tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

You seem to be in a good place right now and it seems CC is really working for you :):):) We are at a similar weight. I'm 10.12 right now but I do fluctuate between that and 11 stones. Here to follow xx

Thank you Faith, what are you looking to get down to out of curiosity? And do you have a diary I can follow? It's always nice to read other people's who are in a similar boat.

Weighed myself this morning and lost another 0.2kg, so that's approximately another half a pound. If I keep this up and the weight loss is consistent then there's a very good chance I'll have not just met my 11stone uni goal, but I might even be in the 10s. Now that's an exciting and motivating thought! I don't think I've been in the 10s since I was 18/19, about 3 years ago now. It'll be lovely to walk into class next Tuesday and for at least one person to notice. Sometimes feels like all this hard work is going unnoticed! Even though I've now lost over a stone, for me personally I can't SEE much of a difference, as I'm still in the same sized clothes. However, I can tell they're looser, and my stomach is definitely flatter. I think once I'm able to fit into the next size down in jeans, then I'll start to be able to see it for myself. Keep chugging on xD

Today's food is porridge with golden syrup for breakfast (160 calories), a coffee (31), for lunch I've made up a tuna salad with potato dumplings (351) and not yet decided what I'll have for tea. I've got about 650 calories to spare, so we'll see what I fancy in a bit. Obviously got to leave some calories for my Options hot chocolate :p. These things are a life saver, gives me my sweet treat at only 40 calories.

On a separate note, I've just managed to fit into my size 12 work pants, that 3 months ago wouldn't even fasten :D Happy days!

tweekedgirl said:
Thank you Karen, it ended up being more of a Chinese style curry in the end but was still really nice! Last night I made a turkey curry with chickpeas and tender stem broccoli, but overdid the chillis a little bit! My stomach feels like it's digesting itself haha.

So, this morning was weigh day, and I've weighed in at 70.9kg / 11st 2lbs :D. I'm actually ecstatic at this! I've been weighing myself throughout the week, and after the disappointing takeaway, my weight's been stuck at 11st 4lb, and even yesterday morning it was still 11st 4lb, so I wasn't expecting this at all. The past four days I've really stuck at it, with at least 30 minutes of exercise per day, and ensuring that I was at my calorie allowance, and now it's all paid off :) There's been the odd time when I'd looked at the scales, not seen even the slightest loss and thought 'screw it, i'll just have loads of pasta and crisps today since it's not making any difference' but now I'm so glad I kept at it.

For anyone wanting to loose weight, and not sure which diet is right for them, I'd recommend calorie counting 110%. I started by just changing my diet and exercise habits, and was loosing the weight slowly and steadily, but since I started calorie counting 2 weeks ago, it's just seemed to give me that little boost. I also love the fact I can actually eat what I want and as long as I'm still within my daily allowance then all's good. For example yesterday I had some nachos and a latte at the cinema, and half a chocolate bar and an options hot chocolate in the evening, and I still managed a two pound loss :)

I've got my timetable for uni now and my first day back is Tuesday the 18th, giving me 10 days to loose these last two pounds to hit my uni goal. I've also got some nice jeans from back when I was in college that I would absolutely love to wear on my first day back! They're a little tight around the knees and stomach, but fingers crossed that given 10 days I'm looking good in them.

Yayy well done im delighted for ya! You be in the 10's in no time :)

tweekedgirl said:
Thank you Faith, what are you looking to get down to out of curiosity? And do you have a diary I can follow? It's always nice to read other people's who are in a similar boat.

I'm not sure what I'd like to get down to but 9s would be amazing! High 8s would be lovely but not sure until I get there as I may be too skinny and that's not a look I want :D

My diary is in the the members diary section and is called "Faith - My weight loss journey" You'll see I've been through a few challenges recently but am hoping it all calms down soon x

Afternoon all.

I must confess, I'm currently sat here munching my way through an entire bag of Walkers Sensations crisps, at a whopping 755 calories! However, I don't feel too guilty, as I've been craving these for a good couple of weeks, and I've worked them into my calorie allowance for the day so fingers crossed that with exercise, I won't even be going over my allowance. Not that that means I can do this everyday, but I think it's nice to have a 'day off' while still technically being on plan. Good stuff!

Well, after my crisp binge, happy to say that it's now out of my system and I'm back on track :) I totally agree Faith, if I felt guilty about every little thing which is considered 'naughty' then this diet would have failed long ago!

I've done my EA sports active workout which burnt 180 calories, and a 75 minute walk which burnt approximately 400 calories. A nice low fat turkey chilli for tea means for the day I'm actually net -300 calories. Going to go and make myself an instant mocha and call it a night. I've just downloaded an app called Endomondo Sports Tracker, which tracks your walking and the speed via GPS. Really handy free app which I'd definitely recommend. Going to get myself a little bum bag or something similar to keep my phone and keys in and might start doing a bit of outdoors running.

Up nice and early tomorrow for a Zumba class at the gym, then a bit of swimming to cool down and then straight to work for eight hours - fun fun. Home at eight where I'm going to use up the rest of the minced turkey for turkey burgers with a spicy jalepeno and red pepper salsa with some veg.

tweekedgirl said:
Well, after my crisp binge, happy to say that it's now out of my system and I'm back on track :) I totally agree Faith, if I felt guilty about every little thing which is considered 'naughty' then this diet would have failed long ago!

I've done my EA sports active workout which burnt 180 calories, and a 75 minute walk which burnt approximately 400 calories. A nice low fat turkey chilli for tea means for the day I'm actually net -300 calories. Going to go and make myself an instant mocha and call it a night. I've just downloaded an app called Endomondo Sports Tracker, which tracks your walking and the speed via GPS. Really handy free app which I'd definitely recommend. Going to get myself a little bum bag or something similar to keep my phone and keys in and might start doing a bit of outdoors running.

Up nice and early tomorrow for a Zumba class at the gym, then a bit of swimming to cool down and then straight to work for eight hours - fun fun. Home at eight where I'm going to use up the rest of the minced turkey for turkey burgers with a spicy jalepeno and red pepper salsa with some veg.

Seems like a cool app. I've got an arm band that holds my phone, keys and my mp3 player. It's quite useful. Used to find that my bum bag used to shift about too much making it tough to run/walk really fast bit then again it was about 10 years old so needed replacing.

Have a great day tomorrow x dinner sounds yum! X

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Been looking at some exercise pouches to keep my phone in and found some decent ones that I might get when I get paid. I've also planned to go out running properly for the first time on Monday afternoon with my cousin and friend, so looking forward to that in a nervous way haha.

Weighed myself this morning and yesterday's crisp have done no damage which is nice. Still staying roughly what I was around my weigh in on Saturday, so hopefully it'll be another shock drop when I do weight in again, fingers crossed. I went to the gym this morning, but didn't end up going to the Zumba class, instead just did an hour of cardio and half an hour swimming. I do find swimming so relaxing, so I need to remind myself to do it more often. Had a tuna pasta salad for lunch, and had tea about an hour ago (finishing work at 8 sucks) which I made a really gorgeous burger by blending the leftover turkey mince and kidney beans leftover from the chilli last night with a bit of salt and chilli powder. Served with some red pepper and red onion fried in red wine vinegar, served on a whole meal barm. The barm made it quite calorific adding on an extra 230 cals, but it made it and I did have the calories to spare :)

Tomorrow I'm up super early as in work at 7am, so planning food ahead to stop and unnecessary snacking. Going to have the usual porridge and golden syrup for breakfast and a coffee at work to wake me up. Dinner will be a soup with two sesame seed Ryvitas. Then me and the OH are going to go to Nandos for tea. Nandos is relatively low calorie compared to other meals out as long as I don't get chips and garlic bread. I won't get chips and garlic bread. No chips and garlic bread. Haha going to have to try really hard to avoid those!

Hello! Subscribed to your diary, hope you don't mind. Although regretting it now because I'm on Lipotrim 100% at the mo and drooled when you mentioned Nando's! Love Nando's!

I have an armband for running with my phone and it holds a key too. The selection is good on Amazon and mine was pretty cheap!

Enjoy dinner tmw night. I'm so jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello! Subscribed to your diary, hope you don't mind.

Hiya! Of course I don't mind :)

Well, Nandos went really well for me. I had about a 1/3 of the houmous pitta starter, and then for my main meal I had the butterfly chicken breast with halloumi cheese and luso beans. I had a small latte for my drink, and didn't even steal a few of my OH's chips or a sip of his coke! So very low carb and quite healthy all in all. However, did end up going for ice cream after but had less than I did last time and it probably equated to a small Ben and Jerrys tub, so not too bad.

I did a sneaky weigh in this morning to see the damage, and I'm actually down a lb to 11st 1lb. Can't complain with that! So my official weigh in tomorrow will probably be about the same, but I still have until Tuesday morning to hit my 11st target for the start of uni. Going to stick very strictly to soups and salads for the next couple of days and low carb meals for the final push. Tonight I'm off for a night out in Manchester, and I'll be consuming a large amount of Dissarono and coke, so obviously that's not ideal but I won't be having a takeaway and I'll try not to binge too much haha.

I still can't believe that just over 3 months ago I weighed close to 12 and a half stone. The more I think about what I've achieved the more I'm confident that I will get to my final goal. I need to think of an achievable goal for Christmas as well. Hmm, low 10s I'm thinking? I don't want to go for an unrealistic goal as I'll be disappointed if I don't hit it so I'd rather go for an easier goal and smash it :D.

Well, off now to do my EA Sports Active workout, burn off some of the calories I'll be consuming tonight ^_^

Low 10's sounds achievable to me, especially since you're doing so well. There's nothing worse than setting a high target and getting upset if you don't reach it. If you set a reasonable one and smash it then happy days!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tweekedgirl said:
I did a sneaky weigh in this morning to see the damage, and I'm actually down a lb to 11st 1lb. Can't complain with that! So my official weigh in tomorrow will probably be about the same, but I still have until Tuesday morning to hit my 11st target for the start of uni. Going to stick very strictly to soups and salads for the next couple of days and low carb meals for the final push. Tonight I'm off for a night out in Manchester, and I'll be consuming a large amount of Dissarono and coke, so obviously that's not ideal but I won't be having a takeaway and I'll try not to binge too much haha.

I still can't believe that just over 3 months ago I weighed close to 12 and a half stone. The more I think about what I've achieved the more I'm confident that I will get to my final goal. I need to think of an achievable goal for Christmas as well. Hmm, low 10s I'm thinking? I don't want to go for an unrealistic goal as I'll be disappointed if I don't hit it so I'd rather go for an easier goal and smash it :D

My goal for Christmas is 8 stone so 1st 5lbs to go! I always forget how far I've come since April - its sometimes really hard to focus on the positives and not the negatives! I love disaronno and coke.. Yum! x

Definitely agree Sam, no matter how down we feel just think back to when we started!

Well after a super amaretto and coke binge, plus a sneaky chicken tikka pitta (possibly one the healthiest things I could have eaten considering!) I wasn't expecting much this morning, was hoping for at least a STS. So I stepped on the scales and found that they read... 11st 0lb ^_^ 69.9kg to be more exact so that's the low end of this pound as well! I could not be more happier with that. I need to go out dancing and drinking more often if this is what happens to me!

Going to treat myself to some carby warps for tea, might try the new Sharwoods chinese ones - they look delicious. And I can't believe I've actually achieved my first goal. For the first time in my dieting life, I've managed to stick to this and see some really positive results. From here I'm doing the Halloween challenge, so I've got another 6lbs to lose before October 31st which at the minute looks like I might loose that it the next 3 weeks. Looking past that, I would love to be hovering around the 10 stone mark by Christmas. It's going to get a bit more difficult from here on out with starting back at uni and having less time to keep active, but I'm going to persevere and not let all this hard work go to waste.

Happy days, I hope everyone else has a great Saturday :) x

You're doing excellent and I'm sure you'll reach your Christmas goal! xx

Afternoon all, hope you're all doing well on this fine Monday morning :)

Just a quick update as to the past couple of days. Diet has been going well but I do need to up my exercise a little, think I'm getting lazy! Yesterday I had porridge for breakfast, tuna salad for dinner and a chilli for tea with a little bit of Ben and Jerry that the OH bought (sabotage!). Managed to resist scoffing down half the tub as I would have done a few months ago, and had a little under the 100g serving size (though I put 100g in MFP just to be safe haha). Also went swimming after work yesterday for half an hour so burned a few calories doing that as well as a nice chill out in the sauna.

Today I've had Weetabix Minis for breakfast, a cup of fruit tea, a small pack of crisps and an apple so far. Going to be making an egg noodle Thai curry soup thing for dinner soon, and not quite decided about tea. Also need to do my EA Active workout to keep up with that. Weighed in this morning again at 69.9kg. My weight loss seems really odd haha, I'll stay the same all week then come Saturday weigh in it just suddenly drops, not that I'm complaining it's just always such a surprise!

Back at uni tomorrow, and though I may (or may not) treat myself to a mocha, I will not let all my hard work go to waste. I will be wearing the jeans I've been dying to fit into all Summer, and even though they're still a little tight behind the knees, I will wear them with pride! And I'm going to refuse to wear my larger jeans out now, so I will not even let myself put that weight back on.

So, setting off for my first day of Uni in one hour, and wearing my new (old haha) jeans! I'm in three days a week, so I'll be aiming to walk a least 2/3 days. I also would like to keep up with the gym at least twice a week, and I'm even considering joining the volleyball team :O I know it's my final year but I'd like to say I've done some form of extra-curricular activity and what a great way to keep my fitness levels up. I fell in love watching both beach and standard volleyball during the Olympics, so it's definitely worth giving it a go.

Food today has been a coffee, Weetabix Minis, Morrisons Carrot and Coriander soup and a small barm. I'm planning to have steak tonight with the cumin-crusted vegetables from the Hairy Dieters. I've already done my EA Active workout this morning, and will be walking to and from uni so exercise is good today. Fingers crossed today will be a good first day!

tweekedgirl said:
So, setting off for my first day of Uni in one hour, and wearing my new (old haha) jeans! I'm in three days a week, so I'll be aiming to walk a least 2/3 days. I also would like to keep up with the gym at least twice a week, and I'm even considering joining the volleyball team :O I know it's my final year but I'd like to say I've done some form of extra-curricular activity and what a great way to keep my fitness levels up. I fell in love watching both beach and standard volleyball during the Olympics, so it's definitely worth giving it a go.

Food today has been a coffee, Weetabix Minis, Morrisons Carrot and Coriander soup and a small barm. I'm planning to have steak tonight with the cumin-crusted vegetables from the Hairy Dieters. I've already done my EA Active workout this morning, and will be walking to and from uni so exercise is good today. Fingers crossed today will be a good first day!

Good luck :)

Back