tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Good luck missy! Bet you look fab in your old new jeans!! Volleyball sounds great, I'll be looking out for you in a teeny bikini at the Rio Olympics ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Volleyball sounds great, I'll be looking out for you in a teeny bikini at the Rio Olympics ;)

Thanks Karen and Squishy, haha, not quite sure about that :p

My first day back at uni was unexciting lol, but it was nice to be back and see everyone feeling much more confident than I did 4 months ago. Only been back for one day and already we've been handed out three assignments which all lead to our dissertation. And I can't believe myself but I actually went to the library, read a book, and then wrote 350 words to start my dissertation - on day one! What is wrong with me, must be this herbal tea! I did have a mocha (tut tut), but I didn't add any extra sugar, and I also didn't have my usual Options hot chocolate at night to compensate for it.

By the way, my steak I had for tea with the cumin-crusted vegetables was lovely! The recipe is here for any one who fancies it, and it's only around 200 calories per serving minus the meat BBC - Food - Recipes : Cumin-crusted vegetables

Today I've not really got anything planned food wise. I've had my Weetabix minis for breakfast and am sat here with a strawberry and mango tea. Going to do my EA Active workout very soon then jump in the shower. I'm back in uni at 12, walking in the rain it seems, and I'm in until five, so I need to have a snack before I set off and also take something in that's nice and healthy so that I don't end up buying any snacky food from the cafe. No mocha today as well xD

Really enjoying your diary - and well done on your results so far.

I've recently hit my target and am now 9 st 10. I completely agree with your views on calorie counting - its the way to go, along with keeping an eye on carb intake as well. This is how I intend to maintain anyway

Keep up the good work - you are inspirational!

tweekedgirl said:
Thanks Karen and Squishy, haha, not quite sure about that :p

My first day back at uni was unexciting lol, but it was nice to be back and see everyone feeling much more confident than I did 4 months ago. Only been back for one day and already we've been handed out three assignments which all lead to our dissertation. And I can't believe myself but I actually went to the library, read a book, and then wrote 350 words to start my dissertation - on day one! What is wrong with me, must be this herbal tea! I did have a mocha (tut tut), but I didn't add any extra sugar, and I also didn't have my usual Options hot chocolate at night to compensate for it.

By the way, my steak I had for tea with the cumin-crusted vegetables was lovely! The recipe is here for any one who fancies it, and it's only around 200 calories per serving minus the meat BBC - Food - Recipes : Cumin-crusted vegetables

Today I've not really got anything planned food wise. I've had my Weetabix minis for breakfast and am sat here with a strawberry and mango tea. Going to do my EA Active workout very soon then jump in the shower. I'm back in uni at 12, walking in the rain it seems, and I'm in until five, so I need to have a snack before I set off and also take something in that's nice and healthy so that I don't end up buying any snacky food from the cafe. No mocha today as well xD

Gona try those cumin veg!

Really enjoying your diary - and well done on your results so far.

I've recently hit my target and am now 9 st 10. I completely agree with your views on calorie counting - its the way to go, along with keeping an eye on carb intake as well. This is how I intend to maintain anyway

Keep up the good work - you are inspirational!

Thank you Greta, we've got almost identical start and goal weights! May I ask how long it took you to get to your target, and also do you have a diary? I'd love to take a peek :)

2nd day at uni went ok. I resisted a mocha, and had an egg salad sandwich and an apple for my lunch. But oh lordy lord I am now in the mood for a takeaway :( Everyone at uni was eating cheesy chips and burgers for lunch, and we have a KFC, McDonalds and a Subway right outside. I've not felt this weak since I started on my diet! I can now definitely see how I ended up putting on so much weight there to start with. I can see this being a proper struggle over the next couple of months, but I will persevere and I will not go back to how I was.

I also can't thank this forum enough. I was considering just ordering something from the takeaway for tea, and then thought of you guys and how each and everyone of us has these cravings, and how bad I would feel if I had to be writing this with salt and pepper chips in front of me lol. So instead I came home, made a healthy pasta with sausage and tomato, and I'm currently having my hot chocolate, then done for the day. Think positive :) Hopefully the scales will reward me for this on Saturday!

Hello - yes I have a diary . It's probably not for the faint hearted though : ) come and say hello!

I lost around half of the weight last year using the gym and low carbing. This took me from 15 st 3 to 13 st 12 this January . I then calorie counted and managed to get to 12 st 4 by June. I has then really had enough so decided to do Cambridge diet. That was on the 30th June . 10 weeks later and I'm at target - well below it really ! I'm aiming for about 9 st 7 so a couple more lbs , however I'm a size 8-10 now and happy with this so no rush . I'm calorie counting and going to the gym now with occasional very low calorie days

It's all worth it in the end - and the end is definitely in sight for you !

And I had many many moments of weakness . But when your desire to succeed is stronger than your fear of failure - you can't go wrong !

Another motivator for me was clothes ! I adore clothes and I love being able to pick up anything ( within reason of course! ) and know it will fit me just fine . I always used to wear leggings and tunic tops. Do you know how much I actually detest leggings and tunic tops ? A lot! So it's nice to have the option once more to wear what I fancy

Hi faith : ) so true isn't it ?

I'm also fond of ... ' being overweight is hard . Losing weight is hard . Choose your hard . '

I find that vaguely motivating as well!

I'm doing really good Faith thanks :)

But when your desire to succeed is stronger than your fear of failure - you can't go wrong !

Yes, I couldn't agree with that more. In the past I would have thought nothing about just ordering that takeaway, but now I think 'is it worth giving into the craving for something that probably won't even taste as nice as I remember, and hinders my weight loss'.

Had a quick look on the scales this morning and am delighted to say that it now shows 10st 13lb/ 69.7kg :) I haven't seen the 10s for about 2 and half to 3 years so this is a big milestone for me and a nice psychological boost that I'm doing okay. Fingers crossed that they stay like this for Saturday, or even a little less and I'll be more than happy with this weeks loss.

I haven't got much planned for today, so it's mainly going to be sat here in front of my computer working on uni projects. I do have my EA Active workout planned for later on, so that's a bit of exercise for me. Food wise, I tend to find on days like this when I'm stuck in the house all day, that to plan ahead really helps to keep on track. Therefore, I'm going to be having a tuna salad for my dinner and we'll be having stuffed peppers for tea later on. They're really nice roasted and stuffed with rice, chicken, salsa and a bit of cheese. Really looking forward to them as I've not had them in a while. If I do feel a little bit peckish in-between I've got cup-a-soups with ryvita and fruit to keep me going. Today will be a good day I'm feeling. ^^

Evening all, today is still a good day, apart from that the OH has decided he wants a takeaway -sigh-. I've just got a scallop barm and a bit of shredded chicken and that's it for me. Still within my calorie limit for the day and still enough left over to have my hot chocolate in a bit. He's promised me stuffed peppers tomorrow, so hopefully this won't cause any damage and I'll still show 10st 13 on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Might even do another EA Active workout later to definitely make sure there's no damage!

Talk to me about scallop barms. They're making me feel a bit vomity but take it they're nicer than they sound ? ; )

Might be a regional thing, but scallop barms are deep fried potato cakes on a barm. Carbs on carbs but so very delicious x

Morning all! Today is not a fantastic day on the scales. Official weight for this week - 70.0kg, a gain of 0.1kg! Still at 11st 0lb though, but I'd have rather it been a 0.1kg loss instead! I hope this is not a sign of things to come, and I'm putting it down to the fact that my body is getting used to going back to uni and also that I've upped my resistance training and done less cardio this week so I might be building muscle mass.

On a positive, my jeans feel looser than last Saturday, so I'm definitely getting more toned which is a nice feeling. If I'd have shown this weight and my jeans were a little bit tighter then I' be worried haha.

Going to keep at it and hope this is just a blip and next Saturday will be more promising. I've also taken the scales out of the bathroom now as I can feel a bit of an addiction starting, so I'm going to curb that right now. Food today has so far been porridge with golden syrup and a cup of strawberry and mango tea. Either a salad or soup for dinner, and then a chicken and broccoli stir fry with brown rice for tea. Also going to be doing my EA Sports workout in a little bit and potentially a 25 minute walk and an hour at the gym this evening.

Hey everyone, hope you're all well on this miserable rainy day ^_^

I've had a really good past two days except for some sweets at the cinema on Saturday night, but apart from that I've stuck to my healthy eating and exercise and today the scales read 69.2kg / 10st 12lb! If only they'd said this two days ago! I'm not sure why my weight was so high on Saturday, but I suppose we all have blips now and again, and hopefully I can maintain 10st 12lb and even loose a little more for this coming Saturday. I've changed from weighing myself every morning to only every other morning, as I was getting a little bit obsessed and it was depressing me a little seeing the same weight every day. I'd like to only weight in on Saturdays, but I don't have that kind of restraint haha.

My chicken and broccoli stir fry on Saturday was lovely, and really simple if any one likes Asian style food. All you had to do was fry some chicken in a little butter with soy sauce, add broccoli, green beans and spring onions, cook for five minutes, add some more soy sauce and juice from an orange and then serve with rice or noodles. Really simple but delicious.

Yesterday I had two of those breakfast biscuits, salad and an apple for dinner and carbonara and a yoghurt for tea along with my hot chocolate. I went to the gym first thing in the morning before work and burnt off just over 300 cals, so finished for the day on about 1250 calories food with 250 cals left over from exercise. The OH went out yesterday to watch the Man Utd match, and he rang me before he came home asking if I wanted garlic bread from the takeaway and I refused. He brought one home anyway but I was good and still didn't have any. He said to me this morning he'd bought it because he thought I'd give in once I saw and smelt it! Haha I showed him :p

Today I've started off with porridge and a coffee. Will have either soup or a salad for dinner, and then the OH is cooking tea. He has free choice of what we have - as long as I give the OK! Going to be doing my EA Active workout in a bit, and off to the cinema tonight to watch Looper. We're both being good and not getting anything though.

Also on a last note, I've achieved two minor victories. One being that I've moved down a catch on my bra ^_^. I'm a 36 back size at the moment but hopefully when I buy my next one I can get 34. The second is that I have some size 10 shorts from River Island that I absolutely love and used to wear all the time back in college. When I started my diet back in June, I couldn't even get them up past my thighs and I thought there was no chance I'd ever wear them again. Today, I can get them on perfectly fine, although they don't fasten. Hurray for little victories, and I reckon once I drop another 7-10lbs I'll be able to fit in them quite well :) x

Loving the victories, scale and non-scale! Well done on the garlic bread, that would absolutely kill me! I love it and the smell is so tempting. I always drop weight AFTER a weigh in too, life can be so cruel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back