Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

I've got the chunks of fat going on with my stomach and thighs. I can feel fat under my skin on my thighs and stomach and I don't reallt like that but maybe I just need to learn to live with it. I was hoping that you'd say that it all disappeared by the time you got into the 10s but seems not! I don't remember it being like that when I was this weight last time, and I can't get into my decent bras I wore when I was this weight last time either (too much spillage!). Must be slimmer somewhere I suppose - I just can't figure out where! :)

If it helps I'm currently officially at 11 stone... So perhaps over the next stone they'll disappear! One can hope. I intend to crank up the exercise once I've refed so I guess that might help too.

If it helps I'm currently officially at 11 stone... So perhaps over the next stone they'll disappear! One can hope. I intend to crank up the exercise once I've refed so I guess that might help too.

Do you mind me asking what dress size you are now hun??? X

Deezer said:
Do you mind me asking what dress size you are now hun??? X

I'm a 12 right now - hoping to be a 10 at goal (well I better be! I keep buying clothes!).

I know! The lowest I've ever been before was a size 18 (and most of the time more like a 24/26). Can now fit in a couple of 10s - but only the big ones - or ones whith a flared skirt (so that it can deal with my tummy!) or something. I have a LBD which I bought from Karen Millen in the sales. Now KM sizing is small so my aim KM size is a 12 (currently a 14 in there) so my dress is in a 12. It is my 'dress of truth'! When it fits me comfortably I'll know I'm done!

WoW! Weasey, read through your diary and you have done amazingly well!! I've said this before in another post I feel ashamed I simply cannot get my head down for at least 4 weeks and stick to plan to lose a stone. 14lbs would take me under 9st and so close to goal. It seems so achievable in comparision to those who have a much larger amount of weight to lose and I say that most respectuflly and do not mean to offend those who have larger amounts to lose. I can understand those who get impatient or even angry with the likes of me that struggle to keep to plan for a few weeks when they put their heart and sould and months and months on their respective plans. I am full of admiration and hope to stick to plan to lose at least a stone in the first instance.

I think it gets harder as you're closer to goal. The end is in sight... Also, once I got to a size 16 and could shop almost anywhere and got lots of compliments it would have been easy for me to stop. I think I would have if it wasn't for the fact that the reason I started this was health related - I have type 2 diabetes and my sugar was out of control and my medication was increased to 5 tablets a day. I'm 43 and it's a progressive disease with some very nasty affects. Where would I be when I was 80? That initial focus meant that I was determined to get into the healthy weight range and that really helped me throughout that 'danger period' whe I looked a lot better but was still overweight. I am now just on the edge of the healthy range and want to lose another stone. That'll put me in the middle of the range and give me some wiggle room if I need it in maintenance! (By the way - within 2.5 weeks of starting the VLCD I was off all of my diabetes medication! Shocking!)

It's amazing how doing a vlcd or calorie controlled diet plan can make such a difference in such a short space of time. 2.5 weeks is hardly any time at all. Well another 4 weeks or so you'll have shed 141lbs and that's what I'm planning to do. Just need to remind myself why I am doing, it how better I feel in my smaller clothes and how much better I look. I am short so this extra stone and half really makes me look fat not just chubby! Look forward to following your journey to goal over next few weeks.

Can you be cured of having type 2 diabetes? I thought it was a bit of a man made thing impacted by weight and diet? I say this because when I got very sick about 15 months ago I had a million blood tests and was told that my sugar levels were elevated and I was at risk of type 2 diabetes in later life, and not to get pregnant as my pancreas would go into meltdown and it would be very bad. I'm hoping that now that I've lost weight and hopefully my blood sugar level are more normal I will have significantly reduced my chances of getting type 2 diabetes if I can keep the weight off.

Opinion is divided on whether it can be cured. Some medical people think it can. One possibility is that my pancreas wasn't working well because it was stiffled by fat - and that my losing it it can now function without problem. Other medical people would say that it can't be cured but that some people can control it via diet. When I re-feed I will be taking it very slowly and will be measuring my blood 2 hours after every meal and pack. I never understood why my sugar was high before as I don't like most sweet things. I think it was the savoury carbs I was eating. It'll be interesting to see if my sugar still gets too high at the end of this and if so then what food causes it.

So many foods contain hidden sugars, even savoury foods, it's quite disturbing. I think the way round it is to cut down on processed foods and cook more from scratch. Here is an article saying just about the same thing (forget the typically Mail like sensationalist headline :rolleyes:)

Secret sugars in your food: From two cubes in a salad to 16-and-a-half in bottled water, what you're eating without realising it | Mail Online

Since being on my break I've experienced those sugar highs and lows and I know that they don't sit with me well so I also need to restrict sugars in maintenance. I'm not going to low carb but I am going to choose mainly low GL foods.

BordersGirl said:
So many foods contain hidden sugars, even savoury foods, it's quite disturbing. I think the way round it is to cut down on processed foods and cook more from scratch. Here is an article saying just about the same thing (forget the typically Mail like sensationalist headline :rolleyes:)

Secret sugars in your food: From two cubes in a salad to 16-and-a-half in bottled water, what you're eating without realising it | Mail Online

Since being on my break I've experienced those sugar highs and lows and I know that they don't sit with me well so I also need to restrict sugars in maintenance. I'm not going to low carb but I am going to choose mainly low GL foods.

Hmmm - I hate the Mail! I have to say that I wasn't surprised by any of that except the chicken korma. I mean - the healthy salad they chose and were shocked to find had sugar in it was a salad with mango! I don't think it was my actual sugar intake but rather my savoury carb intake - which was high. Your body turns carbs into glucose (which I didn't know before this diet!) so it was almost definitely that. I'm going to need to look at what foods I have an issue with and then make a decision around low carb/low GI I think.

12/04/2012 - Officially 10 Something!

So! At last I am officially 10 stone something! Seems a bit unreal for me! So pleased! However, I'm also a little perturbed. That means I only have 11 lbs to get to goal - somehow it being under a stone to go is seeming a bit wierd. Will I want to stop at 10 stone? Will I be a comfortable size 10 at hat weight? I know I can adjust my goal weight - but feel uncomfortable about it for some reason. Also, it means that the re-feed isn't that far away and that is a whole new challenge. Hmmm - will need to mull on it for a bit I guess.

Fabulous! Well done! You must be so happy! Truly an inspiration to me!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

What a Difference a Year Makes!

I went on holiday in May last year and had a lovely time! We flew to Amsterdam and I had a seat belt extension and the usual tilted tray. Stayed in a nice hotel and then off on our travels around the balic region. I had a lovely time! I bought some new clothes for it in a size 26.

This May I'm travelling around Turkey for a week. We're flying again and this time I won't need a seat belt extension, the tray should be flat and I should be comfortable in my seat and not taking up some of the space for the poor people sitting next to me. I should be able to wear lovely summery clothes. Currently in a size 12.

My weight change won't change whether I enjoy my holiday - I always do! - but it will remove the difficult bits around it. I'm so looking forward to travelling as a size 12 - new experience for me as before this the least I'd ever weighed as an adult was 14.5 stone, and most of the time I was at least 17. I also don't care that I'll be eating packs whilst I'm there - I'm on lite so I will have one meal a day. Bring it on!

Sounds great Weasey. I have to admit that I didn't have to have an extension belt but I was getting really close. I used to get pretty stressed before I boarded the plane worrying that the seatbelt wouldn't go round me and then a big sigh of relief when it (just) fitted. Next time I fly like you I will comfortably fit in the seat without the arms touching me.

Back