2014 weight loss challenge

I did extra easy autumn - wish it'd kept working for me !

It's a great plan but yes, my weight loss was slow! I think red and green might be better as I would have more healthy extras, I was getting bored of choosing between weetabix and bread lol.

Upndown, you sound like me where the landing is concerned, I def need to make a bigger effort in that department!

It's a great plan but yes, my weight loss was slow! I think red and green might be better as I would have more healthy extras, I was getting bored of choosing between weetabix and bread lol.

Upndown, you sound like me where the landing is concerned, I def need to make a bigger effort in that department!

Hi - know u use an iPad sometimes - I have one too and smile at the auto-correct suggestions sometimes - presume u meant 'planning' above?? LOL!

Have u seen the funny ones on 'Damn u auto correct'? Have a good day!

Blooming autocorrect!! Lol, that's what I get for not checking before I post! I have read some really funny autocorrects, luckily I have never had one that was toooo embarrassing lol! Hope you have a lovely weekend, the weather is nice here so I am going to do a bit of Pilates and walk the dog In the sunshine!

Blooming autocorrect!! Lol, that's what I get for not checking before I post! I have read some really funny autocorrects, luckily I have never had one that was toooo embarrassing lol! Hope you have a lovely weekend, the weather is nice here so I am going to do a bit of Pilates and walk the dog In the sunshine!

Get u going all exercisey on us - have a good day! The sky is blue and it's sunny but a bit windy here - but miles better than the rain!

Lol il embrace any notion I have for exercise while it lasts! I would definitely take windy weather over any rain!

Mmmm a little kinder choc bar broken into 5 and slowly melted in mouthfuls of coffee... A pretty good use of 3 WW points :)

Mmmm a little kinder choc bar broken into 5 and slowly melted in mouthfuls of coffee... A pretty good use of 3 WW points :)

This is AMAZING!

Dearest KMD - may I pick yer brains once more ? best way to stick on black stripe bits of rolled out icing onto the cake once it's got the white ready rolled icing on it - jam ? I'm attempting a zebra look cake for my little girls 4th. She loves zebras !

Exercise must be in the air just back from a 5K run. First one in ages rubbish time but better than not doing it at all.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine

Exercise must be in the air just back from a 5K run. First one in ages rubbish time but better than not doing it at all. Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine

Fab, I bet you feel great! What are your times like for 5k? I really need to use the couch to 5k app again, not been running for so long, I think 100metres would finish me off lol

Exercise must be in the air just back from a 5K run. First one in ages rubbish time but better than not doing it at all.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine

Well done - time's not important is it? The great thing is u did it!!

Well done - time's not important is it? The great thing is u did it!!
Today was 39 mins, three years ago at my lightest I could run it in 31 minutes. I'm in a 5K in May and I'd love to break the half hour but we'll see. Right now just enjoying being out there.

Autumn500 wasn't sure how to include two quotes but yeah great feeling really feel like I'm taking hold and control would highly recommend it to anyone. Takes time to get past finding it boring and suddenly you're like I love this! You'll be surprised how quickly you build up stamina and strength.

Today was 39 mins, three years ago at my lightest I could run it in 31 minutes. I'm in a 5K in May and I'd love to break the half hour but we'll see. Right now just enjoying being out there. Autumn500 wasn't sure how to include two quotes but yeah great feeling really feel like I'm taking hold and control would highly recommend it to anyone. Takes time to get past finding it boring and suddenly you're like I love this! You'll be surprised how quickly you build up stamina and strength.

See that's my problem, I would love to love running but haven't gotten to that stage, it feels like torture when I do it lol, it's definitely a mental thing rather than a physical thing though. I'm sure noticing your stamina and strength building up feels so good!

Btw ladies, I'm going to try and give sw a go from Monday. I can't do a full shop just yet as we are trying to run things down that we already have. I sort of know the jist of it and have some books but it will take a bit of trial and error I think, so if any sw ladies have hints or tips feel free to fire them my way lol. Are you able to do one day green, one red, one extra easy, as long as you stay to the one plan for the whole day?

Yes Autumn each plan must last for 24hrs some people that work shifts do it from 8pm to 8pm for normal people its just a normal daily change, you can switch to all the plans including Success Express in a week with no limit.
The variety is key. Good luck. x

Btw ladies, I'm going to try and give sw a go from Monday. I can't do a full shop just yet as we are trying to run things down that we already have. I sort of know the jist of it and have some books but it will take a bit of trial and error I think, so if any sw ladies have hints or tips feel free to fire them my way lol. Are you able to do one day green, one red, one extra easy, as long as you stay to the one plan for the whole day?

Like Bubble says it's fine to mix and match the plans - the best tip given to me when I started (I know ur not a SW newbie but this may help) was to go thro the lists of food in the book and highlight what u like or fancy trying. The idea is it reduces the lists to a manageable level - there's so much in there and I for one don't eat at least 25% of the fruit & veg - haven't even heard of some!

Then plan ur meals and snacks and do ur shop (when u've cleared ur cupboards!) I find I stay on plan better when I have everything in - and it's cheaper to do the big shop than me popping into the corner shop every 5 mins!!

I find protein foods along with fruit and veg fill me up the most - a hot drink after meals/snacks seem to leave me fuller than a cold drink too. I prefer to keep my treat or dessert until the evening or else I'll want more thro' the day.

I think things like the SW brownies which are easy/quick to make 12 and are less than 1 syn each without the topping which I don't like anyway. I add dried 28g apricots and 28g chopped nuts (each a HEx B which I count over a few days) to give them some texture - and more taste and eat them with yog and berries - I don't seem to want choc and sweets as much when I have them - u may have other ideas.

Last thing - I used to use all my syns for treats but realised after reading food diaries here - that my meals were boring - so no wonder I wasn't keen on them then hunting for something afterwards - now I use syns for gravy, sauces, chutneys, cheese toppings, desserts etc and feel more satisfied with and after my meals.

I also find reading other ppl's diaries useful too and have learned a lot.

Sermon over!! Good luck.

See that's my problem, I would love to love running but haven't gotten to that stage, it feels like torture when I do it lol, it's definitely a mental thing rather than a physical thing though. I'm sure noticing your stamina and strength building up feels so good!

I know what you mean. When I first started running I ran listening to Harry Potter audio books. I found I'd get caught up in the story and didn't get fed up of running before I physically couldn't run anymore.

Do you think something like that could work for you?

Hi can I join you please?
I started weds on slim fast and also trying to exercise which is something I haven't done at all for 2 yrs!!
Not sure on my target weight tbh. 14lbs to begin with, then maybe 8 more. Or more than that. I want to keep my curves so I'll see how I go as I go along.
Congrats so far to everyone on your losses x

Good morning 2mnn it's good to have you on board, you're very welcome here ! Maybe some lovely soul can add you to the list - my iPhone won't let me do it (if anyone can copy and paste the list using an iPhone I'd love to know !)

Like Bubble says it's fine to mix and match the plans - the best tip given to me when I started (I know ur not a SW newbie but this may help) was to go thro the lists of food in the book and highlight what u like or fancy trying. The idea is it reduces the lists to a manageable level - there's so much in there and I for one don't eat at least 25% of the fruit & veg - haven't even heard of some! Then plan ur meals and snacks and do ur shop (when u've cleared ur cupboards!) I find I stay on plan better when I have everything in - and it's cheaper to do the big shop than me popping into the corner shop every 5 mins!! I find protein foods along with fruit and veg fill me up the most - a hot drink after meals/snacks seem to leave me fuller than a cold drink too. I prefer to keep my treat or dessert until the evening or else I'll want more thro' the day. I think things like the SW brownies which are easy/quick to make 12 and are less than 1 syn each without the topping which I don't like anyway. I add dried 28g apricots and 28g chopped nuts (each a HEx B which I count over a few days) to give them some texture - and more taste and eat them with yog and berries - I don't seem to want choc and sweets as much when I have them - u may have other ideas. Last thing - I used to use all my syns for treats but realised after reading food diaries here - that my meals were boring - so no wonder I wasn't keen on them then hunting for something afterwards - now I use syns for gravy, sauces, chutneys, cheese toppings, desserts etc and feel more satisfied with and after my meals. I also find reading other ppl's diaries useful too and have learned a lot. Sermon over!! Good luck.

Thank you so much for the advice! I will def go through the list, because like you say, a lot of them I have not heard of and it becomes a bit overwhelming!

I agree that planning is the way forward and it does work better with everything in, I have some stuff that is suitable and will pick up some more bits and pieces to sort me out for a few days then I will try and get a bigger shop done, I think that my other half knows that slimming world= expensive shop lol.

You know what, I think you are right about leaving the sweet thing until later, I have noticed that if I have a cereal bar or something in work, I just crave more, whereas when I don't have one I don't really look for it the same.

Again, completely agree with you on the use of syns thing, I would be one of those people who saved them for a chocolate bar then wondered why my meals were sooo boring and everyone else's looked amazing, I was wondering why they were wasting syns in extra cheese or gravy or sauce when they could have CHOCOLATE! Lol, but I totally think investing your syns wisely is a much better idea for actually enjoying the plan. I will definitely have a nosy at other peoples diaries for some good ideas.

I like your sermons, you should do them more often! :p

Back