1000 calorie food suggestions

paula-R

Hi there

Would anyone be able to give me some ideas of food suggestions for the 1000 calorie CD. I'm beginning it on Saturday and need to go shopping beforehand. My CDC will be posting me out the books but they may not arrive until Monday. I don't like fresh fish so anything like that is a no go (although tinned tuna is good). Also I was hoping I could have baked beans but as these are high in sugar there probably best avoided. :eatdrink051:

Hi there,I started the 1000 calorie stage almost 2 wks ago.. 1st week stuck to the plan like glue and lost 7lb..this week I have been really struggling,tried a few of the stage 3 recipes in the book and a couple of them are really nice.. What I'm struggling with is the only green vegetables,pretty much been through the whole list now and I'm bored!!! Also I'm doing ok with the breakfast option but it's the lunch a bowl of green salad leaves with cucumber n radishes!! any recipe ideas would be gratefully received!! It's a great diet and the size of the tea time portion is huge but really could do with some inspiration... good luck with it when you start!!

Hi Racey

I made the most lovely chicken fried rice last night. I used tesco's boil in the bag basmati rice making sure that I soaked the rice after it is cooked (while still in the bag) in cold water as it must be chilled before you fry it or it will go all sticky. Sprayed a good few squirts of the 1 cal oil into a wok with garlic granules & diced onions. I fried those till they were nearly cooked then added an egg fried it until it was done. Added the rice (making sure all water was squeezed out of the bag) with soya sauce light (not sure if we are allowed this or not but it's only 11 cals per 5ml) and chopped pre-cooked chicken breast (Icelands). It really was lovely. I really haven't got around to checking how many calories this was alltogether as I only had this along with 2 cd packs. Well give a try and let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
Back