2014 weight loss challenge

I know what you mean. When I first started running I ran listening to Harry Potter audio books. I found I'd get caught up in the story and didn't get fed up of running before I physically couldn't run anymore. Do you think something like that could work for you?

This is a fantastic idea! I've always wanted to listen to audiobooks and that is a great excuse for it!! Are they expensive?

Good luck starting on SW autumn. I always used my syns for a sweetie once the kids were in bed. I ate free food most of the other times. I absolutely loved diet coke chicken, chicken fried rice, chilli, pizza chicken, mmmm got some amazing recipes from SW. The mag is really good for ideas. I used to have French toast and bacon for breakfast a lot, I remember that ! I loved SW chips and LOVE beef batchelors savoury rice with a pack of steam fresh veggies mixed thru it! I used to make these amazing patties from smash, beans, spring onion and cottage cheese- freakin amazing !! I know they sound v weird !! I discovered I liked cottage cheese when doing SW. I don't like it on it's own but when cooked or when mixed in a hot jacket potato it's lovely - esp sweet chilli flavour ! Good luck Hun - I think my personal issue with SW was portion control. I know free foods are allegedly able to be eaten freely but I'm a gannet and I think the huge loads of things like rice pasta and potatoes I was eating just didn't work for me. I mean I did lose 17lb but I think I was just eating TOO much. You would not believe the platefuls of pasta I can eat lol !

Hi can I join you please? I started weds on slim fast and also trying to exercise which is something I haven't done at all for 2 yrs!! Not sure on my target weight tbh. 14lbs to begin with, then maybe 8 more. Or more than that. I want to keep my curves so I'll see how I go as I go along. Congrats so far to everyone on your losses x

Good morning and welcome! Good luck with slimfast and your overall goals, very sensible to have small goals to see how you feel at the end of each one. Feel free to shout out for any advice etc, everyone here is lovely!

Good morning 2mnn it's good to have you on board, you're very welcome here ! Maybe some lovely soul can add you to the list - my iPhone won't let me do it (if anyone can copy and paste the list using an iPhone I'd love to know !)

I don't know about iPhone but I tried on ipad and nearly threw the damn thing out the window lol!

I'm here to confess my syns. I'm sure some of you have done this in the past but I'm mad at myself. You know that thing you do before a new diet where you have a 'last supper' and eat and eat just for the sake of it? That was me last night. Now I wouldn't have minded if I had had takeaway for tea or something and gone way over my calories because of that, but this was just bunging on biscuits and jellies, completely for the sake of it and I wasn't even enjoying it, arrrghhh. I haven't done that in so long, but I have woken up this morning feeling like I was out on the drink last night lol.

So I'm going to have as close to a sw day today as I can, as I need some sort of structure or else il just eat crap today too. Currently drinking water like it's going out of fashion lol. Why on earth do we do things like this to ourselves? Whoever figures it all out will be a billionaire!

Good luck starting on SW autumn. I always used my syns for a sweetie once the kids were in bed. I ate free food most of the other times. I absolutely loved diet coke chicken, chicken fried rice, chilli, pizza chicken, mmmm got some amazing recipes from SW. The mag is really good for ideas. I used to have French toast and bacon for breakfast a lot, I remember that ! I loved SW chips and LOVE beef batchelors savoury rice with a pack of steam fresh veggies mixed thru it! I used to make these amazing patties from smash, beans, spring onion and cottage cheese- freakin amazing !! I know they sound v weird !! I discovered I liked cottage cheese when doing SW. I don't like it on it's own but when cooked or when mixed in a hot jacket potato it's lovely - esp sweet chilli flavour ! Good luck Hun - I think my personal issue with SW was portion control. I know free foods are allegedly able to be eaten freely but I'm a gannet and I think the huge loads of things like rice pasta and potatoes I was eating just didn't work for me. I mean I did lose 17lb but I think I was just eating TOO much. You would not believe the platefuls of pasta I can eat lol !

Oooo your our post has made me starving lol. Sw does have fab recipes and you don't find yourself enjoying some random concoctions that you would never have tried before, I love that about it. Would you recommend the magazine? I bought it once and wasn't sure what I thought of it. Agree with you on the cottage cheese front, I liked the sweet chilli one, I was nice and refreshing. Thank you for the support, I'm hoping my portion control won't be too much of a problem, it's just that when you have done ww before the portions are obviously a lot different so when you then do sw your head gets confused about what a normal portion is meant to look like, but it suppose I should just go by how full I'm feeling. I don't think my portions were crazily big when I did it before, but it was the third superfree that I wasn't getting enough of, so hopefully by mixing it up with red and green days I might get on a bit better, fingers crossed anyway, no doubt I will be here venting on a regular basis lol

You can borrow audio books from the library near us- is that an option ?

You know, I hadn't even thought of that, I must have a look and see!

I gained 4lb :eek:

Binging thanks to totm...not good. Back on it 100% strict and restricting calories a few days from tomorrow

I gained 4lb :eek:

Binging thanks to totm...not good. Back on it 100% strict and restricting calories a few days from tomorrow

Good attitude - u've done well with ur weight up to now and u'll do well again this week.

We forgive your sins, Autumn ! I'm exactly the same. In fact last night I had a "f it" moment. My wonderful husband (aka the fat feeder lol) bought me TWO bars of Scottish tablet !! Wtf?! I know he's trying to be nice- he says "but you can have just a little bit at a time " eh, no! If I could do that I wouldn't be fat ! So I broke it up and shared it out with all the kids. Now I only had a smallish bit so it prob wouldn't really of mattered, but of course, that led to "oh I've screwed it now, I may as well have some Pringles " then a crispello too !! Aahhh! Why is it better to go and eat 3 extra naughty things than just one ?!! So today I'm bring über good as it's weigh in tmrw! I'm sure I won't break the 11 stone barrier as that'd mean a 3lb loss but I'm hoping for close as possible !

I gained 4lb :eek: Binging thanks to totm...not good. Back on it 100% strict and restricting calories a few days from tomorrow

Awww sorry Cat, totm can be a nightmare, you sound motivated to draw a line and carry on though which is great :)

We forgive your sins, Autumn ! I'm exactly the same. In fact last night I had a "f it" moment. My wonderful husband (aka the fat feeder lol) bought me TWO bars of Scottish tablet !! Wtf?! I know he's trying to be nice- he says "but you can have just a little bit at a time " eh, no! If I could do that I wouldn't be fat ! So I broke it up and shared it out with all the kids. Now I only had a smallish bit so it prob wouldn't really of mattered, but of course, that led to "oh I've screwed it now, I may as well have some Pringles " then a crispello too !! Aahhh! Why is it better to go and eat 3 extra naughty things than just one ?!! So today I'm bring über good as it's weigh in tmrw! I'm sure I won't break the 11 stone barrier as that'd mean a 3lb loss but I'm hoping for close as possible !

I do that all the time, be a bit bad and then think 'screw it' when actually the damage would have been minimal if I just stopped!

Good luck for weigh in, hope you break the 11 or get as close as poss!

How's it going ladies?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oooo your our post has made me starving lol. Sw does have fab recipes and you don't find yourself enjoying some random concoctions that you would never have tried before, I love that about it. Would you recommend the magazine? I bought it once and wasn't sure what I thought of it. Agree with you on the cottage cheese front, I liked the sweet chilli one, I was nice and refreshing. Thank you for the support, I'm hoping my portion control won't be too much of a problem, it's just that when you have done ww before the portions are obviously a lot different so when you then do sw your head gets confused about what a normal portion is meant to look like, but it suppose I should just go by how full I'm feeling. I don't think my portions were crazily big when I did it before, but it was the third superfree that I wasn't getting enough of, so hopefully by mixing it up with red and green days I might get on a bit better, fingers crossed anyway, no doubt I will be here venting on a regular basis lol

Good stuff there from Autumn and Cat A - I like the mags - lots of foody ideas inc some good recipes! But there's great banter here, the food diaries have given me good ideas & the recipe threads are good too!

I know what u mean about portion control but I know when it suits me I conveniently forget that the SW rule is to eat to satisfy our appetites - I find that hard - cos when I eat any meal - SW or not - I don't feel full until I've had a hot drink then 15-20 mins afterwards - my stomach (or my brain?) gets the message that I'm full!!

Recently I thought I'd try eating smaller meals cos I was having BIG portions - the same size as hubby - he's nearly 6' and slim & I'm 5' 2 and fat! We've 3 grown up lads & when they were at home I used to eat whatever they did inc their massive snacks thro' the day!

Recently I started to eat to satisfy my appetite - I was disappointed JUST looking at the plate of less food but I found every time it did satisfy me & I've heard others say the same.

Altho I'm losing weight ok now - I'm not confident about losing the rest - let alone the maintenance stage so I'm experimenting with what works for me - up to now I realise that oats, thick soups all the protein foods served with veg and having desserts like SW choc brownies with berries or bananas and yog seem to fill me up too.

Before I used to think having a pud was fattening and considered that my syns were too precious to use on meals so reserved them for choc etc and surprised myself that I feel fuller & happier eating that way.

My mission has led me to the NHS website which has some good advice on what we shd eat - inc portion sizes.

You know, I hadn't even thought of that, I must have a look and see!

I also find charity shops can be quite good for them. If you're after quite recent releases then they can be expensive but older books not so much. If I'm buying I tend to buy off iTunes I seem to recall you can order by price, that way I also try books I wouldn't necessarily have read cause they're cheap!

Good stuff there from Autumn and Cat A - I like the mags - lots of foody ideas inc some good recipes! But there's great banter here, the food diaries have given me good ideas & the recipe threads are good too! I know what u mean about portion control but I know when it suits me I conveniently forget that the SW rule is to eat to satisfy our appetites - I find that hard - cos when I eat any meal - SW or not - I don't feel full until I've had a hot drink then 15-20 mins afterwards - my stomach (or my brain?) gets the message that I'm full!! Recently I thought I'd try eating smaller meals cos I was having BIG portions - the same size as hubby - he's nearly 6' and slim & I'm 5' 2 and fat! We've 3 grown up lads & when they were at home I used to eat whatever they did inc their massive snacks thro' the day! Recently I started to eat to satisfy my appetite - I was disappointed JUST looking at the plate of less food but I found every time it did satisfy me & I've heard others say the same. Altho I'm losing weight ok now - I'm not confident about losing the rest - let alone the maintenance stage so I'm experimenting with what works for me - up to now I realise that oats, thick soups all the protein foods served with veg and having desserts like SW choc brownies with berries or bananas and yog seem to fill me up too. Before I used to think having a pud was fattening and considered that my syns were too precious to use on meals so reserved them for choc etc and surprised myself that I feel fuller & happier eating that way. My mission has led me to the NHS website which has some good advice on what we shd eat - inc portion sizes.

I will try and buy the mag next time I see one in the shop, I think they can keep your motivation up sometimes too which is always good!

I wonder if there's any science in the hot drink filling you thing- do you not drink cold drinks with your food? I know sometimes a cup of tea in the morning would fill me a bit whereas a glass of water wouldn't.

I'm quite lucky in that I didn't grow up on big portions so I'm quite happy to eat off a side plate to give the illusion of more food, but I know my oh had massive portions and it was a. It adjustment for him to change.

I hope you do lose the rest of your weight and as you keep losing it gives you the confidence to realise that you *can* do it and that even though maintenance will Be tricky, it will be such an achievement in itself to get to the stage where you are trying to maintain (if that makes any sense lol). I think enjoying the plan you are doing and experimenting with new foods is a great way to keep things interesting and make the whole thing feel less like a chore, at least I hope that is how il be on sw lol. It's crazy when you look up the portion sizes that we are meant to have and compare them with what we do have though isn't it? I've grown up thinking your carbs should be the biggest part of the plate and it's just not true lol.

I have planned my first sw day for tomorrow,(was meant to be today but oh is starting slimfast tomorrow so we may have bought some crisps and chocolate, oops!) I'm trying a green day and it looks like so much food! Off out for lunch on Tuesday with oh also and il probs just write that meal off and enjoy it, but will try to stick to plan the rest of the day!

added new people to the list welcome and good look
well done to all you loser keep up the good work

Not had a great week food wise at all been picking at things so gone over my cals most days. Then had takeaway on Friday and lots of chocolate. On Saturday had 3 bags of crisps and a bag of mini eggs. My dinner was also loads of cals dread to think. Still lost 1.8lbs this week not sure how maybe it will catch me up next week. On Monday I am back on plan along with C25K, T25 and 30DS need to really stop eating so much when it comes to the weekend.

List as of 16th March - Please update this list

Cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
kidston87 - pledged 21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs*
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs*
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Y2014 - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs