Vix New Diet Diary!

vix88 said:
I don't blame you, make it the last naughty day of the year. I'm one if these people that gets as much junk in me before I have to diet lol! I know it's sounds bad but hey lol.

I went back on plan Mon/Tues and my weight was coming back down nicely, but I've really gone for it today, lol. :D xx

I think if you're exercising as well, then 2,000 should be a good gross figure to aim for, certainly to start with, but it's trial and error really. If you struggle to make up the calories, add a few calorie dense things like cheese, nuts, chocolate etc. Personally I can't survive without my daily chocolate fix! :) xx

Im not really exercising but I'll just start there and see how I go :) I love crisps and chips..my biggest weakness lol x

Morning peeps, happy new year too!

I've literally just woke up and sitting in bed..you'd think I was out partying last night! But stayed in with the famo :)

Sitting here thinking what to eat today lol. Was thinking cereal or toast. I'll update my foods at the end of the day or in the morning.

I'm going to a football match later with the OH...the kick offs at 3 and we have to leave at like 1...it's not far or anything it's just parkings a pain lol.

Have a good day :)

Oh forget to add that I'll be weighing myself in a mo. So I can change me stats, I doubt I'll be 15st 7 today after that Chinese buffet lol.

I need help..I've pototoes, and was going to make home made chips (with frylight in my actifry) how do I know the calorie intake? Like do I just weigh a potatoe and then that's it? Silly question I know :(

Safe to say I haven't done the best today..food wise was like junk, but stayed within 2000

will update what I had in a mo :)

Thursday 1st January 2015, Food.

My food today has been horrendous to say that it has been my first day..boo me:tomato:

Here goes..

Breakfast

Activia breakfast pot 160g vanilla & clusters - 184

Lunch

2 sandwich thins - 198
4 slices wafer thin roast chicken - 32
Walkers cheese n onion baked stars crisps - 94

Dinner

4 sandwich thins (toasted) - 396
Flora light 20g - 56
Cup of tea 2 sugars, milk - 50
2 custard creams - 118
4 digestives - 276
3 malted milk - 135

Snacks

Snickers duo, 1 piece - 213
Walkers sunbite sweet chilli - 120
Monster munch 22g - 108

Total:- 1980/2000

As you can see...it was utter junk I had, won't be the first though lol

I wouldn't worry too much about the type of food you're eating at the moment, as long as you're within your calorie allowance. What I did was gradually introduce more healthy stuff, but I do still eat a lot of processed food (and my daily chocolate fix!). :) xx

I wouldn't worry too much about the type of food you're eating at the moment, as long as you're within your calorie allowance. What I did was gradually introduce more healthy stuff, but I do still eat a lot of processed food (and my daily chocolate fix!). :) xx

Its all i can get my hands on at the mo so I just av to roll with it :( im more of a processed food person as it's easier for me lol money and time wise etc. Ill get there in the end hopefully :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's the upside of CCing, you can rat whatever you fancy and so long as it's within cals you should be fine. Just not as healthy as eating fresh and homemade.

Yh I do like it because there's not really any deprivation there lol. I so like fresh homemade meals tho but would be rare for me to do one as time n money etc but hey ill learn along the way :)

Im still miffed about working out the calories for home made chips too..haven't got a clue how to work that out.

Was thinking just weighing the chips after cutting them..but then I dunno the calories for which weights etc..cor blimey im confuzzled!

Hi x

I am not 100% if this is correct but me personally would weigh the potatoes and use the kals for boiled potatoes x and depending on the amount of fry light just work our per spray x

Xxx

Hi x

I am not 100% if this is correct but me personally would weigh the potatoes and use the kals for boiled potatoes x and depending on the amount of fry light just work our per spray x

Xxx

Thanks. I don't boil them though :( all I do is peel, cut and put them in my actifry and spray frylight. I also had a look on mfp but there's always different ones lol. So confusin lol. Thanks x

Yea I would say kals for a potato and per sprays as your not adding anything it's just a raw potato and frylight x

Raw potatoes are 80 cals for 100 gms plus 1 cal per spray for Frylight.

Do you soak your chips in water and dry them before you put them in the Actifry?

I have a little book where I write down the calorie values of all the food I eat - a page for fruit - 1 for veg - 1 for beans etc with the weight I have then it is easy to just look at it and know how cals I am having. It stays next to the scales on my work top.
Find that writing it down is the only way to keep track of what I eat.
Good Luck with Calorie Counting.

Last edited:
Yea I would say kals for a potato and per sprays as your not adding anything it's just a raw potato and frylight x

Thanks chick! X

Raw potatoes are 80 cals for 100 gms plus 1 cal per spray for Frylight.

Do you soak your chips in water and dry them before you put them in the Actifry?

I have a little book where I write down the calorie values of all the food I eat - a page for fruit - 1 for veg - 1 for beans etc with the weight I have then it is easy to just look at it and know how cals I am having. It stays next to the scales on my work top.
Find that writing it down is the only way to keep track of what I eat.
Good Luck with Calorie Counting.

What a fab idea! And this also gives me an excuse to buy a notepad (love buying little things like that lol)

Raw potatoes are 80 cals for 100g. All I do is peel them cut them rinse them with water and then dab them dry and throw them in the actifry and spray them with frylight.

Hey Vix,

Thought I'd join the party :)

With HM food it depends on what you're making:
- With chips, weigh your portion raw and take the calories for that (plus any ingredients you use for cooking).
- For meals, use the recipe builder on MFP, you input all the raw ingredients and how many portions it makes and it gives you the calories per portion.

You also need to seperate weight loss and healthy in your head. You can lose weight eating MaccieD's as long as you're keeping your deficit - but it might not be the healthiest thing going.

ALTHOUGH tracy has lost her weight living off ready meals - she doesn't cook. So you're in good company :D

Stackhead said:
Hey Vix,

Thought I'd join the party :)

With HM food it depends on what you're making:
- With chips, weigh your portion raw and take the calories for that (plus any ingredients you use for cooking).
- For meals, use the recipe builder on MFP, you input all the raw ingredients and how many portions it makes and it gives you the calories per portion.

You also need to seperate weight loss and healthy in your head. You can lose weight eating MaccieD's as long as you're keeping your deficit - but it might not be the healthiest thing going.

ALTHOUGH tracy has lost her weight living off ready meals - she doesn't cook. So you're in good company :D

Tell tale, lol. :D Joking apart, I was going to say that myself - I really do live off ready meals, I don't cook! They're just so easy, and I know what calories I'm having. I just add a portion of steam in the microwave veg and it makes a good meal. My current favourite is the Tesco Chicken and Stuffing Bake at 357 calories. :) xx

Back