2014 weight loss challenge

Oh my god I've just seen myself on a video at a recent work event gutting how big I look! Definitely going to use that image as motivation. WI tomorrow, after staying the same the last two weeks I'll take whatever I can get (as long as it's a loss)

I'm thinking a lot can happen in two days so def keep at it. Good luck for weigh in!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow upndown!

I've managed a loss of 1.5lbs this week. Was hoping for a bit more but I think it's a matter of accepting that this is more of a long term thing rather than a quick fix. A peek at the scales on Sunday showed me being 2lbs lower than I am today but that was before I used the rest of my weekly points so am thinking if I'd not had those seashells after all....

On the other hand it is having those special treats at weekend that is keeping me going so as I said, got to accept slowly but surely!

Will update the list now.

Well done Sammy! That's fab news!!! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the fab work! 1 and a half pound is great news! Weight out a pound and a half of lard and you will see how much you have lost. Try not to be disappointed. When we lose it slow and steady it means it will more than likely stay off!!! xxxx

I hate seeing pics etc of myself KentCat for that very reason...always look bigger than I feel! lol

I am having a naughty dinner later :ashamed0005: of fish and chips from a takeaway local to childminder. Tis my daughters parents evening tonight and won't get home til near her bedtime.

Skipping some snacks and will do pilates again later to try and counteract a bit.

Still best option though as also Dominoes and a kebab shop nearby. Least fish is good for you lol

Well done sammy, you are over a quarter of the way through, yaaaay!

I agree on seeing photos and videos etc of yourself, it's horrific, I think everyone always thinks they look worse than they actually do, but it can def be motivation.

I feel like I've even doing good enough this week, attitude wise at least, and I've been doing a bit of Pilates everyday, not lots, but it's better than what I was doing, but just feel really heavy and bleugh so not feeling confident for Friday now :( was sooo tempted to have a sneak peak but it will either depress me or will show a loss that will be bigger than what I get come Friday knowing my luck lol, so I think for my state of mind I should just stay away lol, the temptation is killing me though! This Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday aren't going to be great food wise, so il just have to really focus on eating well when I can control it :)

Yeah you need the motivation from images I reckon.

I have taken start pics at my heaviest and regularly do comparison pics to try and spur me on.

This is my progress so far from start til this morning (as I actually took a shot this morning for comparison lol

IMG_20140325_114725_zpsb0ntk7fp.jpg

You can see how long I needed to lose weight in these pics. Baby chair on left...yet my daughter is 4 a week tomorrow lol

Took first pic on maternity leave determined to sort it before going back to work...it took over 3 years to get arse in gear and start lol

Yeah you need the motivation from images I reckon. I have taken start pics at my heaviest and regularly do comparison pics to try and spur me on. This is my progress so far from start til this morning (as I actually took a shot this morning for comparison lol You can see how long I needed to lose weight in these pics. Baby chair on left...yet my daughter is 4 a week tomorrow lol Took first pic on maternity leave determined to sort it before going back to work...it took over 3 years to get arse in gear and start lol

Well done on your losses you look great! I've got photos that I look at to inspire but this video was something else.

I have taken start pics at my heaviest and regularly do comparison pics to try and spur me on.

This is my progress so far from start til this morning (as I actually took a shot this morning for comparison lol

You can see how long I needed to lose weight in these pics. Baby chair on left...yet my daughter is 4 a week tomorrow lol

Took first pic on maternity leave determined to sort it before going back to work...it took over 3 years to get arse in gear and start lol

Amazing Cat, you're looking fab! Keep it up! xxx

You look fab Cat, you must be proud of yourself!

Thanks girls :)

I am, but with 3st still to drop it can sometimes feel like I haven't done much yet and I will never get there (as daft as that sounds)

Wish it showed more from front as well...seem to be same shape still there. I was the same when pregnant. until I stood side on I didn't look like I was...yet I had a huge bump measuring ahead all the time from side.

Madam there in my avatar is why I will never have a fully flat tum..she was almost 9lb and 9 days early, will see if I can find a piccy..looked like a beachball up top! lol

Here we go...if I compare this to my now pic then I feel I have lost loads. Pregnancy was my best diet to date for definite. I lost 21lb throughout and was eating up to 10 choc bars a day lol

38%20weeks_zpsmf4sybum.jpg

Thanks girls :) I am, but with 3st still to drop it can sometimes feel like I haven't done much yet and I will never get there (as daft as that sounds) Wish it showed more from front as well...seem to be same shape still there. I was the same when pregnant. until I stood side on I didn't look like I was...yet I had a huge bump measuring ahead all the time from side. Madam there in my avatar is why I will never have a fully flat tum..she was almost 9lb and 9 days early, will see if I can find a piccy..looked like a beachball up top! lol

I understand where you are coming from, I think it's a lot easier to feel daunted by what's left to achieve than to celebrate what we have already done, you will get there though! You're bump did look big-was that uncomfortable?

Yeah, I reckon if I can get past halfway mark it might feel less daunting. I had a total of 5st exactly to lose so praying I get there at least before holiday in June.

I wasn't even full term in that pic, was only about 37 weeks gone. Oddly enough I didn't have any troubles throughout, towards end I had to hold it up as it felt like she might fall out if I walked for ages but otherwise I was always told off for crawling under desks at work and so on (PC Support) lol

Amazingly I was only a size 10/12 then as well...I was a 14 when I found out and shrank throughout.

Autumn how are you finding SW after WW ? I'm still wondering if I should change back ! Aaahhh I don't know what to do !!! Can't find my blooming book either although pretty much everything's free lol and I have a collection of dinner recipes from when I last went to class. I can't afford class fees till I get a job so I'd be doing it from memory. Are you doing it like that or attending class ?

Autumn how are you finding SW after WW ? I'm still wondering if I should change back ! Aaahhh I don't know what to do !!! Can't find my blooming book either although pretty much everything's free lol and I have a collection of dinner recipes from when I last went to class. I can't afford class fees till I get a job so I'd be doing it from memory. Are you doing it like that or attending class ?

I'm enjoying it, still a bit clueless and constantly googling things but I'm getting there! I've been doing mainly green days and finding I'm not that hungry, but i think itl take a while longer before I really know what I'm doing. Haven't been able to do a full week yet as life has gotten in the way but I'm enjoying it. I'm just doing it alone, classes don't really work for me. It feels a lot easier than ww and I haven't been looking girl sweet stuff as much either

Hi - hope u don't mind me butting in - I'm doing SW from home too - as Autumn says Googling gives lots of answers - many of those listed 1st are here!!

I've also found the SW threads really good for recipes and tips - also if u ask a question - u can bet some of the kind clever ppl here will post the answer!!

Good luck with whatever u decide to do!!

Like everyone's said - ur looking good and done so well - I had 3 children in 44 months :eek: so u can imagine what my tum looked like!! But altho' I've got stretch marks and tum's nowhere near completely flat - it's responded to the few stomach exercises I try to do each day and even with lots of missed days - it's not bad for an overweight 60 year old - I also have a few spanx godsends for those really unforgiving clothes!!

Well done on everyone's weigh in results! I hope everyone is feeling motivated for the week ahead.

That's me down another 1lb this week and I got my 2 and a half stone award. That is 22lb in total so far towards my 2014 challenge.

Not really convinced about how this week will go though, as it is my birthday! I turn the grand old age of 23. My Husband and my Nana are taking me out on different days, and I was at my friends for her birthday tonight and had some chocolate cake! I'll try to keep it in check, but we shall see. I'll be okay with a maintain, but would be ecstatic with 2.5lb as I would be in the next stone bracket!

Hope everyone has a fab week xx

Glad you enjoyed the chocolate sammy!

I was stupid today and added my syns up all wrong so have gone over for the day, but I think in terms of what I've eaten I was quite sensible so hoping it won't effect me too badly come Friday...

Hey don't call urself stupid!!! I think that SW is the hardest diet to get ur around at the beginning (even tho' I've done it several l b!!) then after a little while I get my head around it - so bet u'll get used to it again v soon!

I'm thinking a lot can happen in two days so def keep at it. Good luck for weigh in!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow upndown!

I've managed a loss of 1.5lbs this week. Was hoping for a bit more but I think it's a matter of accepting that this is more of a long term thing rather than a quick fix. A peek at the scales on Sunday showed me being 2lbs lower than I am today but that was before I used the rest of my weekly points so am thinking if I'd not had those seashells after all....

On the other hand it is having those special treats at weekend that is keeping me going so as I said, got to accept slowly but surely!

Will update the list now.

Well done :clap: 1.5 is a a great loss - but agree that a steady loss is much better than having a burst at the beginning then putting on then starving to claw back then gaining etc etc....!!

Thx for ur good wishes but think I'm looking at a sts this week :cry:

Hi - hope u don't mind me butting in - I'm doing SW from home too - as Autumn says Googling gives lots of answers - many of those listed 1st are here!!

I've also found the SW threads really good for recipes and tips - also if u ask a question - u can bet some of the kind clever ppl here will post the answer!!

Good luck with whatever u decide to do!!

Forgot you were doing SW too upndown ! How'd you work out syns without a membership access - I seen something saying 20 cals = 1 syn is that right ? I'm doing a big shop Friday so going to start then.

Back