Veggie and Vegan Team Anyone?

I used to hate olives until about six years ago when husband convinced me to try them again. Bizarre how tastes change!

I made tofu and cashew stirfry this evening, needed to use up the leftover tofu from the lasagne. Had cashews as my second HEXB for the first time as well and you get quite a lot! I really want to add more nuts and seeds into my diet.

missy1978 said:
I used to hate olives until about six years ago when husband convinced me to try them again. Bizarre how tastes change!

I made tofu and cashew stirfry this evening, needed to use up the leftover tofu from the lasagne. Had cashews as my second HEXB for the first time as well and you get quite a lot! I really want to add more nuts and seeds into my diet.

That sounds lovely. I adore nuts but I can't trust myself with them. In my larger days I could eat a whole bag of nuts no problem. I am missing the stop button.

I have sick kids so I made steamed sprouts with mayflower curry sauce. Not as bad as it sounds. My weight is up a bit this week for no reason so I'm trying my usual live on sprouts when times are tough trick. Lol.

Yeah, took a lot of control not to just nom all of the cashews! Love them!

Did orzotto for dinner again last night, it's my new favourite recipe! Tonight is quorn roast, frylight roasties and veg. I need a proper Sunday dinner every so often ;)

missy1978 said:
Yeah, took a lot of control not to just nom all of the cashews! Love them!

Did orzotto for dinner again last night, it's my new favourite recipe! Tonight is quorn roast, frylight roasties and veg. I need a proper Sunday dinner every so often ;)

I love quorn roast and stuffing ball sandwiches. Yes a good Sunday dinner is lovely. I weigh on a Monday so I try to eat light on a Sunday lol.

Last edited:
I think I've eaten my body weight in sprouts this week. I'm owed a loss lol.

How's everyone else doing?

I think I've eaten my body weight in sprouts this week. I'm owed a loss lol.

How's everyone else doing?

I do like sprouts but not that much haha!

Had a brilliant WI last week, lost 5lbs! Couldn't believe it!

Last night I cooked Forty-clove chickpeas and broccoli with caulipots from Appetite for Reduction. Mixed some cheese in the caulipots to make cheesy mash and it was the most wonderful comfort food!

Today I'm gonna make a root veg and pearl barley soup I think - not sure what we're having for tea yet! Something wintery though - I fancy cheese and potato pie or something like that.

Everyone doing well at WI? And what are we all doing for veggie Xmas foods? I'm planning menus and getting excited! :D

Attachments

• image-2125221661.jpg
    image-2125221661.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 37
inventive veggieness

Would like to be in your gang! am veggie and need to make sure I have a good mix of interesting dinners as it's always boredom with them that leads me down the road to cake! Just had the lovely butternut squash and chilli risotto from the comfort foods book. very yummy and filling. love butternut squash and sweet pot soup when i get a chance to make it but any really delicious ideas to keep me on the straight and narrow much appreciated. i've got lots of recipes but could do with some new ones for a bit of excitement! go 'v's we can do it green!

Vegan over here :) Good to see so many veggies on SW, theres a few veggies in my group but no vegans, just a whole load of curious people 'Well WHAT do you eat then???' :)

I'm veggie too! Can't think of any recipes that I can share but could definitely do with some different suggestions.

Hi guys! More recipes is always good - just been sharing some on the veggie and vegan thread in the recipe forum.

I'd forgotten about this one and it makes a lovely breakfast http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/scrambled-tofu/ :)

Did a veggie curry for dinner tonight with 3 syns per serving worth of grated coconut cream. Used passata, onion, garlic, ginger, a mixture of spices, lots of lemon juice and the veggies of course. I love cauliflower and green beans in a curry, with sweet potato or BNS. This one was cauli and sugar snap peas as that was all I had in :( Plus a bit of quorn chicken but I love chickpeas in a curry too. Served with rice and plain yogurt - was a lovely dinner! x

Hi guys! More recipes is always good - just been sharing some on the veggie and vegan thread in the recipe forum.

I'd forgotten about this one and it makes a lovely breakfast http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/scrambled-tofu/ :)

Did a veggie curry for dinner tonight with 3 syns per serving worth of grated coconut cream. Used passata, onion, garlic, ginger, a mixture of spices, lots of lemon juice and the veggies of course. I love cauliflower and green beans in a curry, with sweet potato or BNS. This one was cauli and sugar snap peas as that was all I had in :( Plus a bit of quorn chicken but I love chickpeas in a curry too. Served with rice and plain yogurt - was a lovely dinner! x

I love pumpkin curry. Mmmmm. I might make a curry tomorrow.

Welcome to all the new veggies and vegans!

Hello scatter. Welcome fellow veggie!

Just got some waitrose veggie sushi and it seems to work out very low in points - hope I've not got it wrong - very yummy. Any recipes gratefully received!!

Off for asda meat free mince chilli now

Me too. I am a veggie :) xx

I love the waitrose veggie sushi as its vegan, and the wasabi has a real kick :) lovely stuff.

Does anyone know of any free dried type snacks (mugshots, pasta sauce etc) that are free on slimming world and are vegan?? I am stumped but there must be something out there.

Hi, I've just found this thread and want to join in. I've been doing SW on and off for years and it's time to lose a whole load for me again. This has got to be the last time. Hello every one.

Hi, I've just found this thread and want to join in. I've been doing SW on and off for years and it's time to lose a whole load for me again. This has got to be the last time. Hello every one.

Hi micci
Welcome! This is a very quiet thread at the mo but us v&vs are skulking around! You're welcome to join me on my diary anytime 'determined to be foxy 42' for veggie talk! You a veggie or vegan?

Hi micci
Welcome! This is a very quiet thread at the mo but us v&vs are skulking around! You're welcome to join me on my diary anytime 'determined to be foxy 42' for veggie talk! You a veggie or vegan?

Hiya, thanks for the welcome. I'll pop over to your diary and say hello. I've been vegan for 18 years now, and veggie for 21 years before that, getting more and more vegan as I went on. Looks a long time when written down doesn't it ;) I've never met another vegan at a SW group, veggies are rare enough. Euuurgh, sitting through them discussing different ways to eat the corpses of tortured animals rather puts me off going to groups but here I am at yet another one, feeling the need for support.

Does this group do recipes? I've got one diary linked to on my sig where I've put my recipes, and another more personal diary in the silver members section. Food there as well but loads of angst as well.

Back