2014 weight loss challenge

By the way sorry for multiple posts by me, I can't multiple quote on the ipad lol

No probs at all - just keep the posts coming! Good luck 2moro!

Aw ww try not to think like that but I know where you are coming from, when you get a random big weightloss that you can't explain. There's always that worry, but what you should do in that case is average your weightloss over the month, like I lost 2.75 one week and 0.25 another week, which I was gutted about, but it averaged 1.5 a week across the fortnight which sounded way better in my head lol

Great advice for us all Autumn!!

No probs at all - just keep the posts coming! Good luck 2moro!

It's not til Friday so I've another day to try and do well lol

Was it the official calc giving 33? Did you double check the details in case you made a typo? I think 33 is too low by the sounds of things. Are you excited he's joining with you? I'm sure you will appreciate the support if you are both doing it :) does he have much to lose?

Sorry I didn't reply before now, I've had such a manic day!

I don't really know if it was the official calc but it did say ww on it. I've done another one and that came out at 33 too so I'm going with that for him for now. He's eating enough so it should be fine.

Yes it's nice that we are dieting together but he's leaving it up to me to calculate all his points and as I've not fully got my head into what the points are for everything yet, it's taking me an age to work it out everyday lol! Not sure how much he wants to get off totally, I think he wants to take it one step at a time for now. All good at the moment.

Thanks for your help anyway.

It's not til Friday so I've another day to try and do well lol

You can do a lot in 48 hours - go for it - fruit - veg - water unlimited lol!

Go big or go home ! Love it, Autumn ! I sure did ! 16 points of chocolate heaven haha! It was Flippin ace !!

Yummy!!

I'm still trying to be good in hopes I get a loss this weekend. Teeny tiny one showing on a sneak peek this morning so praying it grows!

Averaging around 1200 cals a day then exercising off around 200 and flitting between eating exercise cals and not to keep confusing bod!

Newme-glad u enjoyed the chocolate!

CatA-how r you finding 1200 cals?are you full enough on that?I'm trying for 1350 per day but admittedly I'm going a bit over that,I try not to eat back calories(its not much,just from dog walking)but I have had to a few times in desperation lol,but hopefully that is quite good because as you say,it keeps the body guessing.hope you're loss grows by the time wi comes round!

It's ok for me as I am using Slim Fast while calorie counting so not really following the 2 shakes, 3 snacks, 1 meal plan.

I have a shake for brekkie, couple of mid morning snacks (mini babybel, 2 rye crispbreads and a philly mini snack pot on top), then a shake for lunch with a pack of S&V hoops and crosses crisps and occasionally a kinder bar (the little milky ones), then afternoon snacks of another babybel and a bag of shapers onion rings from boots and evening meal that usually totals under 400 cals, usually something from ASDA frozen like Toad in Hole, Chicken Hotpot, Youngs Fish Fillet Meals and so on.

I don't snack in evenings anymore as I find eating after 7pm I hold more weight. Just lots of drinks and keep myself occupied with crafty stuff or painting nails lol

It usually totals around 1250ish cals then I speed walk to and from work and add in pilates which burns off around 200 most days so if I want I can bulk dinner out a bit or not.

You sound very disciplined CatA ! Good for you! I've just had a big style greedy blow out. No more treats now till Tues! Will be on a very tight leash till tues :-( very angry with myself

I think the eating little and often helps.

If I tried to keep allowances for meal times only I would struggle. I'm a big snacker so breaking it down into lots of portions helps.

Plus I drink lots of water and iced green tea to help keep me fuller for longer.

You sound very disciplined CatA ! Good for you! I've just had a big style greedy blow out. No more treats now till Tues! Will be on a very tight leash till tues :-( very angry with myself

aww what happened? did you enjoy it at least? dont be so hard on yourself, but i understand how frustrated it can make you when things like that happen :-(

CatA-you definitely sound disciplines! im like you in that i couldn't just hold my calories for meals, i work in an office so if i couldn't snack during the day i would probably end up binging big time

Aaah, Autumn, I was still hungry after lunch so I had a few mini cheddars then a fun size Milky Way, then just couldn't stop ! I thought "f it "! I've ruined it now may as well enjoy it ! Crazy I know ! I will get back on it tmrw !!

Aaah, Autumn, I was still hungry after lunch so I had a few mini cheddars then a fun size Milky Way, then just couldn't stop ! I thought "f it "! I've ruined it now may as well enjoy it ! Crazy I know ! I will get back on it tmrw !!

Aww you hadn't ruined it though, what you had wasn't so bad, but I totally understand the mentality, and it seems so logical at the time and then you realise afterwards that it was crazy talk lol. There's a great quote about it on the internet :-

'Saying "Oh, I've already ruined my good eating today. I'll just eat crap" is like saying "Oh, I dropped my phone on the floor. I'll just smash it till it breaks."'

I love that quote and it makes sense, although it still do the whole 'sod it' thing myself lol

Great that you are motivated to draw the line under it and get back on it tomorrow though :)

Can I join...... I need to lose 50kg :sigh:

Welcome! I'm sure one if the lovely ladies will add you on, you will find great support in this thread, it's lovely and friendly and has been my saviour a few times lol

List as of 5th March - please update this list
Cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
kidston87 - pledged 21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.4lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Y2014 - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs