Triplestep's SW Photo/Food Diary

I've been rubbish at updating food diary because I was busy with a job application & interview to cover a maternity post for a year. I didn't get it. It was given to another colleague already in a senior position. Now her position is available to apply for. No details as of yet, so will wait and see in the coming weeks.

I did okay with food during the application process, but yesterday (Friday) I ate everything under the sun, mainly due to 2 staff leaving at there was a celebratory lunch on for 2 days running (Thursday & Friday) Samosa's x6, juice, crisps, piece of chocolate cake. When I came home I ordered Pizza hut for dinner.

Today hasn't been great either, but I will be good tomorrow :)

I had terrible time with will power yesterday :(
Breakfast was cereal with milk.
Lunch was a healthy noodle soup with chicken and veg.
Dinner was a SW recipe for lamb rogan josh with rice and salad.

The inbetween meals snacking was shocking. Chocolate, crisps, beer,Magnum ice cream :( Writing yesterday off.

ForumRunner_20130527_122328.png

Mon 27th May
Breakfast: Scrambled egg with smoked salmon on wholemeal bread. Tea with milk.
Lunch: Had some of the rogan josh sauce left over, so I added some qourn pieces into it. Had it with rice and salad. Sainsbury's mini poppadoms(6.5) Yoghurt Diet Coke.
Dinner: Ate out, as hubby's 'weekend' started. Beef in Oyster sauce, Braised Chinese mushroom on Pak choi.Rice. Chinese tea. Prob at least (10) syns for oil, then extra for cornflour(1-2)and cooking sherry(2-4) that I can see and taste.
Syns: 19.5-22.5

At least I'm trying to keep tabs on syns. Try hard to be on plan today. Back at work, so there will be a lot less snacking :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130528_070359.png
    ForumRunner_20130528_070359.png
    660.5 KB · Views: 44
  • ForumRunner_20130528_070426.png
    ForumRunner_20130528_070426.png
    729.2 KB · Views: 41
Wed 29th May
Breakfast: 2 Quorn sausage(2) beans, 1 slice wholemeal toast (3) Tea with milk.
Lunch: Ham, cheese, cucumber and extra light mayo (1.5) wholemeal sandwich. Rice cake x2(3)
Dinner: Chilli, herb roast chicken, with salad and rice. Periperi sauce(1)
Snack: Peppermint tea. Hazelnut dark choc 3 squares(5?)
Syns: 15.5

ForumRunner_20130530_070052.png

Thurs 30th May
Breakfast: Wholemeal English muffin(7) with lean bacon & egg. Tea with milk.
Lunch: Chilli chicken rice salad - made with yesterday's roast chicken.
Dinner: Salt & pepper pork chop stir fried with veg, rice. Green tea.
Snacks: Last hazelnut dark choc segment(4?) Glass of milk. Very small piece of bread pudding(4?)
Syns: 15

Hubby is trying to sabotage me - though I don't need much convincing, he brought back 2 duffins -one original, one cinnamon. (Has texture of a doughnut mixed with cake and has a splodge of jam inside, I'll see if the duffin can wait for me tomorrow evening) and an almond croissant he said I could have it for breakfast :(

ForumRunner_20130530_233800.png ForumRunner_20130530_233841.png

Fri 31st May

Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Chicken, rice salad.
Dinner: Macaroni/Cauliflower cheese(7) with lean bacon/quorn frankfurter(1). Leaf salad. Pickled onion & beetroot
Snacks: Crisps(5) Mikado(2)

ForumRunner_20130601_153420.png

Sat 1st June
Breakfast:
Lunch: Roast chicken in a wholemeal roll with lighter mayonnaise(1), leaf salad, Peppers
Dinner: Chicken patty/cake with noodle soup & veg
Snacks: Watermelon, Kiwifruit, 3 choc-chip biscuits(15)
Syns: 16

The chicken patty was so so so dry!! It was a good thing I had it with soup noodles, I think I over did it with the mincing process - such a waste of a chicken breast :( This morning I use the left over chicken patty, mixed in some instant mash potato and some salad that wilted and dry pan fried it- like bubble and squeak... so much better :) The patty was a bit pink because of the beetroot salad.

Sun 2nd June
Breakfast/Brunch: Bubble and squeak with the chicken patty, baked beans, leaf salad and quark. Tea with milk.
Lunch: Cheese, ham and tomato grilled in a wholemeal roll, leaf salad. Diet Coke.
Dinner: Lamb stew, with potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots. A side of roast parsnips, couscous.
Snacks: Slice of wholemeal toast(2.5) with peanut butter(4.5) Mini Poppadoms (6.5)
Syns:13.5

On reflection, the last two weeks have been disastrous for me, I feel really bloated and keep eating crisps... before trying to eat healthy/on slimming world I didn't eat so many crisps... might have had other fried foods and used oil for cooking and didn't use the leanest cuts of meat for example- but not crisps, maybe I am eating them because I can account for them... a bag of crisps approx 4.5-6.5 syns or a bag of chip shop chips... 17.5 syns...

Body magic has been rubbish as well these last two weeks, walked lots at work, but this weekend didn't venture out, except to pop to the supermarket so my step count/calorie burn is low. I'm dreading my weigh in on Tuesday... I don't want to go, I'm sure I've gained :(
ForumRunner_20130602_234239.png ForumRunner_20130602_234316.png ForumRunner_20130602_234153.png ForumRunner_20130602_234404.png

Last edited:
Woot woot! Within my syns today!
biggrin.gif

Syns so far: 10

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast(HexB) topped with smoked salmon and quark. Tea with milk from HexA
Lunch: Roasted sweet potato,butternut squash & chicken couscous salad.
Dinner: Carbonara inspired; bacon,turkey mince, garlic, veg and quark spaghetti
Dessert: Chocolate cherry meringue roulade(4.5 syns) x 2
Snacks: 1 morning coffee biscuit(1) Chunk of cheese(HexA) Soya milk (HexA) Grapefruit, an apple.

The choc-cherry roulade looked a little messy, but it wasn't bad. I only had half the amount of quark the recipe asked for, so I substituted with yoghurt instead. I put the rest in the freezer now as it was all falling apart and *maybe* once it's frozen it can be like a frozen dessert- since I can't finish it all in one sitting
wink.gif

One of my colleagues gave me a batch of her old SW magazines, I spent the weekend cutting out some recipes that looked interesting.

ForumRunner_20130603_220723.png ForumRunner_20130603_220759.png ForumRunner_20130603_220923.png

One day of doing well and 2 days of blowouts is my pattern of eating :( Must try hard not to sabotage myself. This morning I had a wholemeal roll(HexB) with peanut butter(4.5) Tea with soya milk (HexA) and lots of papaya and 2 strawberries.
For lunch I brought a pouch of lentils, will need to pop into shop to get some items to make it a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
Yesterday's lunch: Black lentils(1) with king prawns and mixed salad and sprinkle of feta cheese(HexA)
Dinner: SW chips, gammon, grilled tomatoes, baked beans and an fry light fried egg.
Snacks: Grapefruit, Papaya, Peach, Oatcake(3) peanut butter(4.5) Tea with milk
Syns: 13

Last edited:
Fri 7th June (EE)
Breakfast: Frylight fried egg, lean bacon on wholemeal roll. tea with milk(HExA)
Lunch: JD Wetherspoon's Ham & Cheese toastie (22.5!!!syns)
Dinner: Stir fried beef noodles with assorted peppers.
Snacks: An apple, a grapefruit, 1 cream cracker(1.5syns)
Syns: 24
I had lunch with colleague, thought I would choose something not so heavy, turned out not to be such a good choice. I didn't have any HexA except for my morning tea with milk, so deduct the cheese from my HexA, the total syns for the day should not be so high.... may be closer to 18syns?

Sat 8th June (EE)
Breakfast: Scrambled egg(made with milk HexA) smoked salmon on wholemeal bread(HexB). Tea with milk(HExA)
Lunch: Restaurant brought Vietnamese summer rolls and a Chicken & prawn lotus salad
Dinner: Ramen soup noodles with grilled chicken, minced fish balls, greens.
Snacks: 50g shop brought Indian sweets (similar to fudge, usually made with condensed milk; approx 12syns) WW salt&vinegar baked hoops(3.5) pickled onions
Syns: 15.5

I am struggling a bit. I may need to look at changing the plans from time to time, getting a bit lazy with EE plan, in my head I think I can eat everything, so I'm not counting syns until after I've eaten it, by then it's too late
redface.gif

ForumRunner_20130608_231128.png ForumRunner_20130608_231231.png ForumRunner_20130608_231249.png

Sunday 9th June
Breakfast: Dorset cereal(HexB)with a chopped apple and soya milk(HexA) Tea with milk(HexA)
Lunch: Puy lentils(1) salad leaves,cucumber, ham and some feta(HexA)
Dinner: Pork ribs with BBQ sauce(4.5) SW chips, salad leaves.
Snacks: WW salt & vinegar hoops(3.5) Natural yoghurt with frozen cherries, share of small sausage roll(6)

ForumRunner_20130610_065318.png ForumRunner_20130610_065459.png ForumRunner_20130610_065516.png

Monday 10th June
Breakfast: Chopped apple, Dorset nutty muesli(HexB) with soya milk(HexA) Tea with soya milk(HexA)
Mid morning snack: Jam(0.5) on wholemeal toast(2.5)
Lunch: Puy lentils(0.5) & couscous with green beans, baby sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes and chicken with mixed leaf salad & low fat vinaigrette.
Pre workout: 2 marmite rice cakes(3) 1 skinless chicken thigh
Dinner: Turkey mince with mixed veg and chilli on rice
Snacks: Apple, vanilla cake(4) Glass of soya milk(rest of HexA)
Syns: 10.5

Last edited:
Tues 11th June

Breakfast: Peanut butter(4.5) sandwich on wholemeal bread. Tea with soya milk.
Lunch: Turkey mince & veg with chilli, tofu and a little bit of rice. Mixed in with lots of cucumber and salad leaves.
Dinner: Chicken with mixed veg in soy sauce, served with rice.
Snacks: Hifi Rocky road(3) Pink& white wafer x2(5)
Syns: 14.5

ForumRunner_20130611_224523.png

I had a 1lb gain yesterday. My consultant has given me a personal action target to try and find ways to not to go over my syns and eat mindlessly, especially in the evening or when bored. Don't know what will work, may take a while to work out what it is or how to take control over it.

Hi Babybuffy, yeah I think it's too easy to go over syns :(
I'm going to try to leave my HexA and B for in the evenings or later in the day, see if that works, as the day goes on my willpower weakens. So last night I had savoury dessert; cheese and crackers(Ryvita)

Hi Babybuffy, yeah I think it's too easy to go over syns :(
I'm going to try to leave my HexA and B for in the evenings or later in the day, see if that works, as the day goes on my willpower weakens. So last night I had savoury dessert; cheese and crackers(Ryvita)

Yeah I've kept my b choice today hoping to have shift bar this evening with a brew :) x

Wed 12th June
Breakfast: Scrambled egg; made with 2 whites 1 yolk and milk (part of HexA) Grilled tomatoes, lean bacon. Tea with soya milk(HexA)
Lunch: Ham salad pasta, made with lightest(1.5) WW Salt & Vinegar hoops (3.5) D-Coke
Dinner: Jacket potato, tuna, lightest mayo, grated cheese(rest of HexA and a little bit more(2) leaf salad, cherry tomatoes
Syns: 7

Thur 13th June
Breakfast: Bubble and squeak, with some gammon, jacket potato that was left over. 1 wholemeal toast. Added some extra veg too. Tea with soya milk.
lunch: 'Look what I found!' Chilli con carne(1.5) on some new potatoes, garden/leaf salad
Dinner: Chinese style honey roast pork(2) mixed veg stir fry with boiled rice
Snacks: Grapefruit, Papaya, cracker x 2(3), Ryvita x2- sesame(HexB)
Syns: 6.5

Fri 14th June
Breakfast: Bacon and fry light fried egg sandwich(HexB) Tea with soya milk(HexA)
Lunch: Wetherspoons; Southern fried chicken(10-12?) with salad and half serving of chips(3)
Dinner: Ikea meatballs and chips.
Syns: 20+ I Can't find the syns online, but I was quickly off plan after lunch :(

Sat 15th June
Breakfast: 2 bolied eggs, on toast and spread(3). Tea with soya milk.
Lunch: Lamb shish, couscous and side salad- lamb was marinated with oil before going on the grill (6-10)
Dinner: 3 Fish fingers(6) instant mash potato, baked beans.
Snacks: An apple, a grapefruit. WW salt and vinegar hoops(3.5)
Syns: 18.5-22.5

Sun 16th June
Brunch: Fried rice with mushrooms, lean bacon, mangetout, cherry tomatoes and a chinese style fried 'pocket' egg, with dark soy over the top. It's flipped over to one side, half way through cooking so it forms a pocket and the yolk should still be runny- in this case the yolk broke when I cracked the egg :(
Lunch: Cheese(HexA) and ham on toast. Quark and chilli prawns(1) on toast. Tea with soya milk(HexA)
Dinner: Thai spiced steamed chicken(2)- similar to a Biriyani, served with rice and steamed choi sum.
Snacks: Chocolate muffin- I haven't worked out the syns for it yet- it's a 'light version'. I'd say it's approx 10syns
Syns: 13

ForumRunner_20130616_220128.png ForumRunner_20130616_220223.png ForumRunner_20130616_220249.png ForumRunner_20130616_220440.png ForumRunner_20130616_220504.png ForumRunner_20130616_220527.png ForumRunner_20130616_220614.pngForumRunner_20130616_220320.png

Last edited:
Back