2012's hopeful diary

Do you think it will catch on :)

Salad Wars - coming to a fridge near you!

Does it deserve a thread of its own? I think so!

I've got Kilner jars, the proper jamming ones. They are quite cheap these days, The R. ange has some really cheap, D.un El.m have some too. Sorry, forgot you are not here!

I think the important thing is the width of the neck, so you can get stuff in and out easily. So yes, why not a coffee jar. Give it a whirl for a week and report back.

I did start a separate thread for this.... see you there?

No loss this week - but I don't think I care.

I had to get the leather punch out and make a new hole in my belts :D

Ta da!

Well. Back at it next week. All should be a bit more settled at work. So a-shopping I will go tomorrow afternoon and stock up for the next couple of weeks.

Skinny soups until I get round to making my own again - I have a chicken carcasse for stock and will have some tatty veg so I nice soup is on the cards. I've got the Covent Garden 365 soups book... so I can't be lost for ideas :)

I've gained about a pound, so probably easy to get rid off. My birthday challenge lies in tatters. So I will reset myself a half term one - when I can remember the date!!

I read your diary, seems you may have some changes going on. I've just been lazy :)

I'll get back on though, I don't feel as though it isn't working or I can't do it any more. I am just really aware that I haven't been planning it recently... too much else going on - is my excuse :)

Sorry - I only pop in at weekends.
I'm taking stock as I seem to have stalled a bit. I worked out my weight loss and it works out at 0.4lb per week though I haven't kept to the plan every week by any means.

I am one of the happy to be patient ones. I have been off plan for a few weeks, gained back a HUGE 1.5lbs and am happy with it. I seem to have found a maintenance pattern, still at least 1 stone too heavy though :)

I'll get back on it in the next week or so, once the new job settles down, and have some hope of losing another stone over the next year. But I am more than happy at the moment. I haven't struggled with it. I haven't felt like failure, ever. I have a full button, a new relationship with food and real portion control. So I am winning :)

I think I am posting this to reassure myself :D

It sounds as if it's going pretty well. It's so much better sticking to something that you enjoy & is flexible (even if it means losses are slow) than being totally miserable with something that results in quick losses but is impossible to stick to. The important thing is that your weight is going down :) Well done for not being impatient - that is one of my worst habits, lol.

X

And we are a whole pound down - so I can change my ticker at last - YAY!

I don't remember having been here since I was about 20 :)

OK. So I had a birthday. I lost a pound. I had a re-think.

I knew when I set it that my goal weight was not a realistic one for someone approaching 50. But it seemed like a good idea to set it and see what happened.

I also had a look at my numbers and thought that 4 stone in 2 years is an almost miraculous feat! If I can make it and maintain it I will be absolutely overjoyed. Keeping the 10st7lb goal was just becoming depressing.

So, I had a think and have decided that discretion is the better part of valour. Pure weight loss isn't really what I ever wanted. I want to feel better, healthier, fitter. So I have made a new choice based on where I am now, clothes size, energy levels, perceived doability and a growing horror at the number on my old ticker :)

So, being more sensible and having gained a whole year's worth of wisdom I will aim for 12 stone and to get more physically fit during 2014. So new ticker, new goals etc have all been set. I have found a women's running club and will join their 10 week programme in the New Year. I'll slowly wind up my exercise levels between now and then - very slowly.

I will probably bore anyone daft enough to read this as I drone on and on about accountability, failures etc :)

(I wish that ticker would change, I want to see the new goals, all bright, shiny and new....)

Last edited:
Why won't my ticker change???

Half an hour I have waited...... change dammit, change!!!!!

YAY! There I am. More realistic. An real(??) end date chosen. I can work at that now.

So, it is official.

Stage One: The Big Loss ends on Valentine's Day 2014
Stage Two: Whatever Next? Will begin shortly afterwards :)

Last edited:
Half a pound down.... I'll wait until I get a whole one before I change my ticker again :)

Ah ha! Made my September target plus a little bit. 1.5lb down for the week.

I am in a happy place - even work is getting to be less stressful :)

Ha! SO happy I stole a pound... I am down 2.5 lbs! :D

Congrats!! :) By the way, I like the way you have your goals listed in your signature...and I especially like all those green check marks! I may have to copy your idea!

Back