Time to get serious!

Rachel, just read your post and your brilliant weight loss. So well done. I am starting the CD tomorrow 7 Jan for the first time. I am a bit nervous but know Ive got to do it as I need a really disciplined diet. Look forward to keeping up with your progress. Jane

I've just sat eating my leek and potato soup (yuk, not having that again!) with my parents who were eating a chicken breast stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in bacon, with fried potatoes and veg, followed by cheese and biscuits for dad and creme caramel for mum! I survived!!

yuk yuk yuk not a fan of the soups but drool drool drool for your parents tea - excellent and well done for surviving!

Rachel, just read your post and your brilliant weight loss. So well done. I am starting the CD tomorrow 7 Jan for the first time. I am a bit nervous but know Ive got to do it as I need a really disciplined diet. Look forward to keeping up with your progress. Jane

WELCOME Jane as long as u can get thru the first few days and into fat burning you will be flying - theres nothing like the buzz you get from doing it the first time and the best tip I can give you is get to your goal and go up the steps otherwise you may end up like me doing it more than once and you can never recapture the essence of doing it the first time. GOOD LUCK
xxx

Ugh, the leek and potato is repeating on me in a pickled onion sort of manner, gross!

My dads been a bit mean to me this evening, when he has his cheese and biscuits kept saying how nice it is, that I bet I want some etc then whilst watching splash kept going on about ordering pizza (thanks dominoes!) he wouldn't let up, he's got a bee in his bonnet about something, it's not nice :-( I'm gonna blame it on him going back on night shift after doing days for 2 years.

On a more positive note, I've finished 5 days! I can't believe I've not eaten proper food for that long! I'm so proud of myself! And the only grumble I really have at the moment is being fed up of being cold...but there's always a it shower :)

Weigh in is Monday evening, and then after that the next thing I have to look forward to is meeting my new consultant a week after that! I think that'll help keep me on track since I don't want to turn up to a new cwpc a failure!

Hit 14st this morning, so almost at what I consider my starting point, square one, where i was a couple of weeks ago, only now will I actually feel like losses are worth anything - I know, a loss is an achievement but if I hadn't binged solidly for 2 weeks i would be a lot better off right now, i would be the lightest I had ever been in fact! Grr. Ill get there soon anyhow!

Ugh, mushroom soup for lunch, too sickly for my taste - actually as far as mushroom soup goes I'd say its pretty good, it's just that I have reminded myself I don't actually like mushroom soup!

Not heard from my consultant at all since I was asking her a q a few days ago, thought she might have asked how I was going or something, or at least pestered me for next weeks order! Hey ho, I think the next one will be better (fingers crossed!) weigh in and re-stock with her tomorrow x

The more I read on here, the less I think my current consulants heart is in it, when we first met i left her with nothing but the sachets I had bought in a scrumpled tesco bag, she forgot to give me the book so I had to go back for that as well.

Things I have heard other peoples consultants do sound great - photos, measurements, texting to see how things are going, other leaflets and info - I don't even have a copy of my weight from weigh in - I'm glad I was paying attention to the scales! And considering she's top dollar when It comes to pricing I'm not impressed, I wouldn't mind paying more if I was getting a lot of support and encouragement! grrrr.

Lets end the day on some positives - Day 6 almost complete - thats 6 100% days :) and next week I will be the lightest I have ever been since records began, well my records at least, they only date back to mid 2010, but they are lots heavier than now... I estimate I mustve been a teenager last time i was under 13st 8 - I can't wait - that was the weight I was last at in June, and can't wait to be under it - I will really feel like I have achieved something then!

Well done on your 6 100% days :)

My consultant is one of the goodies, I really hope this new one is for you - it makes the world of difference x

The more I read on here, the less I think my current consulants heart is in it, when we first met i left her with nothing but the sachets I had bought in a scrumpled tesco bag, she forgot to give me the book so I had to go back for that as well.

Things I have heard other peoples consultants do sound great - photos, measurements, texting to see how things are going, other leaflets and info - I don't even have a copy of my weight from weigh in - I'm glad I was paying attention to the scales! And considering she's top dollar when It comes to pricing I'm not impressed, I wouldn't mind paying more if I was getting a lot of support and encouragement! grrrr.

Lets end the day on some positives - Day 6 almost complete - thats 6 100% days :) and next week I will be the lightest I have ever been since records began, well my records at least, they only date back to mid 2010, but they are lots heavier than now... I estimate I mustve been a teenager last time i was under 13st 8 - I can't wait - that was the weight I was last at in June, and can't wait to be under it - I will really feel like I have achieved something then!

You didn't even get a weight record card? :confused: Wow, that's pretty poor. Certainly does sound like your consultant isn't all that. Well done on getting through Day 6 - that's a fab achievement. :clap:

You didn't even get a weight record card? :confused: Wow, that's pretty poor. Certainly does sound like your consultant isn't all that. Well done on getting through Day 6 - that's a fab achievement. :clap:

Nope, I wasn't sure what I should have but the more I read the more I see has been missed!

Thanks, im struggling this evening - feeling a bit down about it but its the first weekend I've had on it and I usually spend most of my weekend cooking or baking so have had waaaay too much time on my hands!! Back to work tomorrow so ill be fine, just need to make some plans for next weekend!

Good morning day 7!

Didn't drink enough yesterday - it seems my ideal is about 4-5 litres (inc the extras i add in with ice in shakes) and I only had about 3 and a half litres - I woke up with a dry mouth and have a bit of a headache, and to prove a point - my ketostix were really dark purple - so, whilst at home I have to make an extra effort to drink! Also when getting on the scales this morning I was only point something of a pound lighter than yesterday and there is usually more of a daily difference!

Had what I would describe as an artificial sweetner sort of taste in my mouth since last night - I assume it's a ketosis thing - It makes sense that since I didn't drink enough (for me, obviously not everyone will need 4l!) that my body is expelling in a different way - don't like i, so gonna be shoveling the water in today!!

Weigh in tonight, then last morning weigh in on my scales tomorrow morning - then scales are banned, since I know losses will slow from now on and that will demotivate me. Only once a week on mine and once a week on my CWPC's - they are morning and evening weights so will differ and obviously the morning weight makes me feel better about myself!

So, maple and pecan porridge for breakfast today, then I have a choice of strawberry shake, vanilla shake or choc tetra left for lunch/dinner today.

I've almost tried all the flavours now, so once I've had the last few I will do a complete run down of what I thought of each of them on here.

My dad just ate 3(!) fried egg sandwiches complete with ketchup and butter - I expect 2 of them alone probably had more calories then i am having in a whole day!! There are lingering smells in the house non!

I've just sat eating my leek and potato soup (yuk, not having that again!) with my parents who were eating a chicken breast stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in bacon, with fried potatoes and veg, followed by cheese and biscuits for dad and creme caramel for mum! I survived!!

Well done you :)
Just think when we reach our goal all the food out craving can have... In PROPORTION x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So only had a choice of vanilla shake and choc tetra for dinner, went for vanilla but couldn't bare to have it with ice like usual so thought id try it warm. I am literally force feeding myself with it right now, not nice.

Oh and mum just kindly informed me I have "the breath"

Had a disaster this morning with my porridge - wasn't paying attention and put too much water in so ate slop for breakfast. Didn't particularly enjoy my strawberry shake for lunch either - not a good day. Honestly, just want to chew something right now! Sod day 3 being the worst...that never happened to me, but day 7 is a whole other story!

Good morning day 7!

Didn't drink enough yesterday - it seems my ideal is about 4-5 litres (inc the extras i add in with ice in shakes) and I only had about 3 and a half litres - I woke up with a dry mouth and have a bit of a headache, and to prove a point - my ketostix were really dark purple - so, whilst at home I have to make an extra effort to drink! Also when getting on the scales this morning I was only point something of a pound lighter than yesterday and there is usually more of a daily difference!

Actually, I wouldn't be too sure that you're not drinking enough water - it sounds like you are to me. Yes, dark pink on the Ketostix can indicate that you're not drinking enough but I've had dark pink on a day when I've drunk in excess of 4 litres before. It doesn't necessarily work like that. All the Ketostick can measure is how many ketones there are in your urine. Some people make a lot of ketones, some people don't - they make just enough. Rate of fat burning will be the same no matter how much water you drink.

And yes - knock the daily weighing on the head now! You won't lose weight every day from now on. In fact, there will be (at times) several days in a row where they don't budge at all, then you'll drop 2-3 pounds in one go. No one's too sure why this happens but I've read a theory that fat cells fill up with water, just in case you need them again - then when they're sure you won't, drop that water and shrink. Even if that isn't true, it's quite a nice thing to imagine. :D

Had what I would describe as an artificial sweetner sort of taste in my mouth since last night - I assume it's a ketosis thing - It makes sense that since I didn't drink enough (for me, obviously not everyone will need 4l!) that my body is expelling in a different way - don't like i, so gonna be shoveling the water in today!!

You may find the water makes no difference. It's a classic sign of ketosis. But it does go away on its own after a bit - or you stop noticing it, I'm not sure which!

Weigh in tonight, then last morning weigh in on my scales tomorrow morning - then scales are banned, since I know losses will slow from now on and that will demotivate me. Only once a week on mine and once a week on my CWPC's - they are morning and evening weights so will differ and obviously the morning weight makes me feel better about myself!

Glad to hear it!

So, maple and pecan porridge for breakfast today, then I have a choice of strawberry shake, vanilla shake or choc tetra left for lunch/dinner today.

I've almost tried all the flavours now, so once I've had the last few I will do a complete run down of what I thought of each of them on here.

Your tastes will vary over time. Some of the stuff you can't stand now will actually taste okay at some point - and you'll go right off the taste of the ones you were sure you liked. It's all good fun. :)

Thanks lily, your insights and advise are always gratefully received :)

So... last weigh in on my scales tomorrow morning before my scales ban... Looking forward to my 1 week reading.

Just come back from my cwpc, not quite sure what the result in her scales was as she confused me so much! 8or9lbs? I don't know, I'm gonna use my scales as my official figure since I can weigh the same time in the same clothes each time, I trust that more. I weighed 2 completely different times with her. So proper week figure tomorrow morning.

So glad to have food choices again!!

Back