2014 weight loss challenge

Well if you average it out then it shouldn't be too bad, I want to loose 2lb per week to mean just over half a stone a month - therefore as long as I loose 7lbs per month i'm roughly on target for 2lb per week x

I think breaking it down like that is a good idea-I like the idea of a monthly amount because sometimes 1lb loss can seem disappointing, but you could get another week with a 3lb loss so it averages out nicely. I just have a really hard time dealing with small losses, I only lost 1.75 on my first weigh in and I was disappointed as I expected more, but as long as I reach my monthly target I should feel ok

Hope all those who were starting the diet today have had a good start and are still feeling strong tonight. I'm on day one and I'm feeling a little peckish, think it'll be an early night tonight lol

good luck to all those weighing in tomorrow :)

and thanks to Joanne for trying to keep the list updated!!!

Hope all those who were starting the diet today have had a good start and are still feeling strong tonight. I'm on day one and I'm feeling a little peckish, think it'll be an early night tonight lol good luck to all those weighing in tomorrow :) and thanks to Joanne for trying to keep the list updated!!!

Agree with all of this :)

I want to lose 28lbs....2 stone...preferably before the summer x

Sent using little elves and magic

Hi everyone
It was my first weigh in today I've lost 3lb ! I'm delighted as that was my goal it's been a hard week, getting back into it after the excesses of the hols but it's sooo worth it come a happy weigh in day ! Hoping for 2lb loss in this coming week. Bought a popcorn machine today which requires no oil , for me, and hubby and kids to have healthy and cheap evening snacks ! X

hi cans1983 - I'm a newbie and would like to join your challenge as I have 26 lbs to lose - may not seem a lot to some but I've been a yo yo dieter all my adult life and have been much heavier - but my weight is going in the wrong direction again.

If you're interested I've started a blog as a way to make sure I keep on track but to be honest - I'm finding the threads more interactive - maybe my blog is too boring hey! So will carry on with blog but may decide to end it and stick to the threads which I'm finding inspirational and love the ideas people have to encourage others - like you!

But although I thought my computer knowledge was ok - I struggle to find things here sometimes - do you know how I can track you/your thread so I can report on my challenge progress please or perhaps I should a moderator?

Good luck with your challenge - let's make 2014 our year!

Hi Mad Max - notice our weights/targets are similar - I'm trying to lose 28lbs - good luck!

Hi newme 763 - congrats on such a good weight loss - a great start - like the popcorn idea too - have a good week!

Hi - please count me in - I want to lose 26lbs - weight loss nil - first weigh in 2moro - fingers crossed - I'm a newbie - not sure how I find you again but will try and post my progress weekly - good luck to everyone

Hi upndown (love the name!) and thanks ! I've lost 1.5 stone now but this is my first weigh in since Xmas hols :)
I will try and find your blog but I'm new to mini mins and not really a clue how to use it lol ! Have a great week !! X

Feeling a bit nervous for Friday now as me and oh went for lunch which involved a lot of bread. Proud I didn't have dessert though! We are going to the cinema tonight and I hope I can resist the smell of popcorn!my first weigh in was 1.75 off, and I'd love the second week to be more than that but I don't think it will. Proud of myself for not obsessively weighing myself loads of times each day though, managing to stick to once a week so far!

I'm terrible for weighing myself too - can't stop myself from doing it every morning ! I only "count" tues as my official weigh in though !

Hello and welcome all you newbies, glad you found us and hopefully you'll find your way back here too!! I tend to use the Subscribed Threads link at the top right of the page to show threads I've commented on so I can easily get where I want to go...hope that helps.

Some great losses are starting to be reported so well done, you're moving closer and closer to your target weight (eventhough it may still feel like a lifetime away!)

Try not to worry Autumn, it was one meal and we are allowed to treat ourselves occasionally, as long as we get straight back on track. I know it might sound boring but how about taking a punnet of grapes with you tonight? I did this at the weekend and it was nice to have something to snack on during the film

I'm terrible for weighing myself too - can't stop myself from doing it every morning ! I only "count" tues as my official weigh in though !

Sometimes it's good because it can spur u on when you are doing well, but if I weigh heavier at official weigh in than some time during the week then it really bothers me so I'm trying not to do it!

Hello and welcome all you newbies, glad you found us and hopefully you'll find your way back here too!! I tend to use the Subscribed Threads link at the top right of the page to show threads I've commented on so I can easily get where I want to go...hope that helps. Some great losses are starting to be reported so well done, you're moving closer and closer to your target weight (eventhough it may still feel like a lifetime away!) Try not to worry Autumn, it was one meal and we are allowed to treat ourselves occasionally, as long as we get straight back on track. I know it might sound boring but how about taking a punnet of grapes with you tonight? I did this at the weekend and it was nice to have something to snack on during the film

This is a great idea actually. I don't even like popcorn that much, it just sucks me in when I go to the cinema! Grapes would be lovely to snack on, thanks for the suggestion!

Well done on the losses everyone x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay -2lb :)

Cans1983 - pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500 -pledged- 42lbs - lost 1.75
Rosielea -pledged- 21lbs - lost 0lbs

kidston87 -pledged- 21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz - pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
loulou83 -pledged- 35lbs - lost 0lbs
Joanne - pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Ellaye- pledged-125lbs - lost 0lbs
Y2014- pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa- pledged-38lbs - lost 1.5lbs
littlered81-pledged- 55lbs - lost 0lbs
emma30 -pledged-51lbs - lost 6lbs
Chelleb- pledged-100lbs - lost 0lbs
Agnessa162-pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs
littlemissnaughty-pledged - 45lbs - lost 0lbs
Polyanna -pledged- 28lbs - lost 4lbs
HEmam - pledged-89lbs - lost 5.5lbs
Saruk88 -pledged-75 lbs - lost 0lbs
besneys - pledged-27lbs - lost 0lbs
Choppysocks-pledged - 23lbs - lost 0lbs
Lauralozzle-pledged - 24lbs - lost 0lbs
Upndown - pledged- 40lbs - lost 0lbs
Renson - pledged -20kg - lost 0kg
Back2me2014 -pledged - 42lbs - lost 0lbs
Becky1993 -pledged - 30lbs - lost 0lbs
Jo_kate - pledged- 84 lbs - lost 0lbs
newme763 - pledged- 19 lbs - lost 0lbs
dotty_dotty -pledged - 28lbs - lost 0lbs
MadMax - pledged -46lbs - lost 0lbs
Newniki2013 -pledged - 91lbs - lost 0lbs
cf70 - pledged -42lbs - lost 0lbs
Ria. - pledged -26lbs - lost 2lbs
Alderica - pledged- 80lbs - lost 0lbs
bubble77 - pledged - 40lbs - lost 0lbs
CatA - pledged - 47lbs - lost 0lbs

Yay, we'll done!

i've lost 1.5lbs this week so i've updated the Stats to include me :) Well done everyone on their weight loss this week x

Cans1983 - pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500 -pledged- 42lbs - lost 1.75
Rosielea -pledged- 21lbs - lost 0lbs

kidston87 -pledged- 21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz - pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
loulou83 -pledged- 35lbs - lost 0lbs
Joanne - pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Ellaye- pledged-125lbs - lost 0lbs
Y2014- pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa- pledged-38lbs - lost 1.5lbs
littlered81-pledged- 55lbs - lost 0lbs
emma30 -pledged-51lbs - lost 6lbs