14 Stone To Lose

Thank you loves :) It went... as well as it could. It wasn't a great meeting, anything that highlights to you how much independence you've lost (for my mum) and how much what I have to do isn't "normal" (for me) is very sobering. But hopefully if she's granted it - the extra financial help can help us get what she needs to allow her to have a bit more independence in some ways as unfortunately disability aides aren't exactly cheap.

I'm pondering returning to the slim fast diet for a couple of months at least as I'm losing interest for meals again (like I did with my acid reflux before it was diagnosed) and need to get a bit more in the zone post Christmas food wise. Not because I'm eating way over cals and naughty things - just because I'm not feeling especially "excited" or "interested" by food right now. I think it might help out :) It DEFINITELY worked last time and sometimes you have to return to what you know.

With twat again tomorrow afternoon, so it'll definitely help there not to have a further excuse to comfort eat :)

Hope you're all well xx

Oh I really hope you get all the extra help you need lovely! There's a big injection of money to social services (so a friend who works in the field told me yesterday) and I hope you and your mum get some more support - and soon!

I think doing Slimfast for a bit sounds like a good idea hun - you've got so much else on and you just never have time to get in the kitchen for hours, and hopefully the break will reinvigorate your taste buds a bit :) xxx

Hi PSP, Hope you'll get more help hun. Slimfast sounds like a good idea when you're on the go a lot. Wish I ccould do slimfast but I like my food too much :D xx

Fingers crossed you get granted the extra funds.

And I think if it'll reinvigorate you then go back to slim fast, sometimes you just need to change to re enthuse.

hi hun fingers crossed that your mum gets the funding love i know how it can be the waiting game

you chose whatever you want love no one knows your body better than you my heart goes out to you seeing twat tomorrow
love hope it goes ok love to you and mum x x x x x x

Thanks lovelies :)

Sadly the hospital visit was one of the worst days with Twat in a long time. He was so angry and snappy with everyone - including the doctors and nurses. He's seemingly back to normal. He had to have eye drops and I was asked to make sure he was okay as they can irritate his eye and make them itch so I did ask if he was okay. In a full crowded waiting room he snapped back at the top of his voice some very rude things and it went on from there. He was loud, spiteful and horrendous for the entire time.

We just bundled him into a taxi and got out of there at the end of it - didn't even entertain taking him back - just told the home that he was on the way (and some of what he'd done/his mood) and the taxi driver took him home.

We came home and did what we always do. Comfort eat. Luckily it wasn't too bad/too over the calories though.

We've started Slim Fast again now - or rather the Asda version of it because I've read good things about it and was tempted.... oh my WORD it is beautiful! It is literally just like having a banananananananana milkshake! I may even blend a bit of ice cream and a proper bannananannanana into it once of these days too. It tastes even better than SF does imo! It's also only 200 cals a shake too.

Ended up having to have a tooth out yesterday too, the one the dentist refilled (because the old filling was exactly that - old - and he thought he should to alleviate any possible problems it might cause.... of which there weren't any!!) back in December. Had to get an emergency appt because i was popping painkillers in a stupid way because I couldn't eat/drink/close my mouth etc without a lot of pain. He could only offer root canal or extraction and because of bad things i've heard about RC I let him remove it. Was painless thanks to the amount of anesthetic he gave me and I napped through the anesthetic wearing off ( and caught up on the sleep I missed through to not being able to sleep with the toothache a bit!) and so hopefully all is okay. Still a bit sore but it's a given.

In a side and slightly weird note - teeth roots are bloody huge aren't they! It looked like the tooth root wsa 5432433 times bigger than my tooth, poor thing :8855:

All in all, not a good week but I'm not going to let those days knock me down - gotta keep going! :)

Hope you're all okay xx

I'm so sorry you've had a bad week, hon. :( Well done on limiting the damage from the comfort eating though, that's great! The toothache sounds horrendous - I think I'd have opted for extraction too, I'm too much of a wimp to choose to have a root canal, lol. Look after yourself. :) xx

Sorry tw@t was being such a pain in the @rse. And eek to dentist stuff. Having had root canal I'm not having it again so think you took wise decision!

I'm loving the sound of the Asda version slim fast especially with ice cream mixed in!!

HOpe the rest of your week is fully of lovely things not more nasty stressful things!

Slim fast and ice cream. . . There's something decidedly wicked about that :-D

Sorry you had such a bad visit! Don't be too hard on yourself about food relief, compare that night with before you started losing weight, I bet it's night and day!

And massive boo to the dentist!! I've only had toothache once, but it was bloody horrible so can only offer virtual hugs!! :bighug:

ohh kym twat i see back to ihis old ways again i see why why do they have to do it im glad you only had a little comfort eat love and stopped before it went to over see you have changed and that twat did not win this time x x

Big hugs sweetheart - I'm so sorry that twat is back to his horrible old ways, so distressing for you and your mum - and bloody well done on having some yummy food and then, as the others have said, you didn't go overboard - which could so easily have happened. I'm immensely proud of you hun! xxx

I'm so sorry about what you had to put up with at the hospital. I'm not surprised you comfort ate, but I bet it wasn't as bad as it would have been before you started on this journey :bighug:

Hopefully your week starts getting better :) xx

Thank you loves :) The crap continues on, my best friend has been in hospital for the past couple of days (discharged a few hours ago) with a severe kidney infection.

Staying up beat though. Have done quite a bit of early xmas shopping for this year today for not very much, bought some more asda slimfast (noooooom!) and also got a few of the superdrug ones to try as they're £2.50 a tub at the minute. Also back to 300lbs so any further loss will have me back with a 2 in the title. Only 7 more to go to be pre-Xmas weight too :)

Bought some of the slim rice/pasta/spaghetti/noodles etc. They're expensive for what they are aren't they....! Bought mine from holland and barrett as they're 2.49 and you get another for a penny (till the 29th) so I could try each variety and see what they're like. I did happen to see the slim spaghetti in Asda for £2 a packet though if it helps anyone.

eat water | Holland & Barrett - the UK's Leading Health Retailer

Bare Naked Foods Noodles | Holland & Barrett - the UK's Leading Health Retailer (also got some of these as they're 3 for 2)

Would prefer a lot cheaper but you can't have it all!

Hope you're all doing well!!

Back