2014 weight loss challenge

Congrats upndown thats a fab weight loss bet your really chuffed :)

Hiya sammy, sorry you are struggling, but remember that. It's unlikely that is a genuine four pound gain, I know that doesn't make it easier to see, but please bear it in mind. Sorry if you have said already but is there a reason for you going off plan? Do you just want a break from things for a while? Have you been enjoying yourself?

does anyone know the best way to help tiredness? It seems no matter how much or little sleep I get I'm always exhausted, and the tiredness makes me crave less healthy foods and makes it difficult to get the energy to exercise.i. A civil servant so it's. It my job or anything making me tired, I'm just so sick of having no energy-even when I'm eating healthily I do t feel anymore energised :(

today has has been a bit of a disaster and I've been binging big time, which hasn't happened in so long, but I'm upset about it, and the thought of slimming world tomorrow is depressing me when I know I should be enjoying it as there is so much food to enjoy on it. I'm just feeling disillusioned and was trying on my clothes earlier and just feel massive in everything and I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to get there :(

Think most of these feelings are because totm is due, but still, I'm feeling negative today and I hate that! I've been bickering with oh over nothing at all and just constantly grumbling and eating. I think I hate hormones more than I hate dieting!

Hi - sorry to hear ur feeling like that - it cd be totm - that can do all sorts of things to our heads as well as our bodies eh? But have u been to doc - u cd have anaemia or something like that - might be worth a visit if it continues??

Know u prob won't feel like it right now - but when I'm fed up with SW - I look for recipes for every meal plus puds and snacks - when I google the first few results are usually here!! Do you have any diet mags? I find the pics inspiring (sad me!) Hope u feel brighter soonx

Oh guys please dont remind me of the easter eggs....
I ate 6 eggs that i bought for my kids 2 weeks ago hense a 7lb gain that week. Now had to buy eggs to replace theirs!!!! I cant do it again!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Done that soooo many times over the years - Easter, Christmas, Birthdays, Bonfire Night ............... no wonder I put so much weight on!!

I once re bought a chocolate orange five times before christmas !!! Greedy cow !

...think I cd beat u on Ferrero Rocher, tins of Roses & Heroes, packs of mince pies, Halloween and Bonfire goodies etc, etc..........

Eugh sorry ladies, that was such a moany post! I have gone and made my lunch for work and planned what I'm having for dinner, so line drawn after this evening and back on tomorrow, hopefully! I love having this thread!

No need to apologise - honest posts like that - just make the rest of us feel better cos it shows us that we're not the only one thinking/doing/experiencing the same thing!!

Haha ive had 4 large easter eggs sat in my room for 3 weeks. Cant wait for sunday so i can get rid of the temptation. If they all last ill be gobsmacked!

I bought Easter egg pressies weeks ago - cos I thought it was at the end of March duhhhh!!! The day I bought them I put them in my hubby's car boot to stop me chomping on them - so they're very well travelled by now - hope they're in one piece and this warmer weather hasn't melted them!!

I think that's a good attitude you have, and I agree with bending the rules slightly. I don't generally need 2 hex as but I would probably look for a second b, but if doing ee and having 2 b's keeps me on track then maybe that's what u need, I would surely be better than going off plan altogether which is what happened last night!

I think I need to get more imaginative with veg, I have no idea what to do apart from throw a bit of salad on the Side, which is a bit boring, and when I have veg I tend to just boil the life out of it or roast it lol,I'm not very culinary.

Know what u mean - but over the last few weeks, I've tried to be a bit more imaginative - I'm trying to have things I like when I eat out - I used to feel spending lots on trendy veg and fruit was an extravagance but funny how I didn't bat an eyelid on what I spent on crisps, sweets, choc, ready made sarnies, takeaways etc LOL!!

I've got control over my portion sizes so I think that part of it would be ok, it's just the superfree part that's tricky, a lot of the time I was including it as my meal, eg spaghetti Bol, but I'm not sure how ok that is.

I've seen lots of people trying success express I'm just scared of being really hungry with it, I'm not too sure of ideas for lunches and dinners that I could have with it[/QUOTE
I'm finding Success Exp is fine - it doesn't restrict the amount u eat - u just have to have 2/3 superfree and I find it does fill me up. It's fine to have the superfree in the meal like the spag bol u mention - soups are handy as a snack or a starter too.

I think the meal plans on SW website (which is available to non-members) and their mags are good for ideas - the mags also show new foods and how the target members adapted their meals to SW ways for packed lunches, eating out, snacks etc

Found out this week that MCain Rustic Oven chips are 1 syn for 100g!!! So the whole 1kg pack is only 10 syns - yum, yum!

I get this. Like on two different days I could eat the exact same food and one day il be satisfied and another day il be famished! Don't know what that's all about but it's annoying!

I often find I don't feel full after a meal until I've had a hot drink - even fruit tea - then 20mins later I'm ok.

Sorry for being stupid, but is it extra easy in terms of you can have foods that are free in either plan, plus four healthy extras and 15 syns, and 2 thirds of the plate superfree?

Yes it is - amazing isn't it!

I often find I don't feel full after a meal until I've had a hot drink - even fruit tea - then 20mins later I'm ok.

I totally agree with you there. Id drink fizzy pop all day long and be constantly hungry but since swapping to fruit tea my cravings have gone and i feel fuller for longer.

Hi all, just popped on to have a catch up. Well done on all the losses this week!

Welcome to Safia and Zigmaster.

I am feeling a bit disgruntled today although have no right really. As you know I'm off plan this week and so far this is the sixth day of eating all sorts of crap. Weigh in day today and 4lbs on already! Not fair is it? Today I am cutting right down and tomorrow I am having a day on plan cos at this rate I will be back to the beginning :(

Know exactly what u mean and it's not fair - but as others have said it's not all fat a lot of it is water - I know that to my cost cos every WI day I have a few treats and can put on up to 4lbs that day - then I lose it v quickly and most weeks I've had a loss - so I'm sure that'll happen to u when u get back on plan - try not to let it get u down - just get back on plan when u planned.

I know I shouldn't have but weighed myself again this morning and had today been WI day I would have lost a pound rather than gained it!

Trying not to let it frustrate me and inspire me instead, if I'm not too naughty over the long weekend who knows maybe a could get a couple of pounds loss next week. (She says invoking the power of wishful thinking)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
After a sneeky peak on the scales this morning it looks like im heading for a stay the same this week unless something drastic happens lol doubtful!

After a sneeky peak on the scales this morning it looks like im heading for a stay the same this week unless something drastic happens lol doubtful!

When is your WI day? You never know our bodies change so much in a day my experience above shows that.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the support everyone. I actually STS so not so bad really! Back to one hundred percent for the coming weeks x well done everyone for the great losses x

Newme a sts is always a bonus so much better than a gain xxx

Do any of you guys have weight loss diaries on here? Is love to subscribe and keep up to date with you all :)

Not me sorry loulou - hope u have a good weekend!

Back