2014 weight loss challenge

Hi upndown were you doing ww and was it not working for you? I have been struggling and have gone back to my start weight. I am thinking of going back to sw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You'll see from my username that I've tried loads of different ways to lose weight and failed - but I blame me not the diet!! I have tried WW several times but found counting the points a bit of a faff and greedy me found the portion sizes a bit small!!

SW suits me and looking at the number of posts on the forum main page - SW has 1.8 million and WW half a million so must a few suit others too! That said lots of ppl have been v successful on WW!!

Urgh having a terrible day in the office. Have a meeting with my boss at 12pm and I can stop stressing about it. Also feeling guilty about the wine I had last night, I don't know why I gave in to the temptation. After STS last week I really want a loss.

I'm sure we become self destructive the closer we get to a goal. I'm 3lbs off losing a stone and a half since I started dieting in October and feel like it's taking me forever to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya. You sound like you have a positive attitude! Things happen and some days dieting isn't a priority, as long as you had a nice time!

Thanks Autumn, yes we had a great time and really enjoyed our meals out. And the best bit is, today is weigh day and I still lost 1lb yippee! Am so chuffed as I really thought I would have a gain this week tbh. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I didn't use my weekly extra points this week but whatever, it has put a big smile on my face today! :D

Started back doing slimming world and changed my weigh in day to Friday so in the first 5 days have lost 3lbs.Went mad over the weekend with really bad food I will never learn:eek: It was my niece's 20th Birthday today was really pleased that no cake was handed out when I went round. I have also lost my first stone not long now till I can get into the 15 stones bracket.

Well done everyone hope you all have a

Well done on your 3lbs loss Joanne, that's a really good start and hopefully, changing diets will not only give you more incentive but might kick start your metabolism as well. Good luck!

1.8 lbs for me this week...

Well done, you are doing great!

Thanks for the advice ladies. Well, I had lasagne with loads of cheese, garlic bread, and chips! Oops lol. It was awesome though!!! Straight back on it today! I would have had creme brulee too! But they had run out so I took it as a sign haha xxxx

I am so glad you decided to enjoy your meal out last night Kirsty. I really do feel that it does us good sometimes and if you can get straight back on track like you have done then there shouldn't be too much damage done. Keeping my fingers crossed that you still get a loss come Monday as you deserve it!

Urgh having a terrible day in the office. Have a meeting with my boss at 12pm and I can stop stressing about it. Also feeling guilty about the wine I had last night, I don't know why I gave in to the temptation. After STS last week I really want a loss.

I'm sure we become self destructive the closer we get to a goal. I'm 3lbs off losing a stone and a half since I started dieting in October and feel like it's taking me forever to get there.

Don't feel guilty Kentcat, we do all need a break or a pick me up now and again. Try to put it behind you and carry on from today and hopefully no damage will have been done. Don't beat yourself up :)

I hope everyone is having a good day xx

Just thought of another quick tasty meal - frittata - like an omelette - beat up a few eggs then add some dried herbs - I like oregano or basil + garlic then pour into a frylighted frypan - add cooked sliced potato (keep some back from previous meal if u can!) then add any veg u have in - I like lean bacon cut into pieces, bit of cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn etc - if it's too tricky to turn over - I put the pan under the grill to finish cooking the other side - serve with salad or baked beans (the ones with sausage Mmmm..) tinned or fresh pasta?

Ooooooo I have never tried frittata with potatoes in, mine was more like an omelette type thing, sounds yum! Silly question but how do you know when the bottom is cooked so you can out it under the grill to do the top?

Well I failed to resist, was doing fine till about 9pm when the other half decided he wanted wine with dinner and totally craved and joined him. We'll see the impact of WI tomorrow Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you had a good weigh in!

Well done on your loss zeke!

Thanks for the advice ladies. Well, I had lasagne with loads of cheese, garlic bread, and chips! Oops lol. It was awesome though!!! Straight back on it today! I would have had creme brulee too! But they had run out so I took it as a sign haha xxxx

That sounds gorgeous! Glad you enjoyed it!

Urgh having a terrible day in the office. Have a meeting with my boss at 12pm and I can stop stressing about it. Also feeling guilty about the wine I had last night, I don't know why I gave in to the temptation. After STS last week I really want a loss. I'm sure we become self destructive the closer we get to a goal. I'm 3lbs off losing a stone and a half since I started dieting in October and feel like it's taking me forever to get there. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope your meeting wasn't too bad and your day got less stressful as it went on!

So agree on the self destructive when near a goal thing, I'm sure I do that too, I have no idea why because I really want this!

Well done on your loss sammy, yay!

Question for those of you who exercise-I've finally found exercise I enjoy and want to keep doing it, but some days I'm just really not feeling like exercising-I don't know whether I should just make myself do it and not enjoy it, or whether I should allow myself time off when I'm not feeling it, so that I still enjoy it when I do decided to do it? Hope that makes sense lol

I find exercise can be a slippery slope, when you miss days etc, well for me it is anyway. I was being really good, exercising most days, 7 days a week dog walks and then 4 days of doing gym stuff, I missed a day when I should of gone to the gym and that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been back lol. Im pretty busy the rest of the week but then im going to force myself to get back on it.

Just been asked to be a bridesmaid in October, I had always said Im not setting myself goals but im really struggling to not try and work out how much I think I could lose by then, I really don't want to be looking fat and minging in pictures I have no control over lol. Im kind of thinking 11 stone would be an ok weight, I don't feel as self conscious when Im in the 11's, I'd have 27 more weigh in's well 28 if you class the day of the wedding but doubt I'll be weighing then... so 3 stone in 27 weigh in's, meaning I would need to lose just over 1.5lbs a week... do'able... but Ive got my husband coming home, so no doubt we will have some big nights out to make up for not seeing each other for 8 months, we are going away all inclusive for a week or two as well... oh and a weekend away for our anniversary and we are going to a three day music festival so Im kind of thinking the first month after he gets home is going to be a write off weight loss wise, my goal was to just try and maintain during that month, so be extra good between our nights out and holiday... meh... don't know what to do!

Hello all!

I am down 2lbs this week :). After last weeks small gain, I am quite happy. I don't neeed the list updated as for some reason I miscalculated somewhere! so it is 22lbs now since the New Year started.

I am so close to my next stone bracket (0.5lbs) I can almost taste it! That is my my goal for next week!!

All the best to everyone:) xx

Well done on your loss sammy, yay!

Question for those of you who exercise-I've finally found exercise I enjoy and want to keep doing it, but some days I'm just really not feeling like exercising-I don't know whether I should just make myself do it and not enjoy it, or whether I should allow myself time off when I'm not feeling it, so that I still enjoy it when I do decided to do it? Hope that makes sense lol

Hi - why not compromise - by saying u'll exercise say 3 times a week - whatever u fancy even if it's a short walk with dog - then when that becomes the norm - u might find u'll miss it if u don't do it then when ur ready try and do it 5 x 30 mins a week - the amount recommended?? I've been v slowly that's very very very slowly actually - it's taken me 3 months to get to 5 x 30ms 5 times a week - for only the 2nd time this week (and that's only if I do it 2moro LOL)

Thanks for all the kind words of support yesterday, I somehow made it through the day without straying from my plan. And despite all my worries and moaning I've lost 1lb this week! Really really pleased as I have felt really unmotivated and quite stressed this week.

Onwards and downwards...new list below

List updated as of 09/04/2014
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.5lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 14.2lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 28lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 26.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 3lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 7.5lbs
CatA - pledged 48.4lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 22lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 9.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 11.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 15.2 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 1lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs

2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 17lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 0lbs

Thanks for all the kind words of support yesterday, I somehow made it through the day without straying from my plan. And despite all my worries and moaning I've lost 1lb this week! Really really pleased as I have felt really unmotivated and quite stressed this week.

Onwards and downwards...new list below

Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 9.5lbs

Well done Kentcat - I stayed the same disappointed but will have a few treats today as usual then back on plan 2moro - good luck to everyone!

Allo again,

Was a little quiet yesterday as had a lovely totm hormone headache which made looking at the screen VERY hard. Needless to say I didn't get much work done yesterday lol.

Managed a good diet day though, here's to day 3!

Hello all!

I am down 2lbs this week :). After last weeks small gain, I am quite happy. I don't neeed the list updated as for some reason I miscalculated somewhere! so it is 22lbs now since the New Year started.

I am so close to my next stone bracket (0.5lbs) I can almost taste it! That is my my goal for next week!!

All the best to everyone:) xx

Oh how cruel the scales can be, making you wait for that other 0.5lb! But yes, you are so close now and that has to be a huge incentive. Good luck for this week!

Well done on staying on plan and for the loss, that is brilliant. Here's hoping your motivation comes bounding back and you have a less stressful week this week. Don't give up cos you are doing brilliant even if it doesn't always feel that way :)

Well done Kentcat - I stayed the same disappointed but will have a few treats today as usual then back on plan 2moro - good luck to everyone!

Sorry you had a sts upndown. As we all know from experience though, the scales could tell a completely different story this time next week. I think they like to keep us on our toes sometimes! xx

Allo again,

Was a little quiet yesterday as had a lovely totm hormone headache which made looking at the screen VERY hard. Needless to say I didn't get much work done yesterday lol.

Managed a good diet day though, here's to day 3!

You sound really motivated again CatA! Hope you are feeling better today. Totm can be a total nightmare at times.

I've updated the list as I forgot to add my loss yesterday.

Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 10.5lbs

Escapade im with you on the partner being away front. My partner flew to canada last tuesday and wont be home until september. My aim was to lose as much as i could while he was away because having him say I look good when hes back might be incentive enough to stop me splurging when hes home. I know my will power is horrendous so if i splurge ill never stop haha.

Autumn I exercise but I alternate to keep it from getting boring. Every other day i use a c25k app on my phone and go running then depending on how i feel i will go to the gym on the same day and either swim or use the gym. The other days i will go for a long walk so that it doesnt feel so intensive but im still keeping active. I like watching my exercise PP mount up haha.

With regards to Autumn's email about exercising I'm quite lucky in that I've built it into my day so can't really get away without doing it.

In a morning I cycle 3.5K from my house to the station. I then walk 1.8K from the station to my office. In an evening I try at least 3 times a week to run back to the station. And then of course I have the 3.5K cycle again.

Doing that 5 days a week has helped me to be able to keep some things I enjoy in my diet.

Now we've lighter evenings I'm trying to do a proper run one evening a week about 5K.

Before this I definitely had to force myself to do exercise or I would always find a reason not too. I think if you make yourself do it, even when you don't want to, you soon actually get those happy hormones and will always feel better afterwards for going.

Back