizza, and garlic bread! It was light pink then, then the next one up ever since! I am definitely hydrated! You however need to drink more then MR! I'm sure you were reciting the 'drink yourself slim'. Mantra!

Oh and on the maple and pecan porridge - I had a colleague in the office sniffing the air saying thu could smell something really nice like fudge - which turned out to be my porridge when I gave her a sniff lol

Oo you are so lucky lol!!!
Aw that sounds delish gonna have a nice treat when off the diet :) will keep me sane and always said the food will always be there why give in as your weight will also always be there of you give in :D.. I do indeed need to drink more and I am now I'm peeing water literally lmao!!!
Yes I was and normally do good just in work it's harder said than done such a busy job I'm in lol scared to take leave but have as still got 3 weeks to take by end of feb so booked 6 days off as of Monday :) looooooong weekend for me yes smells lovely and tastes nice to not to fussed on the texture but still yumm!
Just had a nice hot bath and now sat in a dressing gown with Water lol! Soo cold too,x

Ah, fun with Ketostix.

Thanks for that lily very education :), I weren't sure what purple (well burgundy was) so txt my CDC and that's how I knew lol. I DEFFO know I'm in ketosis simply because I have all the signs and been there before :), that's a thing to I swear loads in work today and its cold don't understand changed my shirt at lunch lol!!!
Yeah lily I'm doing SS so got to have lost weight but don't notice a change (visibly) but hopefully have lost (WI sat) x

Oo you are so lucky lol!!!
Aw that sounds delish gonna have a nice treat when off the diet :) will keep me sane and always said the food will always be there why give in as your weight will also always be there of you give in :D.. I do indeed need to drink more and I am now I'm peeing water literally lmao!!!
Yes I was and normally do good just in work it's harder said than done such a busy job I'm in lol scared to take leave but have as still got 3 weeks to take by end of feb so booked 6 days off as of Monday :) looooooong weekend for me yes smells lovely and tastes nice to not to fussed on the texture but still yumm!
Just had a nice hot bath and now sat in a dressing gown with Water lol! Soo cold too,x

Absolutely - What is a few months of our lives to get where we want to be, the food will definitely be there still, so it's not like we're missing out! That's my worse thing in the office - when there is food everyone flocks to it so it goes pretty quickly - and sometimes there are new or in development products and I am in the brainset of "must have that, wont be around for long" or whatever sets in - it's awful, Jeez we don't live in a third world country - food is there if we need it - get over it Ria grrrr (sorry for random rant at self!) ther is VERY little that is going to be a missed opportunity when it comes to food - and if there is some super duper limited edition only around for one month only product - well - im skilled enough in the kitchen - i can probably make it myself if i'm that bothered!

Working from home today, which is good because I cant feel my fingers so may have to sit with gloves on soon!

OK so after seeing someone say something about planning an outfit, I started thinking about shops I can't currently shop in, I immediately headed over to the jane norman website - and saw this in the sale red pleat bodice maxi dress only available in a 12 or 14 - tempted to buy it - it's half price and i love it! but don't know if i should and if i did, which size to buy?

If you can afford it, buy it in a 12!

I am planning on buying a bikini in a size 8 and leaving it hanging in a visible spot

If you can afford it, buy it in a 12!

I am planning on buying a bikini in a size 8 and leaving it hanging in a visible spot

well, cant afford it as such - but when i'm a skinny minnie i'd hate to have to pay out twice as much for something similar :p

and wow, an 8? I could never be that ambitious, fair play! I dont think I have the build to ever be that small :-(

I used to think that about my build, but went from a 16/18 to a 8/10

Buy it, I think it is better to spend money on pretty clothes than junk food. It's what I tell myself anyway. :)

Also if later you don't like it, you could always sell it on eBay :)

I have put some weight on since which is why I need to knuckle down and get back to when I felt my best :) and sexiest lol

I used to think that about my build, but went from a 16/18 to a 8/10

Buy it, I think it is better to spend money on pretty clothes than junk food. It's what I tell myself anyway. :)

Also if later you don't like it, you could always sell it on eBay :)

I have put some weight on since which is why I need to knuckle down and get back to when I felt my best :) and sexiest lol

Wow, that's awesome, I'm pretty much in the same place as you started - that gives me great hopes - i'd love to see that 10 written on my clothes labels! :)

Back