2014 weight loss challenge

Yes go for it today - what else can we do eh? It'd be good to reduce ur gain to soften the blow wouldn't it? Have you planned what you're going to eat? Does that help? Sending positive vibes to you - good luck!

My bulging tum feels fatter again today (too much info?) but straight after my cuppa I'm going to do 30 mins exercise - I have a busy day so hopefully can keep on track!

proud of myself for going at it today because previously i would have just said, oh well, i'm gaining, sod it, and then proceed to eat the world lol. surprisingly not that hungry today, which is unheard of for me at work, so points will definitely be stuck to today, so hopefully i can knock a bit of that gain off before tomorrow.

I hate when you feel like that-sometimes i feel like my stomach is a good bit smaller, then i'll get other days where it feels massive and its crap! fingers crossed ur busy day helps keep you on track-sometimes when i'm too busy i end up going the other way as i wait til i'm starving, then end up eating the first thing i can get my hands on lol

Lost 1lb again this week, its slow but I'm getting there xxx

Good Luck all xx

Don't knock ur 1lb loss -much better than sts or dare I say it a gain - I'd have given my arm to have lost a lb this week - thinking about that - the size of my arm would weigh a lot more than a pound LOL!!

Only 0.5 lb off this week... but I went off plan for two days and it's that time of the month anyway :(

Only 0.5 lb off this week... but I went off plan for two days and it's that time of the month anyway :(

That's brill for being off plan and totm!

well done it's a loss - sooo much better tnan sts or a gain - I put on 2lbs this week so pls believe me - just celebrate the loss LOL!

Hey a loss is a loss. Its better than staying the same or putting on and just think all those 0.5lbs add up. I'm dead chuffed for you x

Aww bless, thanks - that cheered me up! :eek:

Had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm up 2.75 :-( I totally deserve it to be fair, but it's still gutting! Hope I can claw back today and reduce the gain by tomorrow

Well actual weigh in was 1.5 gain which is better but I'm still upset, I deserved the gain as I went way off plan for a few days, but I'm finding it so hard to get in the right frame of mind. My target is realistic, I only wanted to lose a pound a week to be at goal by mid October but I feel it slipping away already :(

I know it can be really difficult but just look what getting back on plan did. In theory you did lose weight this week when you reduced your gain.

Last night we had a power cut and because our cooker is electric couldn't make anything and ended up having fish and chips! This morning I had that "sod it" feeling and was so tempted to buy some chocolate. Told myself if I still wanted it when I got to the office I could have some and you know what still not been and got some.

I know it's really difficult but anchor on to that aim of 1lb a week. Brush last week aside and start afresh today

Well actual weigh in was 1.5 gain which is better but I'm still upset, I deserved the gain as I went way off plan for a few days, but I'm finding it so hard to get in the right frame of mind. My target is realistic, I only wanted to lose a pound a week to be at goal by mid October but I feel it slipping away already :(

Hi - I know exactly how you feel - why do we do it??!! All I can suggest is to get back on track and try to take each day at a time and keep posting here - wouldn't it be great if we could buy something to make that that happen??

Perhaps you could have a good talk with urself then plan today's plus the weekend's food - try to have some nice stuff to help you stay on plan - I'm having a chicken roast dinner (hardly ever bother with them but might help to keep me in check?) and Rosemary Conley's chilli (lovely! just google for the recipe if that's your thing too and maybe a corned beef hash?)

I've been thinking (but only thinking) of trying the 5:2 diet where you only eat 500 calories 2 days a week - and I've just read an interesting post about fasting in general - there seems to be medical proof that there's various health benefits not just losing weight.

I was on plan yesterday so don't want to have a v low cal day today in case it pushes me over the edge (not a cliff - more likely to the local shop after scoffing my way thro the cupboards!!) Might (only might try next Tues and Thurs) ...we'll see?

Hope you don't do what I've done so often when the scales bring me down - BINGE - it's just not worth it .... take carex

I worked in

hi hun
i know how you feel i have been like it for 2 weeks no move and feel like there going to go up this week but hey we will carry on fighting love good look for the rest of the week xx x

Allo, going to be getting back on wagon tomorrow with a new start weight (and more pounds to lose I am sure)

EEEEEK!

Autumn don't let it slip away ! Give yourself a wee kick up the bum and move on. Don't be hard on yourself - I lost one pound in the whole of jan with all my faffing so I know how you feel ! I'm so angry with myself too. Just start anew today. Don't wait ! October will come and you will regret not sticking at it. X

awwwwwww thank you ladies, your posts have made me smile and cheered me up-i'm feeling a bit better now, i was majorly feeling sorry for myself this morning.

Kentcat-i like your way of looking at it-technically i lost a bit by reducing the gain-i would have been more upset with a 2.75 gain than a 1.5 one, so i should see the positives in that. You should be proud of not eating the chocolate-thats great-it can be so easy to just say sod it when you've had a bad meal or bad day, but it feels great when you manage to say no to it.

I looked on the value app that i use for weight watchers, and for me to get to target on time, i need to lose 1.1 pounds per week, so i haven't completely blown it yet, i can claw that back i'm sure-my average weight lost since 27th december has been 0.7 pounds which means it would apparently take 54 weeks to get to goal, when i want to get there by mid october-so seeing the stats in front of me sort of spurred me on to get the finger out-hope it stays that way!

Upndown-i think i'm going to take your advice and have a good talk with myself! i know i haven't been sticking to plan, i know that meal planning works, i know that i cave in too much when my other half wants to eat bad-but yet i continue making the same mistakes over and over-its so annoying! i started weight watchers for the first time about 8 years ago and found it so easy and the weight flew off, i think because i've been dieting etc for so long, i'm just bored with it and struggle to stick to something completely-i'm trying to tell myself that if i can have one 100% week and see the weight loss from that, it will hopefully motivate me to continune. you have put me in the mood for roast chicken, chilli and a corned beef hash now! lol. texted my other hald and he is going to make mushy pea curry for tea bless him-i brought soup in to work but didn't realise it had no ring pull and no one has a tin opener-i'm starving! lol. I have read up on the 5:2 thing myself, and been tempted a few times, but i really think i'm not cut out for the v low cal days-i get very irritable when i'm hungry, so not sure it would be safe lol. heard plenty of positive things about it though, and i'm sure if you thought about it for long enough, you could put the cals to good use so it didn't seem so bad. You will be pleased to know i didn't binge! i usually do when the scales don't impress me, but i didn't :) just need to try and get out of the habit of using all my weekly points in the first two days-i don't think that helps my situation, as when i run out i tend to just keep eating anyway and go into the minus lol (is it any wonder i haven't lost much weight?!?!?!)

chezz-yes its so frustrating when the scales don't tell us what we want to hear! at least i deserved my results, only myself to blame-its more off putting when you've tried so hard and still don't see the benefit-thats when i'm more likely to overeat, cos i think, whats the point? but our bodies are crazy things, and being good will pay off eventually-good luck for the week :)

newme-thank you for your words of wisdom-you're so right! for years i've said to myself, right, i will get to my goal weight by x date, and they keep coming and going and i'm not better off-i don't want that to happen anymore, thats why i got a bit nervouse that its february and i'm 4.25 down when i need to lose 42 all in! but i will get there, hopefully we all will! :)

epic rambly post-sorry all! hope everyone has a great week :)

I know it can be really difficult but just look what getting back on plan did. In theory you did lose weight this week when you reduced your gain.

Last night we had a power cut and because our cooker is electric couldn't make anything and ended up having fish and chips! This morning I had that "sod it" feeling and was so tempted to buy some chocolate. Told myself if I still wanted it when I got to the office I could have some and you know what still not been and got some.

I know it's really difficult but anchor on to that aim of 1lb a week. Brush last week aside and start afresh today

You sound like a choc fiend like me - I have to put off having choc until late evening and if I really want I go to the local shop and buy a Cadbury's Freddo - about 100 cals - 5 Slimming World syns mmm.....

awwwwwww thank you ladies, your posts have made me smile and cheered me up-i'm feeling a bit better now, i was majorly feeling sorry for myself this morning.

Kentcat-i like your way of looking at it-technically i lost a bit by reducing the gain-i would have been more upset with a 2.75 gain than a 1.5 one, so i should see the positives in that. You should be proud of not eating the chocolate-thats great-it can be so easy to just say sod it when you've had a bad meal or bad day, but it feels great when you manage to say no to it.

I looked on the value app that i use for weight watchers, and for me to get to target on time, i need to lose 1.1 pounds per week, so i haven't completely blown it yet, i can claw that back i'm sure-my average weight lost since 27th december has been 0.7 pounds which means it would apparently take 54 weeks to get to goal, when i want to get there by mid october-so seeing the stats in front of me sort of spurred me on to get the finger out-hope it stays that way!

Upndown-i think i'm going to take your advice and have a good talk with myself! i know i haven't been sticking to plan, i know that meal planning works, i know that i cave in too much when my other half wants to eat bad-but yet i continue making the same mistakes over and over-its so annoying! i started weight watchers for the first time about 8 years ago and found it so easy and the weight flew off, i think because i've been dieting etc for so long, i'm just bored with it and struggle to stick to something completely-i'm trying to tell myself that if i can have one 100% week and see the weight loss from that, it will hopefully motivate me to continune. you have put me in the mood for roast chicken, chilli and a corned beef hash now! lol. texted my other hald and he is going to make mushy pea curry for tea bless him-i brought soup in to work but didn't realise it had no ring pull and no one has a tin opener-i'm starving! lol. I have read up on the 5:2 thing myself, and been tempted a few times, but i really think i'm not cut out for the v low cal days-i get very irritable when i'm hungry, so not sure it would be safe lol. heard plenty of positive things about it though, and i'm sure if you thought about it for long enough, you could put the cals to good use so it didn't seem so bad. You will be pleased to know i didn't binge! i usually do when the scales don't impress me, but i didn't :) just need to try and get out of the habit of using all my weekly points in the first two days-i don't think that helps my situation, as when i run out i tend to just keep eating anyway and go into the minus lol (is it any wonder i haven't lost much weight?!?!?!)

chezz-yes its so frustrating when the scales don't tell us what we want to hear! at least i deserved my results, only myself to blame-its more off putting when you've tried so hard and still don't see the benefit-thats when i'm more likely to overeat, cos i think, whats the point? but our bodies are crazy things, and being good will pay off eventually-good luck for the week :)

newme-thank you for your words of wisdom-you're so right! for years i've said to myself, right, i will get to my goal weight by x date, and they keep coming and going and i'm not better off-i don't want that to happen anymore, thats why i got a bit nervouse that its february and i'm 4.25 down when i need to lose 42 all in! but i will get there, hopefully we all will! :)

epic rambly post-sorry all! hope everyone has a great week :)

Hi - good to hear ur feeling more positive - I like a long detailed post - they help me!!

I had peep at ur stats and see u've set urself a really low target - of course only u know that figure - but wd it be worth setting a temporary target a bit higher...

...and seeing how u feel when u get to the temp target?

If you wanted to - you could still aim for the same average weight loss to get you to ur 8st 9 goal at the same date.

Just a suggestion to take the pressure off a bit - cos I find when I'm under pressure weight wise I kinda rebel against myself and do a lot of damage (nuts I know!)

I've just read that back and wonder if it'll make sense to you but can't think how to make it clearer - just shout if you don't understand me!!

aka .... set mini targets to focus on lol

I am doing this, I was hoping I can get 20lb of by Easter but there is only 8 weigh-in's for me between this weekend and then so may have to think about setting a lower one. Will decide once I see how much I can shift in first couple of weeks as sometimes they can be a good amount. (although I bet it's 1lb now as I just realised it is *that week* as well...doh!)

You sound like a choc fiend like me - I have to put off having choc until late evening and if I really want I go to the local shop and buy a Cadbury's Freddo - about 100 cals - 5 Slimming World syns mmm.....

Total and utter chocolaholic. Thankfully I love in the middle of nowhere so if I can make it home from work without having any then I know I'm set till at least the following day.

To boost the weight loss I'm going to try and give it up completely for Lent.

I've come on here to chat as I was sooooo close to really pigging out! I had an apple and a WW biscuit instead but I really want to EAT! Dinner in 2 hrs I will try hard to resist !

Back