1st day to the new me.

meg85

Today is the hopefully the first day to a new healthy me. I am 27, mum to newborn twins, and fat! I have always been big, even as a teenager I was the biggest out of all my friends. I am also tall so I looked massive. I was bullied bad about my size and resorted to comfort eating. Now I look back at pictures of the size 14 me and I would give anything to be like that again!!!
I lost a bit of weight when I went to uni, a case more of only eating jacket potatoes and not having money for rubbish food. Met my husband in my 2nd year. When I left uni I was a size 14 again. My OH was very active and would always drag me along. But slowly with more money I began eating all the wrong foods, takeaways, meals out, the odd glass of wine turned into the odd bottle of wine. I thought I earned it after a stressful day at work! Slowly the pounds creep on ( more like galloped the rate I was shovelling it in) the bigger I got the worse my self confidence got, the more I ate and drunk. My OH was worried but every time he tried to talk to me about it I would take it as a personal attack and make him feel guilty! I called him shallow questioned his love for me, told him he was a pig for not loving me, and lots of other cruel things. My OH stood by me and god knows how I found out I was pregnant. Sadly this did not improve how I ate, I used it as an excuse to eat more!!! I stuffed and stuffed. Luckily I had two perfect healthy babies, they are beautiful healthy and I am totally smitten. But 3 days after I had them my mum had pictures developed and its like for the first time I actually saw how I looked and its not pretty. I looked at my stunning babies, how they depended on me for every need, and a comment from my mil, about them always needing their mum and the penny dropped! I am dangerously obese and if I carry on like this there could be a chance I my not spend as long as i want with these little bundles............
So the last 6 weeks I have looked at all the diets I can do, I am sure they all work if stuck to! So I have picked what I feel best applies to my life style ( the never be hungry again was also a deciding factor) and slimming world it is! I had the ok from the GP last Monday, and yesterday I started class, I weigh a colossal 23stones and 11lbs!!!! I knew it was going to be bad,

Today I am doing a green day.

Breakfast
alpen bar healthy extra b
Muller Greek yogurt 1syn
Banana
Peppermint tea

Lunch
2 wholemeal bread hexb
Mushrooms
X 2 dry fried eggs
Roast tomatoes

Dinner
Pasta
Home made sauce garlic, basil,tomatoes roasted, mixed with mushrooms, peppers, onions and a courgette. Cheese hex a

Snacks
2nd alpen bar hexb
Kiwi
Apple
Hexa x 3 laughing cow light triangles
X 2 ryvita sesame crispbread 2 syns

Total syns 3

Hope it's all correct

Looks lovely and well done for starting.
Just be careful with splitting your hex a as I believe you have done. I'm not sure it works that way so you can have half of the allowance of cheese then half the laughing cow unless you used laughing cow on your pasta?

Also muller Greek yoghurts are half a syn yippee they are lush

Ah I may have done it wrong, I had x 2 healthy extra a as I thought aloud on a green day. And fantastic at the yogurts being half a syn!! It was lovely. There is so much to take in, was shocked at all the different options open to me x

Ahh if you are doing red and green then yeh 2 hex are allowed

Good luck, just stick with it. It will work you just gotta keep going :) you will be a size 14 again.... Yes you can have 2 hexa on green

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks both. My only worry is I may eat to much, I have a large appetite (hence my reason for being here!) I worry I may not have the ability to recognise when I am full. I am trying to ensure the main part of my food is made up with super free, so hoping that will help. So lucky I have OH support, he does not need to lose any weight, but has decided to kind of eat the same things as me. X

I also have a HUGE appetite. I eat when I'm bored, when I'm sad, when I'm stressed, when I'm happy but very rarely when I'm hungry :sigh: that's the beauty of slimming world.
I just now ensure that when I want to eat (even if I'm not hungry) I have free or super free foods and even better speed food.
Every day in work I put a bowl of grapes or strawberries on my desk and I have something like a quiche in the fridge at home at all times then there's something to pick on rather than naughty things.
Ive usually found that people I've met at groups lose more by eating more rather than skimping.

See I forget about speed foods!!!!!!!!!I may cut up a pineapple and pop some grapes in the freezer. Today I tried to go for a longer walk, popped the babies in the pram, I was so out of breath but did enjoy. My new rule unless its really raining I am going to walk to the shops, it takes me longer to put twins in car seats and into the car than walking. Do you have any expectation with the weight loss? I am hoping for 1-2 lbs a week, is this realistic??

I'm hoping for 1-2 lbs a week as I usually find its more realistic for me.
It really depends how much you have to lose. My colleague regularly loses 3-4lb a week and she eats the same as me near enough.

ive started putting my food diary in the 'food diary' thread. That way I'm less likely to cheat as I feel guilty lol

I probably broke etiquette but I posted my food diary in my weight loss diary as more simple to put it in one place

Food yesterday

Green day
Breakfast quorn sausage x 2 3 syns
Beans
Mushrooms
Dry fried egg
Milk for coffee hea

Lunch
Salad all super free
X 3 Linda McCartney red onion sausages
Salad cream x 1 syn

Dinner
X 2 alpen bars heb
X 1 whole meal roll heb
Egg boiled
Lightest lurpak 2 syns
Yougurt 1 syn

Food today

No breakfast, Josef up a lot last night, so oh let me have a lie in, the result meant not up until midday!!!! It was amazing, I have forgotten what it feels like sleep.
Trying an ee day today
Lunch chicken and salad
Pineapple
Yogurt 0 syn one

Dinner
Sirloin steak
Potato roasted with garlic and rosemary
Green salad with dry fried crispy onions
More pineapple (tasted so so sweet) worried incase I have eaten to much.

Got to night time realised I have not had any healthy extras so had x 2 whole meal bread with a scrape of lurpak lighter 2 syn
And used milk to have a milky coffee x x

Another ee day yesterday

Breakfast fruit salad with muller yogurt

Lunch chicken and egg salad with 1 small wholemeal roll
Massive bucket of strong coffee with milk

Dinner bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms dried fried, beans, roasted tomatoes, and a sainsburys bgty sausage. Had pineapple after, really enjoyed but unsure if I had a 1/3 super free food? Are beans super free? I forgot and roasted some tomatoes when remembered as not sure about Beans x

Don't think beans are super free but they are super speed and you've had salad and fruit so don't sweat it

Back