2014 weight loss challenge

I've STS this week and I have to admit I'm absolutely gutted. I've worked really hard this week including a 5K run and a 20K bike ride.

I have an implant so don't get a period but have been feeling really stressy and emotional the last couple of days so I'm hoping it's a time of the month type thing and that I'll see the benefit next week.

But even with that reasoning I'm gutted :-(

Sorry you're disappointed KentCat I know it can be so utterly disappointing and soul destroying but try to see your weight loss as an average over one month rather than weekly. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks to take effect. I'm sure next week you'll have an even better loss. Have you taken your body measurements ? Sometimes you can see a wee difference with that even when you don't on the scales. Keep your dukes up honey xx

Sorry you're disappointed KentCat I know it can be so utterly disappointing and soul destroying but try to see your weight loss as an average over one month rather than weekly. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks to take effect. I'm sure next week you'll have an even better loss. Have you taken your body measurements ? Sometimes you can see a wee difference with that even when you don't on the scales. Keep your dukes up honey xx

Fab advice newme, I have had to do the average over a month thing a few times otherwise I would have completely given up. I see a lot of people who do lots of exercise start to have problems with weight loss for whatever reason, but think of the increased fitness, strength, stamina, endurance that you now have. As well as how good it feels when you do exercise. Sometimes when we focus too much on the numbers we lose sight of the amazing non scale victories we have. I completely get your disappointment, I think we have all been there, but you are making fab progress and it will all catch up eventually xo

I've STS this week and I have to admit I'm absolutely gutted. I've worked really hard this week including a 5K run and a 20K bike ride.

I have an implant so don't get a period but have been feeling really stressy and emotional the last couple of days so I'm hoping it's a time of the month type thing and that I'll see the benefit next week.

I can really empathise with ur disappointment esp if ur feeling emotional anyway - u've worked hard this week and we need the numbers to go down to make it worthwhile - but as others have said our bodies have their own ways of working things our and in their own time.

So pls don't do what I've so often done - to respond with a binge - mental! We all know if we carry on - it'll show on the scales the following week - well done for a great week and a big BOO to the scales!

xxx

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. I haven't done measurements to date but I think going forward I might. I'm doing a lot of exercise, cycling to and from the station each day plus running at weekends and so will be toning but I guess also building muscle. I think part of me was so upset because I actually feel thinner. I did try on a top this morning that use to not fit, it was still a bit tight but I could at least get in to it!

I know we've got to look at the longer game but I had STS last week too which I think added to my frustration this week.

As you say I've got to avoid the "sod it" attitude keep on with the good work and hope it shows on the scales next week. I've also decided to set myself a mini goal as right now another 2 stone off seems a long way off. I'm visiting a friend in Aberdeen at the end of May and I would like to be in the 15s by then - it's 9 weeks off and I would need to lose 8lbs so fingers crossed.

I lost 2.75lbs this week - good luck to everyone whose WI later!I've updated the list

TRIMMED List as of 19th March - please update this list

Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs

Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 23lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 24.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 8lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 16lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 7lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 2lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 9.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 0lbs (3lbs on!)
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs

hiya, I treated yesterday as a green day as I'm going to be mainly doing those and red days as extra easy wasn't really working for me, I was just a bit annoyed that on the first day I didn't get to stick to it 100percent. I'm trying to be kind to myself though, had a really lovely three course meal with my other half today and haven't eaten since because I'm not hungry whereas before I would have been eating since I messed up already, so I'm happy little things like that are changing, it's all a learning curve really. The rest of the week should be on plan so I will see how Friday goes. Feeling really motivated again, I wish I knew wh motivation appears and disappears so quickly!

sammy, woohoo on the half stone! I love reaching mini goals, my next one is to break 11 stone and then after that it's to lose my first stone, feel like it's all taking aaages lol

Thanks Autumn. Well it is great to read that your motivation is back as it's half the battle isn't it? You are close to that next mini goal so keep going, you will get there and be celebrating very soon. Sometimes it does seem to take an age to get to these goals but it will happen. It sounds as though a change of diet was just what you needed as you are doing good!

Yeah!! Go girl!! X

Thanks! Well done on keeping up the good work and being strict, it will pay dividends :)

That's me lost another 3 pounds :) not sure when I last updated as I have been offline for awhile. So I have lost 21 lbs in total so far :).

Wow, that's fab, well done!

Sorry you've had a sts again KentCat. It can be so disheartening but I do think in the long run your efforts and everything you are doing will pay off so don't give up, the scales will give you a pleasant surprise sometime soon!

Can I just say, it is amazing how much support is flying around on this particular thread, well done all, you are a lovely bunch of people!!

Thanks :) yes it's great reaching that first milestone, looking forward to the next one now! I agree, the support here is fantastic and it makes such a big difference to motivation doesn't it? So glad I found this forum!
Hi KMD, thank you, yes 1lb off today makes a half stone now and that feels good. You are doing great with swapping your treats for fruit I notice. It's something I can't quite do at the moment, if ever :D Got some ww choc caramel wafers to try for 2pp today, yum! x
Ooh that sounds proper yum, what a fab idea newme! I also got strawberries today and I'm about to have them with some custard but your way sounds much better!

I know! Sorry. I've just realised I congratulated you on 3 different posts haha! Oh well. Congrats! Haha. I've had the ww caramel things before. They are yummy! I also like the 99calorie aero biscuits. They are yum!!! xxx

Sounds good to me. I need to update mine anyway because I put 3lbs on! I could cry :-( Never mind though straight back on it after a naughty weekend.

Keep your chin up KMD. We're only human and need to be able to let go once in a while otherwise it would be soul destroying. As long as we realise that we just need to get straight back on it, then we're fine. Keep going and I'm sure you can do it this week xx

Thank you!!!I know. I'm trying. So disappointed in myself and feeling like what's the point so it's hard to get motivated again but I refuse to fail!!! xxx

Gah! I had a sneaky peek at scales (really shouldn't do that midweek!) and it showed 1lb gain :(

I've been good and exercising again, praying it's a fluctuation and that it shows a loss next week if not this week.

On plus side, I hate my job and applied for one yesterday, who then emailed today to confirm an interview time for next week.

Keeping everything crossed as even though it's a £5k drop in pay it would mean no more working with sexist freemasons, no more working in London and no travel costs as it will be 5 mins from home walk!

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. I haven't done measurements to date but I think going forward I might. I'm doing a lot of exercise, cycling to and from the station each day plus running at weekends and so will be toning but I guess also building muscle. I think part of me was so upset because I actually feel thinner. I did try on a top this morning that use to not fit, it was still a bit tight but I could at least get in to it! I know we've got to look at the longer game but I had STS last week too which I think added to my frustration this week. As you say I've got to avoid the "sod it" attitude keep on with the good work and hope it shows on the scales next week. I've also decided to set myself a mini goal as right now another 2 stone off seems a long way off. I'm visiting a friend in Aberdeen at the end of May and I would like to be in the 15s by then - it's 9 weeks off and I would need to lose 8lbs so fingers crossed.

Oooo I can sympathise there, I've woken up feeling thinner and looking thinner, and feeling really good, then jumping on the scales and not being happy wig the number and it undoes all my happy thoughts about the rest, it's annoying! Measurements would be a good idea I think, particularly as you are doing a lot of exercise. Mini goals is also a great idea because you are not seeing a goal that seems overwhelming, or that seems so far away, when you have. An occasion coming up it can be a great incentive to stick at it, good luck with it!

I lost 2.75lbs this week - good luck to everyone whose WI later!I've updated the list TRIMMED List as of 19th March - please update this list Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 23lbs Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 24.75lbs Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4lbs scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 8lbs latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 16lbs Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 7lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 2lbs Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 9.4 lbs Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 0lbs (3lbs on!) leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs 2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Amazing! I'm sure you are delighted, you are over half way to your goal!!!! Are you still doing success express?

Last edited:
Thanks Autumn. Well it is great to read that your motivation is back as it's half the battle isn't it? You are close to that next mini goal so keep going, you will get there and be celebrating very soon. Sometimes it does seem to take an age to get to these goals but it will happen. It sounds as though a change of diet was just what you needed as you are doing good! Thanks! Well done on keeping up the good work and being strict, it will pay dividends :) Wow, that's fab, well done! Sorry you've had a sts again KentCat. It can be so disheartening but I do think in the long run your efforts and everything you are doing will pay off so don't give up, the scales will give you a pleasant surprise sometime soon! Can I just say, it is amazing how much support is flying around on this particular thread, well done all, you are a lovely bunch of people!!

The motivation is definitely a big thing, once it's gone, I'm rubbish lol. Totally agree about the support in is thread, it's been fantastic to have somewhere to come when you need to vent or offload anything, as well as updating losses and knowing you'll have people who are so happy for you even when it seems like a small loss, because they know what you are going through too

Gah! I had a sneaky peek at scales (really shouldn't do that midweek!) and it showed 1lb gain :( I've been good and exercising again, praying it's a fluctuation and that it shows a loss next week if not this week. On plus side, I hate my job and applied for one yesterday, who then emailed today to confirm an interview time for next week. Keeping everything crossed as even though it's a £5k drop in pay it would mean no more working with sexist freemasons, no more working in London and no travel costs as it will be 5 mins from home walk!

Awww hopefully you can compensate with being good and exercising like you say, and it will show on the scales eventually. That's great news about the job you are applying for, I hope it works out for you, such a luxury to be so close to home! It's miserable when you don't enjoy your job- I wouldn't say I love mine, but I'm content enou, but previous roles I have hated and been so miserable, and it can really take over your life.

Yup so true.

Up until this job I loved every one I had, must be a Central London thing as all the others were local to home and nice people to work with.

I've only been here 18 months, before that I was made redundant but that job I had been in for 13 years and loved it, and before that I did a temp job I loved....for 3.5 years...not quite temp! lol

Amazing! I'm sure you are delighted, you are over half way to your goal!!!! Are you still doing success express?

Thanks and yes I like it better than Extra Easy, Red of Green cos u have red & green plus the 4 HEs and that suits me! Good luck for u on Friday!

Gah! I had a sneaky peek at scales (really shouldn't do that midweek!) and it showed 1lb gain :(

I've been good and exercising again, praying it's a fluctuation and that it shows a loss next week if not this week.

On plus side, I hate my job and applied for one yesterday, who then emailed today to confirm an interview time for next week.

Keeping everything crossed as even though it's a £5k drop in pay it would mean no more working with sexist freemasons, no more working in London and no travel costs as it will be 5 mins from home walk!

Hope u get the job!

Sorry upndown, I completely missed your post about your fantastic weight loss this morning! I did it last week as well didn't I? Anyway, well done you, you are really on a roll! :)

Good luck with the job interview CatA. No you really shouldn't weigh yourself mid week as sometimes it can give you a right nasty surprise. The new scales I got the other day were calling to me today but when I got on they said I was 5st something :eek: I realised afterwards that it was because they had been moved from a hard floor onto carpet but it was a bit of a shock haha! Anyway I would ignore what the scales said until your proper weigh day if I were you, they may well say something entirely different then.

Back