2014 weight loss challenge

Thank you upndown. It should be good to have some support along the way.

I'm hoping to start Hiking soon. I live in Shropshire so not too far from you in North Wales so as you know we have some beautiful natural landscapes for a little walk :p

Hi There, Having just read through this entire thread I can see that you are all an amazingly inspirational bunch. I would love to join in if it isn't too late? My pledge would be 50lb as this will get me down to my target. A little Info about me: I'm 21 (22 next week) and I have just been accepted to university in September to do a Masters degree. I spent my undergraduate degree feeling horrible I hated going to lectures as I felt so fat compared to my peers. I didn't do nights out or join any societies as I didn't think 'my kind of people' were invited as who wanted to see a fatty on stage singing or go out on a society night out with a someone like me. I know it's an awful way of looking at myself but It's how I felt for years. In January I started weight watchers after gaining 11lb in just 2 weeks over Christmas. I started at 16st 5 and as of last sunday I weighed 15st 0.5 with my next weigh in due tomorrow. From my 15st weight I would love to lose another 50lb but my motivation is slipping and as I do WW at home I don't have the support of a group or know any friend going through my situation ( I only seem to know skinny girls or sporty guys ... funny huh) Hopefully I'll be able to join your journey and gain a little support as well xxx

Hiya! Well done on being accepted for a masters! What is your subject? Sorry you felt so horrible going to lectures, I understand what you mean though, so many girls on my course had lovely figures and got really dolled up for their lectures, while I sat and felt really frumpy next to them! I totally felt the same as you and didn't like to join in things and didn't make many friends at uni which was sad.

Your progress has been great so far, good luck for your weigh in today! This place is great for motivation when you are going alone with your plan

Xx

Hi loulou! It's lovely to have you here on board with us. Big warm welcome to you honey and HUGE congrats on your loss so far. Xx

CatA I'm glad you're getting back on track and thank you for being so honest it really helps to know it's not just you and others are in the same boat! I'm pissed off it's 3 months later and I've lost 3lbs ! I could have lost my stone by now instead of faffing about and gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again !! Something inside me has clicked recently and I'm , like you, giving it 100% till my hols in July - 13 weeks away GASP!!

Hey thank you for the warm welcome. Autumn500 my subject is history haha not very glam but keeps me interested.

Ive had my weigh in and lost 1.5lb. Not much but its got me into the 14st bracket so im over the moon.

Good luck everyone :)

CatA I'm glad you're getting back on track and thank you for being so honest it really helps to know it's not just you and others are in the same boat! I'm pissed off it's 3 months later and I've lost 3lbs ! I could have lost my stone by now instead of faffing about and gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again !! Something inside me has clicked recently and I'm , like you, giving it 100% till my hols in July - 13 weeks away GASP!!

I'm a terrible one for looking back and thinking, oh I wish I'd done this, or if I'd just stuck with it I could be at such and such weight, but I think it's probably counterproductive and can make you feel worse about the whole thing, I know it makes me feels worse anyway. But glad something has clicked with you, I love when that happens, and you have thirteen weeks to make lots of difference!

Hey thank you for the warm welcome. Autumn500 my subject is history haha not very glam but keeps me interested. Ive had my weigh in and lost 1.5lb. Not much but its got me into the 14st bracket so im over the moon. Good luck everyone :)

1.5 is great, well done! I would love 1.5 next week. Well done at getting into a new stone bracket, it's so motivating when that happens!

at least u've lost 3 & not put on stones like I have in the past!! Well done and great ur back on plan - here's to a great WI for u this week & the next & the next..............................

Newme we all get stuck in a rutt at some point but im glad youve got your head around it. And i agree with upndown at least your still slimmer than you were. No journey is straight forward we all beed a few twists and turns to keep it exciting

Think I may have blown any loss this week after last night lol, so much for losing my taste for wine... not really sure how much I drank but it must have been near on 2 bottles, I still feel hungover now and the buffet was far too tempting.... as were the cakes... oh well, cant stop life because of the diet but I probably could of made a few better choices last night.

Thanks Loulou. I'd already lost a good amount - 17lb before I started on this thread so my weight loss has really slowed down now. I've only about 16 to get to goal now so REALLY hope to be there by July - fingers crossed !

Ooooo I have had such a lazy day today and couldn't bare the thought of tesco so have hardly any food in so I have just had another chippy dinner. One day I will be organised dammit!

Ooooo I have had such a lazy day today and couldn't bare the thought of tesco so have hardly any food in so I have just had another chippy dinner. One day I will be organised dammit!

There is a definite ease of eating when meals are planned. That said I just made a gazpacho soup for tomorrow's lunch and it's disgusting! Will have to try and grab a healthy option from Pret.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There is a definite ease of eating when meals are planned. That said I just made a gazpacho soup for tomorrow's lunch and it's disgusting! Will have to try and grab a healthy option from Pret. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree, I just find it soooo hard to sit down and think of things that will be quick and filling and in plan, I find it so boring and even after looking through threads in here I end up being at a loss as to what to have. Also I'm a crap cook which doesn't help lol.

I know these are just excuses and I really need a kick up the backside to just get on with it or my losses will definitely suffer!

Sorry your soup wasn't nice, I hate when that happens!

I agree, I just find it soooo hard to sit down and think of things that will be quick and filling and in plan, I find it so boring and even after looking through threads in here I end up being at a loss as to what to have. Also I'm a crap cook which doesn't help lol.

I know these are just excuses and I really need a kick up the backside to just get on with it or my losses will definitely suffer!

I agree with you sometimes don't know what I want even if I have loads of sw friendly food around and end up eating food I don't really want ! Not feeling too well at the moment totm and I've got a cold don't know what wi will be this week after staying the same Thursday . Hope I feel better tomorrow :) x

I agree with you sometimes don't know what I want even if I have loads of sw friendly food around and end up eating food I don't really want ! Not feeling too well at the moment totm and I've got a cold don't know what wi will be this week after staying the same Thursday . Hope I feel better tomorrow :) x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Both - I know exactly what u mean - esp the bit about not being a good cook! But recently - after being on Minis a while and reading everyone's posts - I noticed that busy ppl eg: full time workers, ppl working shifts, working away from home, working Mums etc were planning their meals/shopping and making quick, simple but interesting & healthy SW friendly meals (whilst I putting in little effort & having boring meals so I cd save all my syns for sugary stuff - mostly choc LOL!)

So I decided to pinch some of their ideas eg: like using some syns to make more interesting stuff - and I was amazed to find:

A:I cd cook them
B: that they satisfied my appetite more than my previous efforts
C: I was fuller after meals and craving less for sugar (altho' still love sweets & choc!)
D: that the planning and cooking didn't take half as much time as I thought it wd - well worth it - but know I'll never be a good cook!!

I'm still as food focussed as before unfortunately - my hubby says I live to eat - whilst he eats to live!!

If u'd like me to post some quick & easy recipes - just let me know - I've got them all in a little file - perhaps there's hope I'll be a domestic goddess one day after all LOL!!

Back