2014 weight loss challenge

This interests me, are there any videos in particular that you would recommend?

There is a channel on youtube called real fit tv, really makes a lot of sense without being over the top on views

Aww that's a nice thing to say!

Sneaky weigh in this morning shows 0.25 off. I'd really love that to be a 1 come tomorrow but we will have to see, I did some cardio last night and was sweating like a pig and quite sore today, so maybe I'm holding water, we shall see!

Good luck with WI Autumn - bet u've been eating very healthily today so u cd well up that quarter pound loss - hope so!!

I was just really silly and weighed myself and I'm all bloated and up a few pounds, so looks like I will be going for a gain or sts

I swear I'm never as bloated as I am in weigh day, soooooo annoying!

I was just really silly and weighed myself and I'm all bloated and up a few pounds, so looks like I will be going for a gain or sts

I swear I'm never as bloated as I am in weigh day, soooooo annoying!

Know exactly what u mean - I'm the world's worst serial weigher - it does my head in but I'm not harming anyone and nor are u (unless we count ourselves!!) As we've said b4 we prob need to take the longer term view but how the heck do we do that - 24 hours seems a long time to me!! Perhaps u cd blame that sandstorm??!! Good luck 2morox

I lose 0.5 pounds. In all fairness it's quite good as over half the week included meals that weren't on plan. I feel like when I get near a mini target it slows right down just to spite me lol, I really want my first stone, 1.5 to go!

Well done Autum, still a loss.nearly there. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

thanks ladies, i'm getting there slowly but surely!

i was starving this morning and craving a sausage sandwich, so i got one and it was the stupidest idea as i've been eating non stop since!! the crap food has made me feel really sluggish but is also making me crave more crap than usual, when normally i wouldn't even be thinking of it-does eating less healthy food make you crave it all the more? i don't know, but i do know i'm having a chippy tea tonight and will just have to plan plan plan from tomorrow onwards lol

I call it the "sod it" mentality when I get days where I crave bad food after eating one naughty thing... I used to do it ALL the time, if I ate badly I would think "sod it, ive blown today, might as well carry on eating what I want" for me I think it was more in my head then my body actually craving things.

I did read an article about food cravings, not when you just fancy something but when it leads to a slight binge even if just a small one (something I would do on food replacement, I would start out having something small that I shouldn't have and then before I knew it I was stuffing my face will all sorts of crap) this was based on food replacement and really restrictive diets so not the same as what you are doing but still interesting. The article said basically when you starve yourself or really reduce calories for a long period of time your brain suddenly goes into survival mode and it will tell you to eat and tell you to eat things high calories, high fat, hence why a lot of people will binge on diets that are really restrictive on calories and fat and carbs. I used to put it down to rubbish will power but seems I was just putting my body into panic mode!

i think to an extent it was the 'sod it' mentality, and once i got a taste of something it just set me off-i haven't really done that in a while, so maybe it was good to get it out of my system, and it was in no way as bad as usual-i wouldn't even call it a proper binge as such, it was more the food i was eating was a lot higher calories than i would normally eat-i had a sausage bap, a bag of mini cheddars, a southern fried chicken wrap and two brunch bars. doesn't sound like too much written down but its at least 1600 cals and thats before dinner lol.

i'm wondering if some of that is because i'm quite strict the night before weigh in, and don't have anything after my dinner. maybe if i loosen up with that i wouldn't feel the need to splurge as much

Its so easy to run up the calories though isn't it. On days where Im being good, Im like oh how did I ever manage to eat so many calories before, then I have a day where ive nearly used all my calories before dinner and then it hits me how easy it is to over eat, but last time I had a bad day I had a salad for dinner, small amount of chicken and just loads of salad, managed to have a dinner that did fill me up and was super low in calories and fat, think I saved the day with that, where as before I would of just said sod it and had a massive spag bol with cheese and garlic bread lol

I lose 0.5 pounds. In all fairness it's quite good as over half the week included meals that weren't on plan. I feel like when I get near a mini target it slows right down just to spite me lol, I really want my first stone, 1.5 to go!

So pleased u had a loss - it makes u feel better - ur so close to ur stone u must be able to smell it now - well done!!

i think to an extent it was the 'sod it' mentality, and once i got a taste of something it just set me off-i haven't really done that in a while, so maybe it was good to get it out of my system, and it was in no way as bad as usual-i wouldn't even call it a proper binge as such, it was more the food i was eating was a lot higher calories than i would normally eat-i had a sausage bap, a bag of mini cheddars, a southern fried chicken wrap and two brunch bars. doesn't sound like too much written down but its at least 1600 cals and thats before dinner lol.

i'm wondering if some of that is because i'm quite strict the night before weigh in, and don't have anything after my dinner. maybe if i loosen up with that i wouldn't feel the need to splurge as much

Just write it off - and get back on plan as soon as u feel able to - in a way I think it's a normal reaction - if ur on the same wavelength as me (poor thing!) I always feel I've tried thro' Day 1 and 6 and even if I've not stuck to the plan p- cos the point is I've tried!! So by WI day - I'm:

A: looking to eat for a reward or solace!!
B: Feel it's an 'invisible' day - so I can eat what I like!

No wonder I've earned the name upndown eh!

Seriously tho' u had a loss so that's a big plus and put the rest behind u!

Its so easy to run up the calories though isn't it. On days where Im being good, Im like oh how did I ever manage to eat so many calories before, then I have a day where ive nearly used all my calories before dinner and then it hits me how easy it is to over eat, but last time I had a bad day I had a salad for dinner, small amount of chicken and just loads of salad, managed to have a dinner that did fill me up and was super low in calories and fat, think I saved the day with that, where as before I would of just said sod it and had a massive spag bol with cheese and garlic bread lol

Far too easy! And speaking of cheese and garlic bread, I had chippy for dinner and cheesy garlic bread, oops! Thoroughly enjoyed it but definitely couldn't eat like that often, I feel all greasy lol

Just write it off - and get back on plan as soon as u feel able to - in a way I think it's a normal reaction - if ur on the same wavelength as me (poor thing!) I always feel I've tried thro' Day 1 and 6 and even if I've not stuck to the plan p- cos the point is I've tried!! So by WI day - I'm: A: looking to eat for a reward or solace!! B: Feel it's an 'invisible' day - so I can eat what I like! No wonder I've earned the name upndown eh! Seriously tho' u had a loss so that's a big plus and put the rest behind u!

This is so me lol. I'm writing this evening off but taking comfort in the fact that I bought diet lemonade and whilst oh had a family sized bar of chocolate, I had a normal sized ripple bar-small things but at least I tried in the midst of my crazy eating lol

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I'm hoping for bad weather so oh and I can hibernate and have a game of thrones marathon!

.......remember that saying from little acorns - big oaks grow - don't mean u'll grow of course - in fact I mean that good habits will result in a smaller u - what a rubbish post - must be if I have to explain my meaning LoL - must be time for bed - night night!

.......remember that saying from little acorns - big oaks grow - don't mean u'll grow of course - in fact I mean that good habits will result in a smaller u - what a rubbish post - must be if I have to explain my meaning LoL - must be time for bed - night night!

I was bickering with my oh there and went to bed in a grump and I've just read your post and it has made me giggle, so thank you! And I knew what you meant!

xx

Weigh day today for me, lost 2.5lbs, was worrying I wouldn't lose anything as had a bit of a bad weekend and did have a small gain when I checked the damage Monday, so really pleased to have lost the gain and another 2.5lbs, putting me at 14stone on the nose, so fingers crossed next week I'll be back into the 13's.

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 26lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 26.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 3lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12.5lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 11lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 22lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 9.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 13.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 1lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 17lbs

Weigh day today for me, lost 2.5lbs, was worrying I wouldn't lose anything as had a bit of a bad weekend and did have a small gain when I checked the damage Monday, so really pleased to have lost the gain and another 2.5lbs, putting me at 14stone on the nose, so fingers crossed next week I'll be back into the 13's.

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 26lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 26.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 3lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12.5lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 11lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 22lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 9.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 13.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 1lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 17lbs

Well done - a good loss and a great sub total over 7 weeks!!

Back