2014 weight loss challenge

Well done on your loss this week newme!

Thanks catA for adding me to the list I couldnt do it on my I Phone earlier - grrrrrrrrrrrr

On lunch now & so tempted to just have a we bad day but nooooooooooo I will stay on plan.

Dxxx

Thanks so much everyone - bubble I've been doing some weird hybrid of SW and WW ! I guess it worked haha :) bought a bag of Scottish tablet at the gift shop when we were on a day trip today but I shared it out so only had 2 wee bits ! Mmmmm feeling virtuous ! My DH has began a kind of diet so that's helping keep me on the straight and narrow :)

Well done on the scones - must have been sooo tempting - notice a real change in ur attitude - u seem more positive & forgiving to u!! Hope it lasts - we all need to get our heads in the right place to get to target and beyond!!

Thank you, I am feeling more positive Atm,although not expecting a loss tomorrow, I have been enjoying my food more and exercising, so hopefully everything will catch up-I was researching to see if exercise affects peopls weight loss and it does seem to slow it down,but I saw a girl saying that she was giving up exercise til she got to goal, and that made me sad because it's not the healthiest attitude, for me, I don't want to get to goal but still hate how my body looks, so I think I will have to prepare myself for a very long and slow journey-I will probably have to change my goal if my losses become very slow, but I will wait and see

Just seen this now - hope u haven't gone hungry waiting for my reply LOL! I just lift the edges with a spatula or something - when the edges are cooked - I leave it for a few more mins then push the spatula further into the centre - when it's sort of solid (or at least not liquidy) I take it as cooked - hope ur impressed with my culinary terminology - perhaps Jamie O will invite me onto his next series eh?!

Hahaha I love your terminology, it suits me just fine!

This is so true upndown as I really think that unless we are in the right place to diet in the first place then it won't work. It becomes so much easier when we stop beating ourselves up for having time off or being a little bit naughty now and again too. I have now decided to go away for the two weeks over easter and not count a single thing! Yes I will put a few lbs on but I know that as soon as we are back, the diet will start again because I feel so motivated this time around, my head is in the right place for the first time in a long time and most importantly I have found a diet that works for me. So I will go away and enjoy my food without feeling guilty :D We can all do this, this is our year!!

Love that your attitude seems so healthy!!! If I don't get to goal this year but manage to conquer the mental side of it I will be so happy, because I think when your head is in the right place, it will be easier for the losses to follow suit. Hope you enjoy not counting, and I bet now you know you can eat what you want you will eat way less than what you imagine you will!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I had a KFC last night , but you know what I am a wee bit proud of myself cos I stopped as soon as I felt full & threw about 1/2 of the burger away rather than just stuff my face with it. So my motto is - Every cloud has a silver lining. Dxxx

I could never ever ever throw away kfc!!! Well done you!

Well done newme!!,

Cat, sorry you are still getting headaches :-(

Hey all. So nice to see so many of you keeping positive. Ive gone a little haywire today but as its my birthday im not too upset. Back to it tomorrow :)

Thank you, I am feeling more positive Atm,although not expecting a loss tomorrow, I have been enjoying my food more and exercising, so hopefully everything will catch up-I was researching to see if exercise affects peopls weight loss and it does seem to slow it down,but I saw a girl saying that she was giving up exercise til she got to goal, and that made me sad because it's not the healthiest attitude, for me, I don't want to get to goal but still hate how my body looks, so I think I will have to prepare myself for a very long and slow journey-I will probably have to change my goal if my losses become very slow, but I will wait and see

Yes - I think a few of us here are getting used to the forgive and forget mentality of eating healthier and the less healthy (is that the word we agreed on?) but u & me plus others I guess still have poor body images?!

I used to like Gok Wan's way of dealing with that ie: having several girls from small to large to show the subject of each programme, then asked the woman to select the girl who had a similar body size & shape to herself - every prog I watched - the woman chose one of the larger girls - bet many of us wd 2? More homework req'd!!

Good morning lovelies ! I've lost 2 this week which I'm very happy about as it's been ages since I lost more than 1 or gained or STS! Can some lovely person update my entry? It should actually say I've lost FOUR pounds now ! Thank you xx

That's great long awaited big loss - hope that's made u feel good - well done!!

Hey all. So nice to see so many of you keeping positive. Ive gone a little haywire today but as its my birthday im not too upset. Back to it tomorrow :)

Happy birthday! Definitely a day to go haywire

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks KentCat had a few treats but really looking forward to clean eatting tomorrow x

Yes - I think a few of us here are getting used to the forgive and forget mentality of eating healthier and the less healthy (is that the word we agreed on?) but u & me plus others I guess still have poor body images?!

I used to like Gok Wan's way of dealing with that ie: having several girls from small to large to show the subject of each programme, then asked the woman to select the girl who had a similar body size & shape to herself - every prog I watched - the woman chose one of the larger girls - bet many of us wd 2? More homework req'd!!

That's so true about the gok thing,I think we def have warped visions of what we look like!

I stepped on the scales today and had gained 1.25 pounds.I was a bit surprised as I actually feel quite good at the minute.I was reading that when you start exercising you can hold weight due to water for your muscles etc.I can see changes in my body and while I'm obsessed with the scale I would rather have a nice body than a low number.I'm putting the scales away and am going to commit to slimming world as much as I can,while being relaxed when things happen out of my control,and I'm going to try and weigh the first friday of every month.I'm nervous about it because the scale usually keeps me in check,but I am going to try it because I think I need to be less dependent on the number on the scale,my mood rides too much on what it says,today is the first time it hasn't phased me(wait til you see,tomorrow I will be in a whole different frame of mind lol).

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend,happy belated birthday loulou!

That's so true about the gok thing,I think we def have warped visions of what we look like!

I stepped on the scales today and had gained 1.25 pounds.I was a bit surprised as I actually feel quite good at the minute.I was reading that when you start exercising you can hold weight due to water for your muscles etc.I can see changes in my body and while I'm obsessed with the scale I would rather have a nice body than a low number.I'm putting the scales away and am going to commit to slimming world as much as I can,while being relaxed when things happen out of my control,and I'm going to try and weigh the first friday of every month.I'm nervous about it because the scale usually keeps me in check,but I am going to try it because I think I need to be less dependent on the number on the scale,my mood rides too much on what it says,today is the first time it hasn't phased me(wait til you see,tomorrow I will be in a whole different frame of mind lol).

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend,happy belated birthday loulou!

Sorry about ur gain - great news ur taking on the chin - ur really changing ur mindset aren't u? Not like me - with my sts - I was in a real grump for a few hours - good job I was on my own!! I think we do fluctuate with water retention - it's just a pain on WI day!!

Brave too to put ur scales away - but a really good idea - I think we all know when we lost and gained - but I'm still addicted to mine - more homework again! Enjoy ur weekend.

Sorry about your gain Autumn. Your attitude is brilliant though and yes, maybe putting those scales away for a while isn't such a bad thing. You are seeing changes in your body so what you are doing is obviously having a good effect. Don't let the scales set you back, keep up the good work!

Happy belated birthday Loulou, hope you enjoyed your day. It sounds as though you have got right back on track so well done.

Just to share with you all, I was chuffed to bits yesterday as my hairdresser came, she hasn't seen me since I started on the diet and the first thing she said to me was "have you lost weight?". It has put a huge grin on my face! :D

I am off plan now until the 28th. Hoping not to put too much back on though and I will still be popping in regularly to see how you are all doing.

Enjoy your weekends all xx

Sorry about your gain Autumn. Your attitude is brilliant though and yes, maybe putting those scales away for a while isn't such a bad thing. You are seeing changes in your body so what you are doing is obviously having a good effect. Don't let the scales set you back, keep up the good work!

Happy belated birthday Loulou, hope you enjoyed your day. It sounds as though you have got right back on track so well done.

Just to share with you all, I was chuffed to bits yesterday as my hairdresser came, she hasn't seen me since I started on the diet and the first thing she said to me was "have you lost weight?". It has put a huge grin on my face! :D

I am off plan now until the 28th. Hoping not to put too much back on though and I will still be popping in regularly to see how you are all doing.

Enjoy your weekends all xx

Bet u could have kissed ur hairdresser - well done - that just shows the scales aren't the only indicator are they?? Enjoy ur break off plan - and 'see' u soon!

Hi peeps.
Autumn ive been thinking the same thing about the scales 1ce a month, very tempting as its much nicer to be happy then miserable cos of a number! Im going to have a serious think and maybe join you. Its a challenge in itself!
Sorry you had a gain, i had a 7lb gain this week:eek: but still feel great, so whats that about?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey all,

Autumn the once a month weigh in is a brilliant idea. Im a serial weigher and today i put on 2lb but my Wi day isnt until sunday so ill make sure its gone haha.

Does anyone else find that if you have a bad day food wise no matter how determined you are to get back on track you cant start? Im feeling it today i want to walk the 3 miles to work but my body doesnt seem to want to move.

Back