2014 weight loss challenge

I was like that Autumn, just try your best, thats all you can do, and just draw them lines, God knows I was drawing a line every morning, noon, and night! Don't let the fact your not weighing lead you in another direction. Sending you my good vibes from today. :vibes:

Fab loss bubble well done!

Ladies,I'm struggling big time.I've been quite stressed the past few days and doing a lot more running around than I usually would be,and I find I'm making poor food choices,or I'm planning meticulously but then eating crap on top of it.I'm tired and stressed and due totm,so that is probably a recipe for disaster in terms of my body craving chocolate lol.just having a wee vent,really need a massive kick up the bum,and probably need to manage my syns better so I have room for a bit of chocolate in the evening if I need it

Aww poor u - it is hard enough to keep on track but when ur busy & totm - it becomes really tough - as Bubble says forget about what u've eaten and do what u can - what else can we do? At least u have time to recover b4 ur WI - but I don't suppose that u want to think that way for too long.

Here's hoping u'll have a quieter time soon and u'll be able to plan things better. Easier said than done I know but try not to fret about it cos in my experience that sends me running for the less healthy stuff!!

Thanks for the support ladies :) I think I might try extra easy for a few days as my head is getting confused with red and green-does anyone who has gone from red or green to extra easy really missed the extra healthy extras or is it not so bad?

I agree I just need to draw lines and stick at it, there isn't much else can be done really! I just feel like really kicking myself sometimes!

Now, Now Autumn - where's that 'be kinder to me' attitude gone eh? My Dad always used to say that only donkeys kick LOL!!

Yes I miss the 2As and 2Bs - that's one of the reasons I Success Express.

SW must design the plans for ppl across a wide weight range - but I sometimes think it's ok to bend the rules to suit different situations eg: a mashed banana is supposed to count as syns - cos they go down so easy u cd eat loads - but if ur only going to eat 1 - I don't syn it.

Similarly if I'm having an EE day with lots of superfree & free if I'm hungry - I'll have an extra HEx cos as it may stop me bingeing!! It may stop my weight loss but better that than going totally off plan (altho' I do that too!!)

When i did slimming world i tried extra easy but it seemed far too unrestrictive for me which is why im on WW now but i have next to no will power. That said why dont you try success express. It gives you that extra boost and can really refocus you.

Don't know what went wrong for me yesterday I was so hungry nearly all day. Tried to make healthy choices but definitely consumed more food than I normally do.

Does anyone else get that from time to time?

On the plus side I've just changed the station I commute into London from for one that bit further from my house so an extra 1.5K to cycle each journey which should help shift those pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Now, Now Autumn - where's that 'be kinder to me' attitude gone eh? My Dad always used to say that only donkeys kick LOL!! Yes I miss the 2As and 2Bs - that's one of the reasons I Success Express. SW must design the plans for ppl across a wide weight range - but I sometimes think it's ok to bend the rules to suit different situations eg: a mashed banana is supposed to count as syns - cos they go down so easy u cd eat loads - but if ur only going to eat 1 - I don't syn it. Similarly if I'm having an EE day with lots of superfree & free if I'm hungry - I'll have an extra HEx cos as it may stop me bingeing!! It may stop my weight loss but better that than going totally off plan (altho' I do that too!!)

I think that's a good attitude you have, and I agree with bending the rules slightly. I don't generally need 2 hex as but I would probably look for a second b, but if doing ee and having 2 b's keeps me on track then maybe that's what u need, I would surely be better than going off plan altogether which is what happened last night!

I think I need to get more imaginative with veg, I have no idea what to do apart from throw a bit of salad on the Side, which is a bit boring, and when I have veg I tend to just boil the life out of it or roast it lol,I'm not very culinary.

When i did slimming world i tried extra easy but it seemed far too unrestrictive for me which is why im on WW now but i have next to no will power. That said why dont you try success express. It gives you that extra boost and can really refocus you.

I've got control over my portion sizes so I think that part of it would be ok, it's just the superfree part that's tricky, a lot of the time I was including it as my meal, eg spaghetti Bol, but I'm not sure how ok that is.

I've seen lots of people trying success express I'm just scared of being really hungry with it, I'm not too sure of ideas for lunches and dinners that I could have with it

Autumn you'll be much less hungry on SE, when i do it i make sure theres a large salad with everything i eat! Eg still have pasta, bacon and hexa thrown on top of a big bowl of salad. It did work still 15 syns but 4hexs.
Try it you may be surprised. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't know what went wrong for me yesterday I was so hungry nearly all day. Tried to make healthy choices but definitely consumed more food than I normally do. Does anyone else get that from time to time? On the plus side I've just changed the station I commute into London from for one that bit further from my house so an extra 1.5K to cycle each journey which should help shift those pounds. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I get this. Like on two different days I could eat the exact same food and one day il be satisfied and another day il be famished! Don't know what that's all about but it's annoying!

Autumn you'll be much less hungry on SE, when i do it i make sure theres a large salad with everything i eat! Eg still have pasta, bacon and hexa thrown on top of a big bowl of salad. It did work still 15 syns but 4hexs. Try it you may be surprised. X Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry for being stupid, but is it extra easy in terms of you can have foods that are free in either plan, plus four healthy extras and 15 syns, and 2 thirds of the plate superfree?

From what I remember it's 4 Hex's if you do Red or Green. EE was 2 Hexs and all the free stuff from both plans and all three plans have 15 syns?

Debating on going back onto SW once I get a stone or two from target as losses will slow anyway so may as well enjoy food while trundling along lol

Sorry for being stupid, but is it extra easy in terms of you can have foods that are free in either plan, plus four healthy extras and 15 syns, and 2 thirds of the plate superfree?

Thats it girl! Very easy and lots more food!
The only thing is if you syn for example a sausage on EE it will be the least syns but on SE it will be the highest syn value.

Autumn theres a SE thread i havent subbed but take a look for ideas. It really explains it well. X

From what I remember it's 4 Hex's if you do Red or Green. EE was 2 Hexs and all the free stuff from both plans and all three plans have 15 syns? Debating on going back onto SW once I get a stone or two from target as losses will slow anyway so may as well enjoy food while trundling along lol

Lol that is a sensible way to look at it! How have you been getting on?

Thats it girl! Very easy and lots more food! The only thing is if you syn for example a sausage on EE it will be the least syns but on SE it will be the highest syn value. Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad you said that! So things like uncle bens rice would be synced at the red value rather than green? I must go and have a look at that thread for inspiration! I'm assuming that you can try it for just a day and don't need to commit for a week?

Hi all, just popped on to have a catch up. Well done on all the losses this week!

Welcome to Safia and Zigmaster.

I am feeling a bit disgruntled today although have no right really. As you know I'm off plan this week and so far this is the sixth day of eating all sorts of crap. Weigh in day today and 4lbs on already! Not fair is it? Today I am cutting right down and tomorrow I am having a day on plan cos at this rate I will be back to the beginning :(

It's only week 2 so far Autumn and still surprised I lost with serious TOTM bloat last week. I'm not pushing myself for a big loss this week though as I know that knowing I will be scoffing choc again soon will kill motivation a bit. Going to try and get back into pilates for a few days though (which tends to stall losses) so that when I get 110% strict again after Easter my system should be used to the exercise and hopefully see losses again until I go on hol end of June.

Sammyanth - it's sooo easy to put the weight on when you go off plan isn't it!

I am going off for Easter and the way I look at it...if I only gain anything up to 5-7lb's I will be very lucky seeing as it's all choc! lol

I feel your pain autumn ! I am struggling just now but still determined to stick it out! If I can just lose ONE measly pound a week I will be at goal for my summer hols on 7 July! Just have to keep that in my sights ! Hang on in there everyone !

Back