2014 weight loss challenge

Good luck if you try that bubble. I'm not due to weigh til 30th April and I'm nervous as last few days have been off plan and I think il find it easier to get complacent since weigh in seems so far away, s I will really have to try and keep that in check, if I've put on lots by then I will have to re-evaluate and change to fortnightly, or just keep going and trying to stick to plan as much as possible.

Sometimes losing weight is so incredibly draining :-(

This is so true! Losing weight is very draining and takes forever but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end! xxxx

Hi all, just popped on to have a catch up. Well done on all the losses this week!

Welcome to Safia and Zigmaster.

I am feeling a bit disgruntled today although have no right really. As you know I'm off plan this week and so far this is the sixth day of eating all sorts of crap. Weigh in day today and 4lbs on already! Not fair is it? Today I am cutting right down and tomorrow I am having a day on plan cos at this rate I will be back to the beginning :(

Aww bless you. I know the feeling Sammy. One weekend off and 3.5lb on!!!! Why is it so much easier to put it on than lose it. Missing you! Hope you're having a fab time! xxx

This is so true! Losing weight is very draining and takes forever but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end! xxxx

Aww bless you. I know the feeling Sammy. One weekend off and 3.5lb on!!!! Why is it so much easier to put it on than lose it. Missing you! Hope you're having a fab time! xxx

Aww, that's a lovely thing to say, thanks Kirsty xx I am still here on and off :)

Well it looks like we're in it together this weeks with our gains. We will get there eventually hun xx

It's only week 2 so far Autumn and still surprised I lost with serious TOTM bloat last week. I'm not pushing myself for a big loss this week though as I know that knowing I will be scoffing choc again soon will kill motivation a bit. Going to try and get back into pilates for a few days though (which tends to stall losses) so that when I get 110% strict again after Easter my system should be used to the exercise and hopefully see losses again until I go on hol end of June.

Sammyanth - it's sooo easy to put the weight on when you go off plan isn't it!

I am going off for Easter and the way I look at it...if I only gain anything up to 5-7lb's I will be very lucky seeing as it's all choc! lol

It's shocking how easy it is! And so not fair. But I'm not doing without my easter eggs either :D

Fingers crossed we don't gain too much eh?

It will be a worthwhile gain if we do though...CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, that's a lovely thing to say, thanks Kirsty xx I am still here on and off :)

Well it looks like we're in it together this weeks with our gains. We will get there eventually hun xx

It's true!!! :) and we definetely are in this together! We will indeed! We've just got to stick at it and not give up!!! xxx

It will be a worthwhile gain if we do though...CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So true!!!! :17729::bliss: love chocolate so much!!!! xxx

I can't wait for Easter.....feel like I need a real chocolate splurge and then hopefully be sick of it by next Tuesday so dieting will be easier! lol

We get to finish work at 12.30 Thursday so will go home and make Easter Nests ...yummy!

Glad you said that! So things like uncle bens rice would be synced at the red value rather than green? I must go and have a look at that thread for inspiration! I'm assuming that you can try it for just a day and don't need to commit for a week?

Yes mate uncle bens would be synned as red. You dont need to commit to any time limit. Infact SW encourage to switch and change during the week. Good luck mate. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh guys please dont remind me of the easter eggs....
I ate 6 eggs that i bought for my kids 2 weeks ago hense a 7lb gain that week. Now had to buy eggs to replace theirs!!!! I cant do it again!

Bubble that made me laugh! This is the first year me and husband won't get to eat our kids eggs ! They're now 7, 7 & 4 so they'll be on to us if we do !

How's everyone getting on?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooooh I won't be losing til after Easter lol

Hubby chose pizza delivery for dinner seeing as we are stuffing faces with choc this weekend. Ooops. Will have to be extra good tomorrow-Fri in hopes it counteracts a bit.

Definitely going to be a big gain when I weigh Tues for new start weight lol

I just had an all you can eat buffet for lunch,oops!

We used to buy eggs for oh's niece and nephews and we always had to rebuy them. At least twice lol,they are just too tempting!

Haha ive had 4 large easter eggs sat in my room for 3 weeks. Cant wait for sunday so i can get rid of the temptation. If they all last ill be gobsmacked!

Lol oh dear, chocolate is the devil in disguise.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol Loulou you're a masochist !! With three kids it's unreal the choc eggs we have here at Easter ! My dining room will be filled ! Yikes !

Bubble that made me laugh! This is the first year me and husband won't get to eat our kids eggs ! They're now 7, 7 & 4 so they'll be on to us if we do !

Haha, these were the ones they dont know theyve got yet. Once they get them at easter then we wont get a look in. :p

Lol Loulou you're a masochist !! With three kids it's unreal the choc eggs we have here at Easter ! My dining room will be filled ! Yikes !

Snap! Weve got too many kids!!

Hi all, just popped on to have a catch up. Well done on all the losses this week!

Welcome to Safia and Zigmaster.

I am feeling a bit disgruntled today although have no right really. As you know I'm off plan this week and so far this is the sixth day of eating all sorts of crap. Weigh in day today and 4lbs on already! Not fair is it? Today I am cutting right down and tomorrow I am having a day on plan cos at this rate I will be back to the beginning :(

Hiya sammy, sorry you are struggling, but remember that. It's unlikely that is a genuine four pound gain, I know that doesn't make it easier to see, but please bear it in mind. Sorry if you have said already but is there a reason for you going off plan? Do you just want a break from things for a while? Have you been enjoying yourself?

does anyone know the best way to help tiredness? It seems no matter how much or little sleep I get I'm always exhausted, and the tiredness makes me crave less healthy foods and makes it difficult to get the energy to exercise.i. A civil servant so it's. It my job or anything making me tired, I'm just so sick of having no energy-even when I'm eating healthily I do t feel anymore energised :(

today has has been a bit of a disaster and I've been binging big time, which hasn't happened in so long, but I'm upset about it, and the thought of slimming world tomorrow is depressing me when I know I should be enjoying it as there is so much food to enjoy on it. I'm just feeling disillusioned and was trying on my clothes earlier and just feel massive in everything and I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to get there :(

Think most of these feelings are because totm is due, but still, I'm feeling negative today and I hate that! I've been bickering with oh over nothing at all and just constantly grumbling and eating. I think I hate hormones more than I hate dieting!

Last edited:
Autumn i know it probably souds daft but i listen to a hypnosis track on youtube when i cant sleep.

Heres the link:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AeeugeINo

I find it makes me sleep deeply without waking during the night which is highly unusual for me. It might not be for everyone but its worth a try :)

Back